Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 7/2/2006 9:25:11 PM   
wgamador

My Top Ten Crap Films.......

-In no particular disgusting order:

10. The Mangler Reborn
9. Ping
8. Darkness Falls
7.  Jaws: 3-D
6. Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows
5. The Cave
4. Leprechaun
3. Bride of Chucky
2. Batman & Robin
1. Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

If the above list gave birth it would look like this:
1. White Chicks
2. American Psycho 2
3. Maid in Manhattan
4. Tarnation
5. Anyhing with Madonna cast in it.....not always her fault, the writing has been aweful!
6. Weekend at Bernies Part 2

"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.
This stuff will...make you
a God-dam' sexual ty-rana-sorous... just like me."
-Blain
Predator

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 91
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 7/2/2006 9:41:06 PM   
Private Hudson

Blair Witch Project is right up there with the worst turkeys ever.

The screening I went to all those years ago ended in a near riot. Cups of coke being thrown at the screen etc...

Was like a Millwall game.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 92
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 7/2/2006 9:50:48 PM   
wgamador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

The screening I went to all those years ago ended in a near riot. Cups of coke being thrown at the screen etc...

I never understood why people hated the end of that movie, i thought it was original, i think folks just hated being scared by a low budget movie and finding out that the websites and all the info in them were fake, really pissed people off. I just enjoyed the ride.

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 93
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 8/2/2006 10:36:39 PM   
svgbdgr

Ticker
At least Seagal's movies always had comedy value, the crap acting, spouting eco friendly dribble, trying to be philosophical, running like a girl etc.
By the time Ticker came around, he was obviously much more interested in pie intake, couldn't even be arsed to fight properly, it's blatantly some other bloke in a fat suit doing the moves, and close ups of Seagal's utterly disinterested face. Dennis Hopper pulls off the worst accent in film history, only realised an hour in that he was supposed to be Oirish! And the "climax"? As I remember Seagal disarms a bomb by pressing the "OFF" button with 2 hours to go (or something) then sods off to the cake shop (probably).

Oh, and also...

Matrix Revolutions
Buh Oh Locks! Hell of a way to fuck up the memory of a great and original movie.
Torque
Just plain horrifying.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 94
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 9/2/2006 11:46:11 AM   
Monkeyshaver

Serenity

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 95
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 9/2/2006 12:46:31 PM   
buffy

I'd have to say The Blair Witch Project is one of the funniest films I've seen. I couldn't believe it was supposed 2 be scary!

In every generation there is a chosen one

Member of COBW

Last 5 movies

Airplane 4/5
Hot Fuzz 4/5
Casanova 3/5
Pirates of The Carribean: At Worlds End 3/5
Alpha Dog 4/5

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 96
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 2/3/2006 9:35:45 PM   
Oh Your God

The worst films ever for me are wimbldon had to go with my mate and his girl and felt like poking his eyes out after he made me see it and bride and predjudice that film is just all kinds of crap again i had to go see with them again because the bitch couldnt get into AVP, id rather watch anything than that.

The Joker: NO! You did this to me! And you condemned me to that asylum, like some bastard child that you refuse to take responsibility for! That's why you'll never kill me, Bats! You made me... Daddy!

Batman: Criminal scum like you... made me!

(in reply to drippie929)
Post #: 97
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 2/3/2006 9:36:44 PM   
Oh Your God

I steared clear of talk like the plague

The Joker: NO! You did this to me! And you condemned me to that asylum, like some bastard child that you refuse to take responsibility for! That's why you'll never kill me, Bats! You made me... Daddy!

Batman: Criminal scum like you... made me!

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 98
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 2/3/2006 10:33:33 PM   
Squave

Tell us what dvd's she has and we'll see what's worse...

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 99
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 12/3/2006 10:08:10 PM   
weejoe

Worst films: Highlander 2, Batman & Robin, The Postman, Catwoman, am sure there's plenty more i've forgotten.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 100
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 12:22:56 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: weejoe

Worst films: Highlander 2, Batman & Robin, The Postman, Catwoman, am sure there's plenty more i've forgotten.

Finally mentioned but i agree with catwoman! Just awful in everyway!

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to weejoe)
Post #: 101
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 12:53:12 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

You people don't know the meaning of the term "worst film" -- you've clearly not suffered through 'Intersection'. *Ls*

For those of you spared this horror, let me enlighten you: A Richard Gere project, the film opens with Richard sitting in his car at a, yes you guessed it, intersection (see what they did with the title there? Clever, isn't it? So many levels...). He;s trying to decide which direction to drive in (metaphorically with his life). Cut to his recent past: married, but bored with wife, marriage on the rocks, midlife crisis, so far so Nicholas Cage. Then Richard starts having an affair.

TWO HOURS of viewing time later, he's got to choose between his wife, with whom things have been getting much better, or his mistress. He's driving, reaches the intersection. Route A is the wife, return to fidelity, rebuild his old life. Route B is the mistress. He makes a decision, hits the indicator, pulls out into traffic....

...and before we can see who he chose, he gets hit by an articulated lorry, car crashes, he's killed. Now, I enjoy seeing Richard Gere mangled beyond repair as much as the next person, but this film was easily the most painfully awful thing I've ever sat through. All my Mum;s fault -- I made the fatal error of letting her go to the video store alone to choose a film. She returned with 'Intersection'; she never actually reads the blurb on the back of the box, she just picks a film because she likes the cover. And thus brings shame to women everywhere.

Another definate contender for Worst Film Ever: 'Wishmaster'. I came VERY close to walking out of the cinema during this one, and actually yelled alound at one point, "But that wasn't a f**king WISH!" This film didn't even try; it just gave up on the whole premise of 'be careful what you wish for' ten minutes in, so that from then onwards no matter what you said to the Wishmaster, he'd curse you in some painfull uninspired way. What a waste of time.

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 102
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 1:00:04 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

I once had to sit through 'The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie', one of those 60s/70s French films that try to represent post-modernism through the subtle medium of a dinner table of guests all having a food fight, then shooting each other.

I think that film raised my pain threshold significantly. I can now endure torture without cracking.

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 103
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 1:02:25 PM   
great_badir

I've always courted controversy with my personal choice for worst film ever - Danny Boyle's Trainspotting.

I'm not just saying that to be provocative or to start a flame war (i'd like to think that those familiar with my posts here realise i'm on the level), but ever since I first saw it it insulted my intelligence, irritated me, bored the hell out of me and left me in a red-faced rage over the fact that this, Four Weddings & A Funeral and Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels are basically THE British film industry, perfectly illustrating why 90% of British films are carbon-copied heaps of shit.

Yes, I know there are thousands of films that are technically worse than Trainspotting, but at least you can have a laugh at the unashamed and outright poor quality of any Ed Wood film or, say, Weekend At Bernie's 2. 

< Message edited by great_badir -- 13/3/2006 1:03:27 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 104
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 1:07:27 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

Okay, I think this needs a few ground rules: I mean, if a film is so bad it's unintentionally hilarious, it doesn't really count as "worst film ever" as there's some enjoyment to be had, ie Jaws: The Revenge (inspired; Michael Caine looks like he's crying on the inside, his mind chanting 'what have I done, I don't belong here'), Deep Blue Sea (the glaring continuity errors, the blatent ignoring of the fact that sharks don't only swim forwards because they're stupid, but because if they swim backwards they flood their gills and DROWN), Deep Rising (bit of a sea-theme here, maybe there's a connection), or any Steven Segal films.

And films that glory in their own rubbish-ness shouldn't count, like Batman Forever. Don't get me wrong, it's appalling, but it's a Joel Schaumacher film, these things happen, and The Riddler is an enjoyable villian ("That's never gonna heal if you don't stop picking.").

To count as "Worst Film EVER" it's got to be unreedemably awful, and we need a consensus, surely? Because if even a handful of people like it (I stand by 'Scrooged' and 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen' in the face of popular rejection) it can;'t qualify as "Worst Ever".

I defy anyone to find a worse film than my aforementioned 'Intersection'.

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 105
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 1:10:26 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

I'm with you on 'Weekend at Bernie's 2'; my housemates and I watched that on a Hangover Day once, laughed ourselves sick. Inspired.

I'm truly amazed there's someone out there who doesn't like 'Trainspotting', though! That's like hating parfait. You don't ever met anyone who says, 'Hell no, I don't like no parfait'...

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 106
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 1:22:29 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

I'm truly amazed there's someone out there who doesn't like 'Trainspotting', though! That's like hating parfait. You don't ever met anyone who says, 'Hell no, I don't like no parfait'...

I like parfatit.

But I HATE Trainspotting.  There isn't one single element in that entire film that I can ever bring myself to comment on favourably.  I'll be a happy man if I NEVER have to see it again.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 107
RE: Worst Films Ever Made - 13/3/2006 1:28:00 PM   
Captain Black

The one that instantly springs to my mind is mid 80s right wing propaganda nonsense Red Dawn (d. John Milius 1984). For those unfamiliar with it, here's the plot summary from IMDb:

quote:

A group of high school students become guerrilla fighters when their town is invaded by Central American and eventually Soviet soldiers at the beginning of WWIII in this apocalyptic fantasy. The pressures of their desperate existence begin to wear away at the "Wolverine's" unity as the Soviet bloc forces hunt them down.

Sounds great, eh?

It really is the most jingoistic, offensive tosh I've ever had the misfortune to sit through and to be honest, I only kept watching to see how low they'd stoop. And just take a look at its castlist of 80's darlings: Patrick Swayze, Lea Thompson, Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey - thankfully they all seem to have been cursed with some degree of career failure due to their association with Red Dawn. I'd like to put across a more eloquent argument as to why it's so bad, but it's been a number of years since I've seen it and, if I'm honest, life's too short to even contemplate watching it again out of curiosity value. Avoid.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 108
RE: Worst Films Ever Made - 13/3/2006 2:27:52 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

Red Dawn sounds spectacular. Bizarrely enough, the blurb reminded me of another awful film; 'The Wizard'.

Basically one long advert for Nintendo, it charts the lives of two brothers (one played by Fred 'The Wonder Year's Savage), whose family has been traumatized by the death of their sister. The younger brother has gone into some kind of psychosis, saying only "California" in a really weird voice, as that's where they went on holiday before his sister died, and was the last place the family were happy.

So far so good. Then the boy learns to come to terms with the death of his sister, overcome his personal trauma, and build a new life for himself, through the medium of Nintendo. Basically, he and Fred Savage go on the road, pick up a girl, enetr the younger brother into Nintendo competitions, where he plays the new Nintendo game, no the new Nintendo console, using new Nintendo controllers... One line of the blurb that sticks with me is that they're hitch-hiking and "learning about the sometimes harsh, and sometimes hilarious realities of life on the road". Sort of 'Save the Last Dance' meets 'Castaway' (ie the FedEx/Nintendo sponsorship). Alas, these "realities" don't include getting kidnapped, robbed, sold into child slavery etc.

And Great_Badir, I feel the force of your hatred for Trainspotting, and I always respect rage.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 109
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 3:59:45 PM   
The Don

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

I once had to sit through 'The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie', one of those 60s/70s French films that try to represent post-modernism through the subtle medium of a dinner table of guests all having a food fight, then shooting each other.

Hey, that's a masterpiece!  Okay, I can see how it might not be for everybody and I know that Buņuel is pretty much "hate 'im or love 'im", but surely you didn't think it was that bad?

Anyways, you're new here, aren't you? Welcome. To. The. Foruuuuum!

Post #: 110
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 5:33:14 PM   
Tokenfella

My turn to shout:

I F***ING HATE EWW-YEWW TOILET C*** LICKING E-BOLL-A AND HIS STUPID EXCUSE OF BELOW Z GRADE FILMS!! HOUSE OF THE DEAD, ALONE IN THE DARK, BLOODRAYNE AND DUNGEON SIEGE WILL GO DOWN. JUST F*** YOURSELF AND DIE, BOLL. PAUL WS ANDERSON ALSO MUST DIE FOR MAKING ARSES VS PUSSIES!!!

That's better, apologies for the shouting, folks.

< Message edited by Tokenfella -- 13/3/2006 5:34:27 PM >

I don't believe in pick-up lines. I simply say 'Now'.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 111
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 6:02:09 PM   
Ripper

quote:

ORIGINAL: wgamador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

I never understood why people hated the end of that movie, i thought it was original, i think folks just hated being scared by a low budget movie and finding out that the websites and all the info in them were fake, really pissed people off. I just enjoyed the ride.

I never understand why when one person says they didnt like Blair Witch, another will immediately say they dont like/are scared by low buget. I just didnt like it, to be honest, the acting was mediocre, the strory wasnt that great, but the fact that its such a low budget is surely a strength of it.. I mean it made what, about a 1000 per cent profit?

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 112
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 6:03:50 PM   
Ripper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeyshaver

Serenity

Why oh why oh why oh why cant you ever back your statements up? Are we supposed to accept them as fact just because you havent given any form of a support whatsoever, so you must be right?

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 113
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 7:18:35 PM   
The Don

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ripper

I mean it made what, about a 1000 per cent profit?

More like 100000000 %, actually.

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 114
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 7:31:45 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

Yep, fairly new! Thanks for the welcome. And yep, 'Discreet Charm' is the Marmite of the film world.  It divided my English group, too; I preferred 'The Idiots' myself. So gloriously politically incorrect!!

I think I might have appreciated 'Discreet Charm' a lot more were it not for the fact that our film screenings were at 9am Wednesday mornings -- the night after a significat student night in Exeter, where I was at Uni. I think I should get credit for turning up at all!

And 'Total Recall' at 9am was a bit of a trip.

(in reply to The Don)
Post #: 115
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 8:00:55 PM   
theblock80

Oh I remember those sorts of screenings. I went to film school in Newcastle, and I remember with no fondness whatsoever, having to sit through Tarkovsky's rambling three hour epic dissection of communism and abstract imagery "Mirror" at around 8.00 am. We would then be expected to wax theoretical about it afterwards. Insanity.

My top 5 worst films ever are:

Boxing Helena:Wannabe Arty crap.
Julien Donkey Boy:Trying to be Arty crap.
Gummo:Yet more trying to be arty crap from that talentless weirdo Harmony Korine.
Dune:Sci-fi arty crap
Blair Witch Project 2:Wishes it was arty crap.

"Right daughter, I've got your arsehole here!"

http://showtheshark.blogspot.com/

Post #: 116
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 8:07:57 PM   
The Don

Well, The Idiots is a great film. And so is The Mirror...

Post #: 117
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 13/3/2006 8:20:39 PM   
Pritchard_540

I actually fell asleep during 'Fellowship' and i've sat through some absolute crap.  I remember when i was around 9 seeing howard the duck and just thinking it doesn't get much worse this.

You think I got kicked out because of just the aquarium? Nah, it was the handjob. And you know what else? It was worth it.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 118
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 14/3/2006 1:57:26 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Don

Well, The Idiots is a great film. And so is The Mirror...

I do actually enjoy 'The Idiots'. Never saw 'The Mirror', though.

Oh, and The Block, pity me: I wasn't doing a film degree, I'm a English student by trade! *Ls* We just had a "forward thinking" program of studies that included film. We actually read Baudelaire and then had a screening of 'The Matrix'. Bloody hard work, but actually fantastically worth it as it added a whole new dimension to the film (for me at least, I'd seen the film before reading Signs and Simulacrum).

(in reply to The Don)
Post #: 119
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 14/3/2006 8:07:10 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: theblock80
Gummo:Yet more trying to be arty crap from that talentless weirdo

My own personal choice for the worst film ever. It has no redeeming features whatsoever.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to theblock80)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI