Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 10/1/2012 3:46:18 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

As in The Mill that is partly owned by the Scott Brothers and did FX work on 'Black Hawk Down', 'Hannibal', 'Tomb Raider', 'Enemy of the State', 'Hilary & Jackie', 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone', and 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets'?

Oh and got the Oscar for Gladiator?

Yeah, they have some experience.

Boom!

This is having quite a period of post isn't it? Any hints about when we'll see a trailer anyone?

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 361
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 10/1/2012 7:12:27 PM   
danbo1138

Supposed to be a sci-fi or comic book event thingy at the end of Feb I think with a 2000ad panel,either that or Kapow perhaps in April...other folks know more than me,I'm just parroting what I've read online with my shady memory.

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 362
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 10/1/2012 7:15:15 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

As in The Mill that is partly owned by the Scott Brothers and did FX work on 'Black Hawk Down', 'Hannibal', 'Tomb Raider', 'Enemy of the State', 'Hilary & Jackie', 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone', and 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets'?

Oh and got the Oscar for Gladiator?

Yeah, they have some experience.

Pwned!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 363
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 10:27:04 AM   
hubu_phonk

I went to see the Stallone film when i was reading a bit of the 'Megazine'. i always enjoyed Judge Dredd as a character and like a lot of folks i was disappointed by the film. I've only just heard about a new film so i'm a wee bit excited to see it.

On a Dredd note, i'm thinking of getting some Dredd for me and the wife to chew on (i only bought the megazine for about a year, so i'm not clued in on the big stories or character development) . Any recommendations for graphic novels for us to get into

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 364
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 1:20:57 PM   
dreddhead123

DNA Films have issued a statement...

As a result of online speculation regarding the release date of the trailer for 'Dredd', we can announce it will be released after the film's Blu-Ray and DVD launch next year. If fans wish to learn more about the film, including a comprehensive breakdown of the plot, cast, crew, as well as a blog video and new photographs taken from the set, please visit our website at http://www.dnafilms.com.

Well, this is great news! It's great to know the trailer will be out in 2013. At least we don't have long to wait.

(in reply to dreddfan)
Post #: 365
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 1:25:48 PM   
Timon

That statement makes no sense. And where/who have they released it to - just yourself?

< Message edited by Timon -- 11/1/2012 1:26:55 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to dreddhead123)
Post #: 366
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 1:26:54 PM   
dreddhead123

Yeah, well, that's producers for you!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 367
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 1:32:33 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreddhead123

DNA Films have issued a statement...

As a result of online speculation regarding the release date of the trailer for 'Dredd', we can announce it will be released after the film's Blu-Ray and DVD launch next year. If fans wish to learn more about the film, including a comprehensive breakdown of the plot, cast, crew, as well as a blog video and new photographs taken from the set, please visit our website at http://www.dnafilms.com.

Well, this is great news! It's great to know the trailer will be out in 2013. At least we don't have long to wait.

Oh, shut up.

Can we all just ignore him please?

Post #: 368
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 1:35:35 PM   
superdan

Is there a link for that statement? Or am I being too optimistic?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 369
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 1:44:22 PM   
dreddhead123

Yes, there is a link...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iOieiQsIb8M/TQJCJhub_vI/AAAAAAAAALM/8167cy3qI0M/s1600/smiling_cat_small.jpg

Sorry, wrong one...

Empire mentioned it on their main news page. It's up there.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 370
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 1:48:53 PM   
lukeyboy

This thread is well funny! I'm just nipping to the foyer to get some popcorn - don't do anything until I come back......

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

Post #: 371
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 1:56:58 PM   
superdan

I can't see anything. Are you telling porky pies dreddhead? You know you're not supposed to do that.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 372
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 2:00:19 PM   
Rgirvan44

dreddhead - I am curious - do you actully support this film or not? I can never quite tell where you stand on it.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 373
Dredd (2012): Where Do I Stand? - 11/1/2012 2:10:50 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

hubo phonk: i'm thinking of getting some Dredd for me and the wife to chew on (i only bought the megazine for about a year, so i'm not clued in on the big stories or character development) . Any recommendations for graphic novels for us to get into

America's the best Dredd story ever published.

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 11/1/2012 2:12:12 PM >

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 374
Dredd (2012): Grist For The Mill - 11/1/2012 2:16:22 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Timon: As in The Mill that is partly owned by the Scott Brothers and did FX work on 'Black Hawk Down', 'Hannibal', 'Tomb Raider', 'Enemy of the State', 'Hilary & Jackie', 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone', and 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets'? Oh and got the Oscar for Gladiator? Yeah, they have some experience.

Cheers, Timon. This is why we ask questions. But do you think Dredd'll be getting the Black Hawk Down guys or might they only be able to afford the work experience team?

P.S What effects do you think were needed on Hilary and Jackie: cello enlargement?

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 11/1/2012 2:41:19 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 375
Dredd (2012): Word On The Street - 11/1/2012 2:17:49 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

dreddhead123: 'http://www.lonewolf-grips.net/southafrica/wp-content/gallery/dredd/lonewolf-grips-dredd%20(4).jpg
That photo reminds me of the exterior locations in this film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eau3RoxGN8E'

I'm not averse to film-makers using real world locations for science fiction films- Clockwork Orange makes Seventies civic architecture look so foreboding I still get the heebies driving through Cumbernauld- but unless they're used imaginatively they look every bit as shite as the daytime shots of Judge Dredd (1995)'s purpose-built street set.

Shakycam, constant movement and rapid editing will be Dredd (2012)'s friends.

Post #: 376
Dredd (2012): Tomato Ketchup - 11/1/2012 2:20:07 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

dreddhead123: 'The gore count in Dredd 2012 should be pretty high. It's going to be a tough action film so I'll be surprised if it gets a 15 rating, but you never know, stuff may be cut to lower the classification. May make sense to reduce the gore and appeal to a larger audience.'

Timon: 'I know someone who is working on the Dredd FX and they told me some of the stuff they've been working on... and it's pretty graphic.'

Interesting point, Scott. From what I understand, Judge Dredd (1995) was such a curiously bloodless affair because of Stallone's desire to turn it into a family film franchise (i). That's one of the reasons why that film has such an uneven tone: Maurice Roeves getting his throat shot out produces a feeble spritz of haemoglobin (ii), but when everyone else gets shot it's as exsanguinated as a game of Dead Man's Fall.

Now that DNA have committed to making a mature audience Action-Shooter, it'd be crazy to try and neuter their film to widen its potential audience. I'm sure Dredd (2012) will enjoy (modest) theatrical success; but it's DVD sales, to the much narrower band of splatter-happy Action film fans, that represent the best chance of putting smiles on the faces of Dredd's investors (iii).

(i) This kind of shite was in vogue in the early nineties. Schwarzenegger’s desire to pull in a kiddie audience for T2 was the reason behind his character swearing an oath not to kill anyone; and Sigourney Weaver's got to shoulder some of the blame for Alien 3, after insisting all the Marines' cool firepower be left in the wreckage of the Sulaco for ideological reasons.

(ii) Compare that to Colin MacNeil's depiction of Total War's execution of a Judge in the definitive Dredd story America. That guy's head explodes like a fucking melon, and I picked my copy of that comic up from the same shelf as The People's Friend.

(iii) Actually, my understanding is that the money from selling the distribution rights has covered production costs.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 377
Dredd (2012): Let The Right One In - 11/1/2012 2:24:06 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Rgirvan: (in The Raid) 'a special force enters a block ruled by a drug lord - get trapped and have to fight their way out. And it has the best trailer I have seen in a long time - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlmhMSnVdM'

So do you think the similarities between the two films represents a problem for Dredd (2012) at the box office?

If western audiences are given a choice between two films with the same premise, they've historically gravitated towards the one that isn't in Foreign- even if that one's the better film.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 378
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 3:30:49 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I can't see anything. Are you telling porky pies dreddhead? You know you're not supposed to do that.

Yes he is, as he has always done on here.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44
dreddhead - I am curious - do you actully support this film or not? I can never quite tell where you stand on it.

No one can, I don't think even dreddhead knows. All we know is he has a penchant for photoshopping images of Dredd and claiming they're actual film stills. I think he's 12.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 379
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 3:36:21 PM   
MonsterCat

Spaldron, I think you should stop posting in this thread before your heart explodes.

It is obviously making you quite angry.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 380
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 3:37:39 PM   
shool

Spaldron, I suggest using the block button as it looks like you're heading towards saying something you might regret.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 381
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 3:49:43 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Spaldron, I think you should stop posting in this thread before your heart explodes.

It is obviously making you quite angry.

I like Judge Dredd as much as anyone and am really looking forward to the film. However the damn thread is being derailed and its very irritating. No ones going to stop me posting here, except the mods of course.

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

Spaldron, I suggest using the block button as it looks like you're heading towards saying something you might regret.

You don't know what I was going to say. I'm very good with my words on here........

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 382
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 4:01:32 PM   
superdan

It could be argued that dreddhead's fanboying is the only thing that has kept this thread going though, especially since for the most part there's very little news about the film to discuss.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 383
Dredd (2012): Shot Yourself In The Foot Again - 11/1/2012 4:48:47 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Spaldron: I'm very good with my words on here... '

That's a clever sentence. Its form negates its stated meaning. Are you a fan of Jacques Derrida, Spaldron?

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 11/1/2012 6:03:53 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 384
RE: Dredd (2012): Where Do I Stand? - 11/1/2012 5:08:40 PM   
hubu_phonk

quote:

ORIGINAL: sauchieboy

Thanks fellah, i'll be on the case with that one

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 385
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 11/1/2012 5:11:45 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

You don't know what I was going to say. I'm very good with my words on here........

But you are repeatedly making personal comments on the poster which is as much a derailment as anything. We get he's annoying you - so why haven't you just blocked his posts as Shool suggests?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 386
RE: Dredd (2012): Where Do I Stand? - 11/1/2012 5:19:55 PM   
danbo1138

quote:

quote:

hubo phonk: i'm thinking of getting some Dredd for me and the wife to chew on (i only bought the megazine for about a year, so i'm not clued in on the big stories or character development) . Any recommendations for graphic novels for us to get into

More of a Mega city story than a Dredd story,although it's ok(not enough Dredd for me),much preferred Total War...Midnight Surfer and Fink will always be my faves..... Apocalypse War or the Death ones too. Not up on to much of the new stuff as i stopped buying the mag years ago so i'm just trying too keep up with the 'case files',years behind though.

< Message edited by danbo1138 -- 11/1/2012 5:43:21 PM >

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 387
RE: Dredd (2012): Rights? Sure- I'm all for them - 11/1/2012 6:17:00 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Danbo1138: 'More of a Mega city story than a Dredd story,although it's ok(not enough Dredd for me),much preferred Total War...Midnight Surfer and Fink will always be my faves..... Apocalypse War or the Death ones too. Not up on to much of the new stuff as i stopped buying the mag years ago so i'm just trying too keep up with the 'case files',years behind though.'

All of the above is true and all of the above are recommended. Although, the way Dredd is used in America makes the character all the more terrifying: one of the best Dredd universe stories is Chopper: Song of the Surfer, which features Dredd not one jot.

If deep and serious isn't your particular bag, then Necropolis and The Pit have dumb fun and great storytelling aplenty. Of the newer stuff, Tour of Duty's the perfect hop-on point and proof that John Wagner could keep doing this forever without skimping on the quality.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 388
Dredd (2012): Freedom of Speech- Just Watch What You Say - 11/1/2012 6:34:17 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

superdan: 'It could be argued that dreddhead's fanboying is the only thing that has kept this thread going though, especially since for the most part there's very little news about the film to discuss.'

Spaldron: 'You don't know what I was going to say. I'm very good with my words on here...

elab49: But you are repeatedly making personal comments on the poster which is as much a derailment as anything. We get he's annoying you - so why haven't you just blocked his posts as Shool suggests? 

spiderdan's an acutely perceptive young man. This thread was notable only for the sound of tumbleweed before Scott showed up. Whatever you think about him, he's good for business; and, believe me, he's more than capable of withstanding the occasional 'Fuck Off!'. His Dredd trailer post had the unusual quality of making a valid point and the credulous reactions to it were hilarious.

Spaldron's fulminating ripostes to Scott's malarkey are just as entertaining and, however annoying others find me or them, as long as we keep (both) Dredd threads at the top of the forum and in people's thoughts that's a good thing for the film.

I value Scott and Spaldron's contributions as much as I disagree with them.

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 11/1/2012 6:35:38 PM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 389
RE: Dredd (2012): Rights? Sure- I'm all for them - 11/1/2012 6:41:08 PM   
danbo1138

quote:

quote:

Danbo1138: 'More of a Mega city story than a Dredd story,although it's ok(not enough Dredd for me),much preferred Total War...Midnight Surfer and Fink will always be my faves..... Apocalypse War or the Death ones too. Not up on to much of the new stuff as i stopped buying the mag years ago so i'm just trying too keep up with the 'case files',years behind though.'

All of the above is true and all of the above are recommended. Although, the way Dredd is used in America makes the character all the more terrifying: one of the best Dredd universe stories is Chopper: Song of the Surfer, which features Dredd not one jot.

If deep and serious isn't your particular bag, then Necropolis and The Pit have dumb fun and great storytelling aplenty. Of the newer stuff, Tour of Duty's the perfect hop-on point and proof that John Wagner could keep doing this forever without skimping on the quality.

The pit,need to get that...

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI