Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Uninterested

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Uninterested Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uninterested - 19/10/2008 3:05:41 PM   
Ricorodrigeuz

for me, I found this trailer to be dull and unexciting. It seems like a mix of Jumper, star wars and the matrix. Acting also looks pretty bad.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: Uninterested - 19/10/2008 3:29:22 PM   
captainrentboy

It all looks and sounds rediculously generic, like a few have said, it's the type of thing we've seen a million times before. BUT, I do like Chris Evans, I find him particularly charasmatic and likeable as an actor, and the trailer did pick up at the end, some of the action scenes looked pretty cool. I think it's basically going to be 2009's Jumper. Just a common or garden, brain dead action flick, padded out with some philosophical mumbo jumbo.
The director sounds as bad as that Tim Kring guy though, ''Comics, what are they then?'', ''X-men, never heard of it'', ''Heroes, ohh I saw 2.5 seconds of it, so I'm definitely not ripping that off''', I'm surprised he didn't add The Matrix to the list of things he's never ever heard of.

(in reply to Ricorodrigeuz)
Post #: 32
- 19/10/2008 6:20:39 PM   
GazEmpire83

Cheesy? How's this look cheesy, it looks cool, so what if it's kinda like Heroes, Jumper or X-Men. We've seen it all before?? There's so many fuckin films that been done before, it doesn't mean it's goin to be shit.

Post #: 33
Acting?! - 19/10/2008 8:51:40 PM   
will1000

Dakota Fanning seems to have been taking lessons at the 'Ellen Page School of Sounding Bored'

Post #: 34
Sleeper hit... - 19/10/2008 11:33:44 PM   
Flaygor

No chance. Will sink virtually without a trace. Looks crap.

Post #: 35
- 19/10/2008 11:36:20 PM   
Flaygor

Oh and McGuigan's track record is arse. (Lucky Number Slevin, Wicker Park, Gangster No1...... meh

Post #: 36
Nothing new... - 20/10/2008 10:55:19 AM   
asw

... move along please.

Post #: 37
I like it. - 20/10/2008 3:17:25 PM   
captainamazing

Ok - people with super abilities being tracked by the government to make into weapons. It HAS been done before. But both these main actors are great (Chris Evans is incredibly underated - See Sunshine for a fantastic performance), the story is just as interesting as other "comic-book" type films, and the effects look great. and for the record, I like Slevin a lot. Bruce Willis looks mint with a 'tash.

Post #: 38
I like it. - 20/10/2008 3:32:49 PM   
captainamazing

Ok - people with super abilities being tracked by the government to make into weapons. It HAS been done before. But both these main actors are great (Chris Evans is incredibly underated - See Sunshine for a fantastic performance), the story is just as interesting as other "comic-book" type films, and the effects look great. and for the record, I like Slevin a lot. Bruce Willis looks mint with a 'tash.

Post #: 39
Interested - 9/1/2009 11:48:07 AM   
sk1llgannon

Looks pretty cool to me. I really like Slevin and as someone mentioned before, I think Chris Evans is underrated. He was great in Cellular and was the best thing in the FF films. Dakota is a fine actress and it will be interesting to see her in a more adult roll. Ok so the subject matter is hardly new but I reckon it will make a great evening at the cinema. I'll be there!

Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Uninterested Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI