Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE LONDON THREAD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: THE LONDON THREAD Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE LONDON THREAD - 17/8/2011 3:01:32 PM   
gazpop

Bravo Stef. Soo much classier than an InYourendo. Well done. That's why I went on to elaborate the point slightly unnecessarily and you cut the line in half to illustrate your sexual obsession. Are you playing Triv with me and BQ or not? We're in the Milkmaid (here we go again)

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to steflon)
Post #: 511
To London!... - 20/8/2011 11:48:49 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Whenever I think of London, I'm always keenly aware of the constant hustle and bustle of the place. Reminds me of that Legz Akimbo sketch from the League of Gentlemen: "*Bing bing pop pop* "stand clear of the doors" *bing bing pop pop*"mind the gap" "Stop! Thief!" "Don't have time!" "No change!"...anyway, I have a question. I'm going there in two weeks' time. I've had a look at the http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ site to try and familiarise myself with the London Underground or 'tube' system. I have to say I'm a bit perplexed. The basic plan is to travel into London and get off at Paddington. From there, I want to take the tube to Earl's Court. Now, I've had a look at the tube map and unless I'm mistaken, there's some sort of junction connecting Paddington to the green District Line which is southbound?

Tube map

The TfL site's journey planner just says without any transfers to take the District Line towards Wimbledon Underground Station, which is the last stop on that line? Yet, another website I've consulted says the following:

1) From Paddington take the Circle Line
2) Change lines at High Street Kensington to the District Line
3) Leave the train at Earls Court

Londondrum

Which one is correct? Is there any material that I haven't mentioned, such as something from the TfL site that details where one would need to transfer, if required? I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I feel incredibly dense at the moment.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 20/8/2011 11:51:12 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 512
RE: To London!... - 21/8/2011 12:26:25 AM   
steflon

paddington is on the Hammersmith and City line (pink), the Circle Line (yellow), the Bakerloo Line(brown) and the District line (green)

when at Paddington underground station follow the signs for The District the head to the West Bound PLatform, it'll take you straight to Earls Court (tho beware, if you stop to look at signs a commuter will push past you while grumbling about people stopping )

www.twitter.com/Steflon
http://onedayiwillhavehenchmen.blogspot.com/

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
we can roam these vast Empire halls as awesome Stefs.

ORIGINAL: hiptobesquare_x
'and that's why Steflon is all kinds of awesome.'

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 513
RE: To London!... - 21/8/2011 12:32:30 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: steflon

paddington is on the Hammersmith and City line (pink), the Circle Line (yellow), the Bakerloo Line(brown) and the District line (green)

when at Paddington underground station follow the signs for The District the head to the West Bound PLatform, it'll take you straight to Earls Court (tho beware, if you stop to look at signs a commuter will push past you while grumbling about people stopping )

Thank you Steflon. I'm sure Paddington has some route poster or leaflet I can absorb like a sponge. As for "(tho beware, if you stop to look at signs a commuter will push past you while grumbling about people stopping )"...how many times have you done the pushing?

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to steflon)
Post #: 514
RE: To London!... - 21/8/2011 1:00:58 AM   
steflon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: steflon

Thank you Steflon. I'm sure Paddington has some route poster or leaflet I can absorb like a sponge. As for "(tho beware, if you stop to look at signs a commuter will push past you while grumbling about people stopping )"...how many times have you done the pushing?

its one of the perks of livin here heh

www.twitter.com/Steflon
http://onedayiwillhavehenchmen.blogspot.com/

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
we can roam these vast Empire halls as awesome Stefs.

ORIGINAL: hiptobesquare_x
'and that's why Steflon is all kinds of awesome.'

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 515
RE: THE LONDON THREAD - 24/8/2011 1:12:19 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

http://notleavinglondon.blogspot.com/

For a few seconds, it made me glad i'm from London.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 516
RE: THE LONDON THREAD - 17/1/2012 12:44:50 PM   
JIm R

Hitting London this weekend to go to the London Film Museum on Saturday, been before and was very good, got some new exhibitions to check out, really looking forward to it and going to catch Shame as well.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 517
RE: THE LONDON THREAD - 29/10/2012 5:56:34 PM   
steffols

Can you find all the tube stations in this picture?

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/LFL.jpg

I've managed about four or five. I'm completely useless at these things!

< Message edited by steffols -- 29/10/2012 6:00:20 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 518
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: THE LONDON THREAD Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI