Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Black Bond Question

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The Black Bond Question Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 8:07:38 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

Yo, „Blowfeld"! I'mna put a fuckin cap in yor ass! Youknowimsayin? Shiiiit, nigga I'mna fuck you up! Fo shizzle!

Sounds great!

You should have edited it a little more than that! Someone says Black James Bond and this is what you think?

Unreal.

Chiewetel Ejiofor is the only actor around that could pull it off.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 61
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 8:48:22 AM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

Yo, „Blowfeld"! I'mna put a fuckin cap in yor ass! Youknowimsayin? Shiiiit, nigga I'mna fuck you up! Fo shizzle!

Sounds great!

You should have edited it a little more than that! Someone says Black James Bond and this is what you think?

Unreal.

Chiewetel Ejiofor is the only actor around that could pull it off.

He'd be a great choice, had the cool but ruthless thing down pat in Serenity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 62
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 8:50:19 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lydia_H

Bond is a superficial, entirely predictable character that doesn't require great performances. Craig has, apparently, managed to totally reinvent the role/series simply by being blonde and a looking a bit common. I don't think anyone could argue that one day a black actor may be more capable than a white actor because it's not a role that requires much capability anymore. Bond is a decorative character.

Are the benefits of a black Bond even remotely attached to cinema, or is this an excuse to pat ourselves on the back for recognizing we live in a multicultural society? Ever since Obama was elected everyone seems to be going out of their way to approve of black people, like we're trying to avoid war with them or something

You seen In Bruges? Best coked-out-conspiracy-theory ever!

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Lydia_H)
Post #: 63
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 9:02:04 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spengler

I don't see why not. I personally favour the notion that 'James Bond' is an alias, and each one takes over from the last. I get the idea that to work for MI6 as a secret agent you generally have to be about 'the job' 100% of the time, not having any family or really any concerns about how whatever you do and who you get involved with effects anything outside your immediate life.

As directorscut said, this concept is way, way off and it's an idea that Die Another Day director  Lee Tamahori believed as he wanted to try and get Sean Connery in the film as an older Bond.

It just doesn't work as an idea. ALL 007 agents are called James Bond?! Why? To identify them to enemy agents? Are all agents with the prefix 006 get a name change to Alec Trevaleyn? Are all 006s then carefully monitored seeing as the last one turned traitor?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Spengler)
Post #: 64
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 9:14:02 AM   
grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

It just doesn't work as an idea. ALL 007 agents are called James Bond?! Why? To identify them to enemy agents?

Yes, and all of their parents must have died during mountaineering expeditions! It's in the job desciption!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 65
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 9:29:42 AM   
krudler

quote:

Bond is a superficial, entirely predictable character that doesn't require great performances. Craig has, apparently, managed to totally reinvent the role/series simply by being blonde and a looking a bit common. I don't think anyone could argue that one day a black actor may be more capable than a white actor because it's not a role that requires much capability anymore. Bond is a decorative character.

Are the benefits of a black Bond even remotely attached to cinema, or is this an excuse to pat ourselves on the back for recognizing we live in a multicultural society? Ever since Obama was elected everyone seems to be going out of their way to approve of black people, like we're trying to avoid war with them or something

oooh,controversial

quote:

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Lydia_H)
Post #: 66
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 9:37:04 AM   
Bezerker

quote:

ORIGINAL: kasm

Kamara would be "unbelieveable" in the role.

Idris Elba all the way tho' as another 00 in spinoff movies...

Yes. Dj Dris was the first name that came to mind for me too, that would be my favourite thing ever.

Adjourn your asses

(in reply to kasm)
Post #: 67
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 10:30:07 AM   
Monkeyshaver

The idea that some have had that James Bond is a code name is silly! Different actors yes. Different agent with same name, & same taste for martini's, & same one-liners, & same gadgets, & same bloody wife (in OHMSS & FYEO) NO NO NO!
Also since when should 007 represent our multicultural society? If you want to do that in an action movie simply create a new character from an ethnic background rather than the frankly insulting & cheap idea of just giving an existing & established white character an ethnic makeover!

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Bezerker)
Post #: 68
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 11:25:22 AM   
spark1

dalton broadened the 2 dimensional persona of bond in TLD.

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 69
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 1:49:13 PM   
FGT

quote:

“I’d put a little swing in it. A little hip-hop, you know.”

Hoiw cliched and, quite frankly emabbarrassing...I'm black so I'm into hip hop.....sigh

Bond is white...WTF has Barack Obama got to do with the casting of films anyway?
What's next....a white Mr Tibbs?

What would Dexter do?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 70
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 2:44:45 PM   
Lydia_H

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

quote:

oooh,controversial

Hehe, krudler's annoyed

I'm hot like Pol Pot. Squeeze me.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 71
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 3:13:29 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

Sounds great!

Jesus fucking christ! Do you have any notion of what racism is? Glad no one is paying the mods.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 72
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 3:15:27 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

Bond is a superficial, entirely predictable character

Oh no he isn't.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Lydia_H)
Post #: 73
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 3:36:50 PM   
krudler

quote:

quote:

quote:

oooh,controversial

Hehe, krudler's annoyed

No but your posts amuse me

quote:

(in reply to Lydia_H)
Post #: 74
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 4:02:04 PM   
Lydia_H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

oooh,controversial

Hehe, krudler's annoyed

Well at least now I know you didn't really mean it when you posted the three sleepy smilies  

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 75
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 5:30:11 PM   
krudler

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

oooh,controversial

Hehe, krudler's annoyed

Well at least now I know you didn't really mean it when you posted the three sleepy smilies  

Oh that I meant

quote:

(in reply to Lydia_H)
Post #: 76
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 6:05:17 PM   
Lydia_H

Whoever would've known you could be so vicious, krudler?

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 77
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 7:38:02 PM   
Amelie_Scotland

It wouldn't be a problem for me. If it was ever to happen, my vote would be for Ejiofer too, he's brilliant.

I'm clean, I'm conscientious and I travel with my own tits.

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.

(in reply to Lydia_H)
Post #: 78
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 9:22:07 PM   
Spengler

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spengler

I don't see why not. I personally favour the notion that 'James Bond' is an alias, and each one takes over from the last.

Your notion is way off.  James Bond is a real [fictional] character, not an alias.  He has a past and background.  His is [supposed to be] the same person in all the movies. 

And if it was an alias it would be incredibly stupid.  No organisation is going to use the same alias over and over again.  That defeats the purpose of aliases!

Yes, thank you, I get that. What I was saying was that I would prefer if it were that way.

Traitor

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 79
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 9:25:33 PM   
Spengler

quote:

quote:

oooh,controversial

Hardly. Just seems like they're trying to be.

Traitor

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 80
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 9:28:29 PM   
Rhubarb

The bigger question perhaps is why would you recast Bond as black?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Spengler)
Post #: 81
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 10:14:48 PM   
cjmcc5150

If this thread were to be re-titled .....

The White Mr Tibbs Question
The White Blade Question
The White Lando Question
The White <your choice of coloured character here> Question

Wonder how many responses the threads would have ... hmmmm

Are you talkin' to me ?

People come up to me and say, What's wrong?
Nothing.
Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile.
Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 82
RE: The Black Bond Question - 25/11/2008 11:51:35 PM   
Lydia_H

Asian James Bond? Latino James Bond? Slavic James Bond? Maybe we could have some kind of raffle where each race/country on the planet gets a chance of adopting James Bond as their own? We live in a multicultural society after all, why recognize only blacks and whites?

Could compromise and go for a half caste Bond at least, white mother and black father? Have Bond's parents been established at all? Could make an entire film out of Bond discovering one of his parents was black

What an amazing twist it'd be though if Bond had actually been Russian the whole time!

< Message edited by Lydia_H -- 26/11/2008 12:06:38 AM >

(in reply to cjmcc5150)
Post #: 83
RE: The Black Bond Question - 26/11/2008 12:08:27 AM   
Rhubarb

Bond has Swiss/Scottish parents, just for the record.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Lydia_H)
Post #: 84
RE: The Black Bond Question - 26/11/2008 12:54:39 AM   
cjmcc5150

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Bond has Swiss/Scottish parents, just for the record.

Are you talkin' to me ?

People come up to me and say, What's wrong?
Nothing.
Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile.
Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 85
RE: The Black Bond Question - 26/11/2008 12:59:51 AM   
Sad Professor

How about an Irish James Bond ? (sic)

< Message edited by surveyofsociety -- 26/11/2008 1:00:28 AM >

(in reply to cjmcc5150)
Post #: 86
RE: The Black Bond Question - 26/11/2008 1:02:03 AM   
Rhubarb

Why is this funny?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to cjmcc5150)
Post #: 87
RE: The Black Bond Question - 26/11/2008 1:03:45 AM   
Stewie_Griffin

Maybe he's on drugs, everything is funny when you're on drugs.

Welcome to Sesame Street, kids. Today's word is "Expiation"

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 88
RE: The Black Bond Question - 26/11/2008 8:53:17 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Why is this funny?

I'm assuming it's the whole "Don't be silly Bond is BRITISH!" thought process but you are right, Bond's father is a Scot and his mumsy was Swiss-French, both killed in a climbing accident.

quote:

oh, and modesty blaze is the female bond.

It's clearly Ros Myers.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 89
RE: The Black Bond Question - 26/11/2008 8:59:26 AM   
CORLEONE

If someone wants to make a secret agent film with any race/creed as the lead, then that's great and I'll look forward to it. But Bond is a white Brit. Leave the fuck alone.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The Black Bond Question Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI