Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: A L I E N

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A L I E N Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A L I E N - 7/2/2012 3:44:55 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: milo66

I think its one of those things, you can love it or hate it.
The first time I watched it when it first came out I found it too far fetched, but I watched it again about a month age and loved every gory second of it.
Having said that, yes, I think its one of the classics of its type for sure.

Now this is something I've never heard levelled at Alien before.

I always found this film to be very grounded and natural (especially in the approach of the actors, it almost feels ad libbed in some group scenes) and I would have thought this was one of the reasons it is so accessible and 'believable'. Ok, it's a haunted house story, so you have to have characters on their own to set up specific shocks, but I never felt that these instances were in any way contrived or far fetched.

Interesting, and I'd love you to elaborate please.

Very well put indeed,and why it's so watchable time after time,also the art work is just awesome,it really is out of this world yet believable.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 391
RE: A L I E N - 4/3/2012 10:48:22 AM   
Snake-Eyes

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 392
A L I E N - 10/3/2012 7:52:59 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I was sad to read that French Artist Jean Giraud a.k.a. 'Moebius' has passed away. He of course, had worked on many films and created designs for ALIEN.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 393
RE: A L I E N - 10/3/2012 8:26:04 PM   
Mr. Fincher

It is one of the five greatest movies of all time, shared with Blade Runner, There Will Be Blood, Memento and Inception.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 394
RE: A L I E N - 11/3/2012 4:34:05 PM   
Whistler

Just booked my ticket to see it at the Filmhouse in Edinburgh

(in reply to Mr. Fincher)
Post #: 395
RE: A L I E N - 11/3/2012 4:36:58 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Nice! It's one of those films that ALWAYS feels 'at home' on the big screen. I recall watching it back in 2003 at Odeon Leicester Square - The Director's Cut. Looked and sounded absolutely stunning and even though I'd seen it many, many times before, I found myself at the edge of my seat when Brett went looking for that pesky cat!

Right. I know which film to watch tonight!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 396
RE: A L I E N - 11/3/2012 4:37:20 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

WTF and when?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Its ok just found out, March 21s in 70mm and Aliens on the 21st of April, also on 70mm!!!!!!! Get in, I'm there!!!!

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 11/3/2012 4:41:04 PM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 397
RE: A L I E N - 11/3/2012 4:40:53 PM   
Whistler

21st March, 8pm. CAN'T. FREAKIN'. WAIT. But that's not all...

ALIENS is showing on the 10th of April too!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 398
RE: A L I E N - 11/3/2012 4:47:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

I'm going to that screening!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 399
RE: A L I E N - 11/3/2012 7:26:45 PM   
evil bill

quote:

YOU LUCKY SCOTS
Here's hoping A L I E N get's a UK wide re release,as i'd love to see this on the big screen once again.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 400
A L I E N - 11/3/2012 7:29:26 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

quote:

YOU LUCKY SCOTS
Here's hoping A L I E N get's a UK wide re release,as i'd love to see this on the big screen once again.

ABSOLUTELY!

Funnily enough, I was recently talking to my cousin (mutual fan) and we both agreed that we have to take some time out soon and sit and watch ALIEN on blu-ray together. With a few beers of course!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 401
RE: A L I E N - 11/3/2012 7:36:06 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

quote:

YOU LUCKY SCOTS

ABSOLUTELY!

Funnily enough, I was recently talking to my cousin (mutual fan) and we both agreed that we have to take some time out soon and sit and watch ALIEN on blu-ray together. With a few beers of course!

The way it has to be done

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 402
RE: A L I E N - 11/3/2012 9:35:09 PM   
Rgirvan44

Got my ticket for Aliens tonight.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 403
RE: A L I E N - 12/3/2012 7:40:50 PM   
evil bill

quote:

quote:

quote:

YOU LUCKY SCOTS

ABSOLUTELY!

Strangely enough me and the mates have been talking A L I E N on Blu-Ray and a few beers(vodka in my case) this weekend,our way of celebrating St Patrick's day
I've been telling them how awesome it looks on Blu-Ray,so it's going to be at my place,kids to bed,and wifey can cover her eyes at selected moments.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 404
RE: A L I E N - 12/3/2012 8:32:10 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

YOU LUCKY SCOTS

ABSOLUTELY!

Strangely enough me and the mates have been talking A L I E N on Blu-Ray and a few beers(vodka in my case) this weekend,our way of celebrating St Patrick's day
I've been telling them how awesome it looks on Blu-Ray,so it's going to be at my place,kids to bed,and wifey can cover her eyes at selected moments.

Now that's a party right there bill!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 405
RE: A L I E N - 19/3/2012 7:24:06 PM   
evil bill

I'm sure all of you have now seem the new Prometheus Trailer,and if not well here it is,and it's kick off some great discussions on Future Films forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jRaa4Wkbk&feature=player_embedded
The space Jockey is in full view,and it looks like a Xenomorph is on the rampage,again very much A L I E N.
Me so happy i could BURST!!!!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 406
RE: A L I E N - 21/3/2012 6:25:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

Alien tonight!

Can't wait! Whistler - if you see this - I will be the guy with black framed glasses, the tweedish like jacket and Tyrell Corp t-shirt if you are kicking about.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 407
RE: A L I E N - 21/3/2012 11:09:39 PM   
Rgirvan44

Just back from the Edinburgh screening which was a lot of fun. The Filmhouse showed the Prometheus trailer just before Alien started up which was unexpected as they had said on twitter because they weren't getting the film in it would be unlikely they would screen it.

The print was old, really old. It had an X rating certificate at the start. The picture quality varied at parts - a red tinge here and there just through use over the decades. But at other times it looked like it could have been shot yesterday. Some cheeky sod had clearly also taken some frames from the film for a personal collection.

But honestly, even with these things, the film was amazing on the big screen - a true epic. The capacity crowd audience ate it up. What was interesting to me is that Alien is usually accused of being quite a cold film - but the audience was really responding to Parker and Brett and laughing at the jokes.

Aliens is next month and I expect that one to be a little more rowdy due to the awesome.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 408
RE: A L I E N - 21/3/2012 11:44:42 PM   
Spaldron

A bit miffed I missed Alien tonight, lack of funds as usual. Definitely making it through for Aliens though, should be a quote-fest.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 409
RE: A L I E N - 22/3/2012 12:35:48 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

A bit miffed I missed Alien tonight, lack of funds as usual. Definitely making it through for Aliens though, should be a quote-fest.

*Coughs* Why am I not invited to this? *Coughs*.

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 410
RE: A L I E N - 22/3/2012 12:44:10 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

quote:

I thought you were, didn't I mention it?

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 411
RE: A L I E N - 22/3/2012 12:45:35 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

quote:

I thought you were, didn't I mention it?

Yeah but you made it sound like you had already started to them.

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 412
RE: A L I E N - 22/3/2012 12:14:11 PM   
jcthefirst

Do you two not have phones?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 413
RE: A L I E N - 22/3/2012 12:28:08 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Do you two not have phones?

Nah.

Art

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 414
RE: A L I E N - 22/3/2012 5:22:05 PM   
Whistler

I missed it too Started feeling really shit after dinner yesterday, and I don't think people would have appreciated me throwing up in the middle of the film Absolutely gutted though - it's Sod's Law that I get ill the one night I have something important to do...

However, still having Aliens (partially) makes up for it. I WILL be there, and it's gonna rock!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 415
RE: A L I E N - 22/3/2012 7:39:28 PM   
evil bill

quote:

I missed it too Started feeling really shit after dinner yesterday, and I don't think people would have appreciated me throwing up in the middle of the film Absolutely gutted though - it's Sod's Law that I get ill the one night I have something important to do...

However, still having Aliens (partially) makes up for it. I WILL be there, and it's gonna rock!

Throwing up might be considered far out during a certain scene in A L I E N
quote:

Rgirvan44

Just back from the Edinburgh screening which was a lot of fun. The Filmhouse showed the Prometheus trailer just before Alien started up which was unexpected as they had said on twitter because they weren't getting the film in it would be unlikely they would screen it.

The print was old, really old. It had an X rating certificate at the start. The picture quality varied at parts - a red tinge here and there just through use over the decades. But at other times it looked like it could have been shot yesterday. Some cheeky sod had clearly also taken some frames from the film for a personal collection.

But honestly, even with these things, the film was amazing on the big screen - a true epic. The capacity crowd audience ate it up. What was interesting to me is that Alien is usually accused of being quite a cold film - but the audience was really responding to Just back from the Edinburgh screening which was a lot of fun. The Filmhouse showed the Prometheus trailer just before Alien started up which was unexpected as they had said on twitter because they weren't getting the film in it would be unlikely they would screen it.

But honestly, even with these things, the film was amazing on the big screen - a true epic. The capacity crowd audience ate it up. What was interesting to me is that Alien is usually accused of being quite a cold film - but the audience was really responding to Parker and Brett and laughing at the jokes.
and laughing at the jokes.

Shame it wasn't a brand new print,but glad you got to see it on the Big Screen,where it belongs like so many other classic Sci/Fi films/horror.
There was plenty of nervous laughter back in the year of it's release,during the Parker and Brett moments,then total silence for the rest of the onslaught.

< Message edited by evil bill -- 22/3/2012 7:40:52 PM >

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 416
RE: A L I E N - 22/3/2012 8:05:50 PM   
Whistler

quote:

quote:

Throwing up might be considered far out during a certain scene in A L I E N

Ha well if I could've somehow timed it...

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 417
RE: A L I E N - 23/3/2012 2:29:59 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

We'll make it this time Whistler, just keep it together and me and Ninj will see you through, vomitus or not!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 418
RE: A L I E N - 23/3/2012 2:43:02 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

Hope you're feeling better now? I took a funny turn earlier and still not feeling too hot at the mo. I had a Chinese for dinner but don't think that was the cause. A good night's rest should do it methinks!

Anyhoo, back on topic! Yes, as Spaldy say's we'll catch Aliens and then we'll all be happy and well.

Art

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 419
RE: A L I E N - 23/3/2012 8:35:35 PM   
Whistler

Yeah much better thanks, it was really just that night (which almost makes it worse).

quote:

We'll make it this time Whistler, just keep it together and me and Ninj will see you through, vomitus or not!

Maybe bring a few sick bags just in case?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A L I E N Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI