Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:25:17 PM   
kathryn2

Anyone who has to say 'I'm not homophobic' after talking about gay people has made an idiot of themselves.

Ditto, 'I'm not racist'.

The only exception is when someone has actually been misquoted, or had what they said taken completely out of context by the press.

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 31
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:25:37 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

Gay pride parades make gay people in general look like perverts and that they're obsessed with sex.

I'm not gay and I'm not homophobic, in case anyone is wondering.

You kind of are homophobic if that's what you think. Also, explain how it makes them look like 'perverts'?

OK, having actually been to Gay Pride down in Brighton (top laugh by the way, well worth a visit) I would say that the long queues for the portaloos were a bit out of the ordinary (compared to "normal" festivals") and it's not like people were being selfish, quite often two people would use the same toilet at the same time...

Also I do have to say that living in Bristol and the reaction that one "Gay Rights" group had to the idea that the council was going to clearing scrub and bushes from the Clifton Downs (a public park for those that don't know), has caused me to wonder about being homophobic sometimes, after all I agree with the council, bushes should be cleared if people are going to be fucking in them irrespective of their sexuality, but apparantly wanting to stop people picking up strangers and fucking them in park bushes is "homophobic" and all

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 32
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:29:01 PM   
Baby Bear

Squiddy, Squiddy, Squiddy.................

* Baby Bear shakes her head slowly. Across her face is the dawning realisation that he gets off on being obverse *

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 33
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:29:52 PM   
the anomaly

EVERYONE should give me 1 everyday. You would not even miss it. It would just be one less unhealthy snack for you to chomp down on. Give up the large Mc D's and just get a normal one each day. It's all I ask.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 34
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:32:47 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gay pride parades make gay people in general look like perverts and that they're obsessed with sex.

You kind of are homophobic if that's what you think. Also, explain how it makes them look like 'perverts'?

By calling it a "gay pride parade", it gives the uninformed (and potential homophobics) the impression that all gays are into kinky sex, and always wear black leather and those weird belt things, and have sex all the time with no time for anything else, and go around the streets fucking and sucking anyone and everyone. This is clearly not the case, but this is the message these kinds of exhibitions convey.

If only it wasn't called "gay pride", then it could just be an outlet for people of whichever sexual preference who have an interest in all things kinky and perverted. "We're kinky and we're proud."

Is there a Sodomy Pride parade?

I've seen a few gay rights parades in my time and have never witnessed the debauchery you are talking about.

The problem is with the homophobes, not with the 'kinky' gay people.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

Post #: 35
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:37:43 PM   
kathryn2

quote:

By calling it a "gay pride parade", it gives the uninformed (and potential homophobics) the impression that all gays are into kinky sex, and always wear black leather and those weird belt things, and have sex all the time with no time for anything else, and go around the streets fucking and sucking anyone and everyone. This is clearly not the case, but this is the message these kinds of exhibitions convey.

If only it wasn't called "gay pride", then it could just be an outlet for people of whichever sexual preference who have an interest in all things kinky and perverted. "We're kinky and we're proud."

Is there a Sodomy Pride parade?

Funnily enough I was in London on gay pride day this year, and I didn't see anyone wearing black leather or engaging in kinky sex. I was so dissapointed! Did see a few people in fancy dress in the evening, but it turned out they were groups out for hen and stag nights. Disgraceful!

Edit: Actually Squid, I think you might have confused Gay Pride with Leather pride
http://www.samesame.com.au/news/local/2966/Melbourne-Leather-Pride-Begins.htm

< Message edited by kathryn2 -- 30/11/2008 1:49:51 PM >

Post #: 36
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:42:38 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Getting drunk is way overrated, or maybe i'm just gettin old. Oh yeah, and animals are better than people

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 37
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:43:26 PM   
Baby Bear

quote:

all gays are into kinky sex, and always wear black leather and those weird belt things, and have sex all the time with no time for anything else, and go around the streets fucking and sucking anyone and everyone.

* Baby Bear clears next years calender because this all sounds like fun *

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Post #: 38
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:44:10 PM   
Stillwater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

But seriously - I believe a universal student allowance is a bad thing. Do you have a universal student allowance in the UK? We don't here, and the amount of 'student representatives' who call for it when it's absolutely not the best thing they could call for (more funding for universities and higher student allowance thresholds, sure, but not a universal student allowance).

Thats a good one pigeon, in scotland every student has their fees paid for them... rich folk dont need there fees paid - give the money to the poor folk who cant afford to go to uni without killing themselves working all hours!

And while we're at it, lets make rich pensioners pay for their prescriptions.  2 tier systems-Fun for all the classes!

It's a very simple system: Either everyone should have it or no-one should.

Cant say I agree with that.  Yes to a certain extent there should a minimum that everyone is entitled to, but theres nothing wrong with a two-tier system if it narrows the wealth gap.

And no, I dont think rich pensioners should have their prescriptions paid for them... but then that may be my unpopular opinion

Forum Innuendo Champion 2009

"great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love..."

" There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 39
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:46:37 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baby Bear

quote:

all gays are into kinky sex, and always wear black leather and those weird belt things, and have sex all the time with no time for anything else, and go around the streets fucking and sucking anyone and everyone.

Idiot.

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 40
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:47:35 PM   
Baby Bear

What? You made me gay by giving me the heads up on this!

lympo :

Post #: 41
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:51:54 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

quote:

quote:

Idiot.

Someone's asking for an asskicking!

Post #: 42
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:53:03 PM   
kathryn2

quote:

What? You made me gay by giving me the heads up on this!

LMFAO!

Just remember to pack your strap-on...

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 43
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:55:40 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

I'm abandoning this unpopular opinion as of the completion of this post, as it appears to be too unpopular to be heard.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 44
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 1:56:25 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

I'm abandoning this unpopular opinion as of the completion of this post, as it appears to be too unpopular to be heard.

It's more stupid than unpopular. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!

Post #: 45
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 2:10:44 PM   
Rgirvan44

Squids nightmare

(NSFW - and also a high point in Peter Jacksons career)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ivHwoyIxCxU

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 46
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 2:14:47 PM   
Mikey C

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

quote:

OK, having actually been to Gay Pride down in Brighton (top laugh by the way, well worth a visit) I would say that the long queues for the portaloos were a bit out of the ordinary (compared to "normal" festivals") and it's not like people were being selfish, quite often two people would use the same toilet at the same time...

Also I do have to say that living in Bristol and the reaction that one "Gay Rights" group had to the idea that the council was going to clearing scrub and bushes from the Clifton Downs (a public park for those that don't know), has caused me to wonder about being homophobic sometimes, after all I agree with the council, bushes should be cleared if people are going to be fucking in them irrespective of their sexuality, but apparantly wanting to stop people picking up strangers and fucking them in park bushes is "homophobic" and all

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28491

I don't think it's homophobic to think that acting like some kind of freaky sex-obsessed hedonist is a bit weird, deliberately provocative or not. If I was gay the stereotypical "scene" (as seen in gay bars and at pride events) would alienate and horrify me, as it does a few gay friends of mine.  Hang on, did I just say "some of my friends are gay"? Have I just lost? Goshdarnit.

< Message edited by Mikey C -- 30/11/2008 2:19:44 PM >

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 47
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 2:22:10 PM   
Baby Bear

Assless chaps.

This years must have wardrobe accessory..............

lympo :

(in reply to Mikey C)
Post #: 48
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 2:45:43 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

Ice cream...meh.

Desserts...meh.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 49
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 3:43:15 PM   
Goodfella

Me? Unpopular opinions?

Sorry, I want to be home by Christmas...

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 50
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 3:48:17 PM   
matthewforan

My unpopular opinion is that Empireonline sucks balls it keeps taking all my fecking posts away, i've been at 10000 around 5 times now. Also pages of the Scottish thread keep going away

Anyway Lemon fanta is the best soft drink of course along with Irn Bru from a glass bottle.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 51
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 3:54:34 PM   
kathryn2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mikey C

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28491

I don't think it's homophobic to think that acting like some kind of freaky sex-obsessed hedonist is a bit weird, deliberately provocative or not. If I was gay the stereotypical "scene" (as seen in gay bars and at pride events) would alienate and horrify me, as it does a few gay friends of mine.  Hang on, did I just say "some of my friends are gay"? Have I just lost? Goshdarnit.

I loved this bit:

quote:

The Los Angeles Gay Pride Parade, Thorne noted, is part of a decades-old gay-rights tradition. But, for mainstream heterosexuals unfamiliar with irony and the reclamation of stereotypes for the purpose of exploding them, the parade resembled an invasion of grotesque outer-space mutants, bent on the destruction of the human race.

To answer your point (and Squid's) seriously, anyone who thinks that the gay club/bar scene, or the extravagance of a gay pride parade, is representative of all gay people everywhere needs their head examined. As a straight woman I'm absolutely horrified by the meat-market atmosphere and drug use of the straight club scene, and prefer a good movie or a night in front of the telly. But then no-one tries to define me, or deny me basic human rights, based on what happens in that scene. Well, apart from certain radical religious groups. Nothing made me want to visit Tiger Tiger as much as finding out that someone tried to bomb the place.

No-one looks at the shenanigans some of those stag and hen parties get up to and brands all straight people as freaky sex-obsessed hedonists.

Having walked through Soho at 11.30 pm on the night of gay pride and seen nothing worse than a few couples kissing, I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

< Message edited by kathryn2 -- 30/11/2008 4:00:15 PM >

(in reply to Mikey C)
Post #: 52
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 5:55:38 PM   
Deviation

Nihilists are not nazis.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 53
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 9:28:15 PM   
swordsandsandals

Pepsi beats Coca Cola.

Oh and Squiddy,regardless of what i think of your opinions, nobody calls baby bear an idiot. No one.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 54
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 9:41:14 PM   
moontheloon

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals

Oh and Squiddy,regardless of what i think of your opinions, nobody calls baby bear an idiot. No one.

And That's not an unpopular opinion.

(one of) My unpopular opinion(s). We Should nationalise the Railways and the energy companies...

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 55
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 9:50:16 PM   
Baby Bear

lympo :

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 56
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 9:57:18 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals

Pepsi beats Coca Cola.

Yeah!!!!

Nobody puts Baby Bear in the corner!

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 57
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 10:00:19 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Idiot.

Someone's asking for an asskicking!

Oh. Shit is going to go down after that....

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 58
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 10:04:25 PM   
sam89

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Getting drunk is way overrated, or maybe i'm just gettin old.

I agree, and I'm 19. That probably explains why I never go out

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 59
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style - 30/11/2008 10:25:18 PM   
Baby Bear

* flutters eyelashes............or it just could be a nasty twitch she has............. *

My heroes!

lympo :

(in reply to sam89)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!!! Off Topic Style Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI