Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 30/10/2008 12:50:54 PM   
chainofmonkies

Casey Affleck has the capacity for emotional complexity (his turn as Robert Ford..), the swagger and the leading man status (after Gone Baby Gone). Having him and Sam Mendes team up on this would make for awesome viewing..

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
- 30/10/2008 1:00:12 PM   
wooz

James Franco!!!!!! Fuck! For years I've been stumped as to who might make an accurate looking Jesse! Thank you Empire. Thank you very much.

Post #: 32
- 30/10/2008 1:08:37 PM   
richCie

SWEET!!!
I'd love to see what Mendes could do with this. lets hope he all works out well, studios keep back and all that.
Oh and he doesnt do another miscast like Tom Hanks...

Post #: 33
Preacher trilogy anyone? - 30/10/2008 1:17:10 PM   
Uncle Ludo

This just might work, Mendes is certainly capable of pulling this off. Franco would be a good choice as would C Affleck, saying that though I'm thinking Sean Penn might just nail it. Clint would be brilliant as saint of killers, I also like Micky Rourke for that role. This is suited to a trilogy, there's way too much for a single film. Let us pray for success.......

Post #: 34
bring it on - 30/10/2008 1:39:48 PM   
jmh

if they can successfully adapt/produce Watchmen (hoping...), then Preacher should be a cinch though it's an acquired taste...Now a real challenge would be The Invisibles - over to David Lynch I think?

Post #: 35
RE: bring it on - 30/10/2008 1:44:25 PM   
CORLEONE

Maggie Smith for Gram'ma!!!

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to jmh)
Post #: 36
Richard Jenkins for Herr Starr. - 30/10/2008 1:57:35 PM   
ex machina

Not sure what the chap is like with accents but It'd be a dream come true to see him play a sadistic german eunuch.

Post #: 37
RE: The Preacher Casting Call - 30/10/2008 2:32:19 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Knightley

Jesse Custer: Clive Owen
Cassidy: Sean Penn
Tulip: Naomi Watts
Saint of Killers: Samuel L Jackson
Herr Starr: Christopher Walken

Dude, ....each to their own n'all that, and i admire your er....originality, but what the hell are you smoking?? That has to be the single worst picked cast list ever, and i do mean ever!!!! I feel dirty just reading it back......
....to cleanse myself, i feel it necessary to let you know how it should actually go!

Jesse Custer - Matthew Mcanaughey (although after reading this thread Nathan Fillion is an awesome shout!)
Cassidey - Robert Carlyle
Tulip - Scarlett Johansen
The Saint of Killers - Nick Nolte
Herr Starr - Alan Rickman

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Mister Knightley)
Post #: 38
RE: The Preacher Casting Call - 30/10/2008 2:46:52 PM   
matthewforan

Mate that's almost as bad as his although I do like the idea of Alan Rickman in that role.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 39
- 30/10/2008 4:17:38 PM   
Roll

Don't know how the fans feel about this but: I've never heard of it before but it sounds awesome. I'll definitely be Reading this before it is released!

Post #: 40
Nathan - 30/10/2008 4:19:51 PM   
ajpthomas

Nathan Fillion - can be funny, scary, tough and jump between them and everything in between.
Gotta be him for the Preacher man.

Post #: 41
Please, God, no! - 30/10/2008 4:20:01 PM   
darko18

Just let Preacher remain as the most awesome graphic novel that ever existed. Preacher is meant to be experienced as a novel, not some no-doubt half-decent adaptation. Sad face.

Post #: 42
RE: The Preacher Casting Call - 30/10/2008 4:33:27 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Mate that's almost as bad as his although I do like the idea of Alan Rickman in that role.

Well at least it's only almost as bad,...i can live with that!

But please, humour us with your choices......

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 43
err...Josh Brolin? - 30/10/2008 4:35:13 PM   
TomSolo

A little obvious maybe, but I can't think of anybody more suited. Proved in No Country For Old Men he can capture the hard-nosed but sentimental attitude. Nobody can embody the Texan spirit better than Josh Brolin.

Post #: 44
Oh, and Cassidy? - 30/10/2008 4:36:34 PM   
TomSolo

Again, perhaps a little obvious given the fag-smoking, foul-mouthed Oirish-ness of the character, but Colin Farrell would be perfect!

Post #: 45
W - 30/10/2008 4:37:23 PM   
palmerantony

was just gonna write, Josh Brolin, when i saw Tomsolo already had, its gotta be, surely?

Post #: 46
if its gonna happen... - 30/10/2008 4:38:22 PM   
freakinabsuit

Ian Mcshane as John Wayne or Saint or Killers. Or Clancy Brown(his voice would be incredible) for Saint of Killers. Julien Sands for Jesus De Sade? Cillian Murphy(rough him up) for Cassidy anyone?

Post #: 47
Cassidy - 30/10/2008 4:43:42 PM   
TomSolo

Come to think of it...Guy Pearce is a dead ringer, he has the sinewy looks of Cassidy, and he can also nail the accent, as demonstrated in The Proposition

Post #: 48
RE: The Preacher Casting Call - 30/10/2008 4:57:38 PM   
matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Well at least it's only almost as bad,...i can live with that!

But please, humour us with your choices......

I did I was one of the first to on the first page.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 49
- 30/10/2008 5:20:45 PM   
ninja bunny

Billy Crudup would make a great Jesse Custer and Cillian Murphy was born to play Cassidy.

Post #: 50
i cant believe hollywood has the balls to make this.... - 30/10/2008 5:41:32 PM   
chiropterror

The contact will have the Sony offices burned by red-necks and mid-western americans (most of who'm will take it of context.

Perfect cast :

Custer - Guy Pearce.
Cassidy - Has to be Gary Oldman (watch his gangster film with Sean Pennto see what i mean , cant reember the name at mo)
Tulip - Jaime Pressley
Saint O Killers - Scott Glenn or Kurt Russel

Post #: 51
Fantastic news.. - 30/10/2008 6:13:01 PM   
KlausKinski

it's great they have finally found a quality director for the adaptation. I'd go with Casey Affleck for Jesse, Paddy Considine as Cassidy, Viggo Mortenson for Herr Starr and Daniel Day Lewis or why not Clint Eastwwod for Saint of Killers? Afterall he was the prime inspiration for the character and can still kick it with the best of em.

Post #: 52
or maybe.. - 30/10/2008 6:17:28 PM   
KlausKinski

Sam Rockwell for Jesse...?

Post #: 53
WHAT TOLKEIN WOULD CALL A EUCATASTROPHE!!!! - 30/10/2008 6:25:55 PM   
Mopictures

This is probably the best news ever for Preacher fans.

Being that and a Mendes fan (not to mention his lovely wife) this is doubly awesome news. He will not only make HIMSELF a little rougher round the edges but he will also add his own classy visual style (Road to Perdition indeed!) to the epic landscapes of the comics.

Lets just hope the script's got the balls to match. And ps. Jeremy Piven as the Bill Hicks flashback, anyone???

Post #: 54
Been waiting too long for this... - 30/10/2008 7:24:18 PM   
YourOtherLeft

This has been and always will be the ultimate comic book series. Where else would you find Buggery, demons, vampires, whisky, cowboys and mythology? Ennis is a Genius.
Robert Carlyle as Cassidy anyone? Check out the classic third issue cover of Cassidy with nicholson pulling a Jack Nicholson grin par excellence!
Definitely gotta be Eastwood or Nick Nolte for Saint of Killers.
Its just a pity Lance Henriksen is getting on in years now, the way Glenn Fabry draws Jesse on the covers always reminds me of LH in Near Dark, same name too!

This is without doubt, the holy grail of comic adaptions, if it's done right, it'll be a fucking dark masterpiece and no mistake!
Couldn't be more excited...

Post #: 55
- 30/10/2008 7:28:22 PM   
casherbc

clint eastwood would make the ultimate 'saint o killer',

Post #: 56
You know what..? - 30/10/2008 7:33:15 PM   
YourOtherLeft

Klaus Kinski: Bulk him up a bit...I'd take Sam Rockwell as Jesse. Very good call sir!

Post #: 57
Also... - 30/10/2008 8:07:38 PM   
YourOtherLeft

While Jesse's subplot as a sheriff in 'Salvation' would be one of the first things to go from a film (or trilogy, fingers crossed) script, despite having the payoff of being reunited with his mum, NO ONE can dispute that Toby Jones in a bald cap and thick glasses would make the ultimate Odin Quincannon! For looks alone, thats gotta be unbeatable casting.

Post #: 58
Impossible adaptation. - 30/10/2008 8:13:31 PM   
ButchCassidy

Jesus Christ, people thought Watchman would be difficult to put on celluloid. How on Earth can they condense Preacher's 75 issues (including specials) into one film???
Considering Neal Moritz (I Am Legend) and Jason Netter (Wanted) produced two films that are barely recognizable from their source material (I Am Legend is shite; Wanted is good, though nowhere near as great as the comic), I'm really worried about Preacher. It's my favourite story of all time, and I'd rather it remained in print form than appear as some bastardised Hollywood affair. Only the aformentioned HBO production would stand a chance of being faithful.

Post #: 59
Should not be done... - 30/10/2008 8:23:18 PM   
Jonda Fett

I love the preacher series. It surpasses any comic I have ever read. The thought of it being condensed and diluted in to a film is shameful. I could maybe have accepted the HBO series but it won't work as a film or even trilogy. It's too damned epic. p.s It would have to be Clint for Saint o' killers. It is based on his character from the spaghetti westerns to unforgiven. If it wasn't him then that would be as criminal as making the film in the first place.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI