Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Batman : Arkham City

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman : Arkham City Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 22/1/2012 4:23:10 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

How do you get the mofo trophy on the rooftop where there are three question marks. They only light up when you stand on the weight pad and when you do, grates come up at either sides so you cant throw batarangs. Ive tried the explosive gel but never works

I know which one you mean and I'm stumped too. Friggin solid!

Sorry, not much help, is it!

Explosive gel is the key.

- Spray explosive gel on the dot of each question mark.

- Stand on the pressure pad to raise the grates.

- Then you have to use the zoom function to target and detonate each individual question question mark when it is lit up. If you detonate all of the explosive gel at the same time, it won't work.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1021
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 26/1/2012 12:55:10 PM   
Tafferel

This "AR Training" , is that something that pops up in the main game, or is it seperate like the challenges in the first game? (I only started playing this yesterday!)

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1022
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 26/1/2012 12:56:53 PM   
jcthefirst

Main game.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Tafferel)
Post #: 1023
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 26/1/2012 5:54:08 PM   
kumar

Got all riddles last night- the last one preceeded by 100 combo so im pretty chuffed. Completed all side missions, kicked riddlers ass and the identity theif one which took ages for the body to appear, just have a few catwoman riddler trophies to get. Will give a few challenges a go tonight, but I think within the next few days ill start the Game+. Love this game!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to TheFuzz_1989)
Post #: 1024
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/1/2012 2:49:51 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

I've finished New Game plus, but I'm stuck on the Catwoman level you do after the main story (with Two Face) - it was difficult enough on hard but on new game plus it's bloody insane!
Then I have to do every side mission again (including the AR ones) and finish the challenges and then I will have 100%. There's certainly a hell of a lot to do.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1025
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/1/2012 12:07:43 PM   
TheFuzz_1989

Don't know if you guys have seen this:

The Joker singing 'Only You' during the credits (it's real)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UfsIvwzMeY&feature=relmfu

Post #: 1026
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/1/2012 12:41:37 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

Well yeah, I finished the game.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 1027
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 28/1/2012 4:27:22 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

Well yeah, I finished the game.

Yeah I skipped the credits unfortunately. Just thought I'd post it because it's quite haunting and (slightly) sad?
There's also one where Harley sings "hush little baby", but that apparently that's a bit of a rarity, I'm not sure what activates it.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1028
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 3/2/2012 3:46:31 PM   
JIm R

Anyone got any tips on beating Solomon Grundy within the 'Penguin' introduction level, got through two rounds of beating him by desroying the electric supply bases but round three he's chained up and just imosasible to beat the current that he creates simply by jumping over the waves of current to get to the re-ignited bases.

Any ideas's anyone ?

Cheers

Post #: 1029
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 3/2/2012 3:52:44 PM   
indysgill

When he starts to swing the chains rather than dodge by rolling out of the way, you're better off sliding to the left or right, same way that you've been sliding under doorways, because you can gain more ground quickly.

Once again drop mines on the three generators to blow them up and then batter him when he's crouched.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1030
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 3/2/2012 4:14:54 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

When he starts to swing the chains rather than dodge by rolling out of the way, you're better off sliding to the left or right, same way that you've been sliding under doorways, because you can gain more ground quickly.

Once again drop mines on the three generators to blow them up and then batter him when he's crouched.

Cool mate, can you confirm that's the last 'round' with him, I don't think my patience could take anymore with him.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1031
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 3/2/2012 4:18:24 PM   
jcthefirst

Yeah, I think it is the last round.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1032
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 3/2/2012 6:44:09 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

Cool mate, can you confirm that's the last 'round' with him, I don't think my patience could take anymore with him.

On a side note I found one of the highlights of the game to be that epic bastard uppercut Batman gave to Penguin before this!

On the combat challenges, how do you keep the free flow going when you have armoured thugs? Things just get really fast when batman is in full swing and I cant get anywhere near 60,000 points!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1033
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 4/2/2012 4:23:57 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

On a side note I found one of the highlights of the game to be that epic bastard uppercut Batman gave to Penguin before this!

On the combat challenges, how do you keep the free flow going when you have armoured thugs? Things just get really fast when batman is in full swing and I cant get anywhere near 60,000 points!

Just build up a 8x combo and single out the armoured guys then use an instant takedown (Y+B or Triangle + Circle), do this until you've eliminated all of them then beat up the regular thugs.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1034
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 4/2/2012 12:14:36 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

Just build up a 8x combo and single out the armoured guys then use an instant takedown (Y+B or Triangle + Circle), do this until you've eliminated all of them then beat up the regular thugs.

Or stun the armoured guy and then hammer him, it'll get you combo up enough to instant takedown him or another close by armoured dude.

Or you can electro shock them, which send the armoured guys flying for some reason.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 1035
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 5/2/2012 7:08:30 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

Or stun the armoured guy and then hammer him, it'll get you combo up enough to instant takedown him or another close by armoured dude.

Or you can electro shock them, which send the armoured guys flying for some reason.

Another way is to freeze them so you can save them till last or at least take them out of the game. Just avoid them by using evade or knock them over using REC periodically.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1036
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 14/2/2012 9:59:35 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

quote:

Another way is to freeze them so you can save them till last or at least take them out of the game. Just avoid them by using evade or knock them over using REC periodically.

Figured it out eventually- got the hang of using combat take downs which are awesome! The last combat challenge with 2 titans and one of those one armed goons was a bit tough. I left the predator challenge and couldnt be bothered to do any with catwoman so I started the game+. Its great playing through it again and im really enjoying combat a lot more- though im fucking stuck on mr freeze- i cant figure out a last way to beat him. Infact, the explosive charges on the walls are just not knocking him out!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 1037
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 16/2/2012 10:47:05 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

quote:

Figured it out eventually- got the hang of using combat take downs which are awesome! The last combat challenge with 2 titans and one of those one armed goons was a bit tough. I left the predator challenge and couldnt be bothered to do any with catwoman so I started the game+. Its great playing through it again and im really enjoying combat a lot more- though im fucking stuck on mr freeze- i cant figure out a last way to beat him. Infact, the explosive charges on the walls are just not knocking him out!

The charges have to be on the other side of the wall he is on to damage him. If he is close enough that should be fine. Little secret you can always perform a drop take down it gets harder to do obviously but if your timing is right you can always do it.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1038
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 18/2/2012 3:05:15 PM   
kumar

Ok managed it and finished the main story pretty quickly. Got all the side missions to complete now and then looks like im back on for the combat challenges!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1039
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 19/2/2012 11:22:59 PM   
Drone

Finished the main story last night - pretty awesome game, up until the final few sections, which for me just felt lilke one annoying fight after another.

Unlike Arkham Asylum, I just couldn't be arsed to do all the Riddler stuff, and the same with the Zasz hunt the telephone bit. The bosses and characters were fantastic once again; more so than Arkham Asylum for me. Solomon Grundy was just mind blowingly well realised. If only all games developers could make something with as much passion as the Batman games, we'd be living in a far more brilliant gaming world. I only had minor niggles, as I say but overall what a f*cking epic game.

Wonder City ranks among the finest bits of game design I can think of in recent times. Hope they make another!

< Message edited by Drone -- 19/2/2012 11:23:14 PM >

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1040
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 20/2/2012 12:04:53 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drone

Unlike Arkham Asylum, I just couldn't be arsed to do all the Riddler stuff, and the same with the Zasz hunt the telephone bit.

I can understand not doing the Riddler trophies, but the Zsasz telephone missions are quite cool. The stories he tells you are pretty chilling.

I think there's only like 8 of them in total as well. Easy acheivement too.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 1041
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 21/2/2012 12:11:17 AM   
kumar

hmm, catwomans last episode with two face is fucking difficult!!! I think there are only a few riddler trophies left for me to get, though i cant find anymore informants to find their specific location! One is underground near to the bottom of wonder tower- i youtubed how to get it and i was already trying that method but damn it is hard- is the one where you have to dive to the water, pull up, fire grapple gun and boost through the board!!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1042
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 21/2/2012 9:36:15 AM   
Jodan_King

quote:

hmm, catwomans last episode with two face is fucking difficult!!! I think there are only a few riddler trophies left for me to get, though i cant find anymore informants to find their specific location! One is underground near to the bottom of wonder tower- i youtubed how to get it and i was already trying that method but damn it is hard- is the one where you have to dive to the water, pull up, fire grapple gun and boost through the board!!

Try a freeze grenade below? I think that was how I did it

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1043
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 21/2/2012 6:17:19 PM   
rich

I remember that one. Needs a grapnel boost if you unlocked it, just keep trying - just a matter of the right angle.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 1044
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 22/2/2012 12:45:50 PM   
MBeard

Just got hold of Arkham City again, trying to get as many achievements as possible so will be getting back into it a 3rd time just so I can complete Riddler trophies.

I want to start new games. Damn me being a completionist :(

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1045
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/2/2012 7:48:22 PM   
kumar

Are any DLCs worth buying? I have the catwoman DLC with the game but have an urge to play as robin or nightwing..

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 1046
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 27/2/2012 10:48:54 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Are any DLCs worth buying? I have the catwoman DLC with the game but have an urge to play as robin or nightwing..

Kind of. Depends how much you play the combat challenges. Robin's actually pretty cool to play as.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1047
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 15/3/2012 12:12:05 AM   
steffols

First ever post in Joypad! Eep! Be nice.

So I just complete Arkham Asylum and thought it was brilliant. Really loved the story and got to grips with it a lot easier than I have on previous games. I'm not much of a gamer but me and this game just clicked and I loved it. My favourite bits were the gargoyle sections and creeping around taking out the armed henchman. I also liked taking out Titan henchmen, I loved it when you could climb on their back and beat the other up. Poison Ivy was by far the hardest boss, I got so bloody annoyed with that, because it was so hard, I found the Titan Joker really really easy to complete.

I've just started Arkham City and although it looks amazing and the controls are so much more smoother, I'm not enjoying the scope. It's just too big for me. Maybe it will click with me later but I'm getting irritated with everytime I land on the ground an inmate comes after me and I find myself in another huge gang of people fighting my way out. I miss taking out the armed henchmen as well. I'm only at the beginning rescuing Mr Freeze and I've been told that you need to take your time with it. I've tried one of the side missions but I guess I'm just too anxious to get to the next bit of the plot that I get bored and want to move on.

Hoping I enjoy it a bit more I play it!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1048
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 15/3/2012 8:28:12 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

First ever post in Joypad! Eep! Be nice.

So I just complete Arkham Asylum and thought it was brilliant. Really loved the story and got to grips with it a lot easier than I have on previous games. I'm not much of a gamer but me and this game just clicked and I loved it. My favourite bits were the gargoyle sections and creeping around taking out the armed henchman. I also liked taking out Titan henchmen, I loved it when you could climb on their back and beat the other up. Poison Ivy was by far the hardest boss, I got so bloody annoyed with that, because it was so hard, I found the Titan Joker really really easy to complete.

I've just started Arkham City and although it looks amazing and the controls are so much more smoother, I'm not enjoying the scope. It's just too big for me. Maybe it will click with me later but I'm getting irritated with everytime I land on the ground an inmate comes after me and I find myself in another huge gang of people fighting my way out. I miss taking out the armed henchmen as well. I'm only at the beginning rescuing Mr Freeze and I've been told that you need to take your time with it. I've tried one of the side missions but I guess I'm just too anxious to get to the next bit of the plot that I get bored and want to move on.

Hoping I enjoy it a bit more I play it!

Arkham City did feel quite different, compared to the more enclosed environment of Arkham Asylum. I got used to the open layout, and found it one of the strengths of the game. It is great fun having the run of the city, and swooping around, sitting on gargoyles looking out across the landscape etc. You will encounter sections where you get to take out armed henchmen, and these sections are just as fun. With regards to getting attacked every time you land on the ground, yes that is a bit wearing sometimes, but it also gives you a certain sense of vulnerability and makes you choose your encounters

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 1049
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 15/3/2012 6:38:03 PM   
rich

Dont worry about the city at the start, just get on with the missions - the places like the Steel Mill and the Natural History Museum are much more like the original (the latter is where I started to get into it more personally). You can explore later and do all the side missions when you've got more gadgets.

Weekend write-ups

Post #: 1050
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman : Arkham City Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI