Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Memento

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Memento Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Memento - 5/8/2012 2:25:30 PM   
Ref

Well first time watching this film last night, and what can I say? A genuinely surprising film, with fantastic performances by all. Many films of this ilk try too hard to confuse wherein the viewer just gets bored trying to figure it out. However, Memento's genius is the slow unravelling of it all.

Brilliant film indeed.

4.5/5

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
A truly spellbinding film - 5/2/2013 10:06:00 AM   
Mr Gittes

It would be very hard for a movie to live up to such a great story as this, but this instant classic does the job, with excellent direction from Christopher Nolan and a phenomenal performance by Guy Pearce making this one of the greatest film noirs ever made. This is a mindbending thriller if there ever was one.

Post #: 32
- 10/4/2013 12:42:33 PM   
A_Good_Fella

Really, really interesting thriller. Just when you think you might have sussed out how things happen, it suddenly throws you another twist to scupper what you thought was a brilliant piece of detective work by yourself. Although I think Memento may be a film to only watch once - the whole point is not knowing what is coming next and being surprised and confused when a (unbearably) little bit more is revealed to you.

Post #: 33
just a realy big WHAT? - 11/4/2013 11:34:29 PM   
Ralph25

Memento is one of those movies that will make you be thinking about for days and days. The film is a puzzle very clever and original that will have you guessing from start to finish, and beyond. The story and direction are the best, the way that Christopher Nolan account and directs the film is amazing.
Plainly put, the film tells the story of Leonard Shelby, a man who lost his short-term memory in a robbery where his wife was raped and murdered, now he is looking for the killer, despite his mental disability that makes you lose memory after every conversation he has. Simple as that. You do not need to know more.
The film is constructed and told in such a way that you are constantly put on the skin of Leonard Shelby, wonderfully played by Guy Pierce. Carrie-Ann Moss gives a performance equally mysterious and complex.
This movie is well done all the way around - the direction, the editing, and especially that the original story is superb, everything is different from what we have seen. From start to finish the film grabs you physically and mentally, to one of the best endings ever made.

Post #: 34
just a realy big WHAT? - 11/4/2013 11:34:30 PM   
Ralph25

Memento is one of those movies that will make you be thinking about for days and days. The film is a puzzle very clever and original that will have you guessing from start to finish, and beyond. The story and direction are the best, the way that Christopher Nolan account and directs the film is amazing.
Plainly put, the film tells the story of Leonard Shelby, a man who lost his short-term memory in a robbery where his wife was raped and murdered, now he is looking for the killer, despite his mental disability that makes you lose memory after every conversation he has. Simple as that. You do not need to know more.
The film is constructed and told in such a way that you are constantly put on the skin of Leonard Shelby, wonderfully played by Guy Pierce. Carrie-Ann Moss gives a performance equally mysterious and complex.
This movie is well done all the way around - the direction, the editing, and especially that the original story is superb, everything is different from what we have seen. From start to finish the film grabs you physically and mentally, to one of the best endings ever made.

Post #: 35
otnemeM - 16/6/2013 10:00:46 PM   
Jungle23

Nolan is an absolute genius; I'd take my hat off to him if I could remember where I put it. The film's narrative through its structure had me glued to the screen; my brain couldn't switch off for the film takes one through an experience the same as that Pearce Guy's. Nolan lets us know that backwards is the way forwards and with ideas like his, expect temporary insomnia as you stay up all night to re-watch what is one of the best films ever.

Now, where was I?

Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Memento Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI