Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Sam Mendes Talks Preacher

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sam Mendes Talks Preacher Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sam Mendes Talks Preacher - 6/11/2008 5:05:27 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
eric Bana for Jesse custer - 6/11/2008 5:05:27 PM   
Hughezy

well, yes

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I pray for Preacher. - 6/11/2008 6:20:42 PM   
Taz69

Please let it happen. Like the previous news story of Preacher I commented on I love to to see either Sam Rockwell or Walton 'Shane from The Shield' Goggins as Jesse, Patrick Stewart as Starr, and this maybe left-field casting but as Saint of Killers has barely any lines, just a massive bulk of pure eternal death-dealing carnage-wielding menace, than how about the guy who wrestles as The Undertaker as he's huge, and has that gravely voice of death needed for the role. A lot of people would say Clint Eastwood for the role but it's a waste of his immortal talent (and he looking too frail nowadays) but I say WWE guy (I forget his real name Kevin something I think). He's been Dirty Harry in a wrestlemani promo so why not this?

Post #: 3
is nothing sacred anymore? - 6/11/2008 7:16:24 PM   
mike_390

ok i love comics and i love comic book movies but there are certain ones i wish would just stay cult within comic books, they're already going to screw up Watchmen and that's bad enough but preacher! why? hollywood needs to start coming up with it's own ideas instead of nicking everything. Preacher is one of the best peices of comic writing ever and there going to screw that up for a quick buck. for shame hollywood, for shame

Post #: 4
Preacher - 6/11/2008 8:57:04 PM   
rsh1978

Maybe an animated movie. There is SO much good stuff in this book I just dont thnk 3 movies let alone one could do it justice. Maybe some things are best left untouched. If it does go ahead though Im sure Ill be first inline

Post #: 5
Perhaps a little too obscure for most...... - 7/11/2008 12:34:04 AM   
boredbluekoala

But Mendes made a very good job of Road to Perdition, so we live in hope huh? BTW, a new vid-blog of WATCHMEN is up at myspace, period detail looks awesome, can't wait for that one..and finally there's a Pink Panther 2 trailer at Yahoo assuming you care( I regret nothing people)

Post #: 6
Can't make this in one film - 7/11/2008 1:40:49 PM   
cj5ar

It has to made as two or even 3 films. There is no way you can fit it all into one. Still I am mega excited even tho nothing is confirmed yet.

Post #: 7
Be Very Careful - 7/11/2008 4:28:46 PM   
munkimafia

If anyone is going to make this film, i pray (no pun intended) that they tread carefully. It is one of the greatest comic series ever, which touches on a fair few touchy subjects. My concern is that even a kids film like the Golden Compass removed all the references to god and religion that Pullman wrote, so I just hope that this isnt sanitized. How you would get half of the content past any censors is beyond me. Sometimes its better left on the page.

Post #: 8
Shouldn't be a film.... - 7/11/2008 5:41:23 PM   
lovemunkey187

I really don't think that Preacher should be made into a film.
The only way that I can see justice done to this story is for it to be made into a series by someone like HBO, who have been involved in the sometimes controversial and invariably brilliant shows like The Wire, Band of Brothers, Rome, Oz, Deadwood and The Sopranos.

Cast wise
Jesse Custer - Rufus Sewell (if he was younger)
Tulip O'Hare - Majandra Delfino
Cassidy - Desmond Askew
Starr - Richard Burgi
Saint of Killers - Sid Eudy
The Duke - Val Kilmer

(in reply to munkimafia)
Post #: 9
- 7/11/2008 11:31:43 PM   
paganprincess

I have never read these comic books, but now I am so intrigued that I am going to. There is a lot of passion out there from fans of Preacher whether any director can do the material justice. How can you make just one movie from a whole series of comics? Like other commentators maybe more than one movie is required.

Post #: 10
Sam Elliott for the Saint of Killers - 8/11/2008 1:41:17 AM   
JohnClark

I havent read the comic books but from the little spread don here on Preacher the bit on this guy sounds like Elliot to a T, that and the fact that the man with maybe the greatest voice in history should be somewhere in this film.

Post #: 11
I've read the comics and i say no! - 8/11/2008 12:41:04 PM   
anakin solo

I don't like the idea of a preacher film even though i've heard that he's a good director or producer,i'm just worried that the insane characters that are in preacher will be toned down.

Post #: 12
Cynical... Moi!? - 8/11/2008 2:21:09 PM   
losthighway

Now what did I say when this was orignally announced a week or so back... Pinch of salt time and as stated above, it's about as solid a project as Dub-ya's time in office. This movie will never happen - Mendes has said it himself - there ain't even a script!! Will sit back and wait to see who they wheel out next as the next 'definate' director to take this to the screen...! :O,

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sam Mendes Talks Preacher Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI