Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Sorry to be sceptical but...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sorry to be sceptical but... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sorry to be sceptical but... - 30/10/2008 8:45:16 PM   
losthighway

I'll believe this when I'm actually sitting watching it! This project has been in development hell for so many years now that I'll remain dubious for now and take this news with a pinch of salt.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
Shoot a shot at God for me. - 30/10/2008 11:09:10 PM   
Taz69

I hate the ****
I vote for either Sam Rockwell too, or Walton 'Shane from The Shield' Goggins as he's a top actor and a great Texan accent. Patrick Stewart as the bald, (Stewart as a bald man? That'll be a stretch for him) angry assasin, Starr; that had his tackle shot/cut off.
And Jonathan Ross as Arseface. God that furore has gotten ridiculous and gone on stupidly WAYYYYYYYY to long. I hate the media as much as i do the big G. Except Empire of course :-)E)

< Message edited by Taz69 -- 30/10/2008 11:20:07 PM >

Post #: 62
- 31/10/2008 4:29:08 AM   
muchobenny

I still think an HBO series would've been better (although without the input of MSJ) but with Mendes directing this film does now have a fighting chance, at least.

Post #: 63
RE: The Preacher Casting Call - 31/10/2008 9:49:19 AM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Mate that's almost as bad as his although I do like the idea of Alan Rickman in that role.

Well at least it's only almost as bad,...i can live with that!

But please, humour us with your choices......

I did I was one of the first to on the first page.

Oh yeah,...my bad. Yours is shit too!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 64
Jon DE Jon - 31/10/2008 9:59:56 AM   
Hulkwarriors

I cannot possibly call who would play preacher... I would hope they get an unknown. Saint of Sinners should be played by James Cromwell... and Herr Star should be Willem Defoe

Post #: 65
RE: - 31/10/2008 12:54:09 PM   
chiropterror

quote:

ORIGINAL: muchobenny

I still think an HBO series would've been better (although without the input of MSJ) but with Mendes directing this film does now have a fighting chance, at least.

Mendes is a great pick. Not confident it can be done though

Agreed 100%.

The only good thing about this change is that we have been delivered from Mark Steven Johnsons clutches, as director and writer has almost no redeeming features. His deals in two main types of concept, cheese and cliche. For example he insists on using rock-pop over slo-mo sex scenes. How he could have made a more mediocre film than DD and Bullseye, i have no idea. Its not that they are all bad, in fact its almost worse that they are mediocre a syou can almost see the good ideas trying to get through.

BTW Wes Bently in Ghostrider = Worst film bad guy ever.

Lets face it if you cant make a good DD or GR film which has lighter touches, how on earth could you make Preacher, the most balls to the floor badass contoversial comic ever?

I would deffo rather see this on HBO.

(in reply to muchobenny)
Post #: 66
Losthighway I agree - 31/10/2008 12:56:17 PM   
opportunemoment

I don't see it being made either. I'm frankly amazed that it's got as far as to have a director solidly attached enough to make news. It'd definitely make a better series than film, but even that... I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm worried enough about how the characters would be written (without an incredibly light touch they could all become truly horrible people) that I'm not that worried about the actors, though they have to find a Tulip with depth and a Cassidy with a convincing Irish accent... preferably convincing to actual Irish people as well as Californians.

Post #: 67
Hmm... - 31/10/2008 5:58:17 PM   
thejonner

Pretty excited about this, but how many films are they planning? One film won't do it - it will be a confused mess, and that's just to those familiar with it. Are fans going to be telling people how great the comic was when the film was cack? It needs at LEAST a trilogy, but the HBO series idea was definitely the way to go. Anyone else see Matthew McConaughey for Jesse? Dye his hair black, he'll do. Or he would have done a few years ago, anyway.

Post #: 68
jesse - 1/11/2008 11:50:39 AM   
steed13

its gotta be Jason Patric

Post #: 69
- 1/11/2008 1:04:45 PM   
indysgill

About fuckin time!!!

Post #: 70
IF............ - 1/11/2008 10:41:12 PM   
tetchy

..........Keanu Reeves hadn't fucked up Constantine then I would have thought he would have been great in this role but my vote goes to David Tennant.

Post #: 71
Cast... - 3/11/2008 10:53:03 AM   
Herr Starr

Ok, Herr Starr would be a great role for Stellan Skarsgård.
Cassidy? Tim Roth!
Saint of Killers? Danny Trejo? Graham Greene? Ron Perlman?
I'm leaning towards Christian Bale for Preacher. But he is already batman, which is also DC. How about Ryan Gosling?
Tulip? no idea!

Post #: 72
Umm... - 26/5/2009 1:33:55 PM   
woozuk79

Does anyone else think this is a bad idea? Why remake such an excellent series in a format that is unlikely to do it justice?

The idea of 9 hour-long episodes might work, but the likelihood of the films improving on, or even matching, the source material is pretty slim. Call me a spoilsport, but I kinda hope this doesn't ever happen.

Post #: 73
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sorry to be sceptical but... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI