Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: A L I E N

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A L I E N Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A L I E N - 26/3/2012 4:08:07 PM   
horribleives

Watched Alien last night for the first time in about ten years (and only about the third time in total) and for some reason (it may have been the hangover and cheeky jazz cigarette) on this occasion the scene where Ash goes mental really disturbed me, in particular the unsettling look in his eyes when his disembodied head is telling them the dire truth. And I found I'd forgotten where half the shocks were hence coming dangerously close to soiling myself at the bit where Dallas comes face to face with our shiny black critter. Oh and I suddenly realised Veronica Cartwright was quite foxy back in the day.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 26/3/2012 4:10:39 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 421
RE: A L I E N - 27/3/2012 12:24:03 PM   
jcthefirst

I too watched it recently (no hangover or jazz cig though) and couldn't help but think, as I have done many times before, why they didn't fix the "dummy head...dummy head...IAN HOLM!" bit.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 422
RE: A L I E N - 27/3/2012 2:23:27 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I too watched it recently (no hangover or jazz cig though) and couldn't help but think, as I have done many times before, why they didn't fix the "dummy head...dummy head...IAN HOLM!" bit.

Aye, it's all a tad Wurzel Gummidge that part.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 423
RE: A L I E N - 27/3/2012 4:41:35 PM   
Vitamin F

I though Empire posters were above this!
To me that's almost as bad as complaining about the 'rubber shark' in that other big film...

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 424
RE: A L I E N - 6/6/2012 8:28:42 PM   
evil bill

Well now having seen  Prometheus for the second time,i have to say,the production design/art work is breathtaking,making great use of art work left over from ALIEN by Jean Moebius,Chris Foss,Ron Cobb and of course H.R Giger,but never used.Check out The Book Of Alien by Paul Scanlon and Micheal Gross,it's all there including the "engineer??"being impregnated by a very large face hugger,not exact but damn near.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 425
RE: A L I E N - 6/6/2012 11:28:31 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

Well now having seen  Prometheus for the second time,i have to say,the production design/art work is breathtaking,making great use of art work left over from ALIEN by Jean Moebius,Chris Foss,Ron Cobb and of course H.R Giger,but never used.Check out The Book Of Alien by Paul Scanlon and Micheal Gross,it's all there including the "engineer??"being impregnated by a very large face hugger,not exact but damn near.

I saw that artwork - its absolutely brilliant! Giger is a fucking genius - some of the artwork he did for Alien is just beautiful and horrifying at the same time! Very Boschian - and there's a lot of sexual undertones in it aswell. In fact the Alien itself is hugely sexualised - the protruding inner mouth which looks a phallus! The facehugger which looks like a ....you get the idea! I also love the artwork by Moebius for the film! Absolutely stunning!

Even Ridley Scott is an acomplished artist, some of the work for his films called 'Ridleygrams' are just so brilliant! (my avatar is a Ridleygram depicting the Space Jockey!)

The artwork for Alien is another story in itself!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 426
RE: A L I E N - 7/6/2012 7:20:12 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

I saw that artwork - its absolutely brilliant! Giger is a fucking genius - some of the artwork he did for Alien is just beautiful and horrifying at the same time! Very Boschian - and there's a lot of sexual undertones in it aswell. In fact the Alien itself is hugely sexualised - the protruding inner mouth which looks a phallus! The facehugger which looks like a ....you get the idea! I also love the artwork by Moebius for the film! Absolutely stunning!

Even Ridley Scott is an acomplished artist, some of the work for his films called 'Ridleygrams' are just so brilliant! (my avatar is a Ridleygram depicting the Space Jockey!)

The artwork for Alien is another story in itself!

I knew i'd seen that avatar somewhere,and now i know cheers,and yes Ridley is a great artist,his storyboards are a work of art,and ofcourse that is why A L I E N looks so awesome.His whole apporach was from an artists eye for detail,which very few directors have,and the whole Alien story is very sexual,which always get's artists to do there best work. 

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 427
RE: A L I E N - 2/9/2012 12:11:57 AM   
max314

The perfect organism.

★★★★★

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 428
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A L I E N Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI