Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 15/1/2012 12:18:38 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

You actaully like those films?

Most people do.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT)
Post #: 361
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 15/1/2012 12:25:02 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

You actaully like those films?

Most people do.

But they're poor.............only joking

Actaully I can understand why people like Platoon and the remake of Scarface,becasue they cater for the macho,manly audience,something i've never really got ie bar Rocky.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 362
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 15/1/2012 12:29:07 PM   
DazDaMan

You're genuinely being serious?

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

Post #: 363
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 15/1/2012 12:34:41 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

You're genuinely being serious?

Yep

And funnily enough I was looking forward to watching both Platoon and Scarface when I rented them out last year.

The only positives to come out watching both Platoon and Scarface was the fact it made me love (even more) Apocalypse Now and The Godfather.Now those are two film that (I think) are more grounded on reality and generally have more character depth/substance.

< Message edited by DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT -- 15/1/2012 12:35:27 PM >

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 364
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 15/1/2012 2:14:40 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

The only positives to come out watching both Platoon and Scarface was the fact it made me love (even more) Apocalypse Now and The Godfather.Now those are two film that (I think) are more grounded on reality and generally have more character depth/substance.

Post #: 365
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 15/1/2012 2:27:18 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

quote:

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 366
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 15/1/2012 2:38:20 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

quote:

lol,ok I made a megga fuck-up,especially with regards to Apocalypse Now 'cough' reality.
Though I still stand by the fact that both Apocalypse Now  and The Godfather are better than the other two (average) films.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 367
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 15/1/2012 5:47:35 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

quote:

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 368
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 12:55:30 PM   
dannyfletch

My worst films are:

Battefield Earth
Dreamcatcher
Batman And Robin
Speed 2 Cruise Control
Jaws 4 The Revenge
Blade Trinity
Superman 4 The Quest For Peace
Dungeons and Dragons
House of The Dead
Street Fighter
Catwoman
Wolverine Origins

Post #: 369
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 1:56:51 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

Another film which I totally forgot: Bend It Like Beckham.
Kiera Knightly is such a awfull acter/actress and Gurinder Chadha hasnt done a decent film since.....,well,never.

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 370
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 3:25:06 PM   
Vitamin F

quote:

10.The Adjustment Bureau (Arguably the most pointless story ever told.
The lead Character finds love, but isn’t aloud to have involvement with her due to it not being in ‘the plan’. But funnily enough once the film goes here, there and everywhere it turns out there so-called romantic involvement was actually meant to be, making the audience feel this story being told was rather pointless.
Also the cheesy-happy ending of “ everything’s ok now, lets just forget the fact that there’s people out there (The Adjustment Bureau) basically running peoples lives,oh and the fact we can go from one place to the other side of the freaking state just by passing through one door!”. Stupid, Stupid film)

Get out!
The chemistry between Damon & Blunt is fantastic (the bathroom, the bus) and this alone makes it worth a watch.

Post #: 371
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 3:35:32 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vitamin F

quote:

10.The Adjustment Bureau (Arguably the most pointless story ever told.
The lead Character finds love, but isn't aloud to have involvement with her due to it not being in 'the plan'. But funnily enough once the film goes here, there and everywhere it turns out there so-called romantic involvement was actually meant to be, making the audience feel this story being told was rather pointless.
Also the cheesy-happy ending of " everything's ok now, lets just forget the fact that there's people out there (The Adjustment Bureau) basically running peoples lives,oh and the fact we can go from one place to the other side of the freaking state just by passing through one door!”. Stupid, Stupid film)

Get out!
The chemistry between Damon & Blunt is fantastic (the bathroom, the bus) and this alone makes it worth a watch.

I didnt have issue with the acting performances or certain scenes,I had an issue with the overal story,which franky didnt go anywhere.
The story was going well until the end when it just fell flat on its face.
And the film overal,because of the above mentioned story,was just 'meh'.

< Message edited by DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT -- 16/1/2012 3:36:04 PM >

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 372
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 3:43:33 PM   
Vitamin F

So, not really a "worst of all time" then?

Post #: 373
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 3:52:46 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

So, not really a "worst of all time" then?

Well it is purely on the basis that the Story/script ie the most important thing in filmmaking,was stupid.
Actaully it so stupid that i'm embarrased that people who still have rights over Phillip.K.Dicks work allowed this film to go forward,even if it was loosely based on P.K.Dicks "Adjustment Team".

A great article why this film is daft.
http://www.observer.com/2011/culture/despite-dashing-damon-adjustment-bureau-little-more-silly-sci-fi-rip

Also.M.B Tranformers movie series could have had great acting (which it didnt),but its still not going to hide the fact it was a total cgi-maniac.mess of a film and poorly written script (did it even have a script?)

Sorry,but story and good script execution is everything interms of making a great/good film.

< Message edited by DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT -- 16/1/2012 4:06:13 PM >

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 374
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 3:52:56 PM   
DazDaMan

I dunno if I've said this one already, but: Howling 2.

My God.

If it wasn't for the multiple shots of Sybil Danning's tits I wouldn't bother.

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 375
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 5:35:00 PM   
Vitamin F

quote:

http://www.observer.com/2011/culture/despite-dashing-damon-adjustment-bureau-little-more-silly-sci-fi-rip

Also.M.B Tranformers movie series could have had great acting (which it didnt),but its still not going to hide the fact it was a total cgi-maniac.mess of a film and poorly written script (did it even have a script?)

Sorry,but story and good script execution is everything interms of making a great/good film.

Ditto Avatar surely, which you praise on another thread...I smell inconsistent criticism!

I think characterisation is very important, one of the top requirements of a good film along with plot and dialogue. You can't just right it off like that to prove a point. And there was nothing wrong with the script execution here, IF you can buy into the premise of course.

I'll agree that the ending is the weakest part (like far too many films, especially sci/fi), but how else should it have ended and still been uplifting and positive?

Post #: 376
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 16/1/2012 5:49:55 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

quote:

Ditto Avatar surely, which you praise on another thread...I smell inconsistent criticism!

I think characterisation is very important, one of the top requirements of a good film along with plot and dialogue. You can't just right it off like that to prove a point. And there was nothing wrong with the script execution here, IF you can buy into the premise of course.

I'll agree that the ending is the weakest part (like far too many films, especially sci/fi), but how else should it have ended and still been uplifting and positive?

Everyone on screen explodes 'BOOOOOOOOOOOM' haha.

I dont know to be honest,but I would have liked the characters to question these people who are effectivly controlling/planning peoples lives.And also question the fact they can go from one place to another,,shouldnt more people know about that?
Just because they found there romantic-solidarity doesnt mean they can effectivly forget all the 'issues' they went through.

Concerning AVATAR,well it was basic plot good vs bad,but you knew that and it had a reason.
A.B didnt.It was silly throughout.What you were effectivly watching was somthing that shouldnt have excisted.

< Message edited by DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT -- 16/1/2012 5:53:43 PM >

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 377
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 2:27:12 PM   
Swoz_MK

quote:

8.Scarface ( Although Al Pacino carries this film, I cant help but feel anybody else in the lead role would have almost certainly seen this film regarded as a flop.
Total cringe worthy Italian-American gangster moments that lack charm, wit and intelligence. Grown men who have said Film as a poster in there hallways or somewhere where they can point to there piffy chums and recite certain Scareface in-film quotes make me want to jump off a bridge ie this is a reference to some 40+ saddo I saw on TV)

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that you haven't actually seen Scarface. And if you have you clearly weren't paying attention enough to have an opinion on it.

Post #: 378
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 2:37:43 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

quote:

8.Scarface ( Although Al Pacino carries this film, I cant help but feel anybody else in the lead role would have almost certainly seen this film regarded as a flop.
Total cringe worthy Italian-American gangster moments that lack charm, wit and intelligence. Grown men who have said Film as a poster in there hallways or somewhere where they can point to there piffy chums and recite certain Scareface in-film quotes make me want to jump off a bridge ie this is a reference to some 40+ saddo I saw on TV)

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that you haven't actually seen Scarface. And if you have you clearly weren't paying attention enough to have an opinion on it.

Possibly bored to tears while watching it.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 379
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 2:55:37 PM   
DazDaMan

Epic fail...

Post #: 380
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 3:00:53 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

Cuban imagrants,italian imagrants..whoo cares.
As with all Al Paccino performances they look all the same (and he still carried it).

Seriously the only people who like scarface are MTV crib watchers or teenager who can spout in film quotes on a daily basis while playing with there balls and looking at woman as if there lumps of meat.

Its actaully embarrasing  that De Palma created this comic mess.
They guy must have been knocked unconcious and reverted back to his child years where he was puling the same unfunny jokes that he was placing in this movie.

< Message edited by DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT -- 18/1/2012 3:12:14 PM >

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 381
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 3:27:34 PM   
mackey

quote:

As with all Al Paccino performances they look all the same (and he still carried it).

Seriously the only people who like scarface are MTV crib watchers or teenager who can spout in film quotes on a daily basis while playing with there balls and looking at woman as if there lumps of meat.

They guy must have been knocked unconcious and reverted back to his child years where he was puling the same unfunny jokes that he was placing in this movie.

Too.......many..........jokes.........

I know that look; it's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

Post #: 382
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 4:10:18 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: mackey

quote:

Too.......many..........jokes.........

You like Scarface?

If so Im really in the minority here.
Maybe..just maybe I'll watch it again.

(in reply to mackey)
Post #: 383
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 4:14:19 PM   
DazDaMan

I fucking hate Scarface, but even so....

Post #: 384
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 4:16:36 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

I fucking hate Scarface, but even so....

Why?

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 385
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 4:19:02 PM   
DazDaMan

I just didn't like it very much.

That was a while ago now, so it might be a different story if I watch it again, but I just didn't enjoy it originally.

Post #: 386
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 18/1/2012 4:25:40 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

I just didn't like it very much.

That was a while ago now, so it might be a different story if I watch it again, but I just didn't enjoy it originally.

See my problem was that I was going into this movie expecting a GoodFellas mashed with The Godfather.
I also had issues with the swearing.It felt forced.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 387
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 19/1/2012 12:41:51 AM   
Hallowedbeeddie

Well, there are many awful movies to choose from, if I had to choose a big budget movie it´d have to be Transformers 2. In general though I´d pick club dread.

< Message edited by Hallowedbeeddie -- 19/1/2012 12:44:59 AM >

Post #: 388
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 19/1/2012 12:49:58 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

There's so much shite in this post I don't even know where to start.

Post #: 389
RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film - 19/1/2012 1:36:49 AM   
MonsterCat

Excuse me Donnie, but I don't watch MTV Cribs!

Never been so offended in all my life.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 19/1/2012 1:38:25 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Worst Films Made Ever In The History Of Film Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI