Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Batman: Arkham City

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman: Arkham City Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 8/1/2012 12:44:51 AM   
SWOTBM

If you are really struggling with the combat, there is a really easy/cheap tactic that you can use to build up combos.  First off, make sure you have the bat swarm ability unlocked (X and Square on the PS3) which will stun all the enemies in the immediate vicinity.  Secondly, make sure you unlock the reduced combo requirement (basically it cuts the numbers of hits required to use special abilities like the bat swarm from 8 to 5 hits).  Thirdly make sure you have critical hits unlocked. 

Once you you have these three unlocked all you have to do is build up a combo of 5 then use the bat swarm.  The great thing about the bat swarm (and also any other special ability- disarm, takedown and multi-takedown but NOT ground and pound, aerial takedowns) is that it gives you invincibility frames.  This means that if you are about to be hit by multiple guys you can just hit the bat swarm (provided you have a 5x combo) and it will stun enemies nearby and they will not be able to hit you.  The batswarm also helps continue to build up your combo, so you only need like 2 or 3 more hits and then you can just spam another batswarm.  When the enemies thin out you can use a takedown on the armoured thugs.  If the guns guys are pissing you off I would recommend mixing in the disarm (Square and Triangle) or use the freeze blast (double tap R2)- although for the latter just make sure you don't hit them again. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 991
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 8/1/2012 12:51:26 AM   
rich

quote:

Also, these riddles are pissing me off. Do I have to solve them all before I rescue the hostages? The number of times ive made my way across the city to the marker to find the Riddler Room only to jump around the ground hoping for a door to magically open is unreal- and these riddles never seem to stop.

No it's only a certain number, not all of them to unlock the last rescue.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 992
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 9/1/2012 9:44:46 AM   
Timon

I accidently beat one of the Riddler's informants (shiny green guys) to a pulp before I could interogate him. Is that ok?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 993
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 9/1/2012 10:12:31 AM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I accidently beat one of the Riddler's informants (shiny green guys) to a pulp before I could interogate him. Is that ok?

Yeah, after a while he'll appear again. I think all you need to do is enter a building and come out again, and he'll be back.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 994
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 9/1/2012 12:38:24 PM   
Vadersville

After getting all the challenges I really can't be arsed to do them all again for the campaign achievement. Just seems so pointless and boring. Yet at the same time I'm tempted to just push through because I really wanted to 100% this.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 995
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 9/1/2012 1:17:34 PM   
Timon

So I assumed you all cheated to do the 'Calendar Man' trophy?

I'm only 10% through the game, so some of the trophies are vexing me.

As is the AR Training....

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 996
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 9/1/2012 1:33:04 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

I'm going to have to now, considering I missed both Christmas Day and New Years.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 997
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 10/1/2012 8:44:56 AM   
darthbane

Finished the campaign last night. The end credits featured something very creepy. Overall an ace game Onto the remaining side missions now

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 998
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 10/1/2012 12:13:29 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: darthbane

Finished the campaign last night. The end credits featured something very creepy. Overall an ace game Onto the remaining side missions now

I accidentally skipped the credits first time round. What is the creepiness?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 999
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 10/1/2012 1:10:06 PM   
darthbane

Possible Spoilers

Batman receives a voicemail left by The Joker some hours before his death. It's just of him signing Only You (And You Alone) by The Platters.
Its really freaky. Mark Hamill has never sounded better as The Joker, in my opinion. You can listen to it on YouTube

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1000
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 10/1/2012 1:22:38 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

I'm only 10% through the game, so some of the trophies are vexing me.

As is the AR Training....

Well, yeah, kinda cheated, or as I like to think of it, played the Calendar Man at his own game...

AR training was a bugger until I realised the secret to a good flight was to furst try and let Batman level out naturally after a dive then pull up if you need the extra height.  Where height wasn't required, just let him level out.  He's easier to control that way and you've less chance of hitting nearby terrain.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1001
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 11/1/2012 9:34:46 PM   
Timon

God, this game is a ball ache (in a good way)!

So many trophies, so many AR training (that I can't do) and so many riddles.

It's overwhelming.

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 1002
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 11/1/2012 11:01:11 PM   
kumar

quote:

It's overwhelming.

Yeah, most of the trophies seem impossible to get. As soon as I see one and cant figure out how to get it within 5 seconds its a straight "nope" and move on. Ive not played a couple of days but still not found that riddler room- is the bastard underground?!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1003
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 16/1/2012 9:39:52 PM   
kumar

32 combo, getting there

Also learning to appreciate the disruptor to break guns in advance of fighting some goons, Currently getting trophies to find the 4th riddler hostage and havent found the last dead body yet. Also came across a building where I assume poison ivy is? Can Batman get to that or do I have to download catwoman?

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1004
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 16/1/2012 10:14:58 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

32 combo, getting there

Also learning to appreciate the disruptor to break guns in advance of fighting some goons, Currently getting trophies to find the 4th riddler hostage and havent found the last dead body yet. Also came across a building where I assume poison ivy is? Can Batman get to that or do I have to download catwoman?

Catwoman DLC.

quote:

quote:

It's overwhelming.

Yeah, most of the trophies seem impossible to get. As soon as I see one and cant figure out how to get it within 5 seconds its a straight "nope" and move on. Ive not played a couple of days but still not found that riddler room- is the bastard underground?!

That is the best idea at first anyway. You will get more items etc and unlock things which will make them easier. But do try and get them as you go.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 16/1/2012 10:16:14 PM >

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1005
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 17/1/2012 2:27:31 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

The trophy where you have to use ALL of Batman's combat moves in one combo is an absolute bitch.

I love all of the little easter eggs that Rocksteady have put in that hint at a sequel. Theres (Minor SPOILERS the fact that Harley's most likely pregnant, there's the whole Hush thing.
Apparently people have found scrambled radio transmission and have unscrambled them to translate to: "I will return Batman. You will pay for what you have done with me. Fear will tear Gotham City to shreds."
Also, there are Fear gas containers in one of the riddler challenge rooms and also Hush's hideout (in addition to the ones in the Falcone boat). So I guess Scarecrow is gonna be featured heavily if they're making a sequel.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1006
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 18/1/2012 6:14:13 PM   
losthighway

Just started the game about a week ago so not very far into it... but i'm stuck! I've entered the water plant on the hunt to locate Joker, blown apart some large canister, listened to a Harlequin fairground prop, found a Riddler trophy behind a wall and now i'm stuck with a steaming hot river in front of me, another Riddler trophy on the opposite side of it, a giant iron ring that my batclaw can attach to and it says press A to pull but nothing happens... short of goin back on myself (which i have tried!), i can't see how to progress forward

HELP PLEASE!!!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to TheFuzz_1989)
Post #: 1007
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 18/1/2012 6:30:17 PM   
sharkboy

I'm not sure of where you are exactly, but when there are gaps to be crossed, try the line launcher.  You may have to change direction half-way across depending on where you need to go.

As for the riddles, anomaly's suggestion to finish the game first is a good one.  In fact, there are some you'll not be able to get until you get a certain piece of kit

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 1008
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 18/1/2012 6:42:12 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Just started the game about a week ago so not very far into it... but i'm stuck! I've entered the water plant on the hunt to locate Joker, blown apart some large canister, listened to a Harlequin fairground prop, found a Riddler trophy behind a wall and now i'm stuck with a steaming hot river in front of me, another Riddler trophy on the opposite side of it, a giant iron ring that my batclaw can attach to and it says press A to pull but nothing happens... short of goin back on myself (which i have tried!), i can't see how to progress forward

HELP PLEASE!!!

You've gone the wrong way. Go down the chimney, not the door.

Post #: 1009
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 18/1/2012 7:39:10 PM   
rich

Yeah the river is impassible without some new gadgets, and you dont need that way in til later.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1010
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 19/1/2012 6:26:12 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

Finally collected every single one of those god damn riddler trophies. Case file closed.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1011
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 19/1/2012 10:38:43 AM   
losthighway

Thanks guys!!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

Post #: 1012
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 21/1/2012 6:31:14 PM   
kumar

How do you get the mofo trophy on the rooftop where there are three question marks. They only light up when you stand on the weight pad and when you do, grates come up at either sides so you cant throw batarangs. Ive tried the explosive gel but never works

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 1013
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 21/1/2012 9:21:44 PM   
rich

Not sure where you mean. Remote control batarang if theres a gap maybe? Unless you just have to place the gel before you hit the switch.

< Message edited by rich -- 21/1/2012 10:41:05 PM >

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1014
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 22/1/2012 12:18:00 PM   
TheFuzz_1989

Hmm, I think I know which trophy you mean, and I jus used gel on that. Did you detonate the gel after you stood on the pad?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1015
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 22/1/2012 12:44:47 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

Hmm, I think I know which trophy you mean, and I jus used gel on that. Did you detonate the gel after you stood on the pad?

Yeh I do, but they never detonate in the right order

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 1016
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 22/1/2012 1:27:06 PM   
TheFuzz_1989

You can detonate them individually by zooming in on one of the charges and detonating. Does this help?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1017
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 22/1/2012 1:34:21 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

How do you get the mofo trophy on the rooftop where there are three question marks. They only light up when you stand on the weight pad and when you do, grates come up at either sides so you cant throw batarangs. Ive tried the explosive gel but never works

I know which one you mean and I'm stumped too. Friggin solid!

Sorry, not much help, is it!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1018
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 22/1/2012 2:21:13 PM   
TheFuzz_1989

Where exactly is this trophy (district eg park row, amusement mile etc)? I may be more help to you if i know exactly where it is.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1019
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 22/1/2012 2:27:30 PM   
TheFuzz_1989

FYI guys if you are really stuck and feel like cheating:
http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/

Pretty helpful.

Post #: 1020
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman: Arkham City Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI