Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Castle - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Castle - US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Castle - US Speed - 17/10/2008 11:52:11 AM   
Timon

Oh yes, Captain Hammer himself has his own show... yet none of you know about it. For shame. Let the lesson begin.

Castle is a 1 hour witty drama based on a famous crime and horror novelist who helps the NYPD homicide department solve crimes.
Richard "Rick” Castle [Nathan Fillion], a rock star of the literary world, is suffering from a case of writers block after killing off the main character in his novels and is struggling to come up with a replacement.
Castle had grown weary of having it all, "fame, fans and females”, when he was approached by the attractive Detective Kate Beckett [Stana Katic] of the NYPD to help catch the copy-cat killer staging murders based on scenes from his novels.
Castle is not a traditional investigator and his approach to solving the crimes conflicts with Beckett's conservative approach leading to much tension and a hint of romance.
Keeping Castle grounded are his mother [Susan Sullivan], teenage daughter Alexis [Molly C. Quinn], poker playing friends James Patterson, Sue Grafton, and Stephen King and his ex wife Gina [Monet Mazur] who is also his editor.
Ruben Santiago-Hudson will play the Police Chief.
Castle is inspired by shows like "Rockford Files” & "Moonlighting” that are lighthearted with romantic tension and unlike the dark procedurals prevalent today Castle invites the viewer to invest in the relationship of two people having fun together and engaging in witty banter.
Castle is directed by Rob Bowman whose credits include Day Break, Night Stalker and X-Files and is produced by Andrew Marlowe, Armyan Bernstein, Laurie Zaks and Rob Bowman.

http://castletv.net/

Should be a good laugh. Here endeth the lesson.

< Message edited by homersimpson_esq -- 17/5/2011 9:37:08 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 17/10/2008 12:00:56 PM   
Shifty Bench

I know about it, can't wait 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 17/10/2008 12:01:40 PM   
Mojo

Not the king of thing I'd normally watch but will tune in for the Fillion Factor. Hopefully this does well as he's not had the best luck in terms of TV shows really.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 3
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 17/10/2008 12:03:04 PM   
Timon

I know what you mean...it's just another twist on the cop show...which I normally don't like but I was won round by Life simply because of the Damien Lewis factor. Without him, I don't think I'd have bothered. Ditto with this.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 4
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 17/10/2008 12:15:57 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I know what you mean...it's just another twist on the cop show...which I normally don't like but I was won round by Life simply because of the Damien Lewis factor. Without him, I don't think I'd have bothered. Ditto with this.

Agreed, and then it turned out to be really good.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 17/10/2008 1:59:25 PM   
The Mighty

The promo is up at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voLQY3KyWRk

I love Nathan Fillion, but I just can't seem to get myself excited about this show. It looks and sounds like so many other cop shows out there.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 6
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 17/10/2008 4:08:35 PM   
Dave B

According to fact this show will be 27% better than anything else on TV. 

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 7
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 17/10/2008 6:06:15 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

I love Nathan Fillion, but I just can't seem to get myself excited about this show. It looks and sounds like so many other cop shows out there.

A touch generic maybe but it does look like it will be fun. The downside is that the promo is pretty much the entire episode condensed down into two minutes and gives away the entire plot.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 8
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 18/10/2008 9:41:59 PM   
clare_star_

I think this looks ok, I'll watch Fillion in anything though so I will give it a go 

''Twitter''

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 20/1/2009 10:30:41 AM   
Timon

Premiers on March 9th... Fuck, that's ages away...

(in reply to clare_star_)
Post #: 10
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 20/1/2009 10:51:48 AM   
discodave101

Oh dear, without the mighty Cap'n in this, that'd be a dreadful trailer. Its just like a TV Version of 'The Hard Way'.

Still, no-one delivers the one liners and quips better than Fillion, so should it make its way to these shores I'll be sure to check it out.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 11
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 20/1/2009 11:42:33 AM   
elab49

quote:

There is also the fact that it is likely to be cancelled in a few epis so, myself, there are some shows I feel like I should bother watching till they are safely in season 3!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 12
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 20/1/2009 12:11:58 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

There is also the fact that it is likely to be cancelled in a few epis so, myself, there are some shows I feel like I should bother watching till they are safely in season 3!

Id be happy with a full season for this and Dollhouse to be honest

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 13
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 21/1/2009 11:09:25 AM   
Frank Castle

First sign of a cancelled new tv show, nathan fillions in it! Do you think the cast were really excited until he walked in?? "Oh shit we aint gonna go past 10 episodes now!!"

By the way that looked awful

Fillion needs to give up on lame tv shows and concentrate on where his career lies...bit parts in movies and straight to dvd sequels.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 14
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 10/3/2009 11:24:36 AM   
elab49

Anyone seen it yet? 1st epi aired last night.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 15
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 10/3/2009 4:00:44 PM   
Mojo

I liked it, I've never been into a 'cop' show but been looking for one to get into recently so hopefully this can be it. Fillion was great, and the way that the crime panned out/was solved was interesting and fun. Hopefully this gets good ratings as I think it has potential.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 16
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 10/3/2009 9:50:27 PM   
Scruffybobby

I just watched the first episode. It was quite enjoyable, if a bit derivative. Seems to be made up of mostly stock charcters - feisty female cop, arrogant yet brilliant genius, daughter wise beyond her years etc.. Still there was good chemistry between the leads and Fillion truly does seem to make anything he's in at least 27% better. This has promise

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 17
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 11/3/2009 10:08:30 PM   
Timon

I really enjoyed it. Fillion makes everything watchable.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 18
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 12/3/2009 11:40:33 AM   
discodave101

Whats the word on the viewing figures then?

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 19
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 12/3/2009 12:13:46 PM   
Mojo

According to Wikipedia it got 11.6 millon which as far as I'm aware is pretty good (although I'm really no expert on viewing figures). Hopefully figures won't drop too much and it will get extended beyond its 10 episode order.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 20
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 12/3/2009 12:49:01 PM   
Captain Black

That's a fairly good number, and it was solid in the 18-49 demographics too. The negatives are that it was following Dancing With The Stars, which means that expectations are naturally higher, and the drop-off in audience between the start of the episode and the end. Second weeks are usually more telling (i.e. will the people who watched stick around?). I reckon if that number doesn't drop off too much, they'll keep it around for the rest of the year and the next TV season, where there are all sorts of other variables to consider.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 21
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 12/3/2009 4:41:16 PM   
elab49

"if I had written this"? Good job they mentioned the Mousetrap in the same scene - is that them making up for not mentioning Christie did write it? Called ABC Murders.

It was enjoyable enough but I don't see it lasting. While nice to see Homer in the flesh, and the poker game was an interesting touch, it was pretty much same old same old and Mentalist has staked out that territory this year (and someone should tell Susan Sullivan that Holland Taylor wants her character back).

Also odd watching it this week as I just kept on seeing Sgt Espera rather than Det. Esposito and that was just weird. He's a repo man not a cop!

quote:

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 22
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 12/3/2009 10:11:32 PM   
clare_star_

I enjoyed it. It was cheeky fun and I like the idea (sort of reminded me of Jonathan Creek in a way - Creek and Maddie anyway). Interesting to see how the next few episodes pan out hopefully the ratings will stay up and we'll get to enjoy more NF fun. 

''Twitter''

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 23
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 13/3/2009 2:18:39 AM   
Art Vandelay

I was pleasantly surprised with the Pilot episode. Obviously anything with Nathan Fillion involved in is destined to have some amount of quality to go along with it but the entire show was just as entertaining as the majority of Procedural Drama pilots. And according to the link below, episode 2 improves on the show by a great deal.

http://blog.zap2it.com/tvgal/2009/03/lets-start-with-the-good-news--the-second-episode-of-castle-the-new-series-premiering-tonight-at-10-pm-on-abc-is-so-m.html

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to clare_star_)
Post #: 24
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 13/3/2009 9:39:21 AM   
HIM

I've just watched that Youtube promo and I don't need to watch the episode now! It basically gave away everything in 2 minutes! It looks good though. When does it air in the United Kingdom and on what channel?

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 25
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 13/3/2009 10:43:54 AM   
elab49

I'm not sure it was picked up. Posts earlier in the year indicated the UK was being a bit more careful this year what with cancellations flying all over the place and channels spending money on lame ducks.

quote:

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 26
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 15/3/2009 11:10:15 AM   
Joedini

Really liked this first episode. Fillion as ever delivers and makes the show hugely watchable. And we should get a full season seeing as the dvd set already has a region 1 release date and cover art! Bodes well!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 16/3/2009 12:43:07 PM   
Dave B

Inoffensive and conventional 'police drama with a twist'. Whoever said it reminds them of Jonathon Creek is pretty spot-on, except this lacks the wit or chemistry of that show. Even Nathan Fillion wasn't up to his usual high standards. It wasn't bad and I might watch it when it airs in the UK but I don't think I can be bothered to download it.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 28
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 16/3/2009 4:56:19 PM   
opark_77

I'm with Dave B - distinctly average cop show fare. I was pleasantly surprised with The Mentalist but if that had Nathan Fillion in I would have been disappointed in it. The bar was higher for this and ultimately it fails to better The Mentalist in its first episode. I'll stick around for Fillion but it went from "must watch" to "see if I have enough ironing to warrant putting it on" over the course of the pilot.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 29
RE: Castle - Nathan Fillion's new show - 18/3/2009 12:17:56 PM   
Scruffybobby

Liked the new episode. Fillion's schtick seerms a bit tuned down from last week and Kanic seemed a bit more relaxed in her role. It was all very "Diagnosis Murder She Wrote" though not much edge to it. Not that that's a bad thing in itself, it just seems a bit been ther done that. Still The Fillion is always good value and is the show's main strength at the moment.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to opark_77)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Castle - US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI