Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Inbetweeners

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Inbetweeners Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Inbetweeners - 18/7/2012 7:43:39 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Christ, that looks fucking terrible.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 211
RE: The Inbetweeners - 18/7/2012 8:07:19 PM   
Vadersville

Why is Jay fat? Why is American Fat Jay trying to be Seth from Superbad? Why? Just, why? Why? Why? WHY?

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 212
RE: The Inbetweeners - 18/7/2012 8:23:56 PM   
Super Hans

Urgh, god that looks shite. Wouldn't be so bad if there didn't appear to be so many directly copied scenes - it looks like a really bad spoof more than anything else. I hope never to watch it.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 213
RE: The Inbetweeners - 18/7/2012 8:47:21 PM   
paul_ie86

I thought it was alright.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 214
RE: The Inbetweeners - 19/7/2012 3:22:51 PM   
maffew

i came on to post it, beaten to the punch.. it looks utterly despicable

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 215
RE: The Inbetweeners - 19/7/2012 4:10:59 PM   
Art Vandelay

Meh, looks alright. If I hadn't seen the original then I'd certainly give it a shot. I'll no doubt watch the Pilot still.

I've never understood the uproar and anger that is produced when a show/song/movie is re-made. Firstly, the creators gave permission for this to go ahead and secondly, the original isn't going anywhere. If this re-make aired and the original vanished from existence, then I'd be pissed! But it's still gonna be here. Just don't watch the re-make and keep watching the original.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 216
RE: The Inbetweeners - 19/7/2012 4:38:53 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

Meh, looks alright. If I hadn't seen the original then I'd certainly give it a shot. I'll no doubt watch the Pilot still.

I've never understood the uproar and anger that is produced when a show/song/movie is re-made. Firstly, the creators gave permission for this to go ahead and secondly, the original isn't going anywhere. If this re-make aired and the original vanished from existence, then I'd be pissed! But it's still gonna be here. Just don't watch the re-make and keep watching the original.

It's just the sheer pointlessness of it. There's just no need for this, As you point out the original verison's still there - why can't Americans just watch that?

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 217
RE: The Inbetweeners - 19/7/2012 9:55:10 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

It's because it looks shit.

Is it petty to get angry about it? Yes, it is.

Is there anyone in the world who doesn't get angry at atleast one thing that is petty and trivial and (in the grand scheme of things) unimportant ? No, there is not.

I myself am angry at many of life's seemingly inconsequential little annoyances. This is just another one for the list.

Post #: 218
RE: The Inbetweeners - 19/7/2012 10:08:02 PM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

It's just the sheer pointlessness of it. There's just no need for this, As you point out the original verison's still there - why can't Americans just watch that?

I would have said the same thing about the US Office when I first watched that awful Pilot but that show has gone on to become one of the great US comedies and is to some (not myself) better than the original. I guess all I'm saying is that I'm gonna give the show a chance and whatever the quality, it's gonna do no harm to the original. If anything, if this remake does turn out to be utter shite then it will just solidify the quality of the original.

So it's a win-win situation!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 219
RE: The Inbetweeners - 19/7/2012 10:59:50 PM   
Vadersville

AV, I read the second line of your signature at a glance and thought, "i remember that line of horrendous dialogue..." Then I saw the link to the old Jamdodge thread. I thank you for cheering me up and reminding me of happier, simplier times!

Post #: 220
RE: The Inbetweeners - 19/7/2012 11:14:14 PM   
Art Vandelay

Haha, great times indeed! Can spend a good hour flicking through that entire thread. It genuinely is quite a gripping tale from start to finish.

Post #: 221
RE: The Inbetweeners - 19/7/2012 11:35:19 PM   
Vadersville

My girlfriend is reading it now and is practically crying with laughter. I don't know why but when reading Wilbert's posts I hear David Mitchell's angry logic voice in my head...

Post #: 222
RE: The Inbetweeners - 20/7/2012 7:22:56 AM   
sanchia

It looks somewhat like a generic American HighSchool Comedy.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 223
RE: The Inbetweeners - 29/7/2012 10:06:00 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

The American version of The Office turned out better than the UK one, it's all fair game IMO.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 224
RE: The Inbetweeners - 29/7/2012 12:04:59 PM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

The American version of The Office turned out better than the UK one, it's all fair game IMO.

No, it really wasn't.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 225
RE: The Inbetweeners - 29/7/2012 1:01:17 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

No, it really wasn't.

It was so far beyond better its unreal.

After the first season of the US Office, the show turned into something incredible. HAving said that, I dont see the Inbetweeners US turning out like that!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 226
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Inbetweeners Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI