Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 5/1/2009 9:12:35 PM   
KeithM

Let me put it this way - I hope my way of thinking is closer to the truth than yours, otherwise we're all in for a shitty few years of movies....

(in reply to KeithM)
Post #: 31
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 6/1/2009 2:48:27 PM   
Workshed

Well, that's a nice, optimistic approch. Unfortunately, all these pointless remakes smakck of , yes, yes, Hollywood running out of ideas, and whilst I understand that during the current economic climate,  the movie 'business' needs to make more safe money making movies, like the Michael Bay type blockbusters.

RoboCop is a perfectly structured movie and is a perfect example of the '80s uber-violent cyber punk genre and has no need to be updated. The chances that Aronifsky has dropped out bodes very badly for what was already a bad idea IMO, naturally.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to KeithM)
Post #: 32
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 6/1/2009 2:52:42 PM   
Tech_Noir

Robocop is a masterpiece, we all know that, but I still think there's loads of potential for interesting sequels.

I also don't see anything wrong with letting go of the satire and making it a dark horror/thriller.

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 33
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 6/1/2009 3:03:27 PM   
Monkeyshaver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Robocop is a masterpiece, we all know that, but I still think there's loads of potential for interesting sequels.

I also don't see anything wrong with letting go of the satire and making it a dark horror/thriller.

But Robocop IS a satire. & lets face it the powers that be don't want a dark horror/thriller they want as wide an audience as possible so this remake will probably be a heavily sanitised version. I can't imagine them having a little kid gangster running around with a gun killing people like in Robocop2!!

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 34
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 6/1/2009 3:09:58 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeyshaver

But Robocop IS a satire.

Paul Verhoeven's film was a satire, and a great one (ditto Robocop 2) but I'd be interested in the story of a half machine half cop going in a different direction.

Not a remake though but a sequel.

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 35
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 6/1/2009 4:14:19 PM   
Workshed

There is a segment from the Manga anime 'A.D. Police' where a similar cop-to-robot tranformation happens and the human brain starts to go crazy inside the mechanical body. The only thing he can do to 'feel' is to grind his human tongue between his teeth and eventually goes mental.

I think a similar sort of exceptionally dark concept would be very interesting to explore, but it shouldn't be called 'RoboCop'.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 36
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 6/1/2009 4:19:50 PM   
Workshed

By the way, here is the link to that A.D Police Episode for anyone who's interested. It's on youtube in 4 parts - CLICK

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 37
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 16/1/2009 8:15:16 PM   
Mason Verger

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

The best news I have heard in a while. The last thing Aaronofsky needs is to sell out.

He was probably only doing it because he needed a commercial hit. The success of The Wrestler means that he no longer needs to.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 38
RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake - 17/1/2009 11:18:10 AM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

The best news I have heard in a while. The last thing Aaronofsky needs is to sell out.

He was probably only doing it because he needed a commercial hit. The success of The Wrestler means that he no longer needs to.

is he still up to direct or just produce?

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Darren Aronofsky Talks RoboCop Remake Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI