Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: A L I E N

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A L I E N Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A L I E N - 29/4/2009 9:19:59 PM   
HughesRoss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

wow - you certainly have me beat in terms of various format evil bill; I currently only have ALIEN and ALIENS on the two-disc sets from the big 'quadrilogy' release. More than likely I'll get 'em on blu-ray though.

So will I.....

I also own the AVP series....and I detest them.........
                                                                             but they are now part of the mythology
                                                                                                                                        ....which is a pity...

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 61
RE: A L I E N - 30/4/2009 10:38:59 AM   
Mr E

quote:

A few bits from Snake-Eyes' Collection -

Limited Edition, Complete 2-Disc Sountrack

I'll have to get one of those action figures. The alien design from the first film is the best.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 62
RE: A L I E N - 30/4/2009 10:57:19 AM   
Stewie_Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

So will I.....

....which is a pity...

You could of done what I did with Alien Resurrection; pretend they never happen.

< Message edited by Stewie_Griffin -- 30/4/2009 11:07:49 AM >

Welcome to Sesame Street, kids. Today's word is "Expiation"

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 63
RE: A L I E N - 30/4/2009 7:16:20 PM   
evil bill

quote:

wow - you certainly have me beat in terms of various format evil bill; I currently only have ALIEN and ALIENS on the two-disc sets from the big 'quadrilogy' release. More than likely I'll get 'em on blu-ray though.

A L I E N,2001 and THE THING  are tempting me to try Blu Ray,but as i've mentioned on other threads,i have so many region 1 DVD's that you just can't get on Blu Ray.I need Blu Ray to go multi region to change or even think of changing.
Any thing i can get my hands on concering A L I E N is up for grabs,like i have two flim Mags Starburst which is still around with a big A L I E N write up and,Photoplay now gone,one with a preview of the movie the other with the full review.It's head line is "Alien makes the Texas Chainsaw Massacre look like a picnc party."

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 64
RE: A L I E N - 30/4/2009 7:18:23 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stewie_Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

So will I.....

....which is a pity...

You could of done what I did with Alien Resurrection; pretend they never happen.

Sad the say they did and i gave them ago,AvP once and Resurrection twice,they are CRAP!!!!!

(in reply to Stewie_Griffin)
Post #: 65
RE: A L I E N - 10/8/2009 7:25:52 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes is VERRRY bored at work and so I'm just keeping a few threads (of my favourites) alive with some pics. Man, the ol' chest-burster scene in ALIEN is still unbeatable -

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 66
RE: A L I E N - 10/8/2009 7:37:08 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Snake-Eyes is VERRRY bored at work and so I'm just keeping a few threads (of my favourites) alive with some pics. Man, the ol' chest-burster scene in ALIEN is still unbeatable -

Excellent pic snake eyes,and me and the mates who where old enough,where talking about ALIEN on sat night.We all seen it at the cinema way back then and all agree it's still outstanding on every level,a true masterpiece.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 67
RE: A L I E N - 10/8/2009 8:13:48 PM   
Snake-Eyes

aw man... evil bill, I do envy the fact that you saw it originally back in 1979 on the big screen, that must have been cool!  I was lucky enough to catch a screening of it at Planet Hollywood back in '95 when I worked at ALIEN WAR and then at an awesome Halloween Night 25th Anniversary Screening at Leicester Square in 2003 (it was the director's cut) - c'mon bill, I know you're one of the few dudes on these boards with some sense - HOW FUCKING AWESOMELY COOL IS THIS FILM AND ALIENS?! compared to the tripe that gets pass the drawing board these days!! 'Alien vs. Predator: Requiem'? yeah right.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 68
RE: A L I E N - 11/8/2009 8:31:12 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I love the production design of this film!

H.R. Giger, Jean 'Moebius' Giraud and Ron Cobb did such a fantastic job creating the intricate and dark universe of the story; Cameron's film honoured the work done here but the last two films just looked crap in comparison.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 69
RE: A L I E N - 20/8/2009 12:20:44 PM   
coolstar

A L I E N  the best horror movie ever made best discribed by empire magazine as a haunted house sci fi opener. Every shot (Nostromo) every scene and every line of the film is a classic . The first 20 mins of Alien is pure classic becouse notting happens and your left asking yourself where is the ALIEN ??

I am going Deep Deep undercover

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 70
RE: A L I E N - 29/8/2009 5:32:41 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Behind-the-Scenes...

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 29/8/2009 5:34:33 PM >

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 71
RE: A L I E N - 30/8/2009 1:08:23 PM   
evil bill

quote:

aw man... evil bill, I do envy the fact that you saw it originally back in 1979 on the big screen, that must have been cool!  I was lucky enough to catch a screening of it at Planet Hollywood back in '95 when I worked at ALIEN WAR and then at an awesome Halloween Night 25th Anniversary Screening at Leicester Square in 2003 (it was the director's cut) - c'mon bill, I know you're one of the few dudes on these boards with some sense - HOW FUCKING AWESOMELY COOL IS THIS FILM AND ALIENS?! compared to the tripe that gets pass the drawing board these days!! 'Alien vs. Predator: Requiem'? yeah right.

I actually did'nt see it till late January of 1980,at my favorite cinema the Curzon which became a multi plex in 1985,and for me lost that special feeling.It's now gone and been replaced by apartments,anyway enough of that you got to see it at the cinema that gave it it's world premiere back in September of 1979,most excellent.Hard to believe it's 30 years old,it is so awesome and for me is still unbeatable as the greatest Horror movie of them all.The art work,and design,the direction,just every frame is so brilliant,but i must say i'm not fussed on the added scene of Dallas trapped in the cocoon,on the Directors cut.I still prefer the original cut of the movie,which i saw all those years ago,and it's only the second movie to truly blow me away,the first was 2001.

And this scene took my breath away,and still looks so awesome.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 72
RE: A L I E N - 30/8/2009 6:48:26 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I agree with you about the cuts evil bill - I actually like both the original and the diretor's cuts of both ALIEN and ALIENS.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 73
RE: A L I E N - 30/8/2009 7:56:41 PM   
darth silas

I prefer the directors dvd cut of Alien but prefer the original theatrical cut of Aliens.

For the record,i prefer the ''extended work print'' of Alien3(despite those annoying sections where they didnt repair the dialogue audio) and the theatrical cut of Alien:Ressurection is superior to the extended dvd cut.

< Message edited by darth silas -- 30/8/2009 7:57:13 PM >

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 74
RE: A L I E N - 30/8/2009 8:34:36 PM   
Tech_Noir

The alternate opening to Alien: Resurrection is really awful - so is the pointless alternate ending.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 75
RE: A L I E N - 30/8/2009 8:39:13 PM   
Hoshi

I`m a totally fangirl of Alien..My favorite film by far..
The first time I saw it was unfortunately only on a shitty vhs copy...crying shame, since a quarter of the enjoyment is the production design. But I loved it all the same....
My big sister had seen it at a teenage film club and she was scared out of her mind, and at that time I really was a wuss so it lasted a lot of years untill I saw it....It was like a wakeup call...
When I saw it a couple of years later on laserdisc, it was like seeing the film for the first time again, the quality was superb..
I like the idea that a women survives not because she is better than the others, she is just very lucky...that is untill the end, where she emerges like a true heroine...
That is just my opinion...
What do you think....

And I like the fact that u see so little of alien as possible...The out takes I have seen where u see a lot of the alien, it just donīt cut it..
Or what?

"You are my Lucky Star"

Post #: 76
RE: A L I E N - 30/8/2009 8:41:10 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

The alternate opening to Alien: Resurrection is really awful - so is the pointless alternate ending.

Agreed about the opening.Thought i was watching an Airplane! style comedy for a minute or two there.

I liked the alternate ending though,it was less abrupt than the theatrical version.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 77
RE: A L I E N - 30/8/2009 8:47:40 PM   
Tech_Noir

I really hate Alien Resurrection - at least AVP was fun.

Post #: 78
RE: A L I E N - 30/8/2009 8:52:34 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hoshi

And I like the fact that u see so little of alien as possible...The out takes I have seen where u see a lot of the alien, it just donīt cut it..
Or what?

Exactly - this is what makes the creature so damn terrifying. By the time we reached the Fourth film, the creature just looked kack.

(in reply to Hoshi)
Post #: 79
RE: A L I E N - 31/8/2009 9:36:00 PM   
Hoshi

What? There is no fourth or third film in the Alien saga 

"You are my Lucky Star"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 80
RE: A L I E N - 2/9/2009 4:06:22 PM   
Hoshi

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

I actually did'nt see it till late January of 1980,at my favorite cinema the Curzon which became a multi plex in 1985,and for me lost that special feeling.It's now gone and been replaced by apartments,anyway enough of that you got to see it at the cinema that gave it it's world premiere back in September of 1979,most excellent.Hard to believe it's 30 years old,it is so awesome and for me is still unbeatable as the greatest Horror movie of them all.The art work,and design,the direction,just every frame is so brilliant,but i must say i'm not fussed on the added scene of Dallas trapped in the cocoon,on the Directors cut.I still prefer the original cut of the movie,which i saw all those years ago,and it's only the second movie to truly blow me away,the first was 2001.

And this scene took my breath away,and still looks so awesome.

Evil Bill did u see the trailers at the movies too? I would have thought they would blow your mind away...u know the egg hatching....

"You are my Lucky Star"

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 81
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 12:43:05 PM   
coolstar

Scary stuff

(in reply to Hoshi)
Post #: 82
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 12:48:31 PM   
Olaf

Alien and Aliens are perfect, Alien3 is surprisingly good but Resurrection is just woeful. That said, I got the Quadrilogy box very cheaply so I try not to complain too much about it.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 83
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 12:55:54 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

* Ridley Scott is reportedly quoted as saying that originally he wanted a much darker ending. He planned on having the alien bite off Ripley's head in the escape shuttle, sit in her chair, and then start speaking with her voice in a message to Earth. Apparently, 20th Century Fox wasn't too pleased with such a dark ending.

Now that is amazing - I have no idea if it would work or not but it's just fucked up and surreal - the Alien talking with her voice after biting her head off??? WOW

The space jockey is so great - a beautifully designed alien that we know bugger all about - and nor are we ever told anything.. All we know is that it's dead with a hole in it's chest.

The ship looks so damn ominous as well....

< Message edited by Fluke Skywalker -- 3/9/2009 1:05:44 PM >

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 84
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 1:01:46 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

* Ridley Scott is reportedly quoted as saying that originally he wanted a much darker ending. He planned on having the alien bite off Ripley's head in the escape shuttle, sit in her chair, and then start speaking with her voice in a message to Earth. Apparently, 20th Century Fox wasn't too pleased with such a dark ending.

Now that is amazing - I have no idea if it would work or not but it's just fucked up and surreal - the Alien talking with her voice after biting her head off??? WOW

I dunno - could have been very corny. Unless the Alien killed Ripley and then we cut to another spaceship hearing her voice over the monitor. But I'm glad they left it as it is.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 85
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 1:04:49 PM   
Olaf

It would have been cool in a really weird Twilight Zone way.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 86
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 1:07:58 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

It's just the idea that this horrible creature suddenly show's us something so unexpected and a heightened level of intelligence - it makes it more scary.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 87
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 3:16:42 PM   
coolstar

It would have scared the hell out of everyone if it was filmed and fans would remember it forever

The darkest ending ever

Post #: 88
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 5:29:31 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Evil Bill did u see the trailers at the movies too? I would have thought they would blow your mind away...u know the egg hatching...
quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

The space jockey is so great - a beautifully designed alien that we know bugger all about - and nor are we ever told anything.. All we know is that it's dead with a hole in it's chest.

The ship looks so damn ominous as well....

The whole build up to the moment we see the Space Jockey is just awesome,and i loved the way it's never explained what happen,where are they from what where they doing.And i think knowing Scott that ending if he had of got away with it would still be the biggest talked about dark scene ever.
quote:

Hoshi

Evil Bill did u see the trailers at the movies too? I would have thought they would blow your mind away...u know the egg hatching...

Yes but they never gave anything away,like traliers do now,all we got was the A L I E N logo and a glimpse of the Nostromo.

Post #: 89
RE: A L I E N - 3/9/2009 5:39:38 PM   
coolstar

All they said the Space Jockey is grown out of its chair . I agree with the build up i kept asking myself wheres the Alien in film ??  

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A L I E N Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI