Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 6:26:19 PM   
darth silas

I used to work as a petrol pump attendant while i was in school like the guy Emile harasses in the film.A mate of mine used to call in to the office often while i was reading and say ''Hey man,you a college boy or something? I bet you think youre pretty smart huh? Think you could outsmart a bullet?''

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 91
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 6:32:18 PM   
darkarius

such a class film.  And to me has one of the best bad guys ever.  Clarence boddiker is great.  Only one other villain rates as high as him for me. and thats the kurgan from highlander.  So many classic lines too.  I'll have to dog this out and have a watch real soon

Nostalgia isnt what it used to be.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 92
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 6:45:49 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

I used to work as a petrol pump attendant while i was in school like the guy Emile harasses in the film.A mate of mine used to call in to the office often while i was reading and say ''Hey man,you a college boy or something? I bet you think youre pretty smart huh? Think you could outsmart a bullet?''

That's great, I would get a kick out of that too

quote:

ORIGINAL: darkarius

such a class film.  And to me has one of the best bad guys ever.  Clarence boddiker is great.  Only one other villain rates as high as him for me. and thats the kurgan from highlander.  So many classic lines too.  I'll have to dog this out and have a watch real soon

Fuck yeah, Clarence Boddicker is brilliant, just so many excellent quotes from the character and Kurtwood Smith is sensationally good, one of the most evil bastards ever put on film.

"Well your company built the fucking thing, now I gotta deal with it? I don't have time for this bullshit."

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 93
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 9:00:39 PM   
Snake-Eyes

no arguments here - Boddicker is one of my favourite screen villains ever. aahhh... 1987, what a year! I was 12 years old when I got to see the unstoppable double-bill that was ROBOCOP and PREDATOR... nowadays, kids have HIGH SCHOOL TOSS-FEST 3. yeah, ok.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 94
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 9:03:28 PM   
Tech_Noir

"I work for Dick Jones, Dick Jones works for OCP, OCP runs the cops, you're (chokes) a cop"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 95
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 9:11:48 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

"I work for Dick Jones, Dick Jones works for OCP, OCP runs the cops, you're (chokes) a cop"

Already been there my friend

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

"I work for Dick Jones! Dick Jones! He's the Number Two Guy at OCP. OCP runs the cops."

"You're a cop..."

I love the whole sequence, RoboCop's assault on the factory is fucking awesome, love that he really wants to kill Boddicker, but can't, at least not until later

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 96
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 9:13:27 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

no arguments here - Boddicker is one of my favourite screen villains ever. aahhh... 1987, what a year! I was 12 years old when I got to see the unstoppable double-bill that was ROBOCOP and PREDATOR... nowadays, kids have HIGH SCHOOL TOSS-FEST 3. yeah, ok.

Their fuckin' loss, huh? Man I love being a kid of the 80s

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 97
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 9:14:37 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

"I work for Dick Jones! Dick Jones! He's the Number Two Guy at OCP. OCP runs the cops."

"You're a cop..."

Fair enough, you got the quote right and got a picture to boot.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 98
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 9:20:01 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

"You're a cop..."

Fair enough, you got the quote right and got a picture to boot.

It's an awesome scene, I wish I could find a pic of Robo throwing Clarence through the glass

"Hold on man, I'm protected, I've got protection."

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 99
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 9:27:06 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Their fuckin' loss, huh? Man I love being a kid of the 80s

you know it bro!

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 100
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 29/12/2008 10:49:17 PM   
Kazuya

"You'd better pray that that unholy monster of yours doesn't screw up."

Cox is such an evil sonofabitch in this film.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 101
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 30/12/2008 12:05:55 AM   
Horror Nut

I'm an avid fan of Robocop and Verhoeven in general. This was one of the first action films that I saw as a youngster, and Murphy's execution shocked and disturbed me......I had never seen something as brutally violent as that. I didn't actually make it to the end....I think my folks discovered I had it on and switched it off sharpish.

Anyway I saw it a couple a years later, and became an instant fan. It combines the ridiculously awesome violence and black comedy perfectly, and has one of my favourite scores. So fucking cool.

Weller is just great, as is Cox and Smith. I find myself quoting it the more I watch it, and I've seen it God knows how many times ("Can you fly Bobby?" probably being the one I use the most.....just seems to pop up randomly in conversations ).
Perhaps my favourite part of the entire film is when Boddicker is arrested, spits blood into that register and says, "Just give me my fucking phone call". Perfectly encapsulates Boddicker's character.

I've never properly sat down and watched the second one, I've just seen bits and pieces of it. However the third one......well I'd rather not get into it, it was bloody terrible. The first thing that came to mind when I finished watching Robo 3 was "You call this a glitch?!?". 

"Justin, someone just came on your cat".

"It's impossible to reconcile. It's kind of in a purgatory of it's own: you're not in heaven, you're not in hell......you're in Hollywood".

The New and Improved Horror Nut.......in 3D!!!

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 102
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 30/12/2008 1:21:46 PM   
DazDaMan

Is it wrong to think Nancy Allen is quite hot...?

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Horror Nut)
Post #: 103
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 30/12/2008 2:42:59 PM   
Timon

Awesome film...just pips Total Recall and 'Troopers'.

It's his 'bed-side manner', I love - "Madame, you have suffered an emotional shock. I will notify a rape crisis center."

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 104
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 30/12/2008 8:09:44 PM   
Biggus

"You probably don't think I'm a very nice guy."

... and of course...

"I LLLLLIKE  IT!!"

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 105
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 31/12/2008 12:21:23 AM   
Biggus

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

Is it wrong to think Nancy Allen is quite hot...?

...er no!

Farrah who?

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 106
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 31/12/2008 6:29:25 AM   
Snake-Eyes

"I'd buy that for a Dollar!"

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 107
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 31/12/2008 1:07:57 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

No ones mentioned the drug factory shoot up - the super cool targeting and all of that! Can't find any pics on that apart from this one - check out the flare on that fucking gun

How about the bit when Robocop got the girders dropped on him (another mentally over the top moment from Verhoeven) - you'd think he would be fucked, especially after Boddicker stabs him with a pole, but of course Robocop has the most lethal PC connectivity tool ever invented! Shades of Wolverine there possibly?

Leon Nash shortly after his moment of triumph thanks to Lewis...

Clarence Boddicker is such a brilliant villain - a totally ruthless and highly intelligent psychopath who looks like an accountant!

That scene where he goes into Bob Morton's place and just starts shooting him the legs - totally dark,

Then his agonising last moments as Boddicker leaves the grenade almost within touching distance - couldn't find a pic sadly

Other good pics :

"FUCK ME, FUCK ME...."!!!

Dealing with an ED209 is far easier second time round....

By the way found this site which is quite interesting : details some of the deleted scenes/ alternative endings for Robocop as well as other interesting stuff about the making of the movie...

http://www.robocoparchive.com/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 108
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 6/1/2009 10:06:33 AM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

No ones mentioned the drug factory shoot up - the super cool targeting and all of that! Can't find any pics on that apart from this one - check out the flare on that fucking gun

How about the bit when Robocop got the girders dropped on him (another mentally over the top moment from Verhoeven) - you'd think he would be fucked, especially after Boddicker stabs him with a pole, but of course Robocop has the most lethal PC connectivity tool ever invented! Shades of Wolverine there possibly?

Leon Nash shortly after his moment of triumph thanks to Lewis...

Clarence Boddicker is such a brilliant villain - a totally ruthless and highly intelligent psychopath who looks like an accountant!

That scene where he goes into Bob Morton's place and just starts shooting him the legs - totally dark,

Then his agonising last moments as Boddicker leaves the grenade almost within touching distance - couldn't find a pic sadly

Other good pics :

"FUCK ME, FUCK ME...."!!!

Dealing with an ED209 is far easier second time round....

By the way found this site which is quite interesting : details some of the deleted scenes/ alternative endings for Robocop as well as other interesting stuff about the making of the movie...

http://www.robocoparchive.com/

Great post man, nice pics too I did mention the factory shootout earlier in this thread, but you're right, it's fucking awesome, I've been trying to find pics of it too, especially that bit where Robo smashes the door to the factory in and they just unload their guns on him. I love that moment where Boddicker's expression changes, going from cockiness to "oh shit this dude is gonna kill us all"

Boddicker's death is as hard as they come, which he deserves, no doubt. Extremely violent, as krudler also mentioned earlier in the thread Robo gets fucking showered with blood after he stabs him. Verhoven in a nutshell There could be a little Wolverine influence with the stiletto there btw, perhaps you're right

Great pics from Morton's death scene too, it's just so brutal, Boddicker shooting the shit out of his legs and then calmly putting in the disc with the farewell from Jones, never talking except the immortal "Bitches leave" line. Cold, is the word.

I checked out the site you posted a link too as well, some interesting stuff there.

Oh, and somebody mentioned another cool line from Boddicker, from the scene where Robo brings him in, "Just give me my fucking phone call." Definitely the essence of the character there, been there, done that. But I love the exchange between Robo and the desk sergeant too, great fucking writing,

"Book him."

"What's the charge?"

"He's a copkiller."

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 109
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 6/1/2009 9:25:53 PM   
HitchHiker

Right, I'm going to watch Robocop right now. See you in 90 minutes with my fresh verdict. My old rating was 10/10. I doubt much will change 

If God had wanted us to fly he would have built the airports closer to the cities.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 110
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 6/1/2009 11:06:19 PM   
HitchHiker

Well....That was Awesomeness encapsulated

If God had wanted us to fly he would have built the airports closer to the cities.

(in reply to HitchHiker)
Post #: 111
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 14/1/2009 10:23:11 AM   
Biggus

Cobra Assualt Cannon scene.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TBjAE4wxG9Q&feature=related

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 112
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 14/1/2009 2:54:36 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: HitchHiker

Well....That was Awesomeness encapsulated

So, still a 10/10?

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to HitchHiker)
Post #: 113
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 14/1/2009 3:02:30 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

Cobra Assualt Cannon scene.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TBjAE4wxG9Q&feature=related

"A new toy! Can I play?"

I love that Boddicker is visibly annoyed that Cox has gotten a 6000 SUX as well, and that he blasts it to oblivion with the Assault Cannon 

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 114
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 14/1/2009 4:08:49 PM   
rich

Watched this on BD earlier in the week, and its still a classic (if a bit rough around the edges in some projection shots). Get yourself a ED-209 or OCP shirt!

www.lastexittonowhere.com

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 115
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 14/1/2009 4:20:24 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Watched this on BD earlier in the week, and its still a classic (if a bit rough around the edges in some projection shots).

Yeah, well, that's part of the charm

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 116
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 14/1/2009 8:23:42 PM   
davie_rfc

I like Robocop, it's got some amazing scenes (murphys death) and one of the best bad guys ever in Clarence Boddicker but, and it may be because the film was before my time, I just help but look at Robocop himself and think he just looks incredible cheesy  I cant explain it really but I look at him and I instantly think of all those really cheap looking robots in things like Star Trek etc. The walk that he does aswell...why would any criminal be scared of him if he's incredibly slow!

Sorry for the negativity guys, it's hard to beleive but I do actually like it and think its a great movie..it just has its flaws 

"This whole festival was put together by twenty third-graders with lots of chutzpah and one panda!"

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 117
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 14/1/2009 9:45:29 PM   
darth silas

Robocop vs Terminator!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcndPkn_YRA

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to davie_rfc)
Post #: 118
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 15/1/2009 9:23:35 AM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: davie_rfc

I like Robocop, it's got some amazing scenes (murphys death) and one of the best bad guys ever in Clarence Boddicker but, and it may be because the film was before my time, I just help but look at Robocop himself and think he just looks incredible cheesy  I cant explain it really but I look at him and I instantly think of all those really cheap looking robots in things like Star Trek etc. The walk that he does aswell...why would any criminal be scared of him if he's incredibly slow!

Sorry for the negativity guys, it's hard to beleive but I do actually like it and think its a great movie..it just has its flaws 

That is of course a matter of taste, but I think Weller looks absolutely fucking brilliant in the suit, I'd take this look over any CGI RoboCop that today's trickery could produce any day of the week. As for his slowness, well, that doesn't mean much when you've got a targeting system that could hit a fly at a thousand yards. And he drives pretty good too
You don't have to say sorry for the negative sentiments, I think the film is perfect, you don't, that's cool with me.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to davie_rfc)
Post #: 119
RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread - 15/1/2009 5:03:13 PM   
rich

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Watched this on BD earlier in the week, and its still a classic (if a bit rough around the edges in some projection shots).

Yeah, well, that's part of the charm

Haha yeah I guess, theres a couple of matte paintings that I didnt ever notice before in standard def too. Cant knock the movie though

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: State of the Art Bang Bang - The RoboCop Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI