Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dead Space - plot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Dead Space - plot Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dead Space - plot - 18/2/2009 6:58:50 PM   
Dark Knight

Play with the lights off - the sound up and hopefully alone in the room. You will also need a fresh pair of pants per chapter from about chapter 3 onwards.

Seriously - make your mind up before you start as to whether or not you are going to try to do the game with just using the plasma cutter. I haven't done it yet - but Spectre tells me that it is an awesome way to play the game. I intend to play it that way when I play it again on impossible mode.

Just enjoy it. One of my favourite games of last year.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 151
RE: Dead Space - plot - 18/2/2009 7:06:11 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Play with the lights off - the sound up and hopefully alone in the room. You will also need a fresh pair of pants per chapter from about chapter 3 onwards.

Seriously - make your mind up before you start as to whether or not you are going to try to do the game with just using the plasma cutter. I haven't done it yet - but Spectre tells me that it is an awesome way to play the game. I intend to play it that way when I play it again on impossible mode.

I do intend to play it as described. Probaly aim to do a chapter each day as I do not want to rush through it. Regarding the plasma cutter idea I assume that is an achievement too? To be honest I don't really want to go through the game more than twice as I have a lot to play. So I probaly will just go for it on hard and just with the plasma cutter. Then on my second play through on impossible I can use all the guns...I assume I will have to anyway!

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 152
RE: Dead Space - plot - 18/2/2009 7:13:53 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

I do intend to play it as described. Probaly aim to do a chapter each day as I do not want to rush through it. Regarding the plasma cutter idea I assume that is an achievement too? To be honest I don't really want to go through the game more than twice as I have a lot to play. So I probaly will just go for it on hard and just with the plasma cutter. Then on my second play through on impossible I can use all the guns...I assume I will have to anyway!

It is a decent acheivement akin to the single bullet from Half Life 2 - a great way to make you play the game. I think if I had my time again - I would play it using only the plasma cutter on my first play but I foolishly used my pulse rifle and lo and behold the chance was gone.

Oh well, as I said, just have to play it again!

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 153
RE: Dead Space - plot - 20/2/2009 11:50:50 AM   
Mojo

I think its time for me to get this. I love survival horror games and this should tide me over until Resi 5 comes out. Has anybody seen the prequel film, Downfall? Worth a shout?

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 154
RE: Dead Space - plot - 20/2/2009 12:37:30 PM   
BigKovacs

It's not bad but quite expensive for what it is. I highly recommend the free comics on XBLA, they clear up a lot of the plot lines (well make them a bit clearer any way).

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 155
RE: Dead Space - plot - 20/2/2009 7:43:10 PM   
darth silas

Just started playing this,pretty darned good.Essentially Alien meets Resident evil but thats no bad thing.I just obtained the buzzsaw thing from the shop and enjoyin slicin an'dicin!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 156
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 21/2/2009 8:24:44 PM   
losthighway

Just bought this today in Sainsburys entertainment sale for £20. Popped it in this afternoon and LOVING it! In fact, I flew through Chapter 1 and am now just past the start of Chapter 2. Agree with the Aliens reference and I'd also say it's similar in playing style to Fallout 3 (if you change the camera angle from first person!) but I'd say it's A LOT better, and way more fun, to play than that game.

Definately recommend folks buying this and I can certainly see myself working through this one at a rapid pace.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 157
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 22/2/2009 11:02:00 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Popped it in this afternoon

?!

Playing it at the wrong time of day aside I have to say its a pretty enjoyable game. Scary as a Spice Girl reunion, slick with a top interface and loads and loads of atmosphere. Im loving it and even though Im going through initailly on normal Im sticking to the cutter. On my last play I got informed a 10 kiloton mass had been detected in the area I was heading. I looked at my cutter and turned the 360 off as I was too scared to go in.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 158
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 22/2/2009 11:04:30 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

Popped it in this afternoon

?!

Playing it at the wrong time of day aside I have to say its a pretty enjoyable game. Scary as a Spice Girl reunion, slick with a top interface and loads and loads of atmosphere. Im loving it and even though Im going through initailly on normal Im sticking to the cutter. On my last play I got informed a 10 kiloton mass had been detected in the area I was heading. I looked at my cutter and turned the 360 off as I was too scared to go in.

Can't imagine it being too difficult to go through with just the cutter on Normal, I did it on Hard with just the cutter, infact I'm yet to even see any of the other guns in use, though I did buy them all. I'm saving the new weapons for impossible difficulty, to give me a little boost, whenever I finally get round to playing it on impossible.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 159
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 22/2/2009 11:07:01 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Can't imagine it being too difficult to go through with just the cutter on Normal, I did it on Hard with just the cutter, infact I'm yet to even see any of the other guns in use, though I did buy them all. I'm saving the new weapons for impossible difficulty, to give me a little boost, whenever I finally get round to playing it on impossible.

OK, Im crap

Thats my plan too. Impossible will open up after completing it on normal won't it?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 160
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 22/2/2009 11:26:51 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

OK, Im crap

Thats my plan too. Impossible will open up after completing it on normal won't it?

I believe so, I don't think it's specific to completing it on a certain difficulty, any will do.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 161
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 22/2/2009 11:48:49 AM   
losthighway

Out of interest how big is the game. i.e. how many chapters do I have to go through?

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 162
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 22/2/2009 12:01:26 PM   
borstal

If you check the achievements its 11 or 12

Post #: 163
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 22/2/2009 7:13:37 PM   
losthighway

Cool. Just completed another chapter today; now into Chapter 3 and loving it.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 164
RE: Dead Space - bargain! - 22/2/2009 10:25:34 PM   
pedros

I'm doing my second playthrough at the moment, trying to get more achievements. I did my first playthrough using only the plasma cutter so I can have fun with the other guns now - the flamethrower was a bit shit but I've got my 30 enemies killed achievement with that now so don't have to worry about it. Having lots of fun with the ripper at the moment, it's awesome! Should hopefully have all but the hardest difficulty setting achievement after this playthrough, i'll be on my way to my first 1000 point completed game - how exciting!

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

Post #: 165
RE: Dead Space - Help - 24/2/2009 2:20:22 PM   
losthighway

HELP PLEASE!!

I'm on Chapter 4 and just got to the bit where you are blasting asteroids (looks a bit like that scene from Star Wars in the Millenium Falcon!). Is there a technique to doing this bit because I can get as far as being told, give me an extra minute and then a huge shower of them arrives and i'm dead. I am going for a wiggle the stick, hit the fire buttons and hope for the best strategy at the minute...

Should I be aiming somewhere or doing something specific?

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 166
RE: Dead Space - Help - 24/2/2009 2:54:39 PM   
Clarence Worley

quote:

HELP PLEASE!!

I'm on Chapter 4 and just got to the bit where you are blasting asteroids (looks a bit like that scene from Star Wars in the Millenium Falcon!). Is there a technique to doing this bit because I can get as far as being told, give me an extra minute and then a huge shower of them arrives and i'm dead. I am going for a wiggle the stick, hit the fire buttons and hope for the best strategy at the minute...

I just aimed for the centre ones only, focus on the bigger asteroids and that shld do the job!

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.

That's what they're saying about me now? That I'm paranoid?

Post #: 167
RE: Dead Space - Help - 24/2/2009 2:56:54 PM   
losthighway

Thank you!  I'll give that a whirl then. I'm guessing this is towards the end of Chapter 4 and I'm determined to get back on that shuttle train and onto Chapter 5!

(in reply to Clarence Worley)
Post #: 168
RE: Dead Space - Help - 24/2/2009 5:35:18 PM   
Mojo

This arrived this morning, had a VERY quick play on it and I think I'm really gonna like it. Going to get into a nighttime session later, got ALL night. If I do my first play through with just the plasma cutter, will it ruin the experience in anyway?

Post #: 169
RE: Dead Space - Help - 24/2/2009 8:10:51 PM   
pedros

quote:

HELP PLEASE!!

Turn the brightness right up and then you can see them earlier. And alternate between left and right fire. I got stuck on this bit for ages on my first playthrough but did it eventually. One of the achievements is to do this bit with 50% shields remaining, that's a tough one (but I managed it eventually!)

Hey, wha' happened???

Post #: 170
RE: Dead Space - Help - 24/2/2009 8:13:09 PM   
pedros

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

This arrived this morning, had a VERY quick play on it and I think I'm really gonna like it. Going to get into a nighttime session later, got ALL night. If I do my first play through with just the plasma cutter, will it ruin the experience in anyway?

I did my first playthrough using only the plasma cutter and it didn't spoil it at all - in fact it's still my main gun on my second playthrough. It's handy as you beef it up pretty quickly as you won't need the nodes for other weapons, plus any ammo you pick u for the other weapons you just sell.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 171
RE: Dead Space - Help - 24/2/2009 9:50:21 PM   
losthighway

Hey pedros, after about 7/8 tries, I eventually got there but fuck me was that bit difficult (and i'm doing this game on Easy!!). I'm now just at the start of Chapter 5  As for types of gun to use, I've built up my credits and slowly bought the various guns (I hate seeing those credits fall so fast ) and I've only just upgraded my suit to a Level 2, very impressive it looks too.  The items I find that I run out of most are Med Packs and Air Cans.

So far, this game is definately living up to the hype/reviews!

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 172
RE: Dead Space - Help - 25/2/2009 1:58:43 AM   
Mojo

Just finished Chapter 2 and really loving this, totally awesome atmostphere and it reminds me of some of my favourite films. Love the radio/video transmissions you come across. The monsters all seem pretty similar so far but I'm sure there will be variation as I delve deeper into the bowls of the ship.

Post #: 173
RE: Dead Space - Help - 26/2/2009 4:43:14 AM   
Mojo

Just finished a monster session, wanted to make the game last but just couldn't stop playing it tonight. I love listening to Acting Chief Engineer Temple's audio logs, hope he and his mrs made it out okay.

Took me a few tries to kill that big poison monster, was getting pretty stressed but after each time I got more efficient and the bitch eventually went down. This is really gearing me up for Resi 5.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 174
RE: Dead Space - Help - 26/2/2009 11:45:17 AM   
BigKovacs

Temple is the un-sung hero of Dead Space along with his missus. Really good back story.I'm looking for them in the prequal comics.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 175
RE: Dead Space - Help - 26/2/2009 1:23:39 PM   
velocityboy

I loved this game. Brilliant, like watching Aliens for the first time. Turned the lights off and the sound up and scared the crap out of myself and jumped a lot. Its this game that finally made me realise why, and how, I play games. I've noticed that I'm just wanting to play a game to get its narrative and not necessarily the gameplay. I was doing it before I realised, by sticking the games I was playing on easy. And by realising why and how I play games I can usually pick up ones that I know I'll enjoy. This has led me to pick up older games for cheap, such as Kane & Lynch, and just play through for the story. I'm going to wait a while and get QOS cheap and play it for the story. The only other games I play are same room multiplayer stuff.

Anything to recommend?

Incidently, Dead Space ruined resident evil for me. I can't believe you can't move and shoot at the same time!

"I'm always one step ahead...like a carpenter, who makes stairs "

My eyes are open.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 176
RE: Dead Space - Help - 26/2/2009 1:32:51 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Anything to recommend?

If you haven't already got them, Bioshock & The Orange Box.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to velocityboy)
Post #: 177
RE: Dead Space - Help - 27/2/2009 10:29:19 AM   
losthighway

When I first got my XBox I looked at Bioshock but never got it and what is The Orange Box?

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 178
RE: Dead Space - Help - 27/2/2009 10:35:40 AM   
borstal

Orange Box is a collection of Half Life titles+chapters, Team Fortess 2 and the utterly sublime Portal.

Best value for money on the 360.

PS Bioshock is awesome

Post #: 179
RE: Dead Space - Help - 27/2/2009 5:49:51 PM   
losthighway

Help! I'm stuck again... On Chapter 5 and been locked in a room by a mad scientist with a group of necromorphs (or whatever they're called!) and a large one that can never die. Is there a knack to getting out of this situation, as they're are two doors but both are locked and i'm consistently using up all my ammo and dying.

Help please!!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Dead Space - plot Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI