Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Resident Evil: Degeneration

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Resident Evil: Degeneration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resident Evil: Degeneration - 19/12/2008 2:46:01 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
i'm a fan,this works....sort of - 30/12/2008 3:28:38 PM   
otacons folly

it's nice to see something based on the games themselves,this is what the live action films were missing,i'm still dreaming of a version ripped straight from the games stories with a little polish.this is a tiny step in the right direction

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Good, Full Of Action. - 19/1/2009 9:13:40 AM   
joanna likes films

As A Gamer, I have played Resident Evil 4 and almost completed it until I got too scared and couldn't play it any more! (I know, how sad of me!) But I'm planning to play Resident Evil 5, though the trailers are warning me of the horrors ahead of me. Before the massive game everyone has more or less talked about, there is the DVD Movie to exicte the fans. Using Leon and Clarie from the second game, this one is about the deadly virus coming back after the tradgey of Raccon city they had to fight seven years ago. Romance, bloody action and stylish CGI makes this a good film. Though it didn't scare me, the monsters are frightening to look at but it's so cleverly done and how they done the facial expressions is just amazing. Fans should enjoy this, newcomers can take a look but they might be confused with the story and the charaters. But I enjoyed it and haven't played the second one, pretty good.

Post #: 3
Good - 19/1/2009 6:22:12 PM   
Caster

Probably not for newbies but frankly Capcom doesn't need 'em. As a fan of the games this is actually quite good - certainly in the look of the film. The climax is pretty by-the-numbers but it's a fun diversion for 90mins. Must look amazing on Blu Ray...

Post #: 4
At Last Based upon the game/ Nothing to do with Paul W ... - 2/3/2009 1:05:00 PM   
Horrorguru

Forget the live action movies they are utter shit on a stick designed for ten year olds with no idea about the games. This CGI Movie sequel to the events after Resident Evil 4 is great, Leon kennedy from resi evil 2 is back, as is claire, there is a boss fight at the end
awesome, awesome, awesome. If you are a fan of the games (not the shit live action films) You will love this, however this has no relation to the live action movies, this is a Cinematic sequel to the fourth game, nicely bridging the gap to RESIDENT EVIL 5.

Post #: 5
Five reasons the live action films suck ass juice. - 2/3/2009 1:10:02 PM   
Horrorguru

1. George A Romero was turned down in favour of Paul anderson.
(What was capcom thinking? Romero invented the genre)
2. The film has very little if anything to do with the games plots.
(paul w andersons idea was inspired by alice in wonderland)
3. The blatant pillaging of Romeros ideas is bordering on outright plageurism.
4. The slow brooding tension was replaced by dumbass gun-fu.
5. Nemesis looked like a novelty dildo
if you are coming to this review after playing Resi Evil 5, check out the animated Degeneration instead.

Post #: 6
Not bad - 17/3/2009 4:07:45 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I think only RE : Extinction is better than this, the other movies are pretty awful. This is a pretty decent animated effort with some quality action and a great monster. It's not gonna be considered a classic but it looks nice and it's definately worth a watch for RE fans

(in reply to Horrorguru)
Post #: 7
RE: Not bad - 17/2/2013 5:33:54 AM   
Phubbs

Resident Evil: Degeneration (2008)

This is probably the best Resi film to date simply because it looks like a good computer game with some nice looking CGI. Its also the best all CGI film based on a computer game I've seen, smashing 'Final Fantasy', although its been some time since I've seen that. The whole plot isn't much to talk about, its the usual zombie/monster thing, running around dark corridors with a torch and huge research labs that keep having huge meltdowns etc...The thing is with these CGI flicks is they are based within the real Resi Evil videogames unlike the dodgy live action films. This alone gives them the edge which even someone like me can recognise, and I'm no fanboy.

Its very atmospheric, you really feel a chill as you follow the characters around. The airport rescue is the most creepy part of the film while the battle against 'Curtis' in mutated form is the most exciting. Despite being released in 2008 this film is actually the first animated Resi Evil film, without going into all the messy details this film will no doubt appeal to the hard core fans big time. Everyone else (such as myself) will find a good horror film but obviously not pick up on all the in-game nods, there are plenty...right??.

Its very predictable right to the end, the plot is cliched but its perfect for what it is, which is another chapter in the Resi storyline. Does make you wonder if the people in the stories will actually ever learn that making viruses is bad and only results in mass zombie problems. No matter what happens there is always someone at the end who will kick start it all over again. Baddies huh, never learn.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Resident Evil: Degeneration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI