Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: ROBOCOP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: ROBOCOP Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ROBOCOP - 27/9/2012 12:42:54 PM   
Kazuya

Remake still coming up! Major skepticism still present? Check.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 211
RE: ROBOCOP - 11/10/2012 4:53:08 PM   
Don_a_van

Have to join in with the Robocop love-in. It's definitely in my top 5 action films. The 80's was probably THE best decade for action movies as far as I am concerned. This film has it all, brilliant plot, sterling performances for all concerned, outstanding practical effects which makes today's CGI efforts look pretty piss poor, you can almost FEEL the weight of Robocop and ED209 as they strut there stuff, something that CGI can never capture. To top it off it has a dark sense of humour and level of violence which just wouldn't make past any mainstream studios marketing and accounts departments these days.

One of the subtler scenes I love is when Morton get's his own keys to the "Executive Bathrooms" a sure sign that he is moving up in the world and then proceeds to bad mouth Jones as he's taking a piss. Then Jones comes out of the cubicle and one of the other guys literally pisses on his pants in his hurry to leave.

"You just fu*ked with the wrong guy buddy boy"

All that is messed up about office politics and corporate culture, summed up in a 2 minute scene in a toilet...perfect.

Verhoven this was your shining moment.

Oh and while Robocop 2 isn't as good as the first overall (that little gangster kids freaks the hell out of me for a start) it does have some brilliant moments which almost match the quality of the first. Kaine getting his life support switched off while he helplessly looks on so that he can be put into transplanted into his cyborg chassis is ace and the final battle is priceless. One of the stand out moments being Kaine's roar of anguish and clanking rush UP the elevator shaft to get some payback for Robo dropping him down a lift shaft

Oh and after seeing some stills of the new suit for the remake.....I have a doubt.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 212
RE: ROBOCOP - 11/10/2012 6:17:44 PM   
vad3r

''Dead or alive, you're coming with me!''

''Excuse me, I have to go. Somewhere there is a crime happening.''

''Bitches, leave!''

''I'd buy that for a dollar!''

''Your move, creep.''

''Smoke?''
''Nah. You know those things'll kill you.''
''Yeah. You wanna live forever?''

''Thank you for your cooperation. Good night.''

Legend.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 213
RE: ROBOCOP - 12/10/2012 4:08:19 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don_a_van

Have to join in with the Robocop love-in. It's definitely in my top 5 action films. The 80's was probably THE best decade for action movies as far as I am concerned. This film has it all, brilliant plot, sterling performances for all concerned, outstanding practical effects which makes today's CGI efforts look pretty piss poor, you can almost FEEL the weight of Robocop and ED209 as they strut there stuff, something that CGI can never capture. To top it off it has a dark sense of humour and level of violence which just wouldn't make past any mainstream studios marketing and accounts departments these days.

One of the subtler scenes I love is when Morton get's his own keys to the "Executive Bathrooms" a sure sign that he is moving up in the world and then proceeds to bad mouth Jones as he's taking a piss. Then Jones comes out of the cubicle and one of the other guys literally pisses on his pants in his hurry to leave.

"You just fu*ked with the wrong guy buddy boy"

All that is messed up about office politics and corporate culture, summed up in a 2 minute scene in a toilet...perfect.

Verhoven this was your shining moment.

Oh and while Robocop 2 isn't as good as the first overall (that little gangster kids freaks the hell out of me for a start) it does have some brilliant moments which almost match the quality of the first. Kaine getting his life support switched off while he helplessly looks on so that he can be put into transplanted into his cyborg chassis is ace and the final battle is priceless. One of the stand out moments being Kaine's roar of anguish and clanking rush UP the elevator shaft to get some payback for Robo dropping him down a lift shaft

Oh and after seeing some stills of the new suit for the remake.....I have a doubt.

Yeah that scene in the executive bathroom is really, really tense, you mention the guy pissing himself on account of wanting to leave pronto when Jones shows up, I don't blame him, Jones must be one of the most evil villains I've ever seen, in fact the whole rogues gallery for this flick is top of the line, some completely sinister bastards on display. Always creeps me out when Jones grabs Miguel Ferrer's hair, that instant switch from slightly homo-erotic to psychotic. Superb acting from them both. Ronny Cox should have spent his whole career playing villains for Verhoeven.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 214
RE: ROBOCOP - 12/10/2012 4:31:12 PM   
Don_a_van

Agreed, top notch villainous line-up, you wouldn't really want to cross ANY of them, except if you're Robocop

What is also very telling is just how much this film got right about how our future world might turn out, some of it is spooky in fact. Also a minor detail but I always thought the matt grey police cars where very cool and now 25 years later many manufacturers make "special edition" matt grey cars,

Ahead of it's time I tell ya.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 215
RE: ROBOCOP - 12/10/2012 4:40:16 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don_a_van

Agreed, top notch villainous line-up, you wouldn't really want to cross ANY of them, except if you're Robocop

What is also very telling is just how much this film got right about how our future world might turn out, some of it is spooky in fact. Also a minor detail but I always thought the matt grey police cars where very cool and now 25 years later many manufacturers make "special edition" matt grey cars,

Ahead of it's time I tell ya.

The coal-black, irony-laced humour is definitely what sets the film apart, and it certainly predicted alot of the ultra capitalistic, commercial-ridden shit we deal with in modern society, I agree.

Love the cars as well.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 216
RE: ROBOCOP - 13/10/2012 12:01:32 AM   
rich

I'll take your word for it, but I have never seen a matte car like that. I'm still waiting for the Enforcement Droids.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 217
RE: ROBOCOP - 13/10/2012 9:39:29 AM   
Kazuya

Probably gonna be a long wait

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 218
RE: ROBOCOP - 13/10/2012 5:21:05 PM   
Cool Breeze

Regarding the human hand still being there on this new Robo i think Bob Morton sums up my opinion..

'' I thought we agreed on full body prosthesis so lose the arm ok? ''

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 219
RE: ROBOCOP - 15/10/2012 5:14:38 PM   
Don_a_van

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Regarding the human hand still being there on this new Robo i think Bob Morton sums up my opinion..

'' I thought we agreed on full body prosthesis so lose the arm ok? ''

All the characters so bloody cold-hearted, I love it. This from Dick Jones in the bathroom with Bob Morton is another classic.

" I had a guaranteed military sale with ED-209. Renovation program. Spare parts for 25 years. Who cares if it worked or not?"

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 220
RE: ROBOCOP - 17/10/2012 4:38:40 PM   
Kazuya

"Well the old man thought it was pretty important, Dick."

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 221
RE: ROBOCOP - 15/12/2012 11:00:45 PM   
rich

"Bye-bye baby"

Did anyone else never notice the little joke in the end credits (the final unauthorised distribution ... etc part) ?

Also - I found this earlier after tonights viewing of Robocop

http://www.thehighball.com/uncategorized/robocop-live-recap/

< Message edited by rich -- 15/12/2012 11:07:45 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 222
RE: ROBOCOP - 15/12/2012 11:17:00 PM   
MonsterCat

I don't want to be that guy, but yeah, the one hand that doesn't have a glove in the remake looks goofy.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 223
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 18/12/2012 4:25:33 PM   
Dannybohy

Just Brilliant!!

Fuck the reboot too!!. Just sayin

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 224
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 4/6/2013 7:56:58 PM   
bydabeachman

RoboCop 2 directed by Irvin Kershner, WHAT!?!?!?!?!??! EMPIRE DIRECTOR! HELL YES!!! I just found this out yesterday and was quite baffled when I realized it. Great film, fun but no where near Empire.

Take the time to say your mind.

Sign Twirlers

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 225
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 7/6/2013 10:21:57 AM   
Dannybohy

Why the fuck did you revive the thread for this horse shit reboot! you have broken a prime directive!! alt ctl delete!!! 10 seconds to comply arrrghhhhhhh!!

'' I thought we agreed on full body prosthesis so lose the arm ok? '' _Bob

This movie WILL (imo) SUCK THE BIG ROBOBALLS!

(in reply to bydabeachman)
Post #: 226
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 8/6/2013 1:38:03 AM   
rich

Um, nobody bumped it for the reboot?

quote:

ORIGINAL: bydabeachman

RoboCop 2 directed by Irvin Kershner, WHAT!?!?!?!?!??! EMPIRE DIRECTOR! HELL YES!!! I just found this out yesterday and was quite baffled when I realized it. Great film, fun but no where near Empire.

Yeah Robocop 2 sucked. He did the non-Eon Bond movie Never Say Never as well.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to bydabeachman)
Post #: 227
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 10/6/2013 10:00:21 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Um, nobody bumped it for the reboot?

quote:

ORIGINAL: bydabeachman

Yeah Robocop 2 sucked. He did the non-Eon Bond movie Never Say Never as well.

Oh ok sorry. well, Robocop 2 is a disastrous movie too!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 228
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 10/6/2013 8:38:30 PM   
Cool Breeze

Robocop 2 is a masterpiece by todays action movie standards.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 229
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 21/9/2013 11:50:02 AM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Robocop 2 is a masterpiece by todays action movie standards.

Tragically that's kinda true.

Oh, and the spineless producers behind the upcoming remake can go fuck themselves.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 230
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 21/9/2013 5:14:18 PM   
rich

It has it's moments (Stop or I'll shoot) but I never really liked it. They tried to emulate the feel of the first one at least, unlike the third. The original remains a total 100% classic.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 231
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 21/9/2013 6:58:30 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

It has it's moments (Stop or I'll shoot) but I never really liked it. They tried to emulate the feel of the first one at least, unlike the third. The original remains a total 100% classic.

I really don't care for it either, but I still agree with Cool Breeze's post (to a certain extent)

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 232
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 23/9/2013 1:40:19 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

The remake cannot be any worse than Robocop 3, it just cannot. Robocop 3 shat all over the Robocop franchise in such an epic way and everyone seems to forget this when laying into the remake. Even if it's an average movie, it will still be leagues ahead of Robocop 3, a movie that 'kiddified' the character twenty years before the remake even got close.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 233
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 23/9/2013 2:27:40 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

The remake cannot be any worse than Robocop 3, it just cannot. Robocop 3 shat all over the Robocop franchise in such an epic way and everyone seems to forget this when laying into the remake. Even if it's an average movie, it will still be leagues ahead of Robocop 3, a movie that 'kiddified' the character twenty years before the remake even got close.

It will hardly be a grand acheivement for the remake being better than Robocop 3 DK.

Looking at the trailer for the remake again and it just looks like an Iron Man suit that the guy is wearing and like someone else on this or another thread said, it just looks way too...clean.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 234
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 23/9/2013 7:27:06 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I don't think it's possible to forget just how bad RoboCop 3 is.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 235
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 24/9/2013 1:49:15 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

lol true, would love to see the movie as intended by Fred Dekker, rather than the version we got, hacked to pieces and neutered.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 236
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 24/9/2013 4:40:54 PM   
Kazuya

Yeah man, would have been nice to see the film as intended, Dekker got shafted on that one, so did Frank Miller, for the second time, his script for the second film was mangled, also true for the third, which ended up an unholy, spineless amalgamation of both scripts.
But apparently BOOM! comics is issuing Miller's original script for the third as a comic book, just like Avatar Press did with the script for the second film.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 237
RE: ROBOCOP - 31/12/2013 3:06:27 AM   
rich

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 238
RE: ROBOCOP - 29/1/2014 10:31:56 PM   
azzman1984

Check out Honest Trailers Robocop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGemfKLV1JA

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 239
RE: ROBOCOP - 29/1/2014 11:03:36 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

Check out Honest Trailers Robocop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGemfKLV1JA

I'd rather jam a rusty kitchen knife under my fingernails, thanks.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: ROBOCOP Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI