Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: chopping head off...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: chopping head off... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: chopping head off... - 17/12/2008 2:02:49 PM   
grucl

Well, we all know from X1 that Sabertooth won't die in this movie. I hope they can still pull of a decent final fight between the two.

(in reply to Mr Grizzly)
Post #: 31
RE: chopping head off... - 17/12/2008 2:37:32 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: thogo

I believe that the last shot between Wolverine and Sabretooth when he says something about chopping his head off is a signal to the Wolverine comic line when wolverine actually kills sabretooth by chopping his head off with a special katana, which was actually made to kill Wolverine.

Its just a shame that in this new trailer they've felt the need to sanitize that Wolverine line... if anyone remembers, the Comi-Con trailer version went like this...
"I'm gonna cut your goddam head off... see if that works!"

What is peoples objection to this word? So many times Ive seen it edited to 'damn' or cut out entirely!?! Hardly what I'd class as a stong swear word!

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008

(in reply to thogo)
Post #: 32
Elastic band Cage guy on page 37 - 19/12/2008 11:21:29 AM   
VIndcI

could that be Cain Marko aka Juggernaut, who was played by Vinnie Jones in The Last Stand. it would make sense seeing that the elastic bands would be limiting his movements. it couldnt be magneto as he looks too young if this is set 20 years before X1

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 33
Grimlock - 19/12/2008 6:58:37 PM   
predatoravp

It's wow!

Post #: 34
Cool - 20/12/2008 2:01:38 PM   
cornflake180

Cant wait for this to come out. Does his super sense of smell have something to do with the Wolverine nickname???

Post #: 35
RE: Cool - 20/12/2008 6:14:42 PM   
dead_reckoning

quote:

ORIGINAL: cornflake180

Cant wait for this to come out. Does his super sense of smell have something to do with the Wolverine nickname???

If I remember correctly, in the comics they explain his hightened senses (which are left from the original idea of him being a mutated wolf-man hybrid, rather than just a mutant) as being due to his healing factor. Something to do with his cells regenerating some much that his body fuctions are turned up to 11 or something - but again, I'm fuzzy on the specifics.

Also, this trailer is ok, not mind blowing, which frankly gives me hope! But whoever the guy playing Gambit is, I still rue the fact they couldn't get Josh Holloway for the role.

these cuts run deep. these scars are permanent and always on display

xbox Live gamertag = misteroconnell
PSN ID = ravenouscartoon

(in reply to cornflake180)
Post #: 36
Wolverine's Nickname - 22/12/2008 10:11:31 PM   
Rogue_Soul

He was called wolverine by his fellow workers at the mine he ended up at with Rose (going by the Origins comic storyline) Wolverines (the animals) are very good diggers and that's what his job was at the mine... to dig.

Post #: 37
RE: chopping head off... - 3/1/2009 7:59:14 PM   
Tank Boy

I'm having a 'breakdown' after watching the trailer. ;)

Chuck's Culture Carnival!

(in reply to Mr Grizzly)
Post #: 38
Kid In Elastic bands - 1/2/2009 10:21:42 AM   
wikid_mick

The kid tied by elastic bands has to be Pietro Maximoff AKA Quicksilver. He's Magneto's son and has the ability to move at a rapid pace. The only logical way to stop him is to hold him in place without any contact to the ground, hence, the elastic ties...

Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: chopping head off... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI