Why?? - 17/11/2008 7:36:48 AM   
Mooncalf

Double post.

< Message edited by Mooncalf -- 17/11/2008 7:38:12 AM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Why?? - 17/11/2008 7:37:01 AM   
Mooncalf

I only saw the trailer for this in the cinema 2 days ago and this review confirms exactly what I was thinking them - just the trailer was enough for me to comment on the fact that it looked shot for shot the same as source movie [REC.] - and now also confirmed to be less authentic (as is to be expected with a Hollywood remake - just begs the question why??? Get yourself a copy of the Spanish original if you're a zombie movie fan.

Post #: 3
Loved it! - 23/11/2008 7:52:20 PM   
StevieE

I haven't seen the original (maybe I'm not cool enough) but forgetting its another remake of a foreign, I loved it and got everything I want from a horror; scares and suspense. Acting "real" on movies filmed in this mockumentary style is usually pretty shoddy like blair witch n diary of the dead but surprisingly I didnt find anyone annoying and thought they were well portryed!

Post #: 4
Hmmm - 25/11/2008 7:49:38 PM   
gloppy

All I can say is I'm glad I've seen [Rec]. Sadly, given the chronology of their respective releases, those not in the know might think Quarantine is the original version...

Post #: 5
Hmmm - 25/11/2008 7:51:29 PM   
gloppy

Double post, sorry.

< Message edited by gloppy -- 25/11/2008 7:56:59 PM >

Post #: 6
Hmmm - 25/11/2008 7:52:14 PM   
gloppy

What the fuck?!

< Message edited by gloppy -- 25/11/2008 7:58:05 PM >

Post #: 7
Hmmm - 25/11/2008 7:52:17 PM   
gloppy

< Message edited by gloppy -- 25/11/2008 7:58:42 PM >

Post #: 8
a bit pointless - 28/11/2008 5:50:32 PM   
Empo

The first hour of this film really wasn't needed as it was highly pointless and boring! After that the film really kicked into the gear and the end was quite good (even though you kinda saw it coming)

Post #: 9
RE: a bit pointless - 8/12/2008 2:33:22 PM   
genejoke

It is a good film.  Ignore people who dismiss it for being a remake thats just being bloody minded.

Is it as good as rec?  as good I suppose there isn't much to it  there are some differences but the overall effect is the same.  i think it is worth remaking foreign movies to cater for a larger audience as far too many people are too dumb to read subtitles.

(in reply to Empo)
Post #: 10
RE: a bit pointless - 10/12/2008 12:02:27 PM   
Kismet_85

I've only seen the original version (I guess I'm cool enough) and I just wondered what people think of the remake as I was hoping they would fix some crucial mistakes from the original [REC].
Like, what is their excuse not to go out of the building once things start getting bad? 'cause in the spanish version that part destroyed the whole movie for me it was lame and non-sense and it made it look stupid 'cause it could have been very easy to fix but I suppose they were just lazy; ruined the whole movie.

"Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country!?"

(in reply to genejoke)
Post #: 11
RE: Quarantine - 22/1/2009 5:15:27 PM   
Worldz

need more script and less shock theater and less screaming 

Post #: 12
!!!!!!! - 7/2/2009 12:19:24 PM   
dante_roderigo

How the fuck did hollywood fuck this film up? REC the original had it bang on perfect, how did they mess this up?! are they totally fucking stupid?!
they always do it!!!! ALLL THE TIME!!! no matter what, the remakes just turn out shit! and this remake is awful.
I hate hollywood.....watch the original REC, but if you see this first it will most probably ruin the original as well

Post #: 13
Horrfiying Remake. - 11/4/2009 10:17:37 AM   
joanna likes films

After seeing the terrifying REC, I wasn't keen to see Quarantine after being left seriously scared and not wanting to go through it again. But I went ahead and rented it out on Blu Ray with the lights off and the volmue high for the scare effect. If anyone has seen REC would probably know the story but if they haven't, be peparted for spoilers. Angela is a reporter at the Fire Station when their alarm goes off and they follow to a apartment buliding that is hiding a shocking secret and gory deaths are a coming. The only person I really knew in this was Jennifer Carptender from Dexter and she was qutie good in this, they should use her more in movies. Yes, it's frightening and nail-bitting but I knew what would happen next which either ruins or scare me. I will never forget the moment in the attic, it made me scream in REC and did again last night. In fact, Quarantine scared me more than REC as it added more scenes that are terrifying to watch. So in all, I give this a four star rating.

Post #: 14
Quarantine - 20/2/2010 7:56:56 PM   
deppfanatic

SPOILERS

Quarantine is alright but its just the same as any other horror film out there i was disappointed by it and oh what a surprise no one survives! This to me is a big FLOP!

< Message edited by elab49 -- 27/3/2010 12:31:31 PM >

Post #: 15
why - 8/7/2010 4:42:40 PM   
Gram Woods

This is absolutely unnecessary, frame for frame remake, dont watch it watch REC the originals are always ALWAYS better, next up will be let me in, I wont be watching that either as I have already seen let the right one in which is ace, learn to read and there are some of the best films available in foreign languages

Post #: 16
bit boring - 5/10/2010 12:01:34 AM   
tysmuse

Crappy opening 15 minutes. Then fairly predictable hour of gore splatter as our inept cops & firefighters run around like a bunch of clueless mugs. Cool idea but poorly executed.

Post #: 17
RE: !!!!!!! - 30/11/2012 12:22:57 AM   
YouWillBeUnprepared

Instead of tackling the challenge to try and come up with something new, the directors tried to copy somebody elses masterpiece, just so that audiences won't have to put up with subtitles. The same thing you have described is happening to the original creators ofthe [REC] franchise. They decided to use their 'crafty-ness' to bring in a demonic element to the quarantined building. I won't say much, but [REC] 2 & 3 prove that [REC] is a difficult film to follow up because of it's perfection.

< Message edited by YouWillBeUnprepared -- 30/11/2012 12:23:35 AM >

(in reply to dante_roderigo)
Post #: 18
- 8/2/2014 1:50:14 AM   
dfooster

It's that rubbish I'm reading this whilst people are getting slain in the movie. The acting is terrible, the firefighters and police don't follow basic procedure, yeah it's just bad. Something was definitely lost in translation from the pretty decent original to this.

A character can be forgiven for going near an infected who's skin is grey and they are foaming at the mouth the first time, but when they are still asking if the grey foaming at the mouth person is ok on the fourth occasion which end in them having their neck ripped out once again you just roll you eyes at it and boot up empire online instead.

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Quarantine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI