Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

THE STANLEY KUBRICK ARCHIVES

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> THE STANLEY KUBRICK ARCHIVES Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE STANLEY KUBRICK ARCHIVES - 6/10/2008 10:52:33 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Possibly the greatest film-related book ever made has just been re-released. Previously priced at in excess of 200 and latterly only available via ebay, or amazon marketplace, click here for the book at just 29.99! Here's a snippet of what the book has:

"Imposingly dense, wide as a barn door and weighing in at a lap-crushing 15 pounds, The Stanley Kubrick Archives showed up one morning in our offices, where my editor and I circled it like curious apes." - Time Out, New York"

This title is finally available again - in a special anniversary edition! This is the first book to explore Stanley Kubrick's archives and the most comprehensive study of the filmmaker to date, divided into 2 parts.Part 1: The films - In 1968, when Stanley Kubrick was asked to comment on the metaphysical significance of 2001: "A Space Odyssey", he replied: "It's not a message I ever intended to convey in words. 2001 is a nonverbal experience...I tried to create a visual experience, one that bypasses verbalized pigeonholing and directly penetrates the subconscious with an emotional and philosophic content." The philosophy behind Part 1 borrows from this line of thinking: from the opening sequence of Killer's Kiss to the final frames of Eyes Wide Shut, Kubrick's complete films will be presented chronologically and wordlessly via frame enlargements. A completely nonverbal experience.Part 2: The Creative Process - Divided into chapters chronologically by film, Part 2 brings to life the creative process of Kubrick's filmmaking by presenting a remarkable collection of material from his archives, including photographs, props, posters, artwork, set designs, sketches, correspondence, documents, screenplays, drafts, notes, and shooting schedules. Accompanying the visual material are essays by noted Kubrick scholars, articles written by and about Kubrick, and a selection of Kubrick's best interviews.Part 1 features 800 film stills scanned directly from the original prints and interpositives. Part 2 presents about 800 items from the archives, most of which have never been published before. It includes essays by Kubrick scholars Gene D. Phillips, Michel Ciment, and Rodney Hill. It presents selected articles and essays, including interviews with and essays by Stanley Kubrick. It offers illustrated Kubrick chronology. It accompanies audio CD featuring a 70-minute 1966 interview of Stanley Kubrick by Jeremy Bernstein. It is made in cooperation with Jan Harlan, Christiane Kubrick, and the Stanley Kubrick Estate.
Amazon.co.uk Product Information

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.
Post #: 1
RE: THE STANLEY KUBRICK ARCHIVES - 7/10/2008 8:08:56 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

170 cheaper? Bargain!

Not sure if I have any bookshelves that could handle a 15 pounds increase though

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> THE STANLEY KUBRICK ARCHIVES Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI