Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

24: Exile/Redemption

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 24: Exile/Redemption Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
24: Exile/Redemption - 8/10/2008 11:22:50 AM   
Goodfella

So does anyone know how this special 2-hour TV movie event is going to work real timewise? Also I don't have Sky so can I watch this online somewhere or do I have to wait for a DVD release?

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 21/11/2008 7:36:28 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 1
RE: 24: Exile - 9/10/2008 8:26:16 PM   
Gazdance

I think it's called 24:Redemption now, at least that's what play.com have listed for dvd release on 01/12/2008.  Will probably be 2 hours of real time.  From the plot synopsis; some guff about Jack rescuing orphans in Africa, it sounds like a rejected early idea for Season 7 (when they considered filming overseas).  Bring on season 7 I say!!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 2
RE: 24: Exile - 9/10/2008 8:55:36 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazdance

I think it's called 24:Redemption now, at least that's what play.com have listed for dvd release on 01/12/2008.  Will probably be 2 hours of real time.  From the plot synopsis; some guff about Jack rescuing orphans in Africa, it sounds like a rejected early idea for Season 7 (when they considered filming overseas).  Bring on season 7 I say!!

It was only rejected because they couldn't afford it. The 2 year gap between 6 and 7 gave them the funds to do it

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 3
RE: 24: Exile - 17/11/2008 11:12:24 PM   
fuzzy

Just saw an ad for it, on next Monday Sky1 at 10pm.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4
RE: 24: Exile - 17/11/2008 11:15:49 PM   
Rgirvan44

Think I will wait for the DVD on this one. Sky tend to go OTT on the adverts.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 5
RE: 24: Exile - 17/11/2008 11:24:49 PM   
Timon

As a VirginMedia customer who's just recently got Sky back... I'll watch it. Granted I've NEVER watched the likes of 24 or Lost with ads before so this is going to be a whole new experience but for a '2 hour special event' I feel it must be watched on my nice TV with surround sound rather than 'via my American cousin...on my laptop'.

And no, I don't have a cable to connect my computer to my TV.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 6
RE: 24: Exile - 18/11/2008 5:43:30 PM   
Goodfella

So it's 'Exile' in the US and 'Redemption' over here, erm, why?

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 18/11/2008 5:44:06 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 7
RE: 24: Exile - 18/11/2008 7:07:21 PM   
Scruffybobby

It's "Redemption" on the official site.

Lookig forward to this. I don't have Sky though so I guess I'll be relying on my colonial cousins to send it over special delivery, then again its's only a couple of weeks till the DVD. I might just wait.

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 8
RE: 24: Exile - 18/11/2008 7:09:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

I may actully hold off and get someone to buy me the two disk DVD for Christmas. Would make for an entertaining Christmas evening.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 9
RE: 24: Exile - 19/11/2008 11:54:18 AM   
dj vivace

I shall be ordering this from Amazon next week, its been too long without Jack!

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 10
RE: 24: Exile - 21/11/2008 4:54:40 PM   
Castor Troy

Anyone know when it's showing in the US?

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 11
RE: 24: Exile - 21/11/2008 5:02:13 PM   
Timon

So it's being shown on Sky 1. I have Virgin... which now has Sky 1 BUT I have martial arts on Monday.

So my question is, does Virgin's Catch Up On Demand service show Sky One shows?!?!?!?!?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 12
RE: 24: Exile - 21/11/2008 9:21:38 PM   
Goodfella

Think it was shown over there at the beginning of November but it isn't online yet.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 13
RE: 24: Exile - 21/11/2008 9:27:31 PM   
Zaphod121

It airs here on the 24th of Nov, so on Monday then.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 14
RE: 24: Exile - 21/11/2008 10:01:53 PM   
HIroProtagonist

Thank God Sky1 is back on Virgin Media  the rents are gonna record this for me, so I'll be able to watch it, then buy the extended version on dvd, when it comes out.

The next decision - do I ask 'em to record season 7 for me, and watch an episode a week, or not ask 'em, buy the s7 boxset when it comes out, and watch the entire season over a few days (which I did with seasons 4 upwards)

Last Five Films at the Cinema:
True Grit
Never Let Me Go.
The Fighter.
127 Hours.
The Kings Speech.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 15
RE: 24: Exile - 24/11/2008 6:54:16 PM   
kingalan

Just over three hours to go....

(in reply to HIroProtagonist)
Post #: 16
RE: 24: Exile - 24/11/2008 7:49:47 PM   
DJ Satan

Just finished watching it.

Yawn! That was boring. I think it has cured me of my Jack love and I won't be watching the next season after all.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 17
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 8:09:05 AM   
Goodfella

I had a sneaky suspicion this would probably be cack. I didn't watch it but will do when it comes online which I imagine won't be long.

I presume it didn't fit the two hour format well then?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 18
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 8:23:07 AM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

I had a sneaky suspicion this would probably be cack. I didn't watch it but will do when it comes online which I imagine won't be long.

I presume it didn't fit the two hour format well then?

Its online already mate, went up yesterday morning

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 19
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 8:46:32 AM   
Timon

I enjoyed it thought did Gill Bellows seriously try and 'serve' Jack Bauer?! The fool.

Had everything in it that I expected. Jack saving the day and then sacrificing himself for the greater good, I thought it was a nice little prequel for Season 7 even though it had a slightly DTV feel and parts seemed heavily lifted from the likes of Blood Diamond.

Loved Robert Caryle in it though and the transition from President Daniels (who is clearly Republican despite being Wayne Palmer's VP... which means Wayne must have died) and President-elect Taylor was well done even though that half on the film is clearly Season 7 related.

I personally can't wait for Season 7 though I wonder how much of an overall it's had since last year. The trailer for Season 7 this time last year made it look like Die Hard 4.0 with (the surprise villian) hacking the government systems and such.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 20
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 9:14:20 AM   
CORLEONE

I enjoyed it too. Bauer in Africa - makes a change from running round a Yank city. Very Blood Diamond.

Ps. That French UN worker annoyed the f*ck out of me. I suppose that was the point.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 21
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 9:43:03 AM   
Mojo

Seemed to borrow heavily from the Chuck Norris film Missing In Action III (which I only caught on tv last week) but that doesn't matter as it was still awesome. Liked the Robert Carlyle/Bauer relationship, would love to see them on some missions together from 15 years ago. It set the new season up nicely, which I really can't wiat for, and the final scenes with Jack at the boarder having to make the decision were great.

"I don't have a choice you son of a bitch!"

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 22
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 12:33:55 PM   
Vadersville

Absolutely fucking loved it! Anyone else pissed that Carlye died? I really wanted to see more of him and Jack. Goes to prove that 24 and Jack Bauer as a character can work outside LA and without CTU. For me the whole thing had a very Andy McNab's Nick Stone feel to it. Liked how the story in LA set up Season 7 and it gave a credible reason for Bauer bothering to return to the US for this stupid hearing/trial fiasco. 

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 23
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 1:34:18 PM   
Manny

I get the impression the americans don't like the UN lol

Nice feed into the new series though I should have read throygh what had happened in the last two seasons - its been to long

That kid was basicly a Kim subsitute, blundering around, getting people killed but providing the motivation for jack

"Babylon fives a big pile of ..."

The winky faced smily is the mark of a moron ;)

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 24
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 2:15:52 PM   
Luca Brasi

So I've just watched the season 7 trailer. And looks like between escaping a fictional African country and facing one of the bad guys from Robocop Jack manages to get a bit of cosmetic surgery to cover up is burnt ear.

It was nice to see Jack doing is thing outside of LA. However as one of those who was disappointed by season 6 I didn't see anything here that made think that season 7 is going to be much better.

(in reply to Manny)
Post #: 25
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 2:24:58 PM   
Sinatra

Anyone know if this will be repeated on Sky? and if so when?

(in reply to Luca Brasi)
Post #: 26
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 2:55:51 PM   
Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Anyone know if this will be repeated on Sky? and if so when?

On Sky two tonight at 9pm

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 27
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 3:29:11 PM   
Newander

What a top night for tv....first there was Spooks and then 24.

I thought 24 was goodish . It was all a bit predictable in Africa and as other have mentioned, really stole a lot of Blood Diamonds ideas etc.  The sub plots back in the US were promising though.

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 28
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 8:19:18 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It was ok but hardly brilliant.  It felt like there were many slow parts and not enough action.  And no Chloe which sucked.  The best I can say is that it looked great in HD.  Here's hoping season seven is better as Keifer said it's the best season yet... 

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 25/11/2008 8:20:47 PM >

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 29
RE: 24: Exile - 25/11/2008 8:47:14 PM   
Fonz

I'm being a lazy swine and just copying pretty much word for word what I've already said elsewhere...

I really liked it. It was refreshing to see Jack in a race against time that didn't involve saving LA from some kind of bomb/virus. It's a shame thought that Day Seven looks like it'll contain more of the same old shady government back stabbing that we've had going on for the previous six seasons. Some good moments for Jack (his one man defence of the school, breaking his torturers neck using only his leg) but ultimately (and of course understandably) lacking in the character depth and wow factor of a full season. At the end of the day, as a glorifed teaser for things to come, it was more than enjoyable viewing.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 24: Exile/Redemption Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI