Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First Look At Robert Pattinson As Dali

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Look At Robert Pattinson As Dali Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Look At Robert Pattinson As Dali - 29/10/2008 12:20:58 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 29/10/2008 12:20:58 PM   
Karl Crutchley

So it begins........

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 29/10/2008 12:25:10 PM   
Monkeyshaver

Are they going to show him taking photos of Brian Sewell masturbating?

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Karl Crutchley)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 29/10/2008 1:11:20 PM   
Rgirvan44

That picture exceeded my wildest expectations.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 29/10/2008 1:12:59 PM   
Felix

omg!! yaaaaaaaaays!! that looks amazin!!! hes gr8!!

have you heard about his new film coming out next year? he plays salvadore dali and its called little ashes. hes going to be huge.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 29/10/2008 1:20:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

tOtALLY AgRee Felixxxx!!!

Hope all the ha8ters dont come on here.LOL!!!!!!!!!

:-)

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 6
Good lord - 29/10/2008 2:12:38 PM   
SolarDave

They could at least make the moustache not so stuck on like a Halloween costume

Post #: 7
RE: RE: - 29/10/2008 2:49:41 PM   
rayhiggins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

tOtALLY AgRee Felixxxx!!!

Hope all the ha8ters dont come on here.LOL!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Oh thank God, it's just you two, I thought they really had invaded.

It looks like somebody just surprised him by smacking that moustache on and then took a picture within milliseconds.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 8
When I Saw The Pic... - 29/10/2008 2:53:26 PM   
chizmund

I honest to God thought it was a defaced Twilight poster. In fact, I still do. All that's missing are some spectacles and a cock pointed at his face. That looks dreadful.

< Message edited by chizmund -- 29/10/2008 2:55:04 PM >

Post #: 9
Great reviews from people who saw Little Ashes at Raind... - 29/10/2008 3:08:31 PM   
musebaby

Little Ashes got any early airing at Raindance and the performance was sold out (needing an extra showing the following day) due to Pattinson's popularity. Feedback for the film was glowing and I especially liked some fans descriptions of some of the scenes:-

"It begins with a dark cloudy night with Dali and Lorca jumping out of a rowing boat into the ocean. It's so dark they can barely see each other, but then the moon comes out and the whole scene is transformed, both characters look ethereal in the moonlight. The filming follows them as the twist around in the water, it films them from below and above until you can barely tell who's who, in the same way they feel themselves becoming one they become one in the eyes of the audience too.

Under the moonlight they share their first kiss, all pretence dropped they are entirely themselves. It is one of the most romantic scenes I have seen. When it cuts back to the scene later in the film there is a powerful feeling of longing for the simple beauty which they shared that night, one which they both know they can never return to."

How sexy does that sound. I'm sold

Post #: 10
Sex scenes beautfully dealt with - 29/10/2008 3:09:54 PM   
musebaby

More feedback on a key sex scene:-

"The sex scene .. is a magnificent scene because the sensuality comes second to the acknowledgement that each of the three characters is suffering in their own personal hell. Dali's eyes are filled with tears and he struggles to understand his powerful reaction to what he is witnessing, Margarita is finally getting the man she wants but feels like she is being used, a toy in someone else's love affair, and Lorca hates himself for using a woman he knows loves and respect him to express his love for another. "

Post #: 11
RE: Sex scenes beautfully dealt with - 29/10/2008 3:12:54 PM   
rayhiggins

It. Has. BEGUN!!!

(in reply to musebaby)
Post #: 12
Pattinson and Beltran Superb - 29/10/2008 3:13:09 PM   
musebaby

More reviewers feedback. Pattinson's fans are very eloquent:-

"The passion between Robert Pattinson playing Dali and Javier Beltran as Lorca is wonderful, when they are happy you can't help but smile with them and when they are tense you will be gripping the armrests of your chair."

"I have two favourite scenes which I thought captured the torturous and yet exciting feelings that the leads were successfully attempting to portray. The first is when they were riding bicycles and playing on the beach, the ease the fun in there relationship before they had crossed the physical line was picture perfect romance, truly heartwarming even though the whole time you knew it could never end well. My second favourite scene is when Lorca goes to visit Dali in a hotel 8 years after they parted under awkward circumstances. You can actually feel Lorca's pain at seeing Dali hide under affections and exaggerated eccentricity and at the same time feel Dali's need to just push his guard down and grab the only person he's every really loved.

The final scene of Dali with the black paint (no I wont go into any more detail than that it would ruin it!) is cinematic genius, so powerful and moving. It's marvellous. I want to watch it again and I suggest you look out for it. "

Post #: 13
EW and MTV coverage of Pattinson and Little Ashes - 29/10/2008 3:18:34 PM   
skiptonch

Entertainment Weekly have a lot more images and MTV too
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20210536,00.html

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1598106/story.jhtml

Post #: 14
Be careful... - 29/10/2008 3:19:37 PM   
goregoregirl

...what you post about Pattinson - the fans are enthusiatic, to say the least.

Pesonally I think he looks ridculous.

Post #: 15
Blogs reports on the Film - 29/10/2008 3:20:25 PM   
skiptonch

Two great blogs on the film at

http://ladybracknell.livejournal.com/2008/10/08/

http://readromance.blog.co.uk/2008/10/07/little-ashes-at-the-riverdance-festival-4837045#c7952409

Post #: 16
RE: Blogs reports on the Film - 29/10/2008 3:24:37 PM   
rayhiggins

Someone get Helen in here, double-quick, so we can hold back this Army of Darkness.

(in reply to skiptonch)
Post #: 17
Rob Pattinson and Javier Beltran fantastic in Little Ashes - 29/10/2008 3:27:16 PM   
cazzybbb

I saw Little Ashes at Raindance a few weeks ago and in my opinion the film is a masterpiece. Stunningly photographed. Spain has never looked more beautiful. The costume designer needs a special shout out. I just adored how they were dressed. I wont gush on and on about the actors because the geeky guys on here will just produce a bucket of stomach acid but Pattinson and Beltran gave truly fantastic performances. If yoru only into jerking off to Ironman then Little Ashes might not be for you but I adored it.

Post #: 18
RE: Rob Pattinson and Javier Beltran fantastic in Littl... - 29/10/2008 3:59:56 PM   
Karl Crutchley

Because i'm sure the story of Salvador Dali's lovelife is of real interest to all the screaming girlies and they aren't just going to see it because Pattinsons in it.
Tell me if this film had a different actor in it, would you all still be championing it? 

(in reply to cazzybbb)
Post #: 19
Pattinson draws fans to less obvious subject matter - 29/10/2008 4:09:58 PM   
musebaby

As far as I'm concerned being a fan of Pattinson has drawn me to a film and subject matter I might have overlooked. So if anything having an actor with growing popularity in a role like this is an asset. It stops a gem of a film going relatively unnoticed. Would Empire, EW, MTV be giving it attention if it wasnt for Rob's growing popularity. Probably not. Pattinson will get many more wonderful roles because he's a ver talented and versatile actor and producers will see what an asset he is to any project.

Watch out for him in the indie film Parts Per Billion film next year with Olivia Thirlby. Thirlby says its the most beautiful script she has ever read.

Post #: 20
Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 4:12:54 PM   
musebaby

One final point - you shouldnt assume Pattinson's fan base is made up of young girls who can only type ISNT HE HOT. His fanbase is quite formidable actually - large, varied and of course in my case super sexy. Ta ra for now.

Post #: 21
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 4:17:15 PM   
Karl Crutchley

You forgot modest as well

(in reply to musebaby)
Post #: 22
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 4:24:06 PM   
Rgirvan44

sHuT up Karly!!!

You totally don't get it.

Post #: 23
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 4:57:26 PM   
Karl Crutchley

I so do but my Cedric Diggery Tattoo is wearing off now

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 24
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 5:13:34 PM   
Helen OHara

Right, as of now all of those who post ONLY about this film and Pattinson are being put on pre-mod - which, for any lurking newbies, means that they anything they write will have to be approved by the mod team, and anything involving either Pattinson or Little Ashes will not be approved.

If any regulars spot any new aliases posting solely or overwhelmingly on these subjects, drop me a line. Cheers!

"I never understood drinking. It isn't good for your looks, and it cuts down on what you are. I never wanted to cut down on what I am." - Mae West

"Movies are forever, and sex doesn't last" - Mae West.

Post #: 25
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 5:20:46 PM   
sanchia

Damn hasn't his PR department got better things to do.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Helen OHara)
Post #: 26
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 6:10:52 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

Damn hasn't his PR department got better things to do.

Scary thing is, it might not be his PR department!

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 6:24:19 PM   
Rgirvan44

If it his PR Company then I have to wonder if they realise annoying Empire magazine isn't the best way to push their client into the mainstream.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 28
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 6:30:23 PM   
sanchia

It is just the manner in which the comments are constructed just seem very unnatural and have that PR executive sort of gloss to them. Also the manner in which so many "different" people make comments which are almost identical (usually consisting of quotes with no actual reference to where they came from or who said them) makes it appear incredibly artificial. This Pattinson bloke must be pretty poor if his PR co does have to resort to such a (to be honest) pathetic approach. if they are fans then they are very limited in their approach with so many formulating almost identical comments or bland droolings.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 29
RE: Pattinson's fanbase - large and varied - 29/10/2008 6:31:15 PM   
sanchia

Double

< Message edited by sanchia -- 29/10/2008 6:33:25 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Look At Robert Pattinson As Dali Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI