Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

My Own Worst Enemy - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> My Own Worst Enemy - US Speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Own Worst Enemy - US Speed - 13/10/2008 3:00:30 PM   
Chief Wiggum

For all of those that have their favourite Aunts living across the pond A new show starts tonight with Christian Slater as the lead (s)

http://www.tv.com/my-own-worst-enemy/show/75339/summary.html

quote:

Edward Albright is a super spy. Henry Spivey is living the normal American dream in the suburbs with his wife, two kids and dog. The two men have one thing in common - they share the same body because Edward took part in an experiment several years earlier to create a split personality. Henry has never met his alter-ego Edward, except for an email he receives from Edward saying that people are coming to kill him. Now, the super spy and the suburban daddy have to learn to live with each other in the same body and not get each other killed.

I'm none-too sure about it myself, if done well it has the chance to be very good, but done badly could be the worst thing to happen to TV in a long time, so anybody slightly interested?

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!
Post #: 1
RE: My Own Worst Enemy - US Speed - 15/10/2008 12:39:57 PM   
Captain Black

I'm gonna ban the next person who uses the 'American Aunts' line. Downloading bastards.

I was quite looking forward to this. The execution, actually, is better than the setup; which is just completely nonsensical. It's far more streamlined in terms of Henry/Edward's awareness of each other than I was expecting (given that it's very reminiscent of Moffat's Jekyll from last year), which might be to the benefit of an on-going series.

Notably, it's pretty adult for a network show. I counted two bastards, a fair amount of blood (though I guess that's never really been a problem for CSI) and some fairly risqué dialogue.

Slater is pretty good. Or at least, he's always watchable, but he doesn't work too hard on separating his two characters, they're both largely ill-defined at this point (is Edward supposed to be sympathetic? An Bond-esque superspy? A 'dick'?). Whether that's a choice based on not revealing too much too early, or something more symptomatic of slack writing/acting, is again something that will only be revealed in time.

Its closest current comparison, is Burn Notice. So far, that's smarter, funnier, has Bruce Campbell in a supporting role, and is just a better all round show. But for all its faults, I think I'll keep watching My Own Worst Enemy.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> My Own Worst Enemy - US Speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI