Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Inbetweeners

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Inbetweeners Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Inbetweeners - 13/9/2010 10:38:42 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Holy shit!

Yep that was indeed shit, i hope the series gets better than that

Now you know I didn't mean it like that.

you should do, it was awful until the malfunction

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 61
RE: The Inbetweeners - 13/9/2010 10:43:40 PM   
galvatron

It was funny but nothing amazing for me. 

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 62
RE: The Inbetweeners - 13/9/2010 10:57:03 PM   
Spider

Hmm, was okay but felt like a further step down in quality from the previous series. I don't understand why comedy writers don't realise when they take stuff too far - mainly I'm thinking of stuff like "give way to the left you old bitch!" (are we seriously to believe he would think that) and the pirate earrings - these are supposed to be "normal" youngsters and there is just no way he would do that. The loose bollock section was funny though (and on a purely ladsy level, how fit did both Charlotte Bigjugs and Carly look?!)

Rudi Manchego's Simple Rustic Wisdom:
If you look at a pebble, you will see your own face

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 63
RE: The Inbetweeners - 13/9/2010 11:00:24 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hex

Still not enough Jay though.

There was too much.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 64
RE: The Inbetweeners - 13/9/2010 11:10:42 PM   
Hex

Aww!  I love Jay. The show would suffer without him.

I agree about the earrings though. I saw no reason why Jay would put in giant hoops. It made no sense.

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 65
RE: The Inbetweeners - 13/9/2010 11:25:27 PM   
James2183

The Jay incident was a bit left field but the rest of the show was really funny.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 66
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 1:50:14 AM   
losthighway

Was that his actual bollock?? If so, brave man... i can imagine that being a rather uncomfortable (in both senses of the word!) scene to film.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 67
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 2:24:36 AM   
paul_ie86

According to James Buckley (Jay), it was.

http://twitter.com/james__buckley/status/24416969703

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 68
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 9:18:41 AM   
Sledge Hammer

I thought it was an okay episode with some superb bits.

Everything with the wheelchair kid in was genius.

The one thing that did occur though was that everything happened at breakneck speed - even the talking between characters seemed faster than usual.

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 69
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 9:19:59 AM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Everything with the wheelchair kid in was genius.

I'm not sure why kidney failure had put him in a wheelchair though.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 70
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 9:27:07 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Nor am I but he was a brilliant character!

Check it out!

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 71
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 9:37:03 AM   
paul_ie86

He said he can still walk but he needs it because he tires easily, if I remember correctly.

< Message edited by paul_ie86 -- 14/9/2010 9:38:44 AM >

Post #: 72
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 9:58:00 AM   
Felix

Surely they could have come up with an illness that would actually put someone in a wheelchair though. Its a fairly poor representation of the effects of kidney failure.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 73
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 10:26:09 AM   
Scabby

Well this episode reaffirmed my notion that this show is pants. I've given it a try a couple of times now and I can't see the appeal. It tries to be a teen Peep Show, without the sophistication, character or charm. I want nothing more than to relate to a gang like this (considering I used to hang about with similar types) but it never clicks, feels unbelievable and usually contrived. With this and the IT Crowd, I constantly get the feeling that I'm losing touch with my own generation, spiralling into an abyss where quotes are thrown at me daily, while I look on perplexed as to why these wondrous words amuse so many. I thought that the cinema would be a safe haven from such trifling material but I hear soon enough that the darkened theatre will be no escape from this bunch of bumbling twerps.

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 74
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 11:46:57 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scabby
I thought that the cinema would be a safe haven from such trifling material but I hear soon enough that the darkened theatre will be no escape from this bunch of bumbling twerps.

Unless of course you just, erm, don't go to see the film.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 75
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 11:58:47 AM   
Scabby

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

I thought that the cinema would be a safe haven from such trifling material but I hear soon enough that the darkened theatre will be no escape from this bunch of bumbling twerps.

Yeah, but there will no doubt be woeful chuckle-heads wandering around with their trousers too low wittering on about clunge or something equally 'hilarious'.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 76
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 12:02:36 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, but there will no doubt be woeful chuckle-heads wandering around with their trousers too low wittering on about clunge or something equally 'hilarious'.

Don't you get that anyway?

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 77
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 12:15:03 PM   
horribleives

quote:

Well this episode reaffirmed my notion that this show is pants. I've given it a try a couple of times now and I can't see the appeal. It tries to be a teen Peep Show, without the sophistication, character or charm. I want nothing more than to relate to a gang like this (considering I used to hang about with similar types) but it never clicks, feels unbelievable and usually contrived. With this and the IT Crowd, I constantly get the feeling that I'm losing touch with my own generation, spiralling into an abyss where quotes are thrown at me daily, while I look on perplexed as to why these wondrous words amuse so many. I thought that the cinema would be a safe haven from such trifling material but I hear soon enough that the darkened theatre will be no escape from this bunch of bumbling twerps.

It's ironic how much of this speech could have easily come from the mouth of Will.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 78
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 4:28:46 PM   
Reidy

It was OK, but nothing brilliant. Certainly failed to live up to the hype.

Post #: 79
RE: The Inbetweeners - 14/9/2010 6:26:54 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Loved it, great stuff!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 80
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 12:29:53 AM   
shawshank prisoner

quote:

quote:

It's ironic how much of this speech could have easily come from the mouth of Will.

I think that's the most irritating response you could have given. Scabby's right: this show is awful. It's unbelivablly contrived and simply re-enforces the iditotic stereo-type of modern teens. Then again, based on how many people seem to like a show in which the most poplar gag is the line 'bus wankers' (M3GAL0LZ), maybe the stereo-type they're portraying is unfortunatley correct. Bad times.

Post #: 81
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 12:54:06 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: shawshank prisoner

quote:

quote:

I think that's the most irritating response you could have given. Scabby's right: this show is awful. It's unbelivablly contrived and simply re-enforces the iditotic stereo-type of modern teens. Then again, based on how many people seem to like a show in which the most poplar gag is the line 'bus wankers' (M3GAL0LZ), maybe the stereo-type they're portraying is unfortunatley correct. Bad times.

What, someone pointing out the irony of someone else slagging off a show while sounding uncannily like one of the characters from said show is the most irritating response you could think of? You've clearly never been on the imdb.
Also, regardless of whether you find it funny or not, I don't buy this negative stereotype nonsense. Most teenage boys are idiotic, crude and horny - I know I was. Would you rather they made a comedy about the boring lads who sit quietly, finish their homework and are always home on time for their tea? That would be a hoot.
And as for 'bad times', I'm more concerned about the kids who carry knives, steal cars and set fire to old people's hair on trains than I am those lying about their sexual conquests and shouting 'bus wankers'.

(in reply to shawshank prisoner)
Post #: 82
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 2:05:28 PM   
Sledge Hammer

What show isnt contrived?

Lets look at the all time great comedies:
(the ones I like)

Frasier
Seinfeld
The Office
Fawlty Towers
Curb Your enthusiasm

(the ones I dont but have a following)
Father Ted
Little Britain
Vicar of Dibley
Ad Fab

(other big for their time comedies)
The Young Ones
Steptoe and Son
Are you being served
Terry and June
Some mothers do have em

Every single one of them was contrived!

The comedy in the Inbetweeners may be crude at times but it is also very intelligent at times. For me, a lot of what is mentioned is very similar to when I was in school some 20 odd years ago - even this weeks fashion show was spot on with regards to a popularity show.

Other episodes such as bunking off school, going as a gang to the funfair, trying to get into a house party, worrying about exams, going to the pub under age, school disco. In fact all of them except the Caravan club one ring true for me.

And thats because Caravans are for Gypos!

Check it out!

Post #: 83
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 3:59:02 PM   
Scabby

quote:

The comedy in the Inbetweeners may be crude at times but it is also very intelligent at times. For me, a lot of what is mentioned is very similar to when I was in school some 20 odd years ago - even this weeks fashion show was spot on with regards to a popularity show.

Other episodes such as bunking off school, going as a gang to the funfair, trying to get into a house party, worrying about exams, going to the pub under age, school disco. In fact all of them except the Caravan club one ring true for me.

And thats because Caravans are for Gypos!

Indeed, such moments in life are so broad that I think you'll struggle to find someone who doesn't relate. The concepts are faultless, the execution is horrendous. Sure, teenage boys are horny, ignorant and generally quite stupid, but while this show flounders in a sea of mediocrity, This Is England '86 manages to instill the same notions while being both funnier and poignant (granted it is a drama). Must try harder!

Post #: 84
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 4:40:59 PM   
Rgirvan44

Q. Does this show make me laugh?
A. Yes.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 85
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 4:56:56 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I really do love this show, it really is just like being back at school, I think it's the fact the conversation seems quite genuine and natural and just comes across as a bunch of mates talking and pissing about, rather than acting.

I do hope the next episode involves Jay a little more though, his lies are brilliant.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 86
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 5:03:41 PM   
paulyboy

Love the show but thought that the first episode back was a little hit and miss. The whole testicle incident was classic but the rest was rather so-so, hopefully it will pick up as the season progresses.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 87
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 6:50:04 PM   
Sledge Hammer

the bit where Will was talking over the kid in the wheelchair by scat-bopping (dont know the right term) was the funniest thing on TV this year!

Check it out!

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 88
RE: The Inbetweeners - 15/9/2010 11:32:02 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

the bit where Will was talking over the kid in the wheelchair by scat-bopping (dont know the right term) was the funniest thing on TV this year!

Really? has it been that bad a year for comedy??

Post #: 89
RE: The Inbetweeners - 16/9/2010 12:09:54 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

It was a funny moment, mostly for the fact that all 3 of them, particularly Will, could see it for the pathetic attempt it was.  It wasn't just the fact that he was shouting him down, but coming after trying to wheel him away ("It has brakes, you know...") and deflect attention away from himself, he just looked mortified, like he couldn't believe the way doing it himself.  Funniest thing on TV this year is a bit strong though - it wasn't even the funniest bit in that episode (that would be Simon's bollock... ).

Overall, it was an OK episode.  I find Inbetweeners can be a bit hit and miss - more hit than miss, though, hence the reason I still watch it.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Inbetweeners Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI