Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 7:07:31 PM   
Rgirvan44

I was actully sad enough to go onto his IMBD site and check the forum...it does indeed appear to be scary fans that post these comments.

At least we now know where they come from.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1500155/board/flat/121404920?p=1

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 31
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 7:27:18 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

I was actully sad enough to go onto his IMBD site and check the forum...it does indeed appear to be scary fans that post these comments.

At least we now know where they come from.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1500155/board/flat/121404920?p=1

Very scary...also there is the stuff at CHUD....but we won't go there.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 32
The Moustache - 29/10/2008 10:05:32 PM   
VictorVM

Salvador Dali's own moustache was hair extensions mounted on drinking straws for easy removal and replacement, and looked every bit as fake and over-the-top as that photo, so it seems the problem lies with Dali's own chicanery, and not with this film production.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 33
The Moustache - 29/10/2008 10:06:18 PM   
VictorVM

Salvador Dali's own moustache was hair extensions mounted on drinking straws for easy removal and replacement, and looked every bit as fake and over-the-top as that photo, so it seems the problem lies with Dali's own chicanery, and not with this film production.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 34
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 11:30:27 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helen OHara

Right, as of now all of those who post ONLY about this film and Pattinson are being put on pre-mod - which, for any lurking newbies, means that they anything they write will have to be approved by the mod team, and anything involving either Pattinson or Little Ashes will not be approved.

If any regulars spot any new aliases posting solely or overwhelmingly on these subjects, drop me a line. Cheers!

I love these threads.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Helen OHara)
Post #: 35
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 30/10/2008 2:31:16 AM   
nutteronabus

I've seen it. It's rubbish.

I won't even begin my rant on how Spanish-funded and Spanish-shot films about notable people of Spanish origins should NOT be in fucking English.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 36
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 30/10/2008 9:24:54 AM   
Felix

The real question is, does Mr Pattinson know that a) he has a lot or freaky fans and b) his PR company are really, really, really, shit at positive PR?

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 37
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 30/10/2008 10:05:54 AM   
goregoregirl

@ nutteronabus

I'm glad I'm not the only one! The amount of greif I got from fangirls (who the vast majority of will not have seen the film) when I wrote a mediocre review on my blog was ridiculous.

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 38
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 30/10/2008 12:16:10 PM   
rayhiggins

Is Parts per Billion going to be the new Little Ashes? Can we expect this every single time he's attached to a film?

I will say this much, the life of Dali would make an excellent film. However, I strongly doubt this will be it. Is there a trailer for it anywhere so I can see if it has the makings of at least a 'flawed, but interesting' film?

(in reply to goregoregirl)
Post #: 39
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 30/10/2008 12:44:07 PM   
Karl Crutchley

Do you think this level of fandom came about because he is Pattinson, or because Pattinson is playing Edward Cullen in Twilight? I don't remember a big fuss about him after Harry Potter

< Message edited by Karl Crutchley -- 30/10/2008 2:08:02 PM >

(in reply to rayhiggins)
Post #: 40
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 30/10/2008 2:58:05 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Crutchley

Do you think this level of fandom came about because he is Pattinson, or because Pattinson is playing Edward Cullen in Twilight? I don't remember a big fuss about him after Harry Potter

It's because of Twilight. Those fans are scary.

For the record if I had ever done PR like this I would of been fired. 

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Karl Crutchley)
Post #: 41
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 30/10/2008 8:29:21 PM   
sanchia

It does seem to be remarkably lazy of them doesn't it?

with regards to some of the IMDB comments they seem to think the comments made are negative about this relatively unknown Pattinson bloke who so far has done little of note. It isn't it relates more to the rather poor and blind approach his scary fanbase have.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 30/10/2008 8:32:42 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 42
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 30/10/2008 10:18:13 PM   
Amelie_Scotland

The Twilight fans actually make me ashamed to be associated with the word 'fan.' They're rabid, poorly written, ignorant and being lead on by a series that pretty much writes the handbook on domestic abuse! The funny thing is Robert Pattinson always hints in interviews that he doesn't actually like the books that much. Clever move by Empire to publicise Twilight and Pattinson, their sales figures are bound to increase.

I'd just like to say to musebaby, thank you for being a level headed fan, you're a rarity in these Twi-Hard riddled days.

I'm clean, I'm conscientious and I travel with my own tits.

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI