Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Trek Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Star Trek Thread Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Trek Thread - 28/9/2011 10:30:34 PM   
Rgirvan44

The Next Generation has now been confirmed for remastering to HD. There will be a test disk released before Christmas with Encounter at Farpoint, the Inner Light and Sins of the Father showcasing the Blu Rays. They have gone back to the film negatives, and built the show back up. All of the effects are being upgraded. This is a huge job, but Paramount will likely see the long term benefits of this in terms of being able to sell the show for years to come.

Here is a trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av35kFHdS50&feature=player_embedded

And here is a comparison shot of the new effects vs the old ones. It looks wonderful. Just wish they would release Best of Both Worlds. But alas, who can blame them for not.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 181
RE: Star Trek Thread - 28/9/2011 10:41:03 PM   
impqueen

Shiny.

I've been watching Series Two of TNG it's far more hit and miss than I recall, though admittedly I haven't watched it in more than a decade. Still I know in my heart and head it get's better in later Series.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 182
RE: Star Trek Thread - 28/9/2011 11:00:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

It sounds like they are going to try and do a mix of cleaned up model shots (those filmed in film) and CGI enhancement where needed (Matte paintings for example)

Will be curious to see how this does.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 183
RE: Star Trek Thread - 28/9/2011 11:18:21 PM   
Rebenectomy

Oooo, I'm rather looking forward to this. So excited in fact, that I shall celebrate with the adding of Fez to Vulcan.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 184
RE: Star Trek Thread - 28/9/2011 11:27:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

By the by Shatners Star Trek Memories, and Star Trek Movie Memories are a blast to read. Really interesting because he brings together not only his own feelings, but others contribute to it as well. 

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 185
RE: Star Trek Thread - 28/9/2011 11:34:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

Also Data pushing Crusher off the boat in Generations was funny. Bunch of people with old sticks up thier butts. 

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 186
RE: Star Trek Thread - 14/10/2011 10:34:40 AM   
Timon

Seth MacFarlane wants to produce a new Trek series and you know what? I think he'd be awesome as it's clear he's a massive Trek fan.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/seth-macfarlane-family-guy-star-trek-247364?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 187
RE: Star Trek Thread - 4/11/2011 7:15:03 PM   
Spaldron

Remember the episode Conspiracy? Whatever happened to those parasites, seeing as at the end of the ep its hinted that they sent a beacon to their home planet. It was kindof a build to nothing.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 188
RE: Star Trek Thread - 4/11/2011 7:29:55 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Seth MacFarlane wants to produce a new Trek series and you know what? I think he'd be awesome as it's clear he's a massive Trek fan.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/seth-macfarlane-family-guy-star-trek-247364?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29

quote:

There are plenty of Trek fans with no talent out there and I don't think anyone would think their fantasy Trek shows would be awesome. What makes him so special?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 189
RE: Star Trek Thread - 4/11/2011 9:24:07 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Remember the episode Conspiracy? Whatever happened to those parasites, seeing as at the end of the ep its hinted that they sent a beacon to their home planet. It was kindof a build to nothing.

They got into trouble with that episode, due to the effects. They left it alone, and re-built the concept into the Borg plotline.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 190
RE: Star Trek Thread - 5/11/2011 1:21:54 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

They got into trouble with that episode, due to the effects. They left it alone, and re-built the concept into the Borg plotline.

Yeah it was quite a gore-fest.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 191
RE: Star Trek Thread - 5/11/2011 12:57:26 PM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

quote:

there was a series of ds9 novels that had them try to infiltrate bajor and also links them to the trill.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 192
RE: Star Trek Thread - 5/11/2011 7:32:35 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

quote:

quote:

there was a series of ds9 novels that had them try to infiltrate bajor and also links them to the trill.

Yeah I don't really pay attention to the novels tbh. As far as I'm concerned if it ain't on the small or big screen then its not cannon, the novels and comics are superfluous to me.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 193
RE: Star Trek Thread - 6/11/2011 9:52:05 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

quote:

They were going to do a sequel to it but the spisode caused to much contreversy with the effects and the dark nature of the story. Shame its a good ep and I would have loved to have seen a sequel.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 194
RE: Star Trek Thread - 6/11/2011 11:45:38 AM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah I don't really pay attention to the novels tbh. As far as I'm concerned if it ain't on the small or big screen then its not cannon, the novels and comics are superfluous to me.

the recent ds9 novels have been excellent.
they have taken the characters on some interesting arcs, almost like having another season of the show to enjoy post s7 finale.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 7/11/2011 10:54:28 AM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 195
RE: Star Trek Thread - 8/11/2011 1:32:43 PM   
spark1

sfx appreciation of 'yesterday's enterprise'-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/11/07/blog-yesterday%e2%80%99s-enterprise%e2%80%a6-again/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 196
RE: Star Trek Thread - 14/11/2011 4:15:07 PM   
Rgirvan44

Here is an extended trailer with footage from the remastering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DZEcKM33YY

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 197
RE: Star Trek Thread - 22/11/2011 3:56:54 AM   
Spaldron

Just realised that the ep "Starship Mine" is basically Die Hard with Jean-Luc as McLane.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 198
RE: Star Trek Thread - 22/11/2011 11:28:47 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

Just realised that the ep "Starship Mine" is basically Die Hard with Jean-Luc as McLane.

I have not seen that ep is years. Might have to watch it on DVD.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 199
RE: Star Trek Thread - 22/11/2011 11:32:43 AM   
Timon

And "Darmok" is essentially Hell In The Pacific/Enemy Mine.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 200
RE: Star Trek Thread - 22/11/2011 11:52:28 AM   
spark1

and 'balance of terror' is a riff on submarine combat movies like 'run silent, run deep'.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 201
RE: Star Trek Thread - 22/11/2011 1:35:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

And X episode of the TOS is a riff on film Y, or whatever costumes and sets they could find on the backlot that week. 

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 202
RE: Star Trek Thread - 29/11/2011 9:17:37 PM   
Timon

You know it.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 203
RE: Star Trek Thread - 30/11/2011 12:43:25 AM   
Spaldron

I was actually making a serious observation but never mind..........

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 204
RE: Star Trek Thread - 2/12/2011 12:27:14 PM   
Timon

We know, we were just playing.

Besides I love that bit in Die Hard where McClane finds his beloved saddle.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 205
RE: Star Trek Thread - 2/12/2011 3:38:00 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

We know, we were just playing.

Besides I love that bit in Die Hard where McClane finds his beloved saddle.

Or the bit where Picard says "Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 206
RE: Star Trek Thread - 4/12/2011 11:39:16 AM   
spark1

check out 'trek nation'-

http://trekmovie.com/2011/12/02/trek-nation-directors-log-featuring-deleted-interview-clips-available-online/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 207
RE: Star Trek Thread - 13/12/2011 1:16:12 AM   
Rgirvan44

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION® TO BE AVAILABLE IN HIGH-DEFINITION FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER FOR ITS 25TH ANNIVERSARY

Star Trek: The Next Generation® – The Next Level Blu-ray Disc™ Will Be Released On January 31, 2012

Complete First Season Blu-ray Available Later in 2012

LOS ANGELES – The beloved series STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION® will be transferred to high definition for the first time ever and released on Blu-ray™, it was announced today by Ken Ross, Executive Vice President and General Manager of CBS Home Entertainment.

All 178 episodes from seven seasons will be transferred to true high-definition 1080p for release on Blu-ray and eventual runs on television and digital platforms both domestically and internationally.

“Fans have been clamoring for a high-definition release of STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION® for years,” said Ross. “Transferring the series to high-definition presented difficult technical challenges, but our team has come up with a process to create true 1080p HD masters with true HD visual effects. We can’t wait to show fans how pristine the series looks and sounds with our upcoming Blu-ray releases.”

Transferring STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION® to high-definition presented numerous challenges – The series was originally shot on film and then transferred to videotape, which was used to edit episodes together. In order to create true HD masters, CBS is going back to the original uncut film negative – all 25,000 plus film reels of it – and cutting the episodes together exactly the way they originally aired. The visual effects were all shot on film and will be painstakingly recompositioned, not upconverted from videotape. The newly cut film will then be transferred to true high-definition with 7.1 DTS Master Audio. Denise and Mike Okuda are consulting on the project.

While the first full season won’t be available until later in 2012, CBS Home Entertainment is releasing STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION® – THE NEXT LEVEL, a single Blu-ray disc to give fans a taste of the series in HD, on January 31, 2012. The disc will include the feature-length pilot – “Encounter at Farpoint” – as well as two more “fan favorite” episodes, “The Inner Light” (Season 5) and “Sins of the Father” (Season 3). The single disc will be available for a suggested retail price of $21.99.

One of the most popular series in the STAR TREK franchise, STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION® celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2012. It premiered in first-run syndication during the week of September 28, 1987 and ran through 1994.

Set in the 24th century on the Starship Enterprise, about 100 years after the original STAR TREK series took place, the series starred Patrick Stewart as Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Jonathan Frakes as Commander William T. Riker, LeVar Burton as Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge, Marina Sirtis as Counselor Deanna Troi, Brent Spiner as Lt. Commander Data, Michael Dorn as Lieutenant Worf, Gates McFadden as Dr. Beverly Crusher and Wil Wheaton as her son Wesley Crusher.

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION® won numerous accolades, including 18 Emmy® awards, and was the first – and only – syndicated television show to be nominated for the Emmy® for Outstanding Drama Series for its seventh season. It was also ranked #46 on TV Guide’s 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time list in 2002.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 208
RE: Star Trek Thread - 28/12/2011 9:09:58 PM   
Spaldron

Anyone know how they reacted in NI to Data's "the Irish reunification in 20-somethingorother" line? Wonder if the line got taken out as to not cause any shit.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 209
RE: Star Trek Thread - 28/12/2011 9:51:30 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Anyone know how they reacted in NI to Data's "the Irish reunification in 20-somethingorother" line? Wonder if the line got taken out as to not cause any shit.

It got removed over here.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Star Trek Thread Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI