Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thread..

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 3/8/2012 11:33:11 PM   
chrisrus

Have any titles gone into the vault yet?

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 661
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 4/8/2012 12:54:53 AM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Only the vault titles (i.e. the ones that get released for a short amount of time before being yanked) get Diamond Editions, all the other smaller films get Special or Anniversary editions. Here's a list of the vault titles:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Pinocchio (1940)
Fantasia (1940)
Bambi (1942)
Cinderella (1950)
Peter Pan (1953)
Lady and the Tramp (1955)
Sleeping Beauty (1959)
101 Dalmatians (1961)
The Jungle Book (1967)
The Little Mermaid (1989)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
The Lion King (1994)

Just realised there are only 13 titles on this list....but the Diamond Editions are numbered and my Lady and the Tramp has the number 15 on it

Because they number all Disney animated 'classics' movies are numbered, including newer ones like Bolt etc. Here's a list of them http://www.dvdizzy.com/disneyanimatedclassics.html

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 4/8/2012 12:59:03 AM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 662
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 22/8/2012 1:32:41 PM   
spark1

review of 'the rescuers' duo-

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/rescuers-and-the-rescuers-down-under-the.html

(in reply to chrisrus)
Post #: 663
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 23/8/2012 8:45:43 PM   
TheGodfather

All my pre-orders of Pocahontas duopack, The Aristocats, The Rescuers duopack and The Tigger Movie are all shipped by amazon.com

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 664
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 31/8/2012 9:54:06 AM   
Castor Troy

Is there any news on a new BOGOF offer any time soon?

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 665
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 31/8/2012 7:42:35 PM   
TheGodfather

Received The Tigger Movie today. Beautiful slipcase with that, and it`s region free

Just saw this picture on another forum: the UK version of Cinderella get`s a slip case as well

Will be getting the US version

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 666
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 1/9/2012 5:31:04 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

Is there any news on a new BOGOF offer any time soon?

Usually the end of September I think....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 667
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 1/9/2012 8:37:38 PM   
vad3r

When is Aladdin going to get a proper diamond/platinum/super deluxe blu ray release?

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 668
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 21/10/2012 3:46:32 PM   
doubtlesswonder

I have a copy of the Diamond Edition of Lady and the Tramp on blu-ray going spare if anyone wants to swap something for it. The leaflet with the Disney Movie Rewards code is still inside and unclaimed, too.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 669
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 21/10/2012 7:20:18 PM   
Vadersville

Started buying the Blu-ray/DVD double Plays for my mum because she loves disney films and it meant she could watch a DVD when I wasn't there and the better HD blu-Ray when I was. Now since Disney have decided not to do anymore Double Plays (although still charge full wack for Blu-Rays) I gotta decide whether to get her DVD or Blu-Rays...

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

Post #: 670
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 22/10/2012 8:45:57 PM   
TheGodfather

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

When is Aladdin going to get a proper diamond/platinum/super deluxe blu ray release?

I read that it`ll be in the spring 2013 but I think it`s going to be the autumn of 2013 to be honest...

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 671
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 22/10/2012 9:24:58 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGodfather

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

I read that it`ll be in the spring 2013 but I think it`s going to be the autumn of 2013 to be honest...

Cool, thanks. It's my favourite Disney film.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 672
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 23/10/2012 8:38:21 AM   
Brundlesflies

Any one know what's going on with the latest Tinker Bell film, Secret of the Wings?

I've got a 3 year old daughter who loves most things Disney/Pixar but especially the Princess/Fairy range and this seems like a perfect film for Christmas, there have been trailers on dvd's for months now, but I can't find a UK release date for it. It's just come out on Blu-Ray in the States but I don't particularly want to import a copy if it then comes out here just before Christmas!

Any help appreciated

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 673
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 30/10/2012 11:08:23 AM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

From what I can gather, it's getting a theatrical release on December 14th in 3D... at least according to: http://launchingfilms.com/release-schedule

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 674
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 30/10/2012 11:58:46 AM   
Timon

Anyone know when Cinderella will be available on the Movie Rewards website? I have enough points!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 675
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 30/10/2012 12:13:16 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Anyone know when Cinderella will be available on the Movie Rewards website? I have enough points!

There now isn't it? http://www.disneymovierewards.co.uk/rewards/cinderella-blu-ray

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 676
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 30/10/2012 12:23:31 PM   
LastMemories

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

It's on there now for 550 points. Bargain!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 677
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 30/10/2012 1:37:50 PM   
Timon

Sweet! I looked there last week and it wasn't there. REDEEMED!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to LastMemories)
Post #: 678
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 31/10/2012 4:55:40 PM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Rob C: Mark II!

From what I can gather, it's getting a theatrical release on December 14th in 3D... at least according to: http://launchingfilms.com/release-schedule

Cheers for that - looks like I might have to get an import then as I doubt it'll be out on dvd/br much before spring

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 679
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 13/12/2012 11:13:58 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Does anyobody know why the UK isn't getting a diamond edition of Peter Pan yet it's due out in the states early next year? I don't understand it.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 680
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI