Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 10:39:26 PM   
Stewie_Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

Idiot.

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Welcome to Sesame Street, kids. Today's word is "Expiation"

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 61
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 10:46:43 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baby Bear

Assless chaps.

This years must have wardrobe accessory..............

I wish I was an assless chap. My ass is plentiful unfortunately.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals

Pepsi beats Coca Cola.

Oh and Squiddy,regardless of what i think of your opinions, nobody calls baby bear an idiot. No one.

Yeah!!!!

Nobody puts Baby Bear in the corner!

I was thinking that exact thing! Damn it.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 62
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 10:52:55 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

But seriously - I believe a universal student allowance is a bad thing. Do you have a universal student allowance in the UK? We don't here, and the amount of 'student representatives' who call for it when it's absolutely not the best thing they could call for (more funding for universities and higher student allowance thresholds, sure, but not a universal student allowance).

Thats a good one pigeon, in scotland every student has their fees paid for them... rich folk dont need there fees paid - give the money to the poor folk who cant afford to go to uni without killing themselves working all hours!

And while we're at it, lets make rich pensioners pay for their prescriptions.  2 tier systems-Fun for all the classes!

It's a very simple system: Either everyone should have it or no-one should.

Cant say I agree with that.  Yes to a certain extent there should a minimum that everyone is entitled to, but theres nothing wrong with a two-tier system if it narrows the wealth gap.

And no, I dont think rich pensioners should have their prescriptions paid for them... but then that may be my unpopular opinion

It levels the playing field in terms of quality of education too; hypothetically, if there was a wealth threshold on fees, rich folks could afford to pack off their kids to a privately funded university which may charge higher rates.  That could lead to a brain drain from the other universities when top lecturers see they could be earning more.  Having tuition paid for eliminates that option, as people will think "why pay when the government does"?

And the pensioners thing is in retrospect a bad example.  But kudos for sticking to your guns.

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 63
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 11:29:22 PM   
krudler

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gay pride parades make gay people in general look like perverts and that they're obsessed with sex.

I'm not gay and I'm not homophobic, in case anyone is wondering.

You kind of are homophobic if that's what you think. Also, explain how it makes them look like 'perverts'?

By calling it a "gay pride parade", it gives the uninformed (and potential homophobics) the impression that all gays are into kinky sex, and always wear black leather and those weird belt things, and have sex all the time with no time for anything else, and go around the streets fucking and sucking anyone and everyone. This is clearly not the case, but this is the message these kinds of exhibitions convey.

If only it wasn't called "gay pride", then it could just be an outlet for people of whichever sexual preference who have an interest in all things kinky and perverted. "We're kinky and we're proud."

Is there a Sodomy Pride parade?

#

You've never actually seen a gay pride parade have you? its nothing like you described, there was on in my town during the summer and it went right through the street that my flat overlooks, it looked like great fun and a few of my friends marched in it.

Heres a crazy idea, not every gay person is a cock obsessed screaming queen, there are plenty of gay people who are happy to have a normal relationship with someone else and dont spend all their time cuddling up with big guys named Ivan in club toilets at the weekend

I really wish you'd stay around this thread because your views on movies and video games are mental enough to make me chuckle (crash bandicoot is the best game character ever? fuck right off!) so christ knows what gems of opinions you'll unleash in here

quote:

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 64
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 11:38:00 PM   
krudler

On the subject of gay, it annoys me that most gay comedians (Graham Norton, Alan Carr etc) seem to base their entire act on just how gay they are, straight comedians have plenty more material than about how they love women but Norton and Carr need to ram it down our throats (oooooh matron!) about just how screaming they can be, they can be both very funny but the cheeky self deprecating humour about being gay can weaken their acts not strenghten it, not a problem to work it into the act a bit but it gets tiresome with every sentence being a double entrendre or dig at their own sexuality 

quote:

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 65
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 11:57:13 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

On the subject of gay, it annoys me that most gay comedians (Graham Norton, Alan Carr etc) seem to base their entire act on just how gay they are, straight comedians have plenty more material than about how they love women but Norton and Carr need to ram it down our throats (oooooh matron!) about just how screaming they can be, they can be both very funny but the cheeky self deprecating humour about being gay can weaken their acts not strenghten it, not a problem to work it into the act a bit but it gets tiresome with every sentence being a double entrendre or dig at their own sexuality†

It's a comic tradition though, stemming from the fact that in the days when you couldn't say openly you were gay, you acted camply and hinted at it because it made it more palatable, alot of comedians did it and it was successful. So they are just followers of that comic tradition.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 66
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 12:01:32 AM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

On the subject of gay, it annoys me that most gay comedians (Graham Norton, Alan Carr etc) seem to base their entire act on just how gay they are, straight comedians have plenty more material than about how they love women but Norton and Carr need to ram it down our throats (oooooh matron!) about just how screaming they can be, they can be both very funny but the cheeky self deprecating humour about being gay can weaken their acts not strenghten it, not a problem to work it into the act a bit but it gets tiresome with every sentence being a double entrendre or dig at their own sexuality 

It's a comic tradition though, stemming from the fact that in the days when you couldn't say openly you were gay, you acted camply and hinted at it because it made it more palatable, alot of comedians did it and it was successful. So they are just followers of that comic tradition.

True, its ironic that a lot of comedians or comic actors from say the 70s like the carry on crew or Mr Humphries from Are you being served? (forget the actors name) were more "acceptable" as they were the non threatening "oooh matron!" campy gay even though the audience at the time was probably a lot less accepting of actual gay culture

quote:

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 67
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 12:07:25 AM   
krudler

And on the subject of comedians, I've never found any female comedians (comediennes?) that funny, can be good comic actors but the standup routines are nearly all the same material , its hard to name one female comedian whose routine doesnt consist of jokes about periods,babies,how useless their current/ex husband is or just how crap men in general are

quote:

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 68
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 12:18:39 AM   
Baby Bear

You work with what you know.......................

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 69
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 7:58:16 AM   
krudler

Well yeah but male comedians' routines dont all consist of beer, football and shagging, most female comedians are awful, Joan Rivers, Sarah Silverman, Maeve *shudder* Higgins...

quote:

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 70
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 9:45:49 AM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Nihilists are not nazis.

That's more a statement of fact rather than an unpopular opinion, pretty much like stating Nazism isn't exactly Facism.

Claudia Winkleman is hot...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 71
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 9:53:08 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Sprouts rock!  Best veg in the world.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 72
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 9:55:19 AM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Finally an unpopular opinion I can comment on.

You are so wrong, HL

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 73
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 9:56:44 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

quote:

You are so wrong, HL

I half agree - sprouts do indeed rock, but there are better vegetables. Like the parsnip.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 74
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 9:58:11 AM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

quote:

You are so wrong, HL

I half agree - sprouts do indeed rock, but there are better vegetables. Like the parsnip.

Parsnips are grown from the devil's anus, which is why they taste so fucking horrible. Sprouts rule.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 75
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 10:00:12 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Sprouts and parsnips are blood brothers. They deserve to share equal space on the festive plate. Parsnips have to roasted in the same tray as the bird you're cooking though, along with the roast potatoes.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 76
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 10:01:10 AM   
Bubba

Michael Bolton rocks.

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I donít condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 77
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 10:02:28 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Sprouts and parsnips are blood brothers.

How dare you!  They are not worthy to sit at the same table let alone plate as sprouts. 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 78
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 10:03:47 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Thongs are not sexy. It feels like you've got a constant wedgie wearing 'em

Oh and brussel sprouts are horrid

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Post #: 79
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 10:04:23 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Like some forbidden love, the Romeo and Juliet of festive vegetables.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 80
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 10:16:37 AM   
Baby Bear

* claps *

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

Post #: 81
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 10:45:04 AM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Thongs are not sexy. It feels like you've got a constant wedgie wearing 'em

Oh and brussel sprouts are horrid

As a guy I dont find them very sexy to look at either, french cut knickers are great through

quote:

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 82
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 10:52:20 AM   
kathryn2

quote:

Well yeah but male comedians' routines dont all consist of beer, football and shagging,

Apart from Frank Skinner and David Baddiel.

I don't find Sarah Silverman's stand up funny, but I recently watched 'I'm fucking Matt Damon'
on youtube and it's hilarious! And really catchy - couldn't get it out of my head for days.

To be honest I don't think there are many really funny stand-ups around at the moment - it seems to be in a bit of a lull as a genre. We need some fresh blood on the scene.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 83
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 11:09:22 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bubba

Michael Bolton rocks.

Of course he does, grandma!

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 84
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 11:30:18 AM   
Peppermint

quote:

Sprouts and parsnips are blood brothers. They deserve to share equal space on the festive plate. Parsnips have to roasted in the same tray as the bird you're cooking though, along with the roast potatoes.

This is only partly correct.

Parsnips = lovely

Sprouts =

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

Post #: 85
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 12:08:55 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Michael Bolton should have rocks thrown at him for being so awful.

Corrected it for you Bubbs

Oh, and sprouts rule!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 86
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 12:34:30 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I hate Winnipeg.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 87
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 12:41:00 PM   
Tech_Noir

If there are any Indian posters here, ringhan-shack is quite nice.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 88
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 12:43:51 PM   
Bubba

quote:

Of course he does, grandma!

Hey I'm not old!

*pouts*

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliamMunny

quote:

Michael Bolton should have rocks thrown at him for being so awful.

Corrected it for you Bubbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

I hate Winnipeg.

You hate me?

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I donít condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 89
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 1/12/2008 1:08:32 PM   
Deviation

I can't stand onions and mushrooms. And olives.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI