Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 1/9/2009 6:47:10 PM   
CORLEONE

Really enjoying this. Love the Scarecrow 2D levels too - get an XBL 2D Batman game out Rocksteady! I hope this will be a massive success so they can take the next game into Gotham and give us the entire city with vehicles, potentially BEST. GAME. EVER!!!!!!

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 181
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 1/9/2009 8:20:31 PM   
Spektre

How does the demo compare then?

I bought the game because of all the positive feedback (plus a bit of arm twisting) but to be honest I was not that impressed with the demo.

I hope you are all right.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 182
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 1/9/2009 8:30:11 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spektre

How does the demo compare then?

I bought the game because of all the positive feedback (plus a bit of arm twisting) but to be honest I was not that impressed with the demo.

I hope you are all right.

I wasn't that impressed with the demo either but I'm really enjoying the full game. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was one of the best titles on the 360 but it's certainly one of the best retail titles of the year. A tad overhyped but a quality title nonetheless and well worth 30 odd quid of anyones money.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 183
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 1/9/2009 9:10:52 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

it's very good indeed. Im worried about burning through it too quick though so im currently alternating between this and Bully.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 184
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 1/9/2009 10:43:52 PM   
Proudfoot

I'm not sure I would enjoy it quite as much if it wasn't about Batman...

But luckily it's about Batman.

I suck at the fighting, good thing the game isn't all that hard. At least on Normal it isn't.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 185
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 2/9/2009 12:44:48 AM   
Lang

Has anyone played as the Joker yet in the challenge missions......whats with the ridiculious swagger when he walks.....i mean REALLY!

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 186
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 2/9/2009 7:22:29 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Proudfoot

I'm not sure I would enjoy it quite as much if it wasn't about Batman...

But luckily it's about Batman.

I think I'd actually like it more if it wasn't a Batman game. The fact that it was Batman was the only thing that was putting me off getting it.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 187
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 2/9/2009 2:58:47 PM   
Zao

Well, I loved Arkham Asylum. Best game since Bioshock for me. Been playing it non-stop this weekend and just love every single second. Disappointed I won't get to play as the Joker, but oh well. 

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 188
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 2/9/2009 7:46:42 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

Has anyone played as the Joker yet in the challenge missions......whats with the ridiculious swagger when he walks.....i mean REALLY!

Not yet, im trying to finish the main story first, almost there too.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 189
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 2/9/2009 7:58:43 PM   
James2183

I'm currently trying to find Dr Young's notes but so far I am really enjoying the game.

Spoilers below:

My favourite part so far has to be the Scarcrow section, it was me wondering whether I was tripping out when I couldn't find the ext out of the morgue. An excellent piece of sound design.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 190
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 2/9/2009 10:30:29 PM   
juanvasquez

Just completed it on normal mode. Going to try hard next after trying out the challenge mode. I found the game fairly challenging in parts, and some of it straight forward.

Loved the Scarecrow sections, particularly the last one. That was a brilliant sequence. Though the Killer Croc section felt a bit flat compared to the rest of it.

Reading above, it says there are different endings.

SPOILER

The one I got was Jim Gordon talking to Oracle saying that everyone will be cured enough for a sequel. And a post credit sequence of Bane emerging from the river, grab a floating crate.

SPOILER ENDS

Really, really hope this gets a sequel. It felt epic, and there are plenty more villains out there too!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 191
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 2/9/2009 11:08:22 PM   
ichi

So far i finnished it on normal on Sunday, and now i'm just trying to unlock everything by doing the Ridlers challenges.
Only have i more challenge map and 2 more character bios to get.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 192
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 8:59:10 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

I'm currently trying to find Dr Young's notes but so far I am really enjoying the game.

Me too, can't find them anywhere. I might be way off here but it looks on the map there's a couple of corridors off to the side of the library that I can't get to, possibly there?

Don't tell me though, I'll figure it out.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 193
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 9:00:28 AM   
Dark Knight

Well, after finishing the game this morning, I can say that I have not been disappointed by it. Rocksteady know there Bat-facts and the game design has been wonderous at times. Some stand out lines from not only the Villians but also from Batman have added to the incredible world that has been presented. I dare anyone not to raise a smile to some of Joker's lines.

Fighting took a while to get the hang off and I have to agree that I did seem to spend a little too long in the game wandering around with Detective Mode on in case I missed something.

Looking forwards to playing it through on Hard, and also finding all of the Riddler challenges (got 75% completion at the mo.) And hopefully looking forwards to any sequel they may have in mind.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to ichi)
Post #: 194
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 9:27:46 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

SPOILER

The one I got was Jim Gordon talking to Oracle saying that everyone will be cured enough for a sequel. And a post credit sequence of Bane emerging from the river, grab a floating crate.

SPOILER ENDS

Spoiler

I got scarecrows arm coming out and grabbing the crate. I guess Croc didn't eat him after all

Spoiler Ends

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 195
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 11:43:30 AM   
Spektre

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliamMunny

quote:

SPOILER

SPOILER ENDS

Spoiler

I got scarecrows arm coming out and grabbing the crate. I guess Croc didn't eat him after all

Spoiler Ends

Damn it..Why do I ALWAYS highlight these spoilers!!

I got the game recently and I have to say I'm really glad I did. They really nailed all the characters. Everything about it so far has been first class.

The puzzles as well have been fun...although I did have nightmare trying to solve the very first one with the painting. I assumed it was far away so I spent at least 30 minutes searching for it until I realised where it was.

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 196
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 11:47:37 AM   
Rob

I love this game.  It's dripping with atmosphere and some of the Scarecrow scenes are downright terrifying.  Perhaps it's a little short but a thoroughly awesome experience.  Now we just need Grand Theft Gotham using existing character models / movements etc and I'll be the happiest gamer around.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 197
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 12:16:12 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

quote:

SPOILER

SPOILER ENDS

Spoiler

Spoiler Ends

I got the game recently and I have to say I'm really glad I did. They really nailed all the characters. Everything about it so far has been first class.

The puzzles as well have been fun...although I did have nightmare trying to solve the very first one with the painting. I assumed it was far away so I spent at least 30 minutes searching for it until I realised where it was.

Haha, me too. I thought it was in the big room where you fought all the guys. And spent ages looking there. And all the while the Riddler's going "You know, Sharpe. Te old guy who runs this place? In a picture? On the wall?" til I muted him and continued searching in completely the wrong places.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 198
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 12:18:43 PM   
Spektre

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

quote:

SPOILER

SPOILER ENDS

Spoiler

Spoiler Ends

Haha, me too. I thought it was in the big room where you fought all the guys. And spent ages looking there. And all the while the Riddler's going "You know, Sharpe. Te old guy who runs this place? In a picture? On the wall?" til I muted him and continued searching in completely the wrong places.

Yeah the Riddler taunting me all the way through made me feel supremely stupid. I was literally about to shout at the tv "WHAT F**KING PAINTING?? I can't see NO PAINTING!!!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 199
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 12:48:52 PM   
jcthefirst

I loved the level in the sewers when you're trying to get the antidote, and Killer Croc keeps popping up every now and then.

I was extremely tense the whole way through that.

The biggest scare for me has been whenever you're looking for the Batcave for the first time, you try to open a door and Killer Croc jumps up and looks at you through the wee window. I Bill Shatnered myself at that part.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 200
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 5:14:23 PM   
From_Hell

Dudes, without giving anything away, once you've finished the game are you able to roam around the map collecting hidden items and solving the riddles, or once you've got to the end of the game does it finish?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 201
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 5:17:41 PM   
Zao

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Dudes, without giving anything away, once you've finished the game are you able to roam around the map collecting hidden items and solving the riddles, or once you've got to the end of the game does it finish?

Yeah, you're able to roam about and solve any remaining riddles.

< Message edited by Zao -- 3/9/2009 5:18:45 PM >

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 202
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 5:26:15 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zao

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Yeah, you're able to roam about and solve any remaining riddles.

Sweet!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Zao)
Post #: 203
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 6:04:23 PM   
Base

Downloaded the demo for PC (6 frickin' hours!!!) only to have a corrupt file in it

Anyone else have this problem???

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 204
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 6:42:07 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

Downloaded the demo for PC (6 frickin' hours!!!) only to have a corrupt file in it

Anyone else have this problem???

If the demo is the same as the xbox one, then it isn't a true reflection on the awesomeness. It's like riding a bike with stabilisers!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 205
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 3/9/2009 7:58:12 PM   
Base

No doubt, but I want to make sure it will run ok on my laptop before shelling out for it...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 206
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 4/9/2009 8:28:39 AM   
Marky_Mark

quote:

If the demo is the same as the xbox one, then it isn't a true reflection on the awesomeness. It's like riding a bike with stabilisers!

Exactly - a bike with a utility belt and detective skills!

6 hours though....crikey!

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

Post #: 207
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 4/9/2009 10:45:29 AM   
Peter Griffin

Anyone got any tips for the X40 combo chievo?
Most i can get to is 30, it's doing my nut in

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 208
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 4/9/2009 11:34:34 AM   
the anomaly

Luckily I have this to tide me over till I can get Batman Arkham Asylum

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 209
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - 4/9/2009 12:19:11 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

Anyone got any tips for the X40 combo chievo?
Most i can get to is 30, it's doing my nut in

I got to 36X in the party pooper area. Then I got clobbered while I was pressing Y, needless to say the controller nearly ended up in the TV.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI