Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bond 23

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Bond 23 Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bond 23 - 2/4/2012 8:14:56 PM   
King of Kafiristan

The information storm SKYFALLs been throwing off these past few days has been fast and furious. It's getting pretty SPOILER heavy, even for me. I've decided to hold off on the worst/best of it, but needless to say, if you want to watch spycam footage of SKYFALL train stunts ETC, such material is now out there in the public sphere for your perusal.

In other news.....

A late breaking development on the BOND BEVERAGE front: Daniel Craig will star as Ian Flemming's JAMES BOND 007 in a special HEINIKEN advert to be directed by none other than SPYFALL mastermind Sam Mendes. For EON this represents an exciting and hitherto unprecedented development in their partnership with HEINIKEN. Further information suggests that 007 himself will be consuming HEINIKEN on screen for BOND 23.

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 2/4/2012 8:15:16 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 871
RE: Bond 23 - 2/4/2012 10:51:29 PM   
film man aidy

Just got back from a screening of The Cabin in the Woods(huge fun btw), and just before the main trailers, an advert promoting  many of 2012's movies was shown- the tagline was something like 'Why we love films '. It was pretty much a montage of minor snippets showing the likes of The Hobbit, but in amongst them all were a couple of very brief  shots featuring Daniel Craig in a tux. They looked like Skyfall to me, and to my knowledge, is the first official footage. I caught this at my local Showcase, so I don't know if it's exclusive to them.
I must emphersize that they are very brief though, so don't break your neck to see them... 

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 872
RE: Bond 23 - 3/4/2012 3:42:38 PM   
King of Kafiristan

BREAKING: CRAIG TO OPEN OLYMPICS AS JAMES BOND! (click)

The British monarch has officially asked for 007's assistance in securing the games, and Mr Craig has obliged the request:

quote:

In the short film, titled "The Arrival," Bond reportedly arrives at Buckingham Palace to get his instructions before being taken by helicopter to the Olympic Stadium in Stratford, East London, where he will parachute into the arena.

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 3/4/2012 3:48:10 PM >

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 873
RE: Bond 23 - 3/4/2012 3:57:01 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

The British monarch has officially asked for 007's assistance in securing the games, and Mr Craig has obliged the request:

quote:

In the short film, titled "The Arrival," Bond reportedly arrives at Buckingham Palace to get his instructions before being taken by helicopter to the Olympic Stadium in Stratford, East London, where he will parachute into the arena.

Pretty much given me the only reason to watch the opening ceremony then.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 874
RE: Bond 23 - 3/4/2012 4:48:24 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

quote:

Same here. I've recently learned to appreciate the WINTER OLYMPICS, but the SUMMER ones don't really do much for me. Watching people huff and puff in the heat is just exhausting, IMHO.

PS This reply gives me the perfect opportunity to post the image the image I wanted to post with the news item (but couldn't due to forum glitches):

[image]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o581/sekandergul/454ae87a_image.jpg[/image]

EDIT: Hrm it's still not working!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 875
RE: Bond 23 - 3/4/2012 5:07:29 PM   
bobatim

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Same here. I've recently learned to appreciate the WINTER OLYMPICS, but the SUMMER ones don't really do much for me. Watching people huff and puff in the heat is just exhausting, IMHO.

PS This reply gives me the perfect opportunity to post the image the image I wanted to post with the news item (but couldn't due to forum glitches):

[image]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o581/sekandergul/454ae87a_image.jpg[/image]

They should get Roger Moore to play Bond for this Olympic thing. Imagine the puns "Let the James begin"

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

Post #: 876
RE: Bond 23 - 3/4/2012 5:32:25 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You cant post images in certain sub-forums including this one, which sucks.

Post #: 877
RE: Bond 23 - 3/4/2012 5:52:28 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You cant post images in certain sub-forums including this one, which sucks.

Oh, how odd. Thanks for the heads up!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 878
RE: Bond 23 - 3/4/2012 6:27:13 PM   
Spaldron

The BBC are doing segments on Bond today, here's a short clip with some Skyfall spoilers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17600910

Post #: 879
RE: Bond 23 - 3/4/2012 6:27:30 PM   
rich

As it's The Sun I think I'll take that news with a handfuls of salt

Post #: 880
RE: Bond 23 - 4/4/2012 7:37:46 PM   
efc91

Biggest spoiler from that video is that Bond has shorter hair than he usually does. Cant wait for the film it looks like its going to be the best one Craig has done.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 881
RE: Bond 23 - 5/4/2012 12:27:44 AM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

The BBC are doing segments on Bond today, here's a short clip with some Skyfall spoilers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17600910

Thanks for that, it was a great clip!

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

As it's The Sun I think I'll take that news with a handfuls of salt

I'm seeing it cited as an APRIL FOOLS prank in some places, yet filming apparently really did go down already at the palace, according to some sources. So who knows.....

quote:

ORIGINAL: efc91

Biggest spoiler from that video is that Bond has shorter hair than he usually does. Cant wait for the film it looks like its going to be the best one Craig has done.

Good catch, I'd not noticed that at first! I do think you're right, this is going to be a BOND MOVIE long remembered!

PS I had a HEINEKEN for the first time ever last evening, and I must say, I didn't care for it at all. Blech! It's still a good fit for Bond though, as it has a particularly cinematic bottle, with an iconic form factor and a fetching patented shade of green.

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 5/4/2012 12:28:04 AM >

(in reply to efc91)
Post #: 882
RE: Bond 23 - 5/4/2012 9:21:57 AM   
st3veebee

Hardly spectacular news BUT in the Metro today was a short article saying Craig wants to equal Moores 7 films, saying he won't stop till they tell him.

Personally I am quite happy for him to make at least 2 more.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

Post #: 883
RE: Bond 23 - 5/4/2012 10:41:20 AM   
efc91

I know Daniel Craig is under contract to make 8 Bond films but I agree with you I would like to see him finish with around 5. I dont want to see a 50 something Craig running around it would be too similar to Moore's later films.

Post #: 884
RE: Bond 23 - 5/4/2012 12:27:36 PM   
theieuan

Another Bond girl added:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33587

You know, this place makes me wonder...Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?

(in reply to efc91)
Post #: 885
RE: Bond 23 - 5/4/2012 1:59:40 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Hardly spectacular news BUT in the Metro today was a short article saying Craig wants to equal Moores 7 films, saying he won't stop till they tell him.

Personally I am quite happy for him to make at least 2 more.

That was just pointless tabloid speculation from the interview he did with the BBC which I linked upthread.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 886
RE: Bond 23 - 7/4/2012 1:33:30 AM   
Whistler

Apparently the Skyfall teaser will be shown before MIB 3. Can anyone confirm this?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 887
RE: Bond 23 - 7/4/2012 2:05:28 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Apparently the Skyfall teaser will be shown before MIB 3. Can anyone confirm this?

They're both Sony films so I don't see why not although it is cutting it a bit close, if there is a teaser don't expect much footage.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 888
RE: Bond 23 - 7/4/2012 12:40:36 PM   
spark1

javier interviewed and craig in the aston martin-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/23525/-skyfall-trailer-hits-may-25th

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a375254/skyfall-behind-the-scenes-video-daniel-craig-to-drive-aston-martin.html

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_apr07_javier_bardem_tv_interview.php3?s=bond23&id=03132

'you always were a cunning linguist, james'

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 889
RE: Bond 23 - 7/4/2012 5:16:07 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

They're both Sony films so I don't see why not although it is cutting it a bit close, if there is a teaser don't expect much footage.

Spiderman also Sony, might get something with that, although if they say there's something with MIB3 they might be trying to encourage people to go see it

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 890
RE: Bond 23 - 7/4/2012 5:45:35 PM   
King of Kafiristan

While I'm eager to catch the SKYFALL teaser, I wish it were being attached to a film with just a touch of class, rather than MI3 which reeks of desperation (the film having been shut down and restarted after having initially begun filming without a finished script)

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 891
RE: Bond 23 - 7/4/2012 6:01:23 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

javier interviewed and craig in the aston martin-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a375254/skyfall-behind-the-scenes-video-daniel-craig-to-drive-aston-martin.html

'you always were a cunning linguist, james'

Interesting, this:
quote:

Craig also discussed the usage of classic Bond lines such as: "The name's Bond, James Bond."

"That was one of the keys with this film for us," he shared. "There are those classic lines that we have to have in there, and we've got them and we've got all that going on, but we wanted to sort of reinvent a few as well."

For QOS, apparently Craig at one point also delivered the "Bond, James Bond" line, but Foster left it on the cutting room floor. I believe I've spotted where it would have gone, and I don't see a good reason for leaving it out. Instead Bond basically doesn't respond to a direct question when someone asks who he is.

In 2009 I was inclined to support the director's artistic vision. I agreed and still think that leaving the gun barrel to the end was a good move. However, in the years since, I've come to question Foster's decisions on some of these points. Like with the unforgettable shot of Bond materializing over the desert horizon from the trailer not making the final cut.. The shot is, IMHO, amazing, and had the potential to be one of the coolest, most iconic shots of Bond in the series. I am left to wonder if stuff like cutting an overtly bad ass moment like that one, as well as the series convention of Bond's trademark introduction - even when it would have made cinematic sense to include these things - was simply Foster bristling at leaving the world of "serious" Oscar bait behind in order to make a genre picture, a reluctance to indulge in genre conventions for fear they'd somehow taint his artistic cred.

In CR, I'd initially wondered why they were holding off on the BOND THEME, and yet when we got to the epilogue, and I realized what they'd been doing, it felt just perfect. Craig's response to Mr White's question couldn't possibly have been cooler.

Now that Bond is established though, do I think there is anything wrong with bringing back some of these classic lines into the mix? As long as it's handled well, and isn't used as a groan inducing moment of winking to the audience, I think it will only serve to cement SKYFALL's status as one of the finest BOND FILMS of all time.

Can't wait to see what Craig has up his sleeve!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 892
RE: Bond 23 - 10/4/2012 5:13:08 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Turkey filming info has been leaked (click)

SPOILERS:

quote:

Filming for the new James Bond film 'Skyfall' will move to Istanbul, Turkey, later this month after work on the train sequences in Adana is completed.

Shooting in Istanbul is scheduled to take place between April 16th to May 6th around the major landmarks of the Egyptian Bazaar, the New Mosque and Yeni Cami Square.

According to local press reports, the action will involve a motorcycle chase and several vehicles being blown up.

The filming work will first involve the stunt team, starting on April 16th, before the principal cast members arrive in the city on April 30th.

Daniel Craig and the recently announced addition to the cast, Tonia Sotiropoulou, will both be on location.

Preparations for filming in the city start today.

quote:

The Hurriyet Daily News has confirmed the 'Skyfall' shooting schedule for Istanbul, covered on MI6 News yesterday.

According to the paper, preparation work begins on "April 16th, an Eminönü street will be closed to traffic and pedestrians for three weeks. The production company will pay the owners of shops on the street 750 Turkish Liras a day to cover their three-week loss. The owners will open their shops but will not be able to make sales."

Permission for the shooting has been obtained from the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, Culture and Tourism Ministry, Istanbul Governor’s Office and Fatih Municipality. The film team is expected to arrive in the city on April 30th. The shooting will continue until May 6th.

In addition to some of the popular attractions previously confirmed for 'Skyfall' action, such as the Mısır Çarşısı (Egyptian Bazaar) and Yeni Camii (New Mosque), other locations will include the Old Post Office, Bankacılar Avenue, Sultanhamam, Balat Kiremit Avenue and the Grand Bazaar .

Post #: 893
RE: Bond 23 - 11/4/2012 10:18:02 AM   
spark1

major spoiler-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2012/apr/10/skyfall-end-judi-dench-m?commentpage=all#start-of-comments

'it will be the last progamme you ever watch'

Post #: 894
RE: Bond 23 - 11/4/2012 10:30:54 AM   
King of Kafiristan

PRIORITY SKYFALL NEWS: FRENCH MAGAZINE GETS LOADS OF OFFICIAL SKYFALL STILLS... AND THEY'RE AWESOME!

(http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10105&t=mi6&s=news)

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 11/4/2012 10:31:16 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 895
RE: Bond 23 - 11/4/2012 9:36:13 PM   
rich

Some more new pics

http://www.slashfilm.com/skyfall-set-visit-preview-photos/bond-car-skyfall/

Post #: 896
RE: Bond 23 - 11/4/2012 10:06:50 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Bloody brilliant. I especially like the shots of Craig stealthily observing someone in their flat / hotel room. Mark my words: SKYFALL will be the best Bond film of all time.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 897
RE: Bond 23 - 12/4/2012 12:01:34 AM   
TolkenHobbitGuy

Looks great. I'm glad that M is in something that actually resembles an actual office again.
Fiennes looks as good as i expected him to, in a Bond movie. Can not wait.

Post #: 898
RE: Bond 23 - 12/4/2012 12:20:15 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

Bloody brilliant. Mark my words: SKYFALL will be the best Bond film of all time.

That's a tall order dude, I'll hold you to that.
I especially like the one with the DB5, glad they've revived it for one more car chase (I hope). Also psyched about Fiennes as the new M.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 12/4/2012 2:41:41 AM >

Post #: 899
RE: Bond 23 - 12/4/2012 12:25:59 AM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

quote:

Bloody brilliant. I especially like the shots of Craig stealthily observing someone in their flat / hotel room. Mark my words: SKYFALL will be the best Bond film of all time.

That's a tall order dude, I'll hold you to that.

Photos are superb though, I especially like the one with the DB5, glad they've revived it for one more car chase (I hope). Also psyched about Fiennes as the new M.

Fair enough! I have faith on this one!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Bond 23 Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI