Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! - 15/12/2008 10:35:50 PM   
wladicito

Impossible to do a remake...it's going to be a disaster for sure...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
I'm a big Crow fan but... - 15/12/2008 10:46:48 PM   
PAnderson

I love the movie and love the comic but lets not over react to a remake.

Remember the original had a lot of flaws (yes I know Lee died and oh so sad but the movie was patchy in places) and I do think we tend to over romanticise the concept.

I believe that if someone remade the movie but actually kept to the original source material then we could easily have a much better movie. Also adding more Joy Division songs (after all, Barr did try to name many of the chapters after songs by the band.

Come on dudes, remember a time when Tim Burton gave us the definitive Batman and we all thought no one could ever be a better Joker? Then along came Mr Nolan. Nuff sed.

Post #: 32
Good To Have Norrington Back, But... - 16/12/2008 12:54:27 AM   
MadMatt

Seriously - we're remaking '90s movies now?! I thought the Romancing The Stone news was far too soon, but this is ridiculous. I bet in a few years time it will be perfectly routine for big films to be remade within a decade of their original release. It's just getting silly now. We need NEW films! Something has to be done to stem the constant flow of remakes, reboots and reimaginings...

Post #: 33
- 16/12/2008 12:37:10 PM   
shakeyjakey

did the report actually say a remake? Nope, pretty sure it says a new take, fingers crossed that is the case as I'm bored to hell with remakes

Post #: 34
RE: - 16/12/2008 3:58:24 PM   
MadMatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeyjakey

did the report actually say a remake? Nope, pretty sure it says a new take, fingers crossed that is the case as I'm bored to hell with remakes

Semantics. 'A fresh take' on existing material is a remake, whatever else you try to call it. Anyway, let's accentuate the positive: Stephen Norrington is out of retirement. Let's hope it's closer to Blade than LXG...

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(in reply to shakeyjakey)
Post #: 35
RE: I'm with Knight of Fury - 16/12/2008 7:54:15 PM   
Valdor6

I reckon Hugh Jackman would fit the bill a treat hahahahhaah! I am soooo joking!

Na but I really like the idea of doing an animated one, it might put quite an interesting angle on it all.

City Of Angels was pretty good yeah, I'd agree with that, it maintained that gritty, noir(ish) feel and actually made me quite emotional lol...oh and the Deftones were in it! lol

I think animation/CGI is a way for this 'franchise' tho.

But at a push....maybe maynard james keenan would rock that wig again and do an Eric Draven-with-atheist-tendancies-approach hahaha

(in reply to PAnderson)
Post #: 36
RE: I'm a big Crow fan but... - 16/12/2008 8:10:14 PM   
Valdor6

Why not over-react to the idea of a remake? It's just kinda wrong, irrelevant and disrespectful.

Flaws? How do you mean flaws? Are you talking about the 'over romanticising of the concept'? I'd have thought that was the whole point of that particular film, in the words of the late, great Eric Draven "Nothing is trivial"......the whole point of the film, thus the concept is for it to be an over-romantic storyline, it not only aknowledges the feeling of lost love (anger, sorrow) but indulges in the extraordinary lengths one might go to, to prove that love, and right the wrongs done.
I really cannot agree with your term 'over romanticise'.

"Come on dudes, remember a time when Tim Burton gave us the definitive Batman and we all thought no one could ever be a better Joker? Then along came Mr Nolan. Nuff sed".

Again, when exactly did anyone actually think this? The difference being Batman is made out to be an on going series of events, like James Bond, the whole Crow/Eric Draven thing wasn't. The original film is untouchable. And so is Lee's performance. If none of the sequals could better the concept and storyline, then I don't see what difference a reboot is gonna make. It would kinda be like someone re-making the dark knight.....Ledger can't be topped.

only maybe by Jim Carrey with a cheshire cat grin lol 

(in reply to PAnderson)
Post #: 37
...i mean jebus!!!! - 17/12/2008 11:55:33 AM   
nightshade42

For god sake cant the film people think of their own ideas!!!! I mean come on...its bad enough that theres going to be a Donnie Darko sequel and a pre quel to I am legend. COME UP WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS AND STOP RIPPING OFF EVERYONE ELES!!!!!

Post #: 38
...i mean jebus!!!! - 17/12/2008 11:58:25 AM   
nightshade42

For god sake cant the film people think of their own ideas!!!! I mean come on...its bad enough that theres going to be a Donnie Darko sequel and a pre quel to I am legend. COME UP WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS AND STOP RIPPING OFF EVERYONE ELES!!!!!

Post #: 39
- 18/12/2008 5:44:12 PM   
LizUK

Well now, this is interesting. A NEW take on The Crow? First and foremost, before they do anything, they HAVE TO make sure the music is outstanding. Secondly - who to cast? Apart from Heath Ledger, I'm pretty sure no one currently known in Hollywood can carry off Draven's turmoil and do it justice. Definitely not whatsisface, Jake Gyllenhaal or James McAvoy.

Post #: 40
BRANDON LEE IS ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE - 11/1/2009 5:39:41 PM   
Angel Lee

Mr. Norrington do you not realize that Brandon Lee died while making The Crow. The movie is dedicated to "Brandon and Eliza" for that reason. Do you not have any shred of ethics or morals? Are you going to disrespect Brandon's memory and his legacy all in the name of GREED? Mr. Edward Pressman, you met Brandon Lee and you know that he made the ultimate sacrifice making The Crow. How will you sleep at night knowing that you remade Brandon's movie, The Crow? Yes, it is Brandon's movie. The problem with Hollywood's film industry is that people want to destroy beauty. Aren't either of you creative enough to come up with your own idea and a new movie? I will make sure never buy a ticket to any movie or project that either of you are associated with. Fans: Please go to Brandon Lee Movement online and sign a Petition to stop the remake of The Crow.

< Message edited by Angel Lee -- 11/1/2009 5:42:18 PM >

Post #: 41
RE-MAKE? - 1/3/2009 4:40:10 PM   
Cripple_219660

As im sure everyone else here does too i loved THE CROW movie and WICKED PRAYER, but im still not sure about a re-make and as others have sayed it would be a slap to the memory of Lee and ive heard that the first one was a bot patchy in places but what do you want to do dig up lee and fix it. I think it would be far better just to make a fifth. And animated what the hell is wrong with you animated is only good on a few things and i cant even name them. Although if you can find someone who can follow Lee than i say go for it but if he screws this up he wont be making anymore movies and i actually liked The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen it was pretty good but then again i have said alot of bad movies are good.

Post #: 42
Great Idea to Film The CROW !!!!! - 23/3/2009 10:21:18 AM   
Alrow

I'm all up for the new movie. I've been following every sequel and I think Wicked Prayer. The new will be strong sensation for the viewver.

Great Idea !!!

Thank you so much !!!!

Just make it sensual.

Me and my friends just love The Crow !!!

Post #: 43
JOHNNY DEPP would be perfect for the role - 23/3/2009 10:46:16 AM   
Alrow

JOHNNY DEPP would be perfect for the role, or some another of INFP psychological type.

Post #: 44
REMAKE! - 21/8/2009 7:53:16 AM   
sini69

This guy is a cunt and does not deserve to even touch The Crow movie.
Blade sucked ass and he has no right to come in an remake a movie that is already awesome. This movie was perfect and yes it is a slap to the face of Brandon Lee. I'm sure that this director will not be truthful to what the graphic novel is really about. The first movie was. It kept the same essence of what the graphic novel is. Its sad how Hollywood and its "film makers" can't come up with their own ideas and have to try to take a shot at something thats is already a success!

Post #: 45
RE: REMAKE! - 22/8/2009 3:55:32 AM   
JoeyPottr

Why? Vincent Perez couldn't do it, and other guys who played Eric Draven couldn't do it either, only Brandon Lee is The Crow, Hollywood really needs new ideas if they're remaking 90's and 80's movies (as mentioned before) now. Plus The Crow has that whole hallowed thing that goes with it with the passing of its star Brandon Lee while filming. I really loved the original, my favorite is the effects of the crow (raven actually because they are very intelligent, crows not so much) Ernie Hudson was great, Michael Wincott was great too. Lee would have been one of the top actors in Hollywood today, this guy even did his own stunts and he cheoregraphed all those fight scenes in the movie. Anyway, remake, no thanks.

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to sini69)
Post #: 46
RE: REMAKE! - 22/8/2009 10:51:31 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoeyPottr
Why? Vincent Perez couldn't do it, and other guys who played Eric Draven couldn't do it either, only Brandon Lee is The Crow

Absolutely. THE CROW - pure classic. soooooo many awesome memories of 1994 and this film. Go Away Norrington, you has-been. Sean Connery hates you.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 47
The Crow shall fly again? - 9/10/2009 5:38:11 PM   
akimatao

Iam sorry but take your hands off.

Everything after the first is painful to watch.

I know the comics and i have seen few of the other movies.

Please do not kill Brandon lees heritage to the Film world .

And Mr. Norington try something new hand off remakes.
Let it rain blood or the hell freeze whatever you do take your hands off the Best comic Adaption ever made.
cheers
Wolf

Post #: 48
- 28/12/2009 2:56:32 AM   
Axel93able

I'm curious to see how this movie will come out. I am a huge fan of both The Crow and Brandon Lee, no matter what remake is made we true fans know which film will be in our hearts. Heath Ledger wouldnt have been a bad choice for the main role but the chances of that are as likely of brandon lee reprising the role. Perhaps Ben Foster or Johhny Depp should take on the challenge. None could match up to Brandon tho vincent didnt and im sure no one ever will. R.I.P Brandon Lee

Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI