Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive Transformers 2 Images

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive Transformers 2 Images Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive Transformers 2 Images - 28/12/2008 10:16:53 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 28/12/2008 10:16:53 PM   
glenuff

1997 eh? Man, how time flies!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Egypt?! - 28/12/2008 10:50:10 PM   
Rico rodrigeuz

Looks pretty good so far but Egypt? Possibly a new all spark or something.

Post #: 3
Excellent - 28/12/2008 10:51:25 PM   
liamdaly

Can't wait for this film, looks great. 1997 definitely a typo considering it came out in 2007

Post #: 4
RE: Excellent - 28/12/2008 10:59:55 PM   
dead_reckoning

Looking forward to this, though does this mean a autobot/decepticon is inside the pyramids? Or hell, are the pyramids from cybertron etc?

these cuts run deep. these scars are permanent and always on display

xbox Live gamertag = misteroconnell
PSN ID = ravenouscartoon

(in reply to liamdaly)
Post #: 5
EMPIRE ON LOST - 28/12/2008 11:08:04 PM   
Boydcape

I do believe that all of the greatest things in the world are finally coming together.
Hopefully Transformers will learn from its mistakes from the first one.

Post #: 6
Egypt? Pyramids? - 29/12/2008 12:04:07 AM   
shanewire

Is this gonna do a rise of the silver surfer on us and visit each and every major tourist location in the world for no reason other than they can?

Post #: 7
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 29/12/2008 12:35:14 AM   
richCie

wats with the pic with the car?
and are Empire seriously suggesting anyone is actually looking forward to tranfsormers 2 after the dismal first film?
i'd forgotten that it was even being made...
looks like a crap issue, which is a shame cos the last one was pretty good.

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to shanewire)
Post #: 8
- 29/12/2008 12:37:24 AM   
Glass3005

OH MY GOD LOOK OUT! NEXT TO THAT PYRAMID! IT'S A DECEPTI...

...Oh it's just a camera crane.

Post #: 9
Transformers - 29/12/2008 2:32:12 AM   
geodude1990

Coming in to Transformers, I never expected to see a movie that delivered anything more than some awesome CG and incredible action sequences. That is exactly what the first Transformers movie delivered, in my opinion. If anybody was expecting anything more, then your expectations were a bit too high.

Post #: 10
RE: Transformers - 29/12/2008 6:22:07 AM   
vineethchacko

I agree completely with geodude1990. We got the movie we expected and that was great, Anybody expecting more obviously forgot Michael Bay was directing. And he took his direction a huge step further with Transformers. Lets just be thankful we're getting to see Transformers in live action.

(in reply to geodude1990)
Post #: 11
Ahh Yeah! - 29/12/2008 9:40:26 AM   
Funk_Knight

Yep - T2 ... I mean T2-RotF' ... looks like its going to be FUN!!! Great popcorn entertainment! That's the point - there are bad popcorn films and great popcorn films, and T1 was a great one. Bringing this film to the screen isn't easy because the central characters only mean something to the fans. Look at what happened at the Oscars and the Bafta's - the FX award went to an inferior FX film - why, cuz the 'luvvies' who voted couldn't take this seriously. Anyone who read the original comics in the 80's will know that Transformers was character led - (that's why the Gobots weren't as good), every single toy had a personal biography on the back of the toy, characters that helped the stories in the comics - of course this was a way of selling toys and the concept, but when we got one of these toys home we loved not only the design but we knew WHO the toy was (very important when you have two identical toys with only the name, colour and personality separating them) . Asking audiences to take these characters as seriously as we fans do is a huge risk in cinema terms. So if the best they can do is a popcorn summer action CGI comedy action flick then - as long as it is GREAT popcorn entertainment - I am definitely in!!! Regardless - it is always a thrill to see Optimus Prime as a living and ‘breathing (?)' concept brought to life by the magic of cinema. Could it be better - maybe, but then again it could be much much much worse! Bring on 'Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen'.

Post #: 12
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 29/12/2008 10:31:58 AM   
bronco3114

quote:

ORIGINAL: richCie

and are Empire seriously suggesting anyone is actually looking forward to tranfsormers 2 after the dismal first film?

What was so dismal about the first film? Sure it could have been a bit better but like some have pointed out if you where expecting a Blade Runner or Terminator 2 then me thinks your expectations where too high. I know most of us who where fans of the cartoon are in our mid 20's to early 30's but ere, hello it's still aimed at kids!

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 13
But what new Transformer's are we getting!!? - 29/12/2008 10:35:06 AM   
bronco3114

This film's never about the characters or scenery show us some freaking new Transformers!!! I've still got my fingers crossed Hot Rod, Soundwave, Blaster and Galvatron show up.

Post #: 14
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 29/12/2008 11:10:52 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

If this learns from the mistakes the last film made then this could be amazing. For all it's flaws I enjoyed the last movie. It's a huge fun summer film...with giant fighting robots that knows when to poke fun at itself. It delivered in that sense.

The main problem from the last film for me was the whole "Computer whizz" sub-plot. I feel that really was not needed unless those characters are going to carry through to the next movie. Those sections made the film drag on a bit. The army sections even though they were stock characters they were decent enough and needed in the film.

The lead of Section 7 ... probaly hit a miss with a lot of people. Combined with the scene with the siege defending against that mini decepticon again probaly hit and miss. Yet I feel at least there were times the film did not take itself too seriously which was to it's benefit (for example the Transformers waiting for sam to find the cube in his front garden ).

The film also did great job of portraying the Transformers. Even the updates/redesigns did not bother me. It struck up that sense of nostalgia etc. The action scenes with the transformers look brilliant. The odd part where it is hard to make out who is fighting yet still amazing visually. Though on my second viewing this was less of a problem. A focus on the Transformers and on core characters would be a huge improvement for this film. I am truly looking forward to this.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 15
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 29/12/2008 11:18:03 AM   
richCie

the mian problem IMO was considering it was an action film, it was a total letdown. most of the fight scenes were just a blurry mismatch of metal, and all the cool stuff like the highway chase had been shown on the trailers.
so for me it was very very boring.
it'd probbaly help if i'd been a transformers fan as a kid but i never was.

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 16
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 29/12/2008 1:01:59 PM   
Drone

I enjoyed Transfomers, however I thought John Turturro almost single handedly ruined it... his character was godawful; in fact the whole sector 7 thing really spoiled it.  Awesome fun apart from that though.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 17
- 29/12/2008 1:52:59 PM   
Letattz

is it just me, or is megan fox cupping her breast?

Post #: 18
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 29/12/2008 2:25:28 PM   
captainrentboy

quote:

From your post it's quite clear that you have no interest in a new Transformers flick, but I'm not sure you should be assuming that no other film fan wants to see the new one.
I for one can't wait. As long as they tidy up the action scenes, so that it's, y'know, clear what's actually going on, it should be your standard, no brainer, explosive summer action film.

The pics are boring as fuck mind

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 19
ARE YOU KIDDING? - 29/12/2008 2:30:33 PM   
ROTGUT

I'm obviously in the minority here - but Transformers was a complete pile of cack. And even more depressing is that Empire have stuck a great big picture of one of them on the latest issue. Sure Michael Bay's film was entertaining enough - if you were a lobotimised monkey with a bad case of ADS. The rest of us prefer action films that make a bit of sense - films that don't look like they've been butchered and edited by a demented Edward Scissorhands on crack - thank you very much ......

Post #: 20
RE: ARE YOU KIDDING? - 29/12/2008 2:34:31 PM   
kumar

Really looking forward to this, but im a bit dissapointed the first transformer we see is the exact same Optimus one we saw last year, only a bit dirtier!! 

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to ROTGUT)
Post #: 21
- 29/12/2008 2:36:02 PM   
Manfrendshensindshen

Transformers 1 had excellent VFX and was lucky to have Shia LeBeouf (cock, how do I spell the bugger) show off his light comedy skills. But that and "subbar haaawd" Megan Faaawks wasn't enough and isn't enough to lure me back. I don't want to waste any more of my brains capacity for this franchise. Just did? Oopsh.

Post #: 22
Look out! - 29/12/2008 2:37:05 PM   
captainamazing

That's where the original drakula (updated to 'Drake', because it sounds so damn cool. Erhem...) came from! Oh no, that was aparently in Iraq, in the good awful Blade 3 film. But to Transformers 2 - If its the same but with more robots and more Bayhem, that'll do. What else do you expect? They're films centred around car-robot toy cartoons. Just enjoy the spectacle and stop wingeing that there's no substance...

Post #: 23
Stop the hate - 29/12/2008 2:45:36 PM   
Tech_Noir

Transformers was a fun epic summer spectacle, a thousand times better than the likes of Van Helsing, Fantastic Four, etc.

It's a great good versus evil adventure and the second one looks just as good.

(in reply to captainamazing)
Post #: 24
RE: Stop the hate - 29/12/2008 3:09:21 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Transformers was a fun epic summer spectacle, a thousand times better than the likes of Van Helsing, Fantastic Four, etc.

Couldn't agree more. As pointed out in the "Kermode's Reviews" thread, anyone expecting anything other than crash bang wallop from a film about fuck-off robots fighting each other probably walked into the wrong film.

Glad to see that most of the decent cast members have returned too.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 25
WTF - 29/12/2008 4:56:09 PM   
ZooYorkNick

WTF !!!!
How can sum of u people and u r a minority for sure not like the first film, it was amazin !
The second is guna be even better aswell. Amazin sfx garunteed, come on people, how many of u cannot wait to see sum more brilliance that is transformers.

Post #: 26
RE: Stop the hate - 29/12/2008 5:09:30 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Couldn't agree more. As pointed out in the "Kermode's Reviews" thread, anyone expecting anything other than crash bang wallop from a film about fuck-off robots fighting each other probably walked into the wrong film.

Glad to see that most of the decent cast members have returned too.

I'll jump on ye olde bandwagon and say I back this sentiment too.  UTB totally hits the nail on the head with the above. I don't see how anybody could have gone into Transformers expecting anything other than what was demonstrated in the trailers.  It was never going to be brain fodder, it was all about candy for your eyes, with some nonsense thrown in along the way, leading up to the ultimate face off we'd all been waiting for.

I'm not saying you can't dislike it, I'm quite sure it's not everybody's cup of tea, but I don't see how you could be disappointed when surely you knew exactly what you were walking into.

However, despite all of this, I'm completely skeptical about having this sequel.  I'm like this with most sequels however and with a few exceptions (The Bourne triology) they're now something I try to avoid as they just ruin the freshness of the original for me.  Most notable examples include Pirates of the Carribbean which I loved when I saw and it remained this stand-out, one-off film that appeared to come from nowhere, until they brought out the 2nd one.  I saw that and was direly disappointed, so didn't even bother seeing the 3rd.   Now the first is all mixed up in my head with the 2nd since I've just not felt the urge to watch the first after the disastrous second.   Again with the Saw 'franchise'.   Loved the first one and unfortunately caught the 2nd and 3rd ones; they're just completely doing it to death. 

I really wish Transformers as we already have it would be a one-off, but since I have no say in the matter, I just hope like hell they make it on a par with 2007's one or surpass it.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 27
RE: Transformers 2 - 29/12/2008 11:57:25 PM   
Mr Grady

Some more pics.

Click

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28
Good action in the first one, but too fast... - 30/12/2008 5:05:12 AM   
chewynewyork

Please, please, oh, please someone tell the director to use the slow motion features to the fullest this time around. I really want to marvel at Prime jabbing a fifty-foot sword into another Constructicon's gullet...

Post #: 29
looking forward to it! - 30/12/2008 11:36:43 AM   
richie fingers

yea the first film was excellent hope the second will be too! if all else fails....er.... Megan Fox is in it. much love..

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive Transformers 2 Images Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI