Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! - 18/1/2009 3:35:43 PM   
chloeden

I had heard of the books before the film but never eally interested in what they were but after seeing the amazing, brilliant film i had to read the books:which i read in 1 week the whole sage.
Robert Pattinson's performance is amazing and outstandingly good looking throughout the whole film. It is totally one of my fav films ever and will enjoy watching the other films that follow. (i just hope they keep to the book) As i said before FANTASTIC. Also GOOD SOUNTRACK!!! :):):)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 121
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! - 18/1/2009 3:35:56 PM   
chloeden

I had heard of the books before the film but never eally interested in what they were but after seeing the amazing, brilliant film i had to read the books:which i read in 1 week the whole sage.
Robert Pattinson's performance is amazing and outstandingly good looking throughout the whole film. It is totally one of my fav films ever and will enjoy watching the other films that follow. (i just hope they keep to the book) As i said before FANTASTIC. Also GOOD SOUNTRACK!!! :):):)

Post #: 122
RE: FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! - 20/1/2009 6:09:47 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Due to the wonders of my Unlimited Card, plus a near obsession for Robert Pattison that's engulfing my teenage sister. I thought why the hell not, and went along to see it.

Personally I thought it was purile teenage girl slush, but being a mid twenties male I'm pretty positive I didn't make the films demographic. Having said that as a teenage film I still think it misfires. I agree with the rest of you that the acting ranges from ordinary to abysmal, while the script is laughable in places ("You're like my own personal heroin" ). I found Kristen Stewart particularly frustraiting in terms of her dialogue delivery (you could of parked a Shakesperian sonet in between her pauses ) but to be fair to Robert Pattison, he does a decent job in what was always going to be a difficult role to fill.

The baseball scene really rubbed me up the wrong way too & confirmed to me what I've been thinking for about 6 years is that I can no longer listen to Muse. It was like watching Titmur Berberbankatov directing field of dreams, but devoid of granduar. The director also seems to have no sense of building tension either, the whole chase scenario offered nothing & felt like it was rushed in at the last minute.

The better bits? The surroundings are indeed gorgeous and it was fun recognising Bella's parents as 24 characters (the mum particularly for obvious reasons), whilst the chemistry between Stewart & Pattison is decent.

I can see & imagine the appeal of Twilight for fans of the book & girls under the age of 16. However, for someone who hasn't bothered with the novels (and going by peoples description of them I'll probably continue with that stance) or has much love for teenage girl fantasy romance type flicks it scores low for me too.

2/5

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to chloeden)
Post #: 123
RE: FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! - 20/1/2009 7:46:38 PM   
Dr Strainedlove

Twilight is a historic film for me, as it is the first (and so far only) film I've ever walked out of the cinema on. I barely lasted an hour, it was so mind-numbingly awful. The positive response it's getting, mainly from teenage girls who don't know any better, is pretty much a disgrace to the film industry. I'd go as far to say it is the second worst film I have ever seen. Just behind Dreamcatcher.

The doctor is out!

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 124
RE: FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! - 22/1/2009 12:52:12 PM   
shinysavage

Ouch. Four stars? Seriously?
Stewart and Pattinson were dreadful, conveying constipation and/or total lack of mental ability when they tried to look passionate about each other.
The lingering shots of their faces as everything slowed down made me cringe - the shot where Bella walks in front of a fan, her hair billowing in the breeze, lasts for nearly a minute, and is one of the cheesiest things I've ever seen.
The effects were pretty dire throughout - the motion blur whenever any of the vampires moved quickly looked like internet slowdown, and when Edward rescues Bella from the bunch of rapists, you could see a visible difference in the background for close ups and long shots.
The dialogue was almost entirely without merit.
The characters are weak or creepy as hell (to be fair, not so much the fault of any of the cast or crew).

On the other hand, Mr Swan was quite good, especially the first time he meets Edward, cocking his shotgun just before introducing himself. The fight scene at the end was surprisingly brutal, which was good. Alice was kinda hot. And the soundtrack was ok.
Two stars, at a stretch. Four stars? Never.

My blog: http://savagewords.blogspot.com/

People are morons. I don't have any other explanation, I really don't. (Joss Whedon)

A home without books is like a body without a soul (Cicero)

(in reply to Dr Strainedlove)
Post #: 125
RE: FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! - 22/1/2009 8:14:42 PM   
Psychotic angel

Bland film, but itīs OK that the reviewer gives his/her opinion, even if itīs unfashionable.

"FAT BITCH!" "CRAPSUCKING TURDS!"

(in reply to shinysavage)
Post #: 126
4 stars? Give me a break. - 26/1/2009 11:39:13 PM   
mjscarface

Had the misfortune of seeing this tonight and wished I'd taken a cushion, a blanket and a.... dvd player. 2 hours of frowning, slow-motion stares and slushy teenage crap.

Post #: 127
Loved It! - 28/1/2009 2:48:34 AM   
Witchgirlkc

I loved the movie and I love the books!

Post #: 128
Loved it! - 28/1/2009 1:14:44 PM   
vale4eva

In my opinion, Robert and Kristen did a fantastic portrayal of Bella and Edward. Some of the dialogue in the book can be rather cheesy, but Rob and Kristen made it completely believable and very intense!

Also with their limited filming time and low budget, Catherine did a super job!

Fantastic work! I cant wait for New Moon =]

Post #: 129
Love Fest - 2/3/2009 8:57:43 PM   
howie603

I saw the film before delving into the books so I was a little confused at Edwards long pauses and odd stalker type stares, saying that I did enjoy the film, so after the film I was compelled to buy the book (actually all four of them) which I found a compulsive read. I saw the film again and realised Rob and Kristen did a excellent portrayal of Edward and Bella.

Post #: 130
- 3/3/2009 7:51:05 PM   
monikaT

hmmm, this is a tough one, I loved the story line and rob pattinson. the books are an o.k. read...and I think part 1 of the saga will turn into something of a cult thing just because its such a good idea to begin with. but in all truth the movie was a tad bit sloppy to say the least. I definitly wouldn't have wanted it all out hollywood, I liked it as an indie I liked the strange feel about it. kristen stewart I did not like....at all, I dont feel she had it right, everything she was supposed to feel just didn't come out, pattinson on the other hand, I think got it right, all things considered I usually rate a movie on the storyline and on what it makes me feel, I'm usually forgiving on the cinematics....so on the whole I liked it, its just that you have to have the background and the facts before you see it otherwise all its short comings just look like mistakes.

Post #: 131
AWESOME! - 6/3/2009 11:32:06 AM   
mmaymay

twilight rocks! it was very good! can't get enough of it! we love robert pattinson!

Post #: 132
- 8/3/2009 2:17:35 AM   
SkullKassidy

So emo it's just pathetic!

Post #: 133
RE: FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! - 10/3/2009 10:53:18 AM   
EdiWan Kenobi

I have not read the books, which shouldn't be held against me, I didn't have to read Q & A to get and enjoy slumdog, but this film was not good, so slow it was painful, literally nothing happened in the first 60 mins apart from a young chick moves to somewhere very cloudy.  Now Vampires as  a myth are the thing of nightmares, always sensual and, perhaps, romantic but these vampires are lame, I can't imagine if all they did was shimmer in the sunlight that they would have been persucuted and made to hide over centuries, and why keep going to schoool, lame idea, not that good, I have read hundreds of stories and seen many better movies, its just teenage trash! 

(in reply to chloeden)
Post #: 134
Amazing - 14/3/2009 2:01:22 PM   
Kate25

Maybe not as good as the books...but what film is? All the cast were great and it was directed excellently

Post #: 135
Amazing - 14/3/2009 2:01:25 PM   
Kate25

Maybe not as good as the books...but what film is? All the cast were great and it was directed excellently

Post #: 136
RE: Twilight - 18/3/2009 9:07:24 AM   
moviecraze99

Hey check this out its one of the main twilight blogs for all you twilight fans:

http://www.thetwilightforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4601

I think the book was way better than the film!!!

Kristen Stewart needs to work hard in the upcoming films!!!

Post #: 137
It's okay I suppose - 26/3/2009 9:02:30 PM   
Caster

Having just read the first book I'm understandably a bit more harsh on the film than a newbie. It's a great film adaptation but a couple of things in the second half make it stumble a bit. Example: the three villains. They are incredibly lame and were much older in the book; these pale catalogue models just don't invite fear for Bella at all. That's the weakest link by far but you have to hand it to Hardwicke; she's given it a great indie look and feel and her two leads are perfect. It occasionally descends into an episode of 90210 with far-too good looking minor characters but overall it's fairly good. Shame about the lame villains and blink and you'll miss it fight.

Post #: 138
Haven't seen it... but i don't care - 5/4/2009 9:03:10 PM   
elmwood2309

I hadn't heard about this series before Empire got the trailer. So out of curiosity I clicked play on the vid screen, BIG mistake. Usually when i see a trailer based on the vampire genre there's at least 1 good scene that keeps me interested, not one frame of that 2 and a half minute trailer enticed me to see it. I know people that are obsessed with the series. I wish i didn't but i do. Since when was it acceptable to have a vampire, once one of the most feared fictional characters in history, TO FUCKING SPARKLE !!! I mean even Underworld and Van Helsing had the decency to try and keep in place with the mythos. Just hearing the plotline made me feel outstandingly retarded. Let me just say thank christ for Let the Right One In now there's a vampire movie worthy of the original source. Just go's to show the IQ of the people who actually enjoyed this shit.

Post #: 139
I don't like the changes. - 9/4/2009 3:08:40 PM   
lucyh15

I adore the book saga, and i was one of the people to read all the books way before the film was even announced, and i loved the film, but i hated all the changes. I did not mind the fact that Jacob appeared sooner in the film, I was actually pleased that there was more of him (me being for the werewolf team) but i did not like that "Billy" who should be disabled was driving!
Also, In the film, they missed the best quotes which was in the book out. such as " Do I dazzle you" and "Stupid shiny Volvo owner." In my opinion it is not twilight without these quotes.
Also, Edward did not say "I love you" once in the film, which is probably to make it easier for the start of the next film, New moon, but that means they'll have to change one of my favourite Lines in the book, where he is trying to convince Bella she is not dreaming.
Of course i still adore the film, And no film is as good as it's book.
I think the rating is pretty fair what it has already got and i hope the new director for the next film doesn't ruin the next film like he did for The Golden Compass.

Post #: 140
- 12/4/2009 10:01:10 PM   
mozzaman

ok, the books are alright, my girlfriend loves them so she makes me read em like... a lot. she took me to see the film, i was like wtf, there is a vampire thats like "yeah, am a kick ass vampire... NOT am more like a depressed emo bitch vampire" yet i am afraid because now my girlfriend finds me less atractive and will probably suck robert's dick and probably rim him, but me. oh no. this movie almost ruined my love life, because i am pretty sure she is gonna say to me something like get yourself pale, call yourself edward and then i will be able to look at you without thinking of edward cullens luxourious body. and kristen stewart is not at all attractive, i am sorry

Post #: 141
Brilliant - 14/4/2009 10:40:46 AM   
MadMatty15

I saw this film a couple of days ago and already I can't wait for the next movie. I'm really anxious about getting the books and already my mate has told me all the major points that the books are about!!! :( But I really did enjoy this film and you really do have to admit, When Edward and Bella go to his house and meet his family, you find a part of yourself screaming,"I WANT TO BE PART OF THAT FAMILY!!!!!"

Post #: 142
Brilliant - 14/4/2009 10:40:47 AM   
MadMatty15

I saw this film a couple of days ago and already I can't wait for the next movie. I'm really anxious about getting the books and already my mate has told me all the major points that the books are about!!! :( But I really did enjoy this film and you really do have to admit, When Edward and Bella go to his house and meet his family, you find a part of yourself screaming,"I WANT TO BE PART OF THAT FAMILY!!!!!"

Post #: 143
good but the book is better - 23/4/2009 3:06:59 PM   
Sazperella

For me the film was slow and painful. It failed to capture the essence of the book which had me so hooked that I finished it in 4 hours. I thought that Robert Pattinson did a good job as Edward but I wasn't convinced by most of the other casting.

Post #: 144
- 24/4/2009 11:24:38 PM   
carzed_fairy

i LOVED the books the film not so much...although i dont seem to be able to stop watching it since i got it on dvd so it desrves 3 stars for that

Post #: 145
A Major Dissapointment - 2/5/2009 3:37:57 PM   
lukejones03

I can imagine the novel to be quite a riveting read as the story seems well thought out (if not a little bit predictable at times). However the film is badly shot drivel that failed to keep me at any point remotely interested in the plot. The action fuelled hand-held camera effect that they went for at times brought nothing to the plot and even got tedious at times. Also the poor visual effects when the ‘Vampires’ demonstrated their powers were tacky and looked out-dated. One scene in particular, which I feel they ruined by committing it to celluloid, was the scene where Edward follows Bella into the woods where she reveals that she knows that he is a Vampire. If the ever-present hand-held camera shaky-ness wasn’t enough to through my attention from the dialogue, the pointless and random double speed circling shot ruined the scene. This poorly and badly placed shot stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the intimate close-ups that complimented this delicate scene. I also think that the vampire make-up was too over the top and obvious. It added nothing to the characters and even made them just look like they had found some cheap Halloween face paint.
In conclusion the story heart-warming and quite entertaining and thrilling at times, I will be sure to buy a copy of the book, however the film itself is poorly shot and bodged together. This film was in definite need of a tripod (with regards to the hand-held shaky shots), a proper make-up artist and some decent actors. Robert Patterson in particular was disappointing.

I would recommend anyone to watch this film as I think youngsters would enjoy the central story and the occasional “thrills” (I use the term loosely) but if you are looking for a thought provoking and interesting film with plot twists and a sense of adventure you have come to the wrong place.

Post #: 146
I love Robert Pattinson - 9/5/2009 2:52:10 PM   
Priscila_Cristiano

My name is Priscila Beppler, have 17 years. I am Brasilian.
I love Twilight too, especially the Robert Pattinson. I would know it, so I know that is impossible because I live in Brazil and he in another country, most do everything to find it because I am your number 1 fan. I love you Robert.

Post #: 147
absoloutley awesomee!! - 23/5/2009 10:55:59 PM   
beckiieeroach

i totally love everything about twilight i think it was well written and also well acted out, robert pattinson and kristen stewart are jus the best lead characters for the film ever i couldn't imagin any different actors playing their roles xx

Post #: 148
UGH - 3/6/2009 12:52:32 PM   
bethie777

I LOVED the books, but now I'm starting to hate them - all because of this horrible film and over-hyped franchise,
Stewart's performance was AWFUL. Her monotonal, expressionless delivery was mirrored by every other character. Why did they all talk in the same tone throughout the whole flim?! It was horrible.
Catherine Hardewick was a total creep (who was in love with Kristen) who ruined it. It was such a cheaply made, budgetty affair! They should have made Warner Bros. do it. It would have been heaps and heaps better.

Sorry, this was more a rant than a review!!!

Post #: 149
UGH - 3/6/2009 12:52:46 PM   
bethie777

I LOVED the books, but now I'm starting to hate them - all because of this horrible film and over-hyped franchise,
Stewart's performance was AWFUL. Her monotonal, expressionless delivery was mirrored by every other character. Why did they all talk in the same tone throughout the whole flim?! It was horrible.
Catherine Hardewick was a total creep (who was in love with Kristen) who ruined it. It was such a cheaply made, budgetty affair! They should have made Warner Bros. do it. It would have been heaps and heaps better.

Sorry, this was more a rant than a review!!!

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI