Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Batman : Arkham City

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman : Arkham City Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 8/12/2011 7:22:41 PM   
sharkboy

Apparently they will eventually be made available individually - I'm sure I read something on IGN confirming this.

Anyway, been trying to mop up the storyline achievements and after some (OK, lots of) trial and error, I figured out the secret to the AR Achievement, after which it was a dawdle

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 961
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 15/12/2011 2:26:46 PM   
the anomaly

PLEASE CLAIM YOUR X360 BM AVATAR PRIZES! ANY FEMALE EMPIRE + BAC FANS GETS ONE FOR FREE! All at my discretion terms and conditions apply. Please PM me your request rather than posting. Forum regulars only.

1st The_Anomaly with a score of 2 - The True Batman - Leader of the Pack
2nd Mr Zao
with a score of 14 he beat the bat twice so that went to 12 - The first new Batman for the Inc
3rd Benyameano
with a score of 31 - Red Robin - The apprentice carving out a new name for himself.
4th Darth Bum Fluff with a score of 45 - Robin - The apprentice highly skilled and learning.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 15/12/2011 10:53:14 PM >

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 962
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 15/12/2011 3:57:50 PM   
katkitty24

I'm female and a massive Arkham City fan, even if I am a bit crap.

Castle - "Do I look like a killer to you?"
Beckett - "Yes, you kill my patience"

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 963
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 15/12/2011 4:43:02 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: katkitty24

I'm female and a massive Arkham City fan, even if I am a bit crap.

Kudos!

Forum regulars only I'm afraid. Though if no one claims for A-G-E-S I'll PM you a code.

Don't hold your breath though.

(in reply to katkitty24)
Post #: 964
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 19/12/2011 11:51:14 AM   
paulyboy

Completed this the oher day, really enjoyed it but much like the first it was over way too soon!

Just trudging through some of the left over side missions now and then it's getting traded/sold.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

Post #: 965
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 20/12/2011 10:13:45 AM   
sharkboy

Spend a couple of hours getting Catwoman's 40 riddler challenges.  A nice shiny achievement pops.  Spend a couple of days getting Batman's 400 riddler challenges.  Nada.  Come on, surely that's more worthy of reward than, say, knocking two goons over at the same time or remembering to go LT, LT, RT, RT, LT+A, LT+B, LT+X during a big fight?

Anyway, minor quibble.  Absolutely loving this game so far.  Just the new game + and the challenges to get through now.  Speaking of NG+, does anyone know if you have to complete all the side missions in this for the 100% achievement, or is it just the main plot quests?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 966
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 20/12/2011 10:22:28 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Spend a couple of hours getting Catwoman's 40 riddler challenges.  A nice shiny achievement pops.  Spend a couple of days getting Batman's 400 riddler challenges.  Nada.  Come on, surely that's more worthy of reward than, say, knocking two goons over at the same time or remembering to go LT, LT, RT, RT, LT+A, LT+B, LT+X during a big fight?

Anyway, minor quibble.  Absolutely loving this game so far.  Just the new game + and the challenges to get through now.  Speaking of NG+, does anyone know if you have to complete all the side missions in this for the 100% achievement, or is it just the main plot quests?

You have to have done the side missions.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 967
RE: Batman : Arkham City - 20/12/2011 6:56:27 PM   
rich

Rocksteady released a new skin today, free for once. Looks okay, not sure about it compared to the default one.

Meanwhile...

Post #: 968
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 31/12/2011 9:13:34 AM   
Timon

I got this for Christmas and after completing Arkham Asylum on Normal, I thought "Hey, let's do this on hard."

Fuck me, it's tricky. It took me ages to do that section at the beginning where you're Bruce Wayne and you have to defeat the Penguin's minions.

Slowly getting back into it now, but I think I may have made an error doing it on Hard. Also, the Riddler trophy things seem to be really hard. What's with all the Riddler discs that you have to stand on. Everytime I see and stand on one, nothing (that I can see) seems to happen.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 969
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 31/12/2011 10:16:05 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I got this for Christmas and after completing Arkham Asylum on Normal, I thought "Hey, let's do this on hard."

Fuck me, it's tricky. It took me ages to do that section at the beginning where you're Bruce Wayne and you have to defeat the Penguin's minions.

Slowly getting back into it now, but I think I may have made an error doing it on Hard. Also, the Riddler trophy things seem to be really hard. What's with all the Riddler discs that you have to stand on. Everytime I see and stand on one, nothing (that I can see) seems to happen.

Don't forget about your FREE DLC costume to download: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Batman-Inc-Batsuit-Skin/124ab6c1-1bb9-4a13-938e-1c1c0f49a357Batman Inc.

You can wear this in the main game without having to complete the story by using this cheat code:

To unlock this, simply press the following combination on the Main Menu screen (after you have selected your save slot): - Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down.

Sounds like you should just put it to easy. I don't think there's an achievement for doing it on hard anyway.

Regarding the "Riddler discs" I assume you are talking about the pressure pads. They are basically switches. For example if your on a pressure pad it will either unlock something for example there is a puzzle in front of the Courthouse on the rooftop. You have to stand on a pressure pad which will open the lock on the Riddle in front of you. You'd then have to batclaw the riddle to pick it up whilst staying on the pressure pad. Another example are puzzles where you have more than one pressure pad. You usually have to land on the next one without touching the ground. Keep doing that and again chances are you will see a riddler trophy it will unlock.

As the last game some of the riddles will be easier with items you get latter in the game. So I'd play through a bit before attempting to get them all. You return to areas multiple times anyway. Grab the ones you can and worry about the rest latter.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 31/12/2011 10:19:31 AM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 970
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 2/1/2012 9:53:35 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Sounds like you should just put it to easy. I don't think there's an achievement for doing it on hard anyway.

I think it's too late now.

I don't think you can change the difficulty once you're in-game.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 971
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 2/1/2012 10:27:52 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Just got it too for xmas and it is a cracker. i think im near the end of the main campaign in wonder tower. Havent been bothering with side missions much and I am abysmal at combat with multiple enemies- can barely get a combo above 12 max!

Brilliant game play though. And Talias ass, omfg.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 972
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 2/1/2012 11:30:25 PM   
rich

Combos are not too hard once you realise that dodging or flipping over them doesnt break the chain. Multiple guys often require multiple counters - you can hit the counter button as many times as there are "sense" things above them, there are never more than 3 at once in a fight.

Riddler pressure things are so bad once you figure them out, some are sequential, some need to be hit without touching the ground once you start, others need certain items to get around that you wont have yet. It's just a case of messing around and seeing what works.

< Message edited by rich -- 2/1/2012 11:32:51 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 973
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 3/1/2012 10:25:37 AM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Brilliant game play though. And Talias ass, omfg.

I have one Riddler trophy to get for the 100% and I cannot do it. It's one where you have to blow six bulbs. You place explosive gel on three, detonate then batarang the lower three, But I always manage to balls it up and then fly into a fit of rage.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 974
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 3/1/2012 12:33:26 PM   
rich

God the worst is that one by the docks with 4 inside a cage thing, trying to land inside in one and swoop back around again 

Meanwhile...

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 975
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 3/1/2012 1:00:17 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

God the worst is that one by the docks with 4 inside a cage thing, trying to land inside in one and swoop back around again 

Agreed - this one did my head in for ages before I got it largely by fluke!  Ti, the best advice I can give you with regard to the Riddler trophies is to ignore them until the main storyline is over and you have all the gadgets.  Also, use the detective vision to trace power cables etc if the solution isn't obvious from the start.

jc - use the gel on the lower three instead, then stand facing the middle one in the top row.  As soon as you detonate all three below, quick tap for batarangs and you should get this one easy enough.

Kumar - I learned the hard way that this is not a game for button mashing, you have to make every press count.  And watch out for counterattacks.  As rich says, an easy way to build up a good combo is to jump over the head of the attacker, smack them once or twice and repeat.  On the challenge screens you can easily build up 50+ combos this way.

WWLD?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 976
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 3/1/2012 1:25:54 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

Agreed - this one did my head in for ages before I got it largely by fluke!  Ti, the best advice I can give you with regard to the Riddler trophies is to ignore them until the main storyline is over and you have all the gadgets.  Also, use the detective vision to trace power cables etc if the solution isn't obvious from the start.

That one was a right pain. I found it best to dive bomb. On that note, have you done any of the 'test your strength' ones, where you have to dive bomb to get the trophy? I found that out by accident.

quote:

jc - use the gel on the lower three instead, then stand facing the middle one in the top row.  As soon as you detonate all three below, quick tap for batarangs and you should get this one easy enough.

I shall try that later and report back

quote:

Kumar - I learned the hard way that this is not a game for button mashing, you have to make every press count.  And watch out for counterattacks.  As rich says, an easy way to build up a good combo is to jump over the head of the attacker, smack them once or twice and repeat.  On the challenge screens you can easily build up 50+ combos this way.

I got a 200+ combo on the most recent challenge map DLC (Penguin goons in the Iceberg Lounge) so I can vouch for this. I've got a high score of 200k odd.

< Message edited by jcthefirst -- 3/1/2012 1:26:41 PM >

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 977
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 3/1/2012 2:31:51 PM   
MBeard

quote:

quote:

This! I spent an age trying to do this with gel etc before realising it was 6, not 3!

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 978
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 3/1/2012 5:33:41 PM   
SWOTBM

Going for the Plat, the Riddler trophies are soul destroying.  Only positive is that it is easy to keep track of them, unlike the shards in Infamous   Still have to play NG+ but so far the real pain in the ass was the AR and perfect combo 2.0 (best map for this is the survival of the fittest extreme) trophies.  Reckon I should 100% this by the weekend. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 979
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 4/1/2012 1:13:23 PM   
kumar

Finished the main campaign last night and after the struggles of combat with those dicks with Joker, Titan and Mr Hammer, and the fools with the electric sticks it was a bit anti climatic. Plus, the last boss was relatively easy.

Still I got to see Talias ass again. I thought the ending was pretty original and there was a definite WTF moment nearer to the end. I rate this game so much, game play, story, effects were all fantastic. Im looking forward to the next one(?) which hopefully will include some Batmobile driving which I really missed this time!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 980
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 6/1/2012 9:08:43 AM   
Timon

Right, restarted on Normal. Hard was just...too hard. Any battle with more than 6 goons saw me got my ass handed to me.

Playing on Normal now almost seems to easy though...

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 981
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 6/1/2012 9:12:55 AM   
jcthefirst

I started New Game+ recently, and my goodness it is hard. No counter prompt is the hardest part, especially in a large group when you can't see that guy twatting you with a pipe until he twats you with a pipe.

Although I am playing it as Animated Batman which makes it more fun.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 982
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 6/1/2012 9:22:48 AM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I started New Game+ recently, and my goodness it is hard. No counter prompt is the hardest part, especially in a large group when you can't see that guy twatting you with a pipe until he twats you with a pipe.

I thought it was relatively easy. I normally piece my combos together using evade, meaning I rarely use counter and the goons can't quite get close enough to make it an issue.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 983
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 7/1/2012 1:34:33 AM   
SWOTBM

Aaaaaaand Platinum   Only a couple of bits were annoying- AR challenges and the Predator missions/campaigns being lowlights.  Plus the 400 Riddles was a grind. 

I will say though that a positive of doing those riddles was the character backstories and, much like Arkham Asylum, it shows that the devs have really immersed themselves in the Batman universe.  Another moment which was actually quite emotional was the paying your respects trophy- the lack of dialogue and the touching music was so jarring compared to the rest of the chaos in Arkham City.  Also, I was surprised at how dark the game got when I had to go on the Calender Man ''dates'', a chill went down my spine when he recounted the Valentine and April Fool's day tales- had me thinking of The Long Halloween.  

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 984
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 7/1/2012 4:29:43 AM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Aaaaaaand Platinum   Only a couple of bits were annoying- AR challenges and the Predator missions/campaigns being lowlights.  Plus the 400 Riddles was a grind. 

I will say though that a positive of doing those riddles was the character backstories and, much like Arkham Asylum, it shows that the devs have really immersed themselves in the Batman universe.  Another moment which was actually quite emotional was the paying your respects trophy- the lack of dialogue and the touching music was so jarring compared to the rest of the chaos in Arkham City.  Also, I was surprised at how dark the game got when I had to go on the Calender Man ''dates'', a chill went down my spine when he recounted the Valentine and April Fool's day tales- had me thinking of The Long Halloween.  

You are a cheat. Your platinum means nothing.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 985
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 7/1/2012 11:54:52 AM   
SWOTBM

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 7/1/2012 11:55:24 AM >

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 986
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 7/1/2012 1:06:56 PM   
jcthefirst

Bugger! I forgot about those Calendar Man dates. Can you just go back and do them afterwards, or would I have to change the date on my xbox?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 987
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 7/1/2012 2:13:28 PM   
rich

Yeah I have forgotten all of them since it was released, not sure how the internal clock works

Meanwhile...

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 988
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 7/1/2012 11:30:09 PM   
sharkboy

Go into system settings on the xbox, select date and time, then simply change to the date required.  You'll have to disconnect from the network first, otherwise it'll update to the correct time/date.  Then visit calendar man on each date, leave the building, set the next time and repeat.

WWLD?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 989
RE: Batman: Arkham City - 7/1/2012 11:43:42 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I got a 200+ combo on the most recent challenge map DLC (Penguin goons in the Iceberg Lounge) so I can vouch for this. I've got a high score of 200k odd.

Ok, I get that and calmed down a bit but still solid.I went back to the steel mill trying to solve the puzzles and ended up in a room full of jokers clowns- one with armour about 15 all together and they went running for the guns. The evade bit is self explanatory, but no sooner have i thrown one or two punches a motherfucker is shooting me. Took me bloody ages to do that part- just to get out of the steel mill.

Also, these riddles are pissing me off. Do I have to solve them all before I rescue the hostages? The number of times ive made my way across the city to the marker to find the Riddler Room only to jump around the ground hoping for a door to magically open is unreal- and these riddles never seem to stop.

I met Azreal and that was pretty cool. I was dicking about pressing L2 to solve riddles I thought I caught a glimpse of him- he was stood in the distance on the top of the ferris wheel just stood staring at me. I thought Bane was a bit of a sissy.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 990
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Batman : Arkham City Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI