Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thread..

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 23/12/2011 2:37:21 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Just received an email with this offer:

I won 500 points! I redeemed it with my Lego PoTC code and got 800 points in total. As much stick as Disney get in some quarters they certainly struck gold with the dmr in my eyes

Also:

I got 200 points, so when I get The Lion King for Christmas I'll be up to 700. Might purchase Up with my points .

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 601
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 24/12/2011 7:23:47 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I've got 1250 points just sitting there, nothing I want just now. I think I'll wait for The Lion King to become available through dmr and get it then....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 602
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 25/12/2011 10:37:03 AM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

I've got 1250 points just sitting there, nothing I want just now. I think I'll wait for The Lion King to become available through dmr and get it then....

I'm the same. The last reward I got was the Fantasia blu-ray and now there's nothing on there I want, so I'm just collecting points until something else becomes available.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 603
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 25/12/2011 6:35:39 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: chrisrus

Just put in my code for reward points from my Lion King Double Play blu ray and it gave me 450 points, thought it was the lion king trilogy. Lol

Did the same for me.

Just did the same for me, nice.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 604
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 26/12/2011 12:28:49 AM   
doubtlesswonder

I got Toy Story 1 and 2 on blu-ray today. The first one came with a leaflet telling me all about DMR but they forgot to put in the leaflet with the actual code on, so I had to send them a nice email. 

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 605
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 2/1/2012 5:09:41 PM   
TomTron

Edit - Sorry, no advertising on the site

< Message edited by elab49 -- 4/2/2012 11:24:55 PM >

Post #: 606
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 2/1/2012 6:04:18 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Just ordered the Blu-Ray boxset of Pirates of the Carribean through DMR. They didn't really have much else we don't already own and my daughter enjoys the first and last of the films so I may as well.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 607
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 6/1/2012 1:37:29 PM   
Dpp1978

Looks like the DMR site has got some new stuff on it.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 608
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 6/1/2012 1:43:19 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978

Looks like the DMR site has got some new stuff on it.

Typical. If I'd have waited a week I could have ordered the Lion King trilogy on BD.

Oh well, no matter. The kids will be thrilled with the POTC box set that arrived today anyway.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 609
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 6/1/2012 1:43:22 PM   
Timon

That's weird they have the previous DVD release of the Lion King... not the new one or the Blu Ray....

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 610
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 6/1/2012 7:28:43 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

That's weird they have the previous DVD release of the Lion King... not the new one or the Blu Ray....

Do you think it's some sort of error? I'm considering using my points to purchase it.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 611
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 6/1/2012 8:05:17 PM   
directorscut

They have all the Blu-rays: the Double Play, the 3D and the boxset.

I ordered the Double Play. 3D and the "sequels" can go f themselves.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 612
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 6/1/2012 11:11:38 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Do you think it's some sort of error? I'm considering using my points to purchase it.

They sometimes display a different cover, I imagine it's probably just the lastest release.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 613
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 7/1/2012 6:26:52 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I ordered The Lion King Double Play. Fantastic stuff.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 614
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 8/1/2012 12:09:54 AM   
juanvasquez

quote:

I've just ordered that too. I'm hoping that it's got more points with it as I'm not far off another BD with what I've got left!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 615
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 8/1/2012 9:16:38 PM   
TheGodfather

Read on a Dutch forum a few days ago that the Dutch and UK edition (and probably all other European editions) come with the aspect ratio of 1.78:1 instead of the film`s original aspect ratio of 1.66:1
The US edition apparently does come in the 1.66:1 ratio, as do the European 3D releases. Weird...

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 616
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 9/1/2012 9:23:57 AM   
Timon

Lion King Double Play ordered.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 617
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 9/1/2012 5:54:48 PM   
Zaphod121

You can pre-order LADY AND THE TRAMP 1 & 2 blu-ray set for 17.99 on Amazon, I imagine the second isn't that great but seems like a pretty good price.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 618
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 10/1/2012 10:01:03 AM   
Stuntgoat

Ordered Cars 2 off DMR, was waiting for that to make an appearance, not the best pixar but for free can't argue!

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 619
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 16/1/2012 8:46:50 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

I've just ordered that too. I'm hoping that it's got more points with it as I'm not far off another BD with what I've got left!

Mine never came with any points

Technically on the back of the case it states it's an eligible title so I've contacted them.....worth a try I suppose.

Post #: 620
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 16/1/2012 9:09:51 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Technically on the back of the case it states it's an eligible title so I've contacted them.....worth a try I suppose.

I got the POTC collection off DMR and that came with 600 points so if it says it's eligible then it should contain a code.

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 621
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 16/1/2012 12:55:20 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

quote:

quote:

They should get back to you, my Fantasia blu didn't come with a code and they added the points onto my account when I contacted them about it.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 622
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 16/1/2012 8:21:34 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

quote:

quote:

quote:

They should get back to you, my Fantasia blu didn't come with a code and they added the points onto my account when I contacted them about it.

My Toy Story didn't come with a code but when I contacted them, they asked me to email them a copy of my receipt!

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 623
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 16/1/2012 9:39:35 PM   
juanvasquez

Mine didn't come with points either. Not too fussed mind.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 624
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 26/1/2012 2:41:38 AM   
Darth Marenghi

Looks like Tarzan is coming out of the vault...

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV286321/

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 625
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 26/1/2012 4:24:47 PM   
Zaphod121

TARZAN isn't a vault title, it's still widely available.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 626
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 26/1/2012 5:43:58 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Ah, sorry got my terminology wrong - it's not on Blu-Ray though, right?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 627
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 31/1/2012 8:51:28 AM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

quote:

quote:

quote:

How long did it take them to add the points on? I bought the Fantasia Blu-ray double bill from Amazon just after Christmas and it came without the codes. I contacted them about it & they e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago asking for the e-receipt, which I sent, but not heard anything back.

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 628
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 4/2/2012 10:06:13 PM   
Zaphod121

Here's a list of upcoming blu-ray releases including ALADDIN for 2013.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8139

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 629
RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thre... - 6/2/2012 11:42:36 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I came across a shoe box in my airing cupboard the other day and it was full of Blu-Ray slipcases. I always take them off because firstly, the kids would turn them into paper mache and secondly because I don't like them. A lot of these were Disney ones so I just put them on ebay to see what I could get for them. There's a lot of people wanting Blu-Ray slip covers! What's that all about?!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: The Disney Platinum/Special Edition DVD/Bluray Thread.. Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI