Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Cuaron Talks The Wiches

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Cuaron Talks The Wiches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Cuaron Talks The Wiches - 1/12/2008 9:55:24 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 1/12/2008 9:55:24 AM   
Johnny Pneumonia

Wiches?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Oh dear! - 1/12/2008 10:00:16 AM   
losthighway

And you lost me at...del Toro plans to "do it completely in stop-motion animation." WHY!!?? This sounded like a great project and it does have great potential but as a live action piece with Del Toro's unique vision. I'm one of the few who really didn't like Nightmare Before Christmas and thought James and the Giant Peach was good but could have been better... Hmmmm. Not happy about this news. :(

Post #: 3
From The Author Of Charly and that Choclit Facturee - 1/12/2008 10:01:03 AM   
albumental

And the Director of Childrin Of Mens.

Post #: 4
Funk Yeah! - 1/12/2008 10:51:50 AM   
Ichabod Is Itchy

I mean, you had me at del Toro and Cuaron working together, then stop-motion? Please hurry up with the Hobbit, so you can go do his and Hellboy 3!

Post #: 5
You see, that's one of the dangers of being a smart ars... - 1/12/2008 10:56:19 AM   
albumental

You make a "funny" comment about Empire's mis-spelling of a word, then they go and correct it and leave you looking like a gibberish spouting buffoon.

Post #: 6
RE: You see, that's one of the dangers of being a smart... - 1/12/2008 11:07:59 AM   
adambatman82

del toro has an awful lot on his plate at the moment, its less than two weeks since he announced he was doing a pinochio stop motin film.

(in reply to albumental)
Post #: 7
So this is number what on Del Toro's to-do list? - 1/12/2008 2:29:30 PM   
the ageless stranger

I mean, it sounds great and all, but every few weeks there's a new story about another del Toro directing project. He's already got about 50 on the list, when's he supposed to do this?

Post #: 8
- 1/12/2008 3:45:47 PM   
granny

By the time Del Toro gets round to it, Hollywood will have remade Hellboy.

Post #: 9
Unlikely he will direct ... - 2/12/2008 9:11:41 AM   
Nicky C

I think it will be the same deal as Burton's animations. I.e. he will not direct in the traditional sense. I think he will do what Burton has done and leave someone else who knows stop-frame to direct the actual shoot, and his role will be a mixture of executive producer and co-director. It will be 'Guillermo Del Toro PRESENTS...' I think. That makes more sense to my mind, anyway...

Post #: 10
i agree with lost high way - 5/12/2008 10:06:48 PM   
SteadyEddie

stop motion isn the way to go with this movie especially when people have see it as live action i think the nighmare before christmas was a great movie in it's own right though, as stop motion but if that was converted to live action it would not have the same effect see the problem . i'm just sain is all

Post #: 11
Stop Motion? Stop the madness! - 28/3/2009 9:45:31 PM   
TheGoldenMonkey

Stop-motion is the most hideous idea I have ever heard. I will no longer see this. I'm not paying to watch little lumps of coloured clay judder clunkily across the screen with restricted facial expression.

In fact, I might just sneak in and laugh pointedly at the ridiculous nonsense it will become in stop-motion. How are children going to find the Grand High Witch frightening and therfore enjoy the film, when they know she's just a bloody piece of lumpy shit.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Cuaron Talks The Wiches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI