Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: At Least In Megacity One The Trains Run On Time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: At Least In Megacity One The Trains Run On Time Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: At Least In Megacity One The Trains Run On Time - 5/1/2012 3:15:32 PM   
Invader_Ace

Bit will he still be a clone?!

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 301
RE: Dredd - 5/1/2012 3:15:41 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

EDIT: Can dreddhead quit changing the fucking thread title?

It was Sauchieboy wasnt it?

Either way. Yes please stop changing the title as it makes it harder for other people to follow what the thread is about.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 302
RE: At Least In Megacity One The Trains Run On Time - 5/1/2012 3:22:34 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreddhead123

I think the new film should be called

JUDGE DREDD: I AM THE LAW

That sounds like the name of an off broadway musical.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to dreddhead123)
Post #: 303
RE: Dredd - 5/1/2012 3:28:48 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

quote:

EDIT: Can dreddhead quit changing the fucking thread title?

It was Sauchieboy wasnt it?

Either way. Yes please stop changing the title as it makes it harder for other people to follow what the thread is about.

I don't care which one it is, he changes it for every post, thinking its clever and witty but its just shit.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 304
RE: Dredd - 5/1/2012 3:30:09 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I think the new film should be called

JUDGE DREDD: I AM THE LAW

That sounds like the name of an off broadway musical.

At least it would have the big shoulder pads dreddhead wont STFU about.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 305
RE: Dredd - 5/1/2012 3:30:18 PM   
shool

I get the feeling that this thread makes you Angry Spaldron.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 306
RE: Dredd - 5/1/2012 3:32:59 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I get the feeling that this thread makes you Angry Spaldron.

You may be on to something there.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 307
RE: At Least In Megacity One The Trains Run On Time - 5/1/2012 8:48:08 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

See that's an interesting thought - if the film plays down crazier sci-fi elements in favour of something with more of a recent apocalypse timeline then cloning may be too far out there to be a feature. In that case...who is Dredd?

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 308
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 6/1/2012 5:18:35 PM   
dreddhead123

quote:

Paul Leonard-Morgan is a BAFTA-winning, Ivor Novello-nominated composer, who is rapidly becoming one of the most sought-after film composers in the UK, and beyond.

Paul is currently working on DREDD. Directed by Peter Travis (Vantage Point) with screenplay by Alex Garland (28 Days Later, Sunshine), DREDD, the adaptation of the cult comic book character, is being made by DNA Films/ Lionsgate.

His credits include tv show Spooks.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 309
RE: At Least In Megacity One The Trains Run On Time - 6/1/2012 11:23:18 PM   
danbo1138

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

quote:

See that's an interesting thought - if the film plays down crazier sci-fi elements in favour of something with more of a recent apocalypse timeline then cloning may be too far out there to be a feature. In that case...who is Dredd?

Going off the pics,the film is near future,has an Atomic war even taken place ?

How 'Sci-fi' is it ?.........Trailer needed ASAP

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 310
RE: Dredd - 7/1/2012 10:17:07 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: danbo1138

quote:

quote:

If its set in MC1 then I'm sure the nuclear armageddon has already taken place.

Etc...

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 7/1/2012 10:41:19 AM >

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 311
Dredd (2012): He Changes It For Every Post, Thinking I... - 7/1/2012 10:29:54 AM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Spaldron: Can dreddhead quit changing the fucking thread title?

Shool: It was Sauchieboy wasnt it? Either way. Yes please stop changing the title as it makes it harder for other people to follow what the thread is about.

Spaldron: I don't care which one it is, he changes it for every post, thinking its clever and witty but its just shit.

I don't think I can change the title of this thread. The title of this thread has always been New Judge Dredd movie greenlit, and remains anachronistically so: even though the film isn't called Judge Dredd (i), even though it's in post-production, even though I'm not sure that 'greenlit' is a real verb. If anyone can change the title of this thread, then please do.

If it's causing everyone real problems, of course I'll stop titling my posts individually; but I can't see that it's anything other than irksome to a couple of people (ii). No-one notices the titles of posts when reading the thread itself; and, when viewing the Future Films board, the only thing a different title (in the Last Post window) does is give you some idea which aspect of the film is currently being discussed. We're not currently discussing the decision to give the green light to production of Dredd (2012), are we?

(i) Much to Scott's annoyance.

(ii) RE: 'thinking its clever and witty but its just shit'-

Its is the possessive form of it: it's is the abbreviated form of it is, Buddy.

Insisting everyone obeys your arbitrary Larry David rules of the internet, while ignoring commonly agreed principles of grammar, 'isn't clever or witty'- it's just shit'. And 'it makes it harder for other people to follow what the thread is about'.

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 7/1/2012 8:18:58 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 312
Dredd (2012): It's All Gone A Bit Fifth Element! - 7/1/2012 10:34:21 AM   
sauchieboy

quote:

'Actually that's a good point about the film taking a post-apocalyptic/nearer future approach - it's kind of like a Dredd Begins right? Shows how f-ed up things were hence the Judges were required whereas the Stallone film has a Megacity well established as being rebuilt since the apocalypse and the Judge rule firmly in place.
I know this new one isn't an origin story for Dredd but I hadn't really considered that it was acting as something of an origin story for Megacity 1 itself. In that respect the approach they're taking makes a lot more sense and gives the idea that any future films could go a bit more sci-fi or wild as that world developes if this one is a decent hit and they've got more money to throw at production next time. Hopefully it would be a more gradual thing though, could be a bit jarring if this one is Mad Max and the next one jumps ahead 10 years and it's gone all Fifth Element' by Marwood

Guffaw! Thanks, Marwood, for the phrase it's all gone a bit Fifth Element. After two hours of bullets and explosions, that film's insistence that All You Need Is Love (i) just seemed like a lazy, anti-climatic way out of an increasingly hyperbolic narrative. Any story I wrote in Primary School that ended with the words '... and I woke up because it was all a dream' had gone a bit Fifth Element.

Marwood's use of Mad Max as a reference point for the new Dredd film is particularly apt. In the first film of that series, where the rest of the cast are dressed like extras from Cell Block H; the cops look ridiculous and a bit kinky in their tight leathers. Once the bomb's dropped, and everyone looks like Duran Duran's Wild Boys video, Mel Gibson comes across as a no-nonsense guy. I worry that if the rest of Dredd (2012)'s cast are outfitted like Lena Heady's villain (in her Stanley Kowalski wife-beater vest); the decision to dress Karl Urban up like Darth Vader at a skate park will make him look as oddly out of context (ii) as Mel Gibson's big bald boss in his neck scarf, moustache and Blue Oyster Bar leathers.

As for the possibility future films will be more grandly sci-fi: I'm sure DNA genuinely want to expand on the premise this film will establish, but the guiding principals of Hollywood are 'if ain't broke don't fix it' and the law of diminishing returns. If this film breaks even, why would DNA be allowed to risk their investors' money making something significantly different? There's no direct correlation between the amount of cash flung at production design and a film's net profit. I'm ultimately more interested in Spaldron's suggestion that DNA might get round to looking at the politics of Megacity One anyway; and you don't need a James Cameron budget to do that.

(i) Luc Besson's French, so I'm sure what he actually thinks is the best thing in the world isn't Love, but Fucking. Since he was fucking Mila Jovovich during filming, it's easy to see why he came to that conclusion.

(ii) Especially in the context of Dredd (2012)'s dingy council flats, South African shopping precincts and disused industrial units.

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 7/1/2012 8:18:06 PM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 313
Dredd (2012): Colon? I've Got A Semi - 7/1/2012 10:36:56 AM   
sauchieboy

quote:

'I think the new film should be called JUDGE DREDD: I AM THE LAW', by dreddhead123

I don't know about that, Scott: anything with a colon in the title reminds me of the (thankfully never made) early noughties treatments mooted by whoever owned the Dredd rights before DNA. They were planning two films, one of which was called Dredd: Reckoning and would have been about the democratic movement in Megacity One. I'm sure it would have made the Stallone film look like The Godfather Part Two.

I can't remember much about their other proposed film, but it teamed Dredd with a female scientist. Dredd's an unsympathetic character, but why do all film-makers think the way round this is to have him buddy-up with a girl or a wacky sidekick? Megacity One's got a large enough pool of entertaining villains and hilarious citizens to engage the audience without resorting to having Dredd winch his partner or trade shtick with second string comedians.

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 7/1/2012 8:16:58 PM >

Post #: 314
RE: Dredd - 7/1/2012 10:41:36 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If its set in MC1 then I'm sure the nuclear armageddon has already taken place.

Etc...

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 315
Dredd (2012): Cloneoscopy - 7/1/2012 10:41:55 AM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Invader_Ace: Bit will he still be a clone?!

Marwood: See that's an interesting thought - if the film plays down crazier sci-fi elements in favour of something with more of a recent apocalypse timeline then cloning may be too far out there to be a feature. In that case...who is Dredd?

Down this path madness lies, Marwood. Some folks over yorn at 2000adonline are so earnest about the implications of the altered timeline and the internal logic of DNA's film adaptation that they've speculated Judge Death will have to be reinvented as a Cursed Earth mutant- rather than a dimension-hopping zombie- if he features in any possible sequels to Dredd (2012). Because mutant powers are more realistic (i)?

The film and the comic are two completely seperate things and I'm fine with the fact that the creative decisions taken by DNA have been influenced as much by their budget as by their vision. Dredd has been portrayed in so many different ways that anyone can cite precedent for their own interpretation of either his uniform (ii), his city (iii), or his psychology (iv) without having to post-rationalise it as Dredd Begins.

I think the aspects of the Dredd strip that would make any film adaptation a unique and original cinematic proposition are precisely those that address the implications of Dredd's cloned DNA (v) and the extremities of his politics (vi), but I don't imagine Dredd (2012) is going to do more than hint at either. Again, DNA can make reference to the fact that Dredd's parentage was hardly referenced for the strip's first decade (vii). If this year's reboot doesn't have to detail the many uses of Boing (TM), it doesn't necessarily have to mention Dredd's daddy issues either.

(i) As far as the large sample surveys of the residents of Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Chernobyl indicate; all radiation exposure does is make you nauseous and give birth to kids that look like God snapped off too many limbs from the Airfix kit that made you. No healing factors or psychic powers have been reported at Fukushima yet, either.

(ii) Carlos Ezquerra's designs for the early versions of Dredd's regs in Origins (1505-1535)- essentially the bike courier from the Zovirax adverts- would have worked on film and they would have satisfied geek demands for comic authenticity. My own preference for a budget, 'real world' Dredd uniform would have been for Mel Gibson's leathers and body armour from Mad Max 2, with something like Frankenstein from Death Race 2000's matte black helmet (the original visual reference John Wagner gave to Carlos) incorporating the comics' visor and noseguard X.

(iii) Brian Bolland and the great Ron Smith drew MC1 as enormous Empire State-style skyscrapers, rather than Mick McMahon's brilliant and unprecedented pepperpot/GI Helmet designs; while definitive Dredd artist Carlos Ezquerra's take on the city is more organic.

(iv) The producers of the Stallone film were able to point to the first three years of the strip, where Dredd was portrayed as an uncomplicated hero, as justification for their bastardising of The Day The Law Died (89-108); just as the new film can point towards Ezquerra and McMahon's underwhelming early strips as precedent for their take on the character's uniform.

(v) Bloodline (583-584), Tale of the Deadman (662-668) and Tour of Duty (1520-1693)

(vi) Revolution (531-533), America (Megazine 1-7, 20-25), Terror (1392-1399) and Total War (1408-1419)

(vii) Outside Pat Mills's Return of Rico (30), and the continuity nightmare of Vienna (116) Dredd's in vitro origins are the elephant in the room nobody sees fit to mention for ten years. The first indication that Dredd poured forth from Fargo's loins was a passing mention in the Judda strain of the mega-epic Oz (545-570). And, until Letter From A Democrat (460), Dredd's fascism wasn't explicitly addressed either. 

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 11/1/2012 6:36:49 PM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 316
Dredd (2012): CFC's Or ICBM's? - 7/1/2012 10:48:47 AM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Danbo 1138: '(if) the film is near future, has an Atomic war even taken place ?'

Spaldron: If its set in MC1 then I'm sure the nuclear armageddon has already taken place'

Hopefully the new film hasn't retained the Stallone film's idea that the Cursed Earth was the product of Global Warming. That really got to the root of  how Justice Department was forged in the tumult of criminal and political violence, didn't it?

Megacity One predated the Atomic Wars, see Origins (1505-1535).

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 7/1/2012 11:10:41 AM >

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 317
Dredd (2012): Democracy Is A Cancer At The Heart Of Ou... - 7/1/2012 10:56:19 AM   
sauchieboy

quote:

It would be perfectly reasonable story and film wise to have a situation in the first film where the Judges are not yet the authority figures of the comic, have them start to take control of the chaos and then, in future, questions/satire about their power/how they wield it/the oppression of norms via laws designed for taking down perps to enter the equation', by Jobloffski

I hope so, Jobloffski, but how prescient would it have been for DNA to be releasing a film about the suppression of democracy by a brutally coercive, power-hungry autocracy at a time when the news bulletins are showing the same struggle every night? Syria's cynical media manipulation (i) and heedlessly violent response to their population's demands for reform remind me of  Dredd's machinations in Revolution (531-533).

I can see the industry logic behind making Dredd (2012) a "focused, knuckled-down, visceral and simple" (ii) action film (it's a genre with a large, undiscriminating potential audience) but it does mean this film will downplay or even ignore parts of the strip that would have made Dredd's screen adventures a unique, relevant and original cinematic proposition.

(i) http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-up/display/playlistref/060112/clipid/060112_4ON_syria_06)

(ii) Screenwriter Garland, quoted in Empire, September 2011

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 7/1/2012 11:31:40 AM >

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 318
Dredd (2012): The Big Picture - 8/1/2012 10:30:41 AM   
sauchieboy

The start of a new year is a time to take stock and consolidate. With regards to the new Dredd film:

We've seen some of the built sets and locations that will be used: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/10/mega-city-won-more-from-the-dredd-set/ and
http://www.lonewolf-grips.net/southafrica/set-photos/

We've just seen another on-set pic in this month's Empire: http://www.liveforfilms.com/2011/12/16/empire-amazing-2012-preview-cover/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+liveforfilms%2FqdPt+%28Live+for+Films%29

We've seen his uniform: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/12/Dredd.jpg%3Fd9c344&imgrefurl=http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/11/designing-dredds-helmet/&h=1200&w=900&sz=297&tbnid=dxMKsfCgtlg6WM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=88&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnew%2Bdredd%2Bfilm%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=new+dredd+film&docid=neWnxhkcuwGZPM&sa=X&ei=03MJT9_UEsOv8gOEzLTSBQ&ved=0CIgBEPUBMA4&dur=3125

We've seen Dredd's bike: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=28507

And we've seen his gun: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XiHfSw4YeFE/TOcS5uS8C3I/AAAAAAAAABk/oCUoewvEexw/s1600/Dredd%252BMovie.jpg&imgrefurl=http://judge-dredd-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/&h=390&w=640&sz=31&tbnid=y8jLEfZwBgnxoM:&tbnh=68&tbnw=112&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddredd%2B2012%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dredd+2012&docid=OEisfFBOjABJeM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=_WsJT9OeG8iD8gPclfi8AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CD8Q9QEwAg

We have an idea how individual scenes will break down: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HtH9aHp3PF0/TT2mw9PDEXI/AAAAAAAAAM8/VDzNBk7d 8VM/s1600/NEW%2Bsc23.jpg

Those of us who want to (I don't) can read Judy Garland's script: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=THVZVTPH

We've seen the work of the film's marketing department with the advertising feature they negotiated with Empire: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31585

And we now even have some idea how the film will sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3XavFs3Ui0

We've all commented on these titbits individually as they emerged; but, given the cumulative impression from all that information, how do you all think it's looking for Dredd (2012)?

< Message edited by sauchieboy -- 8/1/2012 10:56:22 AM >

Post #: 319
RE: Dredd (2012): The Big Picture - 8/1/2012 10:53:16 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: sauchieboy

We've seen the work of the film's marketing department with the advertising feature they negotiated with Empire: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31585

I honestly missed the advertising feature notification with that. Which I'm pretty sure would have been there? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 320
RE: Dredd (2012): The Big Picture - 8/1/2012 11:44:49 AM   
ED-209

quote:

ORIGINAL: sauchieboy

The start of a new year is a time to take stock and consolidate. With regards to the new Dredd film:

We've seen some of the built sets and locations that will be used: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/10/mega-city-won-more-from-the-dredd-set/ and
http://www.lonewolf-grips.net/southafrica/set-photos/

We've just seen another on-set pic in this month's Empire: http://www.liveforfilms.com/2011/12/16/empire-amazing-2012-preview-cover/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+liveforfilms%2FqdPt+%28Live+for+Films%29

We've seen his uniform: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/12/Dredd.jpg%3Fd9c344&imgrefurl=http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/11/designing-dredds-helmet/&h=1200&w=900&sz=297&tbnid=dxMKsfCgtlg6WM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=88&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnew%2Bdredd%2Bfilm%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=new+dredd+film&docid=neWnxhkcuwGZPM&sa=X&ei=03MJT9_UEsOv8gOEzLTSBQ&ved=0CIgBEPUBMA4&dur=3125

We've seen Dredd's bike: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=28507

And we've seen his gun: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XiHfSw4YeFE/TOcS5uS8C3I/AAAAAAAAABk/oCUoewvEexw/s1600/Dredd%252BMovie.jpg&imgrefurl=http://judge-dredd-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/&h=390&w=640&sz=31&tbnid=y8jLEfZwBgnxoM:&tbnh=68&tbnw=112&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddredd%2B2012%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dredd+2012&docid=OEisfFBOjABJeM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=_WsJT9OeG8iD8gPclfi8AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CD8Q9QEwAg

We have an idea how individual scenes will break down: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HtH9aHp3PF0/TT2mw9PDEXI/AAAAAAAAAM8/VDzNBk7d 8VM/s1600/NEW%2Bsc23.jpg

Those of us who want to (I don't) can read Judy Garland's script: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=THVZVTPH

And we now even have some idea how the film will sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3XavFs3Ui0

We've all commented on these titbits individually as they emerged; but, given the cumulative impression from all that information, how do you all think it's looking for Dredd (2012)?

I don't care about any of that! I just want to see a trailer with some actual proper footage in it goddammit!!

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 321
RE: Dredd - 8/1/2012 11:59:26 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: ED-209

I don't care about any of that! I just want to see a trailer with some actual proper footage in it goddammit!!

ED-209 tells it like it is.

I'm getting rather sick of this thread, you have to wade through a ton of bullshit to find a decent post to respond to. Perhaps if the discussion was more focused on the upcoming film instead of endless fanboy crap and photoshop images.

AND QUIT CHANGING THE FUCKING THREAD TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to discussion, anyone slightly annoyed that we haven't had any real information as yet? The film is out this year and we don't even have a trailer, does anyone reckon Alex Garlands takeover of the edit suite is proving more problematic that anticipated?

(in reply to ED-209)
Post #: 322
RE: Dredd - 8/1/2012 12:11:17 PM   
superdan

To be honest, with this film more than any other I feel that the less I know about it the better.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 323
RE: Dredd - 8/1/2012 12:51:22 PM   
dreddhead123

quote:

Spaldron wrote:

Back to discussion, anyone slightly annoyed that we haven't had any real information as yet? The film is out this year and we don't even have a trailer, does anyone reckon Alex Garlands takeover of the edit suite is proving more problematic that anticipated?

Well ignoring your meltdown moment, it's possible Urban looks a bit crappy as Judge Dredd and no amount of editing will change that. If there's any truth in the claim the footage was unusable*, then the film may be in trouble. No-one knows how Dredd and the other Judges look. Who knows, perhaps they'll look really cool; tough guardians of future law and order.... then again perhaps they'll look like scruffy, unwashed SWAT-looking future cops with large goldfish bowls on their head.

quote:

Now comes word from 24 Frames that Travis has been fired from the editing room on the 3D reboot of the 2000AD character after constant battles over “creative differences” but the real story seems to be that the footage he shot this year was so appalling it’s unusable

< Message edited by dreddhead123 -- 8/1/2012 12:55:24 PM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 324
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 8/1/2012 3:27:59 PM   
dreddhead123

Here's a challenge for DNA - let's see if they can come up with a teaser trailer comparable to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXaJ1JGU1wg

If they do, I'll be mighty impressed.

(in reply to dreddfan)
Post #: 325
RE: Dredd - 8/1/2012 3:37:47 PM   
danbo1138

The silence from the producers and director is deafening,not just talking about trailers or pics but hardly any comments/quotes, eg ' films looking great' 'working on the cg etc' 'or nothing at all which is unusual.
If they hadn't already secured distribution I would say its looking straight to DVD at this point unless they are so confident about having a hit they feel like they can wait.
I really hope its good,love the look of Dredd helmet n all.

< Message edited by danbo1138 -- 8/1/2012 3:38:47 PM >

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

Post #: 326
RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit - 8/1/2012 5:52:49 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

Here's a challenge for DNA - let's see if they can come up with a teaser trailer comparable to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXaJ1JGU1wg

If they do, I'll be mighty impressed.

I would rather they just make a better movie. That shouldn't be too hard, or that impressive !!

Post #: 327
RE: Dredd - 8/1/2012 7:28:30 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

The silence from the producers and director is deafening,not just talking about trailers or pics but hardly any comments/quotes, eg ' films looking great' 'working on the cg etc' 'or nothing at all which is unusual.
If they hadn't already secured distribution I would say its looking straight to DVD at this point unless they are so confident about having a hit they feel like they can wait.
I really hope its good,love the look of Dredd helmet n all.

They have secured distribution (Lionsgate) and its highly unlikely it'll go straight to dvd. At the very worse it turns out to be a turd it'll disappear from the screens after a few weeks. I agree about the non-news from the production, in this day and age its really quite odd to hear not a peep from anyone in production for so long. There really should've been a teaser by now.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 328
RE: Dredd - 8/1/2012 8:33:01 PM   
danbo1138

The impression I get is that they aren't confident.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 329
RE: Dredd - 8/1/2012 11:54:38 PM   
ED-209

quote:

Back to discussion, anyone slightly annoyed that we haven't had any real information as yet?

Yes. Me! The film is coming out in September apparently. September isn't really that far away if you think about it! I definatley expected a teaser trailer by now

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: At Least In Megacity One The Trains Run On Time Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI