Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Batman : Arkham City

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman : Arkham City Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 19/5/2012 3:32:19 PM   
kumar

Honestly I really loved this game. But not catwoman, i hate that part at the end, still not managed it.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1081
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 19/5/2012 10:08:23 PM   
rich

Which Catwoman bit?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1082
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 19/5/2012 10:58:32 PM   
jcthefirst

Two Face, I'd imagine.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1083
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 20/5/2012 1:10:29 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Honestly I really loved this game. But not catwoman, i hate that part at the end, still not managed it.

Main thing is to take your time.

Take down two face then get out of dodge. Completely. Not near by. Out of sight and reach. Wait tull he is clear then rinse and repeat. It will get done. On the hardest difficulty do the same thing.

I do feel your pain as it is the only predator area with respawns + a boss + the thugs get alerted jyst as the takedown ends. All new behaivour ... but it is DLC right at the end of the game. P.S level up Catwomans armour etc.

You can do it!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1084
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 30/5/2012 12:42:25 PM   
jcthefirst

Anyone picked up the new DLC yet?

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 1085
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 30/5/2012 6:09:16 PM   
Vadersville

Yep. I got it today. Surprised it wasn't on the main advert thing on dashboard to be honest. I had to go looking for it. I was surprised it was only 800 MSP but after completing the first Robin sequence quite quickly, I ducked out and checked my progress and it was already at 25% complete! I think this is going to be very short so I'm pacing myself. It's fun enough so far but nothing new. The best thing is playing Robin in story mode as opposed to just challenge maps. One little Easter egg in the Joker's old office did seem a bit of a cop out...

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1086
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 4/6/2012 8:22:29 AM   
Base

Surprised the new epilogue DLC hasn't gotten a bit more attention, it's not bad. Would have been nice to have the option to play as either Robin or Nightwing, but still good. Storyline is nothing spectacular, but was an enjoyable couple of hours...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 1087
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 4/6/2012 11:03:31 AM   
rich

When it was basically summed up as "2 hours in the Steel Mill" my interest died

Post #: 1088
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 6/6/2012 9:32:24 AM   
Sleazy

WTF? I just did the defusing bomb bit in the DLC, I do the last bomb (in under 2 mins might I add) and nothing happens! the timer continues to tick down until it says I have failed. I have looked on youtube and that was the last bomb?!?

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1089
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 6/6/2012 10:48:19 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

WTF? I just did the defusing bomb bit in the DLC, I do the last bomb (in under 2 mins might I add) and nothing happens! the timer continues to tick down until it says I have failed. I have looked on youtube and that was the last bomb?!?

I take it after that you get game over?

You start again in the shrine room?

Then you do the bomb there, the one in the previous predator room and the one where you have to use the REC?

Let us know exactly what you do ...

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 1090
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 6/6/2012 12:02:50 PM   
Sleazy

at game over it starts at the checkpoint where there are thugs and 1 is armoured, just before the last bomb

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

Post #: 1091
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 11/6/2012 4:06:16 PM   
Vadersville

Is it okay to discuss what happened (or more accurately what didn't) in Harley Quinn's Revenge yet?

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 1092
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 11/6/2012 6:14:32 PM   
rich

White text works fine

Post #: 1093
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 12/6/2012 10:12:01 AM   
Vadersville

Spoilers for Harley Quinn's Revenge

Was anyone else really disappointed with the story in this? It was ripe with possibilities! At the start I was really excited at all the little hints of something bigger. But none of these paid off at all! At the start one a TV is playing the video recording of the Joker from the main game's story, repeating over and over "You left me to die..." It's surprisingly eery and obviously teases that perhaps The Joker might not be quite as dead as we thought... Heck, at the start there's a newsreport from Vicky Vale on the radio when you first see Harely and the three police hostages as Robin with Vicky asking Commissoner Gordon to confirm reports that the Jokers body is missing.Throughout the DLC then there are loads of the Joker mannequins with tellys for heads. But the scrrens are smashed and The Joker's laugh sounds freakishly ghostly. Later on there's pictures scribbled on the walls showing Joker rising from the grave. Now I was at two minds here, because Joker's death was a brave move and I don't really want them to retcon that but what I did want was something resembling an interesting story. I was convinced that the big reveal would be that Harley had stolen Mr.J's body and was trying to revive him using the Lazarus Pit that Batman destroyed. Zombie Joker would have been cool! But instead we got a giant Joker robot! Don't get too excited though. It' does absolutley... FUCK ALL.

Nothing and I mean nothing, of any significance happens in this. It's called Harley Quinn's Revenge but what exactly is her plan for revenge? Well, it's apparently to set up shop in the Joker's old hideout to lure the Police so she can kidnap three coppers so she can lure Batman back into Arkham City, subdue him, put him in a glass globe where he will suffocate but wait, that's not the end of the plan, she'll give him enough oxygen to last two days so that Robin and Oracle will get worried and Robin will come looking for him and spoil her said plan but then she has a back-up bomb anyway but its so crap it doesn't kill anyone! What.

I was so disappointed with this. Gameplay wise it's fine, if a little short, but the story is a complete cop-out. Rather than taking a brave moves like the full game did (killing off Joker, Hugo and Talia) this actually goes out of his way to undo some of the original. Remember how there was a positive pregnancy test in Harley's office. Great! Set up the possibility of a third game with Harley and the Joker's kid as the main bad. Somewhere I even read a crazy theory that the baby would be used to harvest organs to bring The Joker back... So what happens in HQR? Well the positive test is still there, but now there are another 20 pregnancy tests. All negative. This royally pissed me off. What a fucking cop out. I tried to think of a good reason why they had doen this retcon, maybe Harley had lost the baby and that's why she's even more psycho than usual? Maybe someone's stolen her baby (unlikely because this is only a few weeks later but it is based on a comic book and it could be a mutant baby...), maybe she's a ganger and the real Harley is in the future being held hostage by an eye patch lady who wants the baby to use as a weapon against Batman? But no, its completley ignored suggesting then that this is just Rocksteady changing their mind. Also, later on you can overhear two thugs discussing whether the dead Joker that Batman carried out was actually The Joker or Clayface. Really, Rocksteady? Really? Don't even think about it!

At the end it looks like they've taken a page out of A Death in the Family and daringly killed off Robin. "Now you know how it feels" Harley spits. "What have you done?!" Batman snaps. So, was this what Harley was planning all along? Depriving Batman of his sidekick to make him feel the smae pain as her? But then, oh wait, Robin is still alive. How? It's not explained but then neither is how Batman and Harley escaped themselves. Must have been a crap bomb. Borrrring.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1094
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 16/6/2012 1:20:24 AM   
the anomaly

Fair enough if you didn't enjoy the story though here's my thoughts on your points;

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville
Spoilers for Harley Quinn's Revenge

Nothing and I mean nothing, of any significance happens in this. It's called Harley Quinn's Revenge but what exactly is her plan for revenge? Well, it's apparently to set up shop in the Joker's old hideout to lure the Police so she can kidnap three coppers so she can lure Batman back into Arkham City, subdue him, put him in a glass globe where he will suffocate but wait, that's not the end of the plan, she'll give him enough oxygen to last two days so that Robin and Oracle will get worried and Robin will come looking for him and spoil her said plan but then she has a back-up bomb anyway but its so crap it doesn't kill anyone! What.

To be fair I think your selling Harley short! Off the top of my head who else in the last two games managed to capture Batman? Harley pretty much bottom of the pile in terms of the Rogues gallery of villains in the game captures Batman. I think she deserves some kudos for that.

Batman underestimates her in both games and in fact literally writes her off in the first mission "Don't worry Alfred, Harley was never too smart" yet here he is defeated. Speaks volumes of Batman's current state that he is bested by her at all. Add to that ... did he truly need to go back in. He's faced off with so many of his foes so recently. Strange discovered his identity, Talia died and he let Joker die too. Failings. Once again he's hardly in the best of shape physically after the ordeal. Yet he goes in after Harley. Something Robin/Night wing could have handled.

quote:

maybe Harley had lost the baby and that's why she's even more psycho than usual?

I'd say that's part of it.

quote:

At the end it looks like they've taken a page out of A Death in the Family and daringly killed off Robin. "Now you know how it feels" Harley spits. "What have you done?!" Batman snaps. So, was this what Harley was planning all along? Depriving Batman of his sidekick to make him feel the smae pain as her? But then, oh wait, Robin is still alive. How? It's not explained but then neither is how Batman and Harley escaped themselves. Must have been a crap bomb. Borrrring.

Again give Harley some props for putting both Batman and Robin under pressure here. The fact that Robin escapes is kudos to him stepping up as a character. I'm sure Rocksteady treaded a fine line as well so many people still hate Robin. So they need to make him a badass ... but then he can't be better than Batman as so many people would get up in arms about it.

Just my two cents on your points anyway.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 16/6/2012 1:21:56 AM >

Post #: 1095
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 25/8/2012 9:28:17 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Main thing is to take your time.

Take down two face then get out of dodge. Completely. Not near by. Out of sight and reach. Wait tull he is clear then rinse and repeat. It will get done. On the hardest difficulty do the same thing.

I do feel your pain as it is the only predator area with respawns + a boss + the thugs get alerted jyst as the takedown ends. All new behaivour ... but it is DLC right at the end of the game. P.S level up Catwomans armour etc.

You can do it!

Came back to it after 6 months away and smashed in second attempt. Did it again on game + immediately after. Smashing this game through and through. Though I had a look on youtube and there are some massive easter eggs ive completely missed throughout (i replayed 3 times).

Im in need of a new game completely, but i really enjoy AC, are the DLC worth a shout? I need the batmobile in the next one.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 1096
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 25/8/2012 9:36:15 PM   
jcthefirst

Um, the Harley's Quinn's Revenge DLC is alright, but really short. Like less than 2 hours short. Although playing as Robin is cool.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1097
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 25/8/2012 9:39:56 PM   
Vadersville

Yeah it was good but way too short. I really want to play as Nightwing in a story mode and some more Catwoman missions.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1098
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 26/8/2012 1:38:15 PM   
rich

Of my complaints I dont ever remember thinking it was a short game

Post #: 1099
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/8/2012 11:47:40 AM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Of my complaints I dont ever remember thinking it was a short game

I thought the main campaign was waaaay short (though there were a lot of different things to do). The longest and and most pain staking part is getting all the riddler trophies, but otherwise you can storm through it. Once you start game plus and you have a rythym it flies by.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1100
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/8/2012 12:52:52 PM   
rich

I suppose it's possible but besides the main story I thought there was plenty of other stuff, I spent a lot of time in Arkham City

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1101
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/8/2012 1:00:21 PM   
jcthefirst

We meant the DLC was short, not the main game. Well, I did anyway.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1102
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/8/2012 2:46:33 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

We meant the DLC was short, not the main game. Well, I did anyway.

I even thought the game itself was short, but it was mostly due to it being so damn good.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1103
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/8/2012 6:01:14 PM   
rich

Well this confuses things

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1104
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 3/9/2012 4:31:06 PM   
primebhoy

Read this thread last week and started playing again on hard this time.

Rattling right through it even though im only really playing it for an hour... its really not that difficult, and im actually a bit dissappointed on my second run through. Too many pauses for voice overs and acting scenes and it is pretty samey. The rooms with multiple armed/unarmed guards and having to eliminate them do my head in as its essentially the same room over and over again.

Graphics and gadgets etc are all great, but it doesnt have that spark that AA did.

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1105
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 4/9/2012 11:32:16 AM   
KnightofZyryab

Finally won the achievement Perfect Knight - Day Two - definitely one of the most satisfying gaming experiences ever for me

*Spoilers*

Replaying it through on New Game Plus reminded me what a masterpiece the game is, there are so many standout moments: surveying Arkham City for the first time when Bruce suits up as Bats; Ra's Demon Trials; the Joker's death and the Clayface masquerade; the commencement of protocol 10; the ominous encounters with Azkael, and so on.

This time round I saved the Hush side mission for last - that was a supremely creepy offshoot from the main story and I'd love to see Hush as a major force in a sequel. According to some speculators there's a suggestion that Hush is working with Scarecrow and that Jonathan Crane may return for the next game. Personally, I'd like to see something with Black Mask, who apparently manages to escape Arkham City ...

As for Quinn's revenge, it was very short but I had no problem with that - she's just not as big a threat as the Joker so it made sense to me. Although taking her down was a little bit too similar to the Two Face takedown.

As others have said I found the Joker mannequins with televisions for faces supremely creepy - a fantastic touch by the developers and gave the sense of the uncanny, that the Joker is still around somewhere. I also thought that it gave a strong sense of aftermath, with Batman refusing to talk about Joker or Talia and appearing even more withdrawn than usual. Overall a neat addition to the game albeit probably inconsequential.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 1106
RE: No Dini for Arkham 3 - 3/11/2012 10:14:49 AM   
Vadersville

Just read that Paul Dini (writer of both Arkham games, co-creator of Batman:TAS and all round Batman GOD) had no involvement whatsoever with the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC. That explains why it was so crap. That's actually pretty harsh but let's face it, it brought nothing to the table in terms of progressing the story. In fact, to me it actually was a step back. *SPOILERS* I'm of course talking about the pregnancy test controversy which was positive in the main game then replaced with dozens of negative ones and an empty crib in HQR.*END SPOILERS* It seems that when Dini asked about a third Arkham game, he was politley told that if another job came up he might want to take it. What the fuck? I hope Rocksteady release that the man is a superb writer and a huge part of what has made these two games so brilliant is his writing and they get him back sharpish!

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 1107
Arkham Origins - 29/3/2013 3:14:03 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a469245/batman-arkham-origins-for-2013-release-on-current-next-gen-consoles.html

There it is.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 1108
RE: Arkham Origins - 29/3/2013 10:46:48 AM   
Base

Hmmm, no doubt I'll buy it anyway but that is a bit disappointing. After the last one was left ready for new villains, this just seems a way of wriggling out of that

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 1109
RE: Arkham Origins - 29/3/2013 2:22:44 PM   
rich

Really? What. I thought the most obvious follow up would be called Gotham City and follow up the Hush sequel bait amongst the other things thrown into the game. I don't get it.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 1110
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman : Arkham City Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI