Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

nikki sixx's heroin diaries

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> nikki sixx's heroin diaries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
nikki sixx's heroin diaries - 3/12/2008 1:40:49 PM   
babyloutattoo

has anyone read it? if so what did you think of it?

I just finished it and i really enjoyed it, it was a laugh reading about the mayhem he got up to on tour, and it was painful reading about his family problems and his problems with drugs. but there was something i didnt like about it, i cant quite put my finger on it but it was the way he talked about drugs. sometimes it seemed like he was saying "yeah drugs are the best! they're so much fun!.... but don't do them" i cant describe it.

the hardbook edition looked so cool aswell! all the artwork and the pages looked awesome. not sure if the softback edition had the same style or not.
Post #: 1
RE: nikki sixx's heroin diaries - 3/12/2008 2:07:04 PM   
jonson

Yes, I've read it. It was hard to put your finger on what his thoughts were on his drugs problem.
When he was clean he was quite damning about them, but you have to remember they were diaries rather than an autobiogrpahy for example (where you have the gift of "looking back") so whenever he was "on" drugs, he was obviously not too critical of them (let's face it, when you are on drugs they're brilliant, when you're off them they suck)
It was quite harrowing reading his accounts where he just sat in a closet for days on end, shooting up and holding his gun for fear of being "attacked"
A great book all the same, it's amazing that we have these figures we "idolize" but then you find yet they are just sad junkies, unhappy, resentful and bitter. I thought the same when I read the Kurt Cobains book.
And yes, I have the hardback edition and the artwork (inside as well) is really good. It looks dead hard

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to babyloutattoo)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> nikki sixx's heroin diaries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI