Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style Page: <<   < prev  57 58 59 60 [61]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/1/2013 7:41:20 PM   
talpacino

She has that overgrown child look about her but yeah...

I don't eat
I don't sleep
etc.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 10/1/2013 7:42:12 PM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 1801
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/1/2013 7:42:46 PM   
horribleives

I'm only up to series 2 but it was the Troy's birthday one when she spends half the episode speaking in a southern accent which made me realise why she makes men go all funny. She's bloody funny as well.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 10/1/2013 7:43:40 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 1802
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/1/2013 7:45:53 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

She has that overgrown child look about her but yeah...

I don't eat
I don't sleep
etc.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1803
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/1/2013 7:51:01 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I'd post another, but I'd feel like I was turning into vad3r.

I'm half expecting him to arrive here and try and burn me as a witch!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1804
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/1/2013 9:01:05 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

I didn’t get Alison Brie’s appeal (well I got it) but I wasn’t personally attracted and then during the third series something worked. I think it was during Virtual Systems Analysis. Still I prefer Gillian.

Me too.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 1805
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 3/2/2013 1:56:52 PM   
Harley Quinn

I don't like Tim Burton films. In the last few weeks I've tried to sit through, Edward Scissorhands, Dark Shadows and Ed Wood. Lost all interest in them all and switched them off.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 1806
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/2/2013 11:33:34 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Not a fan of Stephen Fry.I find him quite annoying.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 1807
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 15/11/2013 1:44:50 AM   
horribleives

Not sure if this an unpopular opinion these days (it was 20 years ago when people were more willing to buy into any old conspiracy theory) but having watched and read loads of stuff about Kennedy's assassination the last few days, it's quite clear that the only conclusion with any weight behind it is that Oswald was a lone gunman. It's rather quaint to think how I bought into all the speculation, half-truth and outright lies peddled in Oliver Stone's JFK back when I was a silly teenager (though if you think of it as a kind of purely fictional, alternate reality 'what if?' sort of story it's still a pretty awesome film). Oliver Stone - shite historian, fantastic director.*

*Well, in 1991 he was, anyway.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 15/11/2013 1:48:28 AM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1808
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 18/11/2013 9:45:31 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Not sure if this an unpopular opinion these days (it was 20 years ago when people were more willing to buy into any old conspiracy theory) but having watched and read loads of stuff about Kennedy's assassination the last few days, it's quite clear that the only conclusion with any weight behind it is that Oswald was a lone gunman. It's rather quaint to think how I bought into all the speculation, half-truth and outright lies peddled in Oliver Stone's JFK back when I was a silly teenager (though if you think of it as a kind of purely fictional, alternate reality 'what if?' sort of story it's still a pretty awesome film). Oliver Stone - shite historian, fantastic director.*

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I still think that the Warren Report is a seriously flawed document, and even that Oswald had a pretty dodgy past, but about 10 years or so ago I watched a programme that disproved the "magic bullet" theory so completely that it made me wonder just how much of the other central strands of the conspiracy were, to put it mildly, bobbins. Occam's Razor can be a pretty clarifying approach to take on these things

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1809
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 18/11/2013 4:08:31 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I still think that the Warren Report is a seriously flawed document, and even that Oswald had a pretty dodgy past, but about 10 years or so ago I watched a programme that disproved the "magic bullet" theory so completely that it made me wonder just how much of the other central strands of the conspiracy were, to put it mildly, bobbins. Occam's Razor can be a pretty clarifying approach to take on these things

Aye, I just got around to seeing that for the first time - JFK: Beyond Conspiracy, it was originally on BBC2 during the 40th anniversary. As well as annihilating the magic bullet theory, it disproves completely the other two claims that form a huge part of the conspiracy argument: that Oswald couldn't have fired three shots in 5 seconds (he could, and it was closer to 8 seconds anyway) and the fatal head-shot could only have came from in front (countless ballistics experts have proved otherwise). And as for Oswald himself and Jack Ruby - they're just about the last people on earth any self-respecting Cuban revolutionary/CIA operative/Mafia boss would involve in a plan of such magnitude. Read a lot about the Jim Garrison case against Clay Shaw too - Shaw may well have been something of a shady operator but the evidence against him was laughable with no basis whatsoever in, y'know, facts. Even at the time the whole thing was treated as a debacle and Garrison generally regarded as an untrustworthy, delusional megalomaniac and how someone as bright as Oliver Stone was taken in by the discredited bullshit in his book beggars belief.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1810
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 59 60 [61]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style Page: <<   < prev  57 58 59 60 [61]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI