Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread..

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 5/4/2009 9:22:55 PM   
hitchcock

As far as im aware its the US cover, still as long as the films there with copious amounts of extras from the vaults then im a happy chappy

''Are you watching closley?'' The Prestige

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 91
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 7/4/2009 7:20:14 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Blu-Ray cover art revealed:

NIIIIIIIIICE. Excellent cover, haven't seen the film in years though.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 92
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 22/4/2009 9:06:44 PM   
paul.mccluskey

The Complete Goofy is out in June:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8291729/The-Complete-Goofy/Product.html

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 93
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 27/4/2009 5:35:05 AM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

The Complete Goofy is out in June:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8291729/The-Complete-Goofy/Product.html

ZOMG lol.

I'm getting it.

EDIT: And am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about Disney Live?

< Message edited by Squidward Hark Bugle -- 27/4/2009 5:37:43 AM >

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 94
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 27/4/2009 6:30:48 PM   
paul.mccluskey

I'm just hoping that more of the Treasures will be released soon. I want Behind the Scenes at Walt Disney Studios to come out on Region 2. That contains the full version of The Reluctant Dragon.

< Message edited by paul.mccluskey -- 19/5/2009 10:02:49 PM >

Post #: 95
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 28/4/2009 5:34:24 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

The way I label the covers is the title exactly as it appears on Amazon. The numbering is done by me for easy reference.

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Link: http://www.amazon.com/White-Seven-Dwarfs-Adriana-Caselotti/dp/B001AQT11M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1241371713&sr=8-1

2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live w/ Blu-ray packaging) [Blu-ray]

Link: http://www.amazon.com/White-Dwarfs-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-packaging/dp/B001V9LPWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1241371743&sr=1-1

3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Limited Edition Collector Set (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]

Link: http://www.amazon.com/White-Dwarfs-Limited-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B0026ICMLY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1241371789&sr=1-3

4. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (DVD/Two-Disc Blu-ray + BD Live w/DVD packaging) [Blu-ray]

Link: http://www.amazon.com/White-Dwarfs-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-packaging/dp/B00267N3DQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1241371844&sr=1-2

5. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Collector Book Set (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]

Link: http://www.amazon.com/White-Seven-Dwarfs-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B0026ICMLO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1241371899&sr=1-9

6. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Plush Gift Set plus Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]

Link: http://www.amazon.com/White-Seven-Dwarfs-Two-Disc-Blu-ray/dp/B0026ICMOG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1241371928&sr=1-8

Now the question remains: Which one should I get?

I'm inclined to go with #4, because it contains the Blu-Ray as well as the DVD, plus it is housed in better-looking DVD packaging rather than the slightly ugly blue Blu-Ray packaging. #3 is awesome but I think it's too big for me, personally. #5 looks nice, but I don't know what the book will contain, and #6 is a bit childish. #1 does have the best cover art, though, darker and more muted, easy on the eyes. Case covers and packaging are quibbles, though, so I think #4 is the right one for me. #3 looks the best and fullest, but unfortunately a bit beyond my reach.

< Message edited by Squidward Hark Bugle -- 3/5/2009 6:32:25 PM >

Post #: 96
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 3/5/2009 5:25:46 PM   
Incanus

I'm soooo getting #3. Although my nieces would appreciate #6. When in a dilemma, fuck the dilemma and get both!

WINTER IS COMING

T h e 2 4 t h F r a m e . c o . u k

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

Post #: 97
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 3/5/2009 5:55:34 PM   
mafyou

I want #3 but $149.00 from Amazon is rather steep. Perhaps #5 is best for me. Still, I might change my mind.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 98
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 3/5/2009 5:58:06 PM   
TheGodfather

I think I`m getting the blu-ray with the book edition. The big set is awesome but too expensive for my liking.

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 99
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 3/5/2009 6:27:10 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

I think I may end up biting the bullet and getting #3. It's clearly the best of the lot, but I will most likely get #1 as well, for consistency's sake (it'll fit in well with my other Platinum Editions).

< Message edited by Squidward Hark Bugle -- 3/5/2009 6:34:07 PM >

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 100
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 16/5/2009 3:59:02 PM   
DouglasG

So we are getting Monsters Inc in the Summer, and the US get a Bugs Life on Monday. Anyone know if we'll get A Bugs Life on Bluray soon? I'm dying to see it.  

Journalism Student and Film Festival Programmer

Post #: 101
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 19/5/2009 10:05:13 PM   
paul.mccluskey

The Platinum Editions are being replaced according to the following press statement, courtesy of Ultimate Disney DVD:

Burbank, Calif., May 18, 2009 – Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE) proudly opens the vault, releasing 'The One That Started It All,' Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, in high-definition Blu-ray for the first time ever, on October 6, 2009. The historic and highly-anticipated release fittingly launches a spectacular all-new product line – Disney's Diamond Collection. Poised to transform home entertainment, just as the movie itself transformed the entire motion-picture industry upon its debut in 1937,
the revolutionary new Diamond Collection brings audiences the most immersive and highest-level viewing experience, that includes unparalleled features, exclusive high definition content and updatable experiences, superior picture and sound, and much, much more. Taking home entertainment to fantastic new heights unlike anything before, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition marks the film's first-ever high-definition Blu-ray bow, on October 6, while the standard definition will be released seven weeks later, on November 24.

The Diamond Collection debut of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will keep audiences spellbound for hours with exciting content exclusive to this historic release, presented with spectacular newly restored picture and 7.1 Digital Theater System Hi-Def Surround Sound. Utilizing the latest in technology, possible only by the power of Blu-ray, the release includes “Disney Smart Navigation,” allowing the magic and personality of Disney Characters to come to life as never before. “Disney Family Play”, the ultimate interactive Hi-Def experience, offers a variety of immersive games, activities and unprecedented levels of personalization and customization features, to transform how families experience home entertainment together. The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition is a Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack (2 Blu-ray discs + DVD).

Exclusive Snow White Diamond Edition Bonus Features

• Hyperion Studios – Audiences are digitally transported to 1937 to discover first-hand the Hyperion Studios, the original studio Walt Disney himself built and where Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was conceived and developed. Viewers will virtually walk the halls of this historic landmark experiencing life at Hyperion Studios back in the 1930's. This amazing “Backstage Disney” feature contains newly dimensionalized archival photos, animator recordings, archival transcripts and rare footage of Walt himself revealing how Disney's gifted filmmakers crafted the very first animated feature.

• Magic Mirror – Using the latest in Blu-ray technology, the iconic Magic Mirror guides the audience through the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Diamond Edition features with ease serving as the “host” for an incredibly immersive experience. The Mirror will recognize viewing patterns, knows where the audience has left off and will even suggest where to navigate next. This marks the first use of artificial intelligence in a Disney Blu-ray release and provides viewers the control to personally create a customized Snow White experience.

• DisneyView – Disney's pioneering animated feature is brought to the modern era of widescreen high definition viewing by allowing the user to expand their viewing experience beyond the original aspect ratio of the film. Utilizing Disney Blu-ray™ technology, acclaimed Disney artist Toby Bluth was able to 'draw' beyond the borders of classic full frame cinema and fill the otherwise dark edges of the screen with beautiful custom imagery, giving audiences a new view of their animated classic favorite.

• About Toby Bluth – Disney artist Toby Bluth tells how the movie inspired him to create the superb DisneyView art.

• Mirror, Mirror On The Wall – Through BD-Live, this mirror can find the secret princess inside each viewer with a series of questions, then create for them a personal message from their favorite princess who will call them on the telephone.

• What Do You See? – To win this exciting interactive game, players must untangle scrambled images.

• Jewel Jumble – Players put jewels from the Dwarfs' mine in the proper order to win this game.

• Scene Stealer – Allows viewers to upload a personal photo and experience life as one of the Seven Dwarfs—on-screen in the actual film.

About Disney 'COMBO PACKS' (Blu-ray + DVD in a single package):

To provide consumers with unprecedented quality, value and portability of their favorite Disney classics, in 2008 WDSHE pioneered the Combo Pack – Blu-ray Disc(s) plus a DVD in a single package. Current Disney Platinum Edition titles available as Combo Packs include Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio.

About Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:

Celebrated as an entertainment landmark for over 70 years, the first full-length animated film ever made, and still the 'fairest of them all,” Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' world premiere represented a major milestone for the world of animation and a giant leap forward for The Walt Disney Company. Presented with a 1939 honorary Academy Award® for “significant screen innovation which has charmed millions, and pioneered a great new entertainment field," Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is one of the most beloved and most watched films in history. As one of the first films ever to be designated for preservation by the Library of Congress, it has been entertaining moviegoers and critics alike for decades. It is also the first film ever to have a motion picture soundtrack, as well as the first film to use music to advance the story. To date, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has been released theatrically a total of nine times.

Synopsis:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the time-honored story of a beautiful princess whose blossoming beauty disturbs her stepmother the Queen. Each day the Queen asks a mysterious magic mirror the quintessential question: "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" As long as the mirror answers the Queen's name, all is well. However, when one day the mirror replies with Snow White's name, the evil Queen begins her quest to kill the young girl, so she may once again be "the fairest of them all."

Snow White's escape from the evil Queen's plan leads her deep into the forest and to a small cottage where she meets, in one of the most famous scenes in motion picture history, the Seven Dwarfs. One day—when "off to work" they go—the wicked Queen persuades Snow White to take a bite of a poisonous apple that places a powerful sleeping curse on the young beauty. Heartbroken, the dwarfs make a glass coffin for their friend, because she is too beautiful to bury. Only when a handsome Prince—who had previously fallen in love with Snow White—finds her and kisses her, does she awaken, to “live happily ever after."

The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition is priced at $39.99 SRP.

(in reply to DouglasG)
Post #: 102
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 23/5/2009 11:34:08 AM   
paul.mccluskey

From Ultimate Disney DVD:

Disney has announced Pete's Dragon: High-Flying Edition for DVD release on August 18th. Announced bonus features include a deleted Terminus & Hoagy storyboard sequence (with rare demo dialogue), the featurette "Brazzle Dazzle Effects: Disney's Movie Magic" narrated by Sean Marshall (Pete), four song demos (including a deleted one performed by a cut character), promotional pop recordings of 4 songs from the film, and the song concept demo "Boo Bop Bopbop Bop (I Love You, Too)." Carrying a $29.99 list price, the FastPlay-equipped disc will come packaged in the all-important foil-embossed cardboard slipcover with chances to save with the purchase of a to-be-announced high-profile release issued alongside it.

Post #: 103
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 2/6/2009 4:23:43 PM   
DouglasG

I have very blurred memories of seeing Pete's Dragon, its a mix of live action and animation, yes?

Journalism Student and Film Festival Programmer

Post #: 104
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 2/6/2009 6:06:05 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

quote:

The Platinum Editions are being replaced according to the following press statement, courtesy of Ultimate Disney DVD:

Burbank, Calif., May 18, 2009 – Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE) proudly opens the vault, releasing 'The One That Started It All,' Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, in high-definition Blu-ray for the first time ever, on October 6, 2009. The historic and highly-anticipated release fittingly launches a spectacular all-new product line – Disney's Diamond Collection. Poised to transform home entertainment, just as the movie itself transformed the entire motion-picture industry upon its debut in 1937,
the revolutionary new Diamond Collection brings audiences the most immersive and highest-level viewing experience, that includes unparalleled features, exclusive high definition content and updatable experiences, superior picture and sound, and much, much more. Taking home entertainment to fantastic new heights unlike anything before, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition marks the film's first-ever high-definition Blu-ray bow, on October 6, while the standard definition will be released seven weeks later, on November 24.

The Diamond Collection debut of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will keep audiences spellbound for hours with exciting content exclusive to this historic release, presented with spectacular newly restored picture and 7.1 Digital Theater System Hi-Def Surround Sound. Utilizing the latest in technology, possible only by the power of Blu-ray, the release includes "Disney Smart Navigation,” allowing the magic and personality of Disney Characters to come to life as never before. "Disney Family Play”, the ultimate interactive Hi-Def experience, offers a variety of immersive games, activities and unprecedented levels of personalization and customization features, to transform how families experience home entertainment together. The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition is a Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack (2 Blu-ray discs + DVD).

Exclusive Snow White Diamond Edition Bonus Features

• Hyperion Studios – Audiences are digitally transported to 1937 to discover first-hand the Hyperion Studios, the original studio Walt Disney himself built and where Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was conceived and developed. Viewers will virtually walk the halls of this historic landmark experiencing life at Hyperion Studios back in the 1930's. This amazing "Backstage Disney” feature contains newly dimensionalized archival photos, animator recordings, archival transcripts and rare footage of Walt himself revealing how Disney's gifted filmmakers crafted the very first animated feature.

• Magic Mirror – Using the latest in Blu-ray technology, the iconic Magic Mirror guides the audience through the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Diamond Edition features with ease serving as the "host” for an incredibly immersive experience. The Mirror will recognize viewing patterns, knows where the audience has left off and will even suggest where to navigate next. This marks the first use of artificial intelligence in a Disney Blu-ray release and provides viewers the control to personally create a customized Snow White experience.

• DisneyView – Disney's pioneering animated feature is brought to the modern era of widescreen high definition viewing by allowing the user to expand their viewing experience beyond the original aspect ratio of the film. Utilizing Disney Blu-ray™ technology, acclaimed Disney artist Toby Bluth was able to 'draw' beyond the borders of classic full frame cinema and fill the otherwise dark edges of the screen with beautiful custom imagery, giving audiences a new view of their animated classic favorite.

• About Toby Bluth – Disney artist Toby Bluth tells how the movie inspired him to create the superb DisneyView art.

• Mirror, Mirror On The Wall – Through BD-Live, this mirror can find the secret princess inside each viewer with a series of questions, then create for them a personal message from their favorite princess who will call them on the telephone.

• What Do You See? – To win this exciting interactive game, players must untangle scrambled images.

• Jewel Jumble – Players put jewels from the Dwarfs' mine in the proper order to win this game.

• Scene Stealer – Allows viewers to upload a personal photo and experience life as one of the Seven Dwarfs—on-screen in the actual film.

About Disney 'COMBO PACKS' (Blu-ray + DVD in a single package):

To provide consumers with unprecedented quality, value and portability of their favorite Disney classics, in 2008 WDSHE pioneered the Combo Pack – Blu-ray Disc(s) plus a DVD in a single package. Current Disney Platinum Edition titles available as Combo Packs include Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio.

About Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:

Celebrated as an entertainment landmark for over 70 years, the first full-length animated film ever made, and still the 'fairest of them all,” Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' world premiere represented a major milestone for the world of animation and a giant leap forward for The Walt Disney Company. Presented with a 1939 honorary Academy Award® for "significant screen innovation which has charmed millions, and pioneered a great new entertainment field," Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is one of the most beloved and most watched films in history. As one of the first films ever to be designated for preservation by the Library of Congress, it has been entertaining moviegoers and critics alike for decades. It is also the first film ever to have a motion picture soundtrack, as well as the first film to use music to advance the story. To date, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has been released theatrically a total of nine times.

Synopsis:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the time-honored story of a beautiful princess whose blossoming beauty disturbs her stepmother the Queen. Each day the Queen asks a mysterious magic mirror the quintessential question: "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" As long as the mirror answers the Queen's name, all is well. However, when one day the mirror replies with Snow White's name, the evil Queen begins her quest to kill the young girl, so she may once again be "the fairest of them all."

Snow White's escape from the evil Queen's plan leads her deep into the forest and to a small cottage where she meets, in one of the most famous scenes in motion picture history, the Seven Dwarfs. One day—when "off to work" they go—the wicked Queen persuades Snow White to take a bite of a poisonous apple that places a powerful sleeping curse on the young beauty. Heartbroken, the dwarfs make a glass coffin for their friend, because she is too beautiful to bury. Only when a handsome Prince—who had previously fallen in love with Snow White—finds her and kisses her, does she awaken, to "live happily ever after."

The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition is priced at $39.99 SRP.

This whole post is orgasmic.

I HOPE that Fantasia is the second in the Diamond Edition line, and not last in the Platinum Edition line, but either way, still excited beyond words.

DIAMOND EDITION LINE BEGINS SOON! WOOOOOO!

Post #: 105
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 2/6/2009 7:04:02 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Pete's Dragon artwork:

Post #: 106
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 18/6/2009 5:28:12 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

I've never heard of it, unfortunately.

Post #: 107
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 18/6/2009 6:09:39 PM   
paul.mccluskey

It's a live-action film about a young orphan who runs away from his abusive guardians, and forms a friendship with a dragon who can become invisible. It's fairly average, I prefer The Reluctant Dragon.

Post #: 108
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 21/6/2009 7:21:01 PM   
Dozy McGrew

Heads up on some bits in the hmv sale going out this week. Sleeping Beauty £10, Mary Poppins 45th anniversay £10 possibly more platinum Disney discs but haven't looked yet.

We're in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick-insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

Post #: 109
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 21/6/2009 7:28:28 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

Dozy, your title, "The Dim Reaper," really just made me laugh out loud. 

(in reply to Dozy McGrew)
Post #: 110
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 23/6/2009 2:53:08 PM   
JIm R

Can anyone tell me if Disney's 'Alice in Wonderland' has been given the Platinum treatment as yet or is on the cards at all ?

Cheers

Post #: 111
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 23/6/2009 3:18:49 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Not yet, it was released as a Special Edition in 2005 but it wasn't a huge package. You can find it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alice-Wonderland-Special-Kathryn-Beaumont/dp/B0006SJ3HW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1245766645&sr=1-1

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 112
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 23/6/2009 3:43:52 PM   
JIm R

quote:

Not yet, it was released as a Special Edition in 2005 but it wasn't a huge package. You can find it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alice-Wonderland-Special-Kathryn-Beaumont/dp/B0006SJ3HW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1245766645&sr=1-1

Thanks Paul mate

Post #: 113
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 2/8/2009 12:16:55 PM   
hitchcock

still any word on the UK release of the Snow Whie BD? really wanting this one

no problem if they weren't region coded.........bastard Disney i'm sure Pixars aren't region coded

''Are you watching closley?'' The Prestige

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 114
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 2/8/2009 12:53:34 PM   
coolstar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dozy McGrew

Heads up on some bits in the hmv sale going out this week. Sleeping Beauty £10, Mary Poppins 45th anniversay £10 possibly more platinum Disney discs but haven't looked yet.

Tesco have Marry Poppins for £8

I am going Deep Deep undercover

(in reply to Dozy McGrew)
Post #: 115
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 4/8/2009 3:27:54 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: DouglasG

So we are getting Monsters Inc in the Summer, and the US get a Bugs Life on Monday. Anyone know if we'll get A Bugs Life on Bluray soon? I'm dying to see it.  

According to the flyer inside my bluray of Monsters Inc (which looks stunning in HD!), Bugs Life, Toy Story and Finding Nemo are due for release next year.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to DouglasG)
Post #: 116
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 4/8/2009 3:50:07 PM   
Nostromo.

Not dvd I know, but I think in connection with the release of Toy Story they are giving them a theatrical run in 3D. Should be infinite levels of awesome. 

No Time To Bleed

What Do You Use For Bait? Paypal?

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 117
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 4/8/2009 4:25:15 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nostromo.

Not dvd I know, but I think in connection with the release of Toy Story they are giving them a theatrical run in 3D. Should be infinite levels of awesome. 

Indeed they are, and I, for one, cannot wait!

Toy Story 3d due around october with TS2 following in either December or January.

Hopefully the blu-ray of Toy Story will contain both 2d and 3d versions

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Nostromo.)
Post #: 118
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 22/8/2009 6:12:00 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

Dumbo to be released as a 2-disc special edition on Blu-Ray and DVD in February 2010!!!

Link to the announcement on Ultimate Disney (it was announced on August 17th): http://www.ultimatedisney.com/

It's great that Dumbo will be getting this extra special treatment, but if it's going to cause a delay in the releases of Fantasia and Fantasia/2000, and subsequently Beauty And The Beast and The Lion King, then I'll be damn annoyed, considering that Dumbo has already had two DVD releases, the most recent released three years ago, and Fantasia and Fantasia/2000 have only had one each, TEN years ago. I love Dumbo to death, but there's no way I can place Dumbo above Fantasia, and to see Fantasia potentially possibly neglected makes me sad.

But still, Dumbo on 2-disc DVD and Blu-Ray! Can't wait!
Post #: 119
RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. - 22/8/2009 6:36:06 PM   
paul.mccluskey

The Special Edition of Pete's Dragon will arrive on UK shores on 5th October.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: The Disney Platinum Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI