Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 8/10/2011 8:29:20 PM   
Deviation

South Park is the worst of all the shows here. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1651
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 8/10/2011 8:32:50 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

South Park is the worst of all the shows here. 

No.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1652
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 1:12:44 AM   
gazpop

Go with me.............
Family Guy = Jimmy Carr
Futurama = Bill Bailey
Simpsons = Bill Hicks
American Dad = Eddie Izzard
South Park = all of the above

WHO'S WITH ME????

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1653
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 2:08:47 AM   
paul_ie86

The Simpsons 3-10>Futurama 1-4>South Park>Seth McFarlanes's stuff

The Simpsons post series about 12-13 isn't even worth talking about. The Futurama specials suck, no doubt about that but I liked parts of season 6. South Park hit it's peak a few years ago but is still able to knock it out of the park on its day. Like Olaf said, Family Guy has terrible since the renewal apart from a few episodes. Never liked American Dad. The Cleaveland Show should never have existed (Apart from the theme song I like that).

< Message edited by paul_ie86 -- 9/10/2011 2:18:19 AM >

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 1654
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 2:10:51 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Yeah, I agree with this. Although I'd throw The Boondocks in between Simpsons and Futurama.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 1655
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 4:17:58 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

Go with me.............
Family Guy = Jimmy Carr
Futurama = Bill Bailey
Simpsons = Bill Hicks
American Dad = Eddie Izzard
South Park = all of the above

WHO'S WITH ME????

Almost but I would put Izzard as either South Park or maybe Family Guy. They're more his brand of intelligent and surreal humour and also because he's a hero of mine and I think putting him alongside American Dad is an insult. I'd make Jimmy Carr = American Dad

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 1656
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 10:26:08 AM   
gazpop

But Family guy is joke after joke after joke after joke ad inf. Hence Carr. Ok, so if Izzard is South Park, and I think ur right on that, who's gonna give us the American Dad? (assuming I overrule you on the Family Guy one)
Who's that naughty scottish comic? Always gettin in trouble? Bald with glasses? Looks like a proclaimer?

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1657
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 10:28:58 AM   
superdan

quote:

I'd agree with this. South Park seems to alternate between brilliant and shite with each show, and Family Guy should have stayed cancelled. In fact, the number South Park did on Family Guy, with Cartman pointing out that it's basically just the same jokes repeated over and over again was right on the money.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 1658
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 10:36:17 AM   
Deviation

Simpsons 3-10>Futurama 1-4=The Boondocks>Some South Park episodes>Family Guy and American Dad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OMG  SRS POLITICAL SOUTH PARK AND OMG SRS POP CULTURE COMMENTARY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Inception episode South Park, also known as the worst thing I've ever seen on TV.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 9/10/2011 10:37:05 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1659
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 10:48:16 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

But Family guy is joke after joke after joke after joke ad inf. Hence Carr. Ok, so if Izzard is South Park, and I think ur right on that, who's gonna give us the American Dad? (assuming I overrule you on the Family Guy one)
Who's that naughty scottish comic? Always gettin in trouble? Bald with glasses? Looks like a proclaimer?

Frankie Boyle?

That's me that is!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 1660
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 11:14:08 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I'd agree with this. South Park seems to alternate between brilliant and shite with each show, and Family Guy should have stayed cancelled. In fact, the number South Park did on Family Guy, with Cartman pointing out that it's basically just the same jokes repeated over and over again was right on the money.

I'd rather watch a show that repeats a joke than one that's spent 14 years trying to come up with one.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1661
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 11:26:39 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

I'd rather watch a show that repeats a joke than one that's spent 14 years trying to come up with one.

I always felt that South Park was pretty weak when it first came out, gimmicky and full of catchphrase-type rubbish. But after the film came out (which I thought was funny as fuck) they seemed to shake off the shackles and came up with some really good stuff - the Scott Tenorman Must Die episode (where Cartman feeds a kid his own parents as revenge for conning him to buy his pubes) for example is a work of inspired genius in my opinion. It misses as much as it hits these days, and some characters are beyond annoying, but it beats the hell out of the "This reminds me of that time when..." joke that Family Guy is built on.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1662
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 11:35:03 AM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I always felt that South Park was pretty weak when it first came out, gimmicky and full of catchphrase-type rubbish. But after the film came out (which I thought was funny as fuck) they seemed to shake off the shackles and came up with some really good stuff - the Scott Tenorman Must Die episode (where Cartman feeds a kid his own parents as revenge for conning him to buy his pubes) for example is a work of inspired genius in my opinion. It misses as much as it hits these days, and some characters are beyond annoying, but it beats the hell out of the "This reminds me of that time when..." joke that Family Guy is built on.

It's hardly built on it though, it only happens about four times per episode. And if it's funny (which I think it is) who cares?
I think I'm in a minoroty about South Park though - virtually everyone I know seems to love it but I've watched hundreds of episodes and I seriously don't think I've laughed once.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1663
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 6:50:00 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

It's hardly built on it though, it only happens about four times per episode. And if it's funny (which I think it is) who cares?
I think I'm in a minority about South Park though - virtually everyone I know seems to love it but I've watched hundreds of episodes and I seriously don't think I've laughed once.

Same here.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1664
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 6:52:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

South Park isn't always great - but it at least aims for something. And even in episodes which aren't a laugh riot, I enjoy it.

Stan Marsh and Butters are amazing characters.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1665
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 6:52:52 PM   
Rgirvan44

Also -

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1666
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 6:53:17 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

I think I'm in a minority about South Park though - virtually everyone I know seems to love it but I've watched hundreds of episodes and I seriously don't think I've laughed once.

Same here.

The pair of you suck balls!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1667
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 10:06:58 PM   
DazDaMan

The last time I watched South Park, it was an episode taking the piss out of Twilight. It was pretty good, but I've not really watched it for years, despite being a big fan when it first started out.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1668
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 10:43:17 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

South Park isn't always great - but it at least aims for something. And even in episodes which aren't a laugh riot, I enjoy it.

This ^

And Eric Cartman is the greatest cartoon creation is history.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1669
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 9/10/2011 10:47:57 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

This ^

You know what, writing-wise I actually like it, and when I hear mates laughing and talking about particular episodes it sometimes even makes me laugh, it's just the animation and voices that do nowt for me and I've never been able to get past that.
King Of The Hill, now, that's an undervalued gem.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1670
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/10/2011 1:57:36 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

This ^

All of this!

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1671
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/10/2011 8:01:52 AM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

Simpsons > > > South Park > Futurama > shitty everything else

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 1672
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/10/2011 9:45:41 AM   
DazDaMan

Family Guy should do more spoofs of popular movies.

Their Star Wars trilogy is brilliant.

"Petergeist" was hilarious

The episode "Three Kings" was spot on, too. Just loved the Stand By Me pisstake. "Fuck that!"

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 1673
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/10/2011 9:48:14 AM   
Snake-Eyes

*I like the new AV, Daz

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 1674
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/10/2011 9:48:58 AM   
DazDaMan

Thought you might appreciate it!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1675
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/10/2011 3:25:23 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Same here.

Chocolate Salty ones at that.

South Park post season 3 is a completely different show.

It now tackles serious subjects and actually uses the the adults of South Park as a reflection on the American publics stupidity. It is sometimes extremely clever and works past its cartoon origins.

Although some episodes are not always rip roaringly funny, you know that you are never far away from one that either is brilliantly comical or insanely intelligent.

And the animation of it, adds to the charm IMO.

I used to be a huge Simpsons fan and even enjoy the new episodes (that have shown some good form of late after a sever dip) but I think that South Park aims for so much more and therefore makes it a superior show.

< Message edited by Sledge Hammer -- 10/10/2011 3:29:03 PM >

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1676
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 10/10/2011 4:11:48 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Same here.

Chocolate Salty ones at that.

South Park post season 3 is a completely different show.

It now tackles serious subjects and actually uses the the adults of South Park as a reflection on the American publics stupidity. It is sometimes extremely clever and works past its cartoon origins.

Although some episodes are not always rip roaringly funny, you know that you are never far away from one that either is brilliantly comical or insanely intelligent.

And the animation of it, adds to the charm IMO.

I used to be a huge Simpsons fan and even enjoy the new episodes (that have shown some good form of late after a sever dip) but I think that South Park aims for so much more and therefore makes it a superior show.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 1677
YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 18/1/2012 7:30:22 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Again... I'm probably part of a tiny minority here but I am completely lost as to what all the fuss is about this Benedict Cumberbatch bloke. I tried to watch an episode of this 'Sherlock' series and it was singularly bland.  The man has no screen presence at all. He's like another Colin Firth - just boring.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1678
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 24/1/2012 4:50:14 PM   
gazpop

Now this is one sure to be unpopular. I watched Drive a few weeks ago, at the flicks, and.....er.....I liked it? But film of the year? Not for me. Gosling's character was cool as fuck. But I didn't really mind that much that it all goes tits-up. I'm not going down the style over substance route; I know it needs (derserves?) a second watching at the least. And maybe I had too many expectations. But, well, you know..............not exactly 'meh', but slightly 'meh-ish'?
Am I alone in this? I guess I might well be. I'm not trying to be intentionally divisive, really I'm not. Can someone please weigh in with their opinions on Drive? Thank you....

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1679
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 25/2/2012 10:35:50 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

American Dad has been better than Family Guy for a helluva long time now

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 1680
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI