Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What the hell is twilight????

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: What the hell is twilight???? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What the hell is twilight???? - 13/10/2008 4:43:56 PM   
Beno

"OFF TO THE BOOK STORE"!!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 31
RE: What the hell is twilight???? - 13/10/2008 8:39:37 PM   
rancorpuppet

Buffy and Angel's romance, reimagined with the names changed and written by Evanescence - I hope Brit kids won't be, ahem, sucked into this phenomenon so blindly.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 32
RE: What the hell is twilight???? - 13/10/2008 8:50:09 PM   
Rgirvan44

They aren't even proper vampires....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to rancorpuppet)
Post #: 33
RE: What the hell is twilight???? - 13/10/2008 9:33:51 PM   
clownfoot

Does it suck, then?

I'll get my coat...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 34
RE: What the hell is twilight???? - 13/10/2008 10:10:05 PM   
Rgirvan44

That joke was awful.

Fangs for nothing.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 35
- 14/10/2008 3:17:28 PM   
Karl Crutchley

I am reading Twilight at the moment to see what all the fuss is about. And I do indeed hope it makes me a better man, a better father and indeed a better citizen. Lord knows several priests and a number of pyschiatrists haven't been able to thus far............

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 36
RE: For Rob Pattinson fans - 18/10/2008 12:08:20 AM   
Goodfella

What the hell is this Twilight bullshit? It's starting to remind me of all the LOTR and Harry Potter m'larkey, is it honestly going to be that good? If it's just a bunch of good-looking lads biting each other I'd rather go and see High School Musical 3 thanks...

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 37
RE: For Rob Pattinson fans - 18/10/2008 1:48:46 AM   
DouglasG

I have no doubt in my mind it will be anymore than a 3 star teen romance flick, but if its done right, it could turn out to be as fantastic as the novel.

Journalism Student and Film Festival Programmer

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 38
RE: For Rob Pattinson fans - 28/10/2008 4:18:41 PM   
JessFranco

No-one over the age of 12 should take Twilight seriously.

It's hilarious, though, and not intentionally so.

< Message edited by JessFranco -- 28/10/2008 4:19:42 PM >

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

(in reply to DouglasG)
Post #: 39
Can't Wait!! - 30/10/2008 4:10:16 PM   
misskooky

I've been waiting for this film to come out for ages.....I read all the books in 10days they were so hard to put down..and from watching all the trailers on youtube it looks like it's not gonna disappoint!!

Post #: 40
Ready for the Movie - 30/10/2008 6:49:28 PM   
BrittaniTwihard

I am totally ready for the movie to come out! It's going to be so awesome! Robert Pattinson is the perfect Edward Cullen!

Are you in your 20's and love twilight? Check out www.twilight20somethings.com

Post #: 41
RE: Ready for the Movie - 31/10/2008 12:01:25 PM   
rayhiggins

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrittaniTwihard

I am totally ready for the movie to come out! It's going to be so awesome! Robert Pattinson is the perfect Edward Cullen!

Are you in your 20's and love twilight? Check out www.twilight20somethings.com

This smells suspicious, but I can't tell. To be on the safe side, don't advertise other websites/Pattinson films in your very first post. The website has problems with very suspicious postings from Twilight fans/PR, and this is one of the most common links between them. You don't want to get on Helen's wrong side.

(in reply to BrittaniTwihard)
Post #: 42
RE: Ready for the Movie - 31/10/2008 12:12:22 PM   
Harley Quinn

I read the first book and was strangely indiffrent to it and I read Laurell K Hamilton for goodness sake. I think the film will be a bit meh to be honest.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to rayhiggins)
Post #: 43
23 and love these books - 31/10/2008 12:22:38 PM   
hit_or_miss_me

Only started reading the books 2 weeks ago and have already finished. They're truely awful and aimed at 14 year old girls but I loved them!! The film looks like it'll definitely be worth seeing. Not sure if there's too much in the books or film for guys though, but seeing as 80% of films out there are primarily aimed at guys, I have nothing against a good old girly film!!

Post #: 44
Reading the Book - 31/10/2008 12:37:23 PM   
Karl Crutchley

I have been trying to finish this book for over 2 weeks now, and am about halfway through. I'm still waiting for something to happen in it! Its all "His eyes were so beautiful...", "his skin gleamed and muscles rippled..." & "his scent was intoxicating......". I find myself laughing out loud at it all.     The literary style & tone of writing is almost as bad as that in the Harry Potter books, and I couldn't bring myself to read any more of those after I subjected myself to the first one. The same will happen with Twilight I think. I keep wishing Lestat de Lioncourt would put in a guest appearence and kill them all for being so, well just so meh. Now those, the Anne Rice novels, are some damn fine Vampire books.  

< Message edited by Karl Crutchley -- 31/10/2008 2:12:26 PM >

Post #: 45
RE: Reading the Book - 31/10/2008 4:32:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Crutchley

I have been trying to finish this book for over 2 weeks now, and am about halfway through. I'm still waiting for something to happen in it! Its all "His eyes were so beautiful...", "his skin gleamed and muscles rippled..." & "his scent was intoxicating......". I find myself laughing out loud at it all.     The literary style & tone of writing is almost as bad as that in the Harry Potter books, and I couldn't bring myself to read any more of those after I subjected myself to the first one. The same will happen with Twilight I think. I keep wishing Lestat de Lioncourt would put in a guest appearence and kill them all for being so, well just so meh. Now those, the Anne Rice novels, are some damn fine Vampire books.  

You're actully reading them!!!!

Tell me - do these 'vampires' require blood?

(in reply to Karl Crutchley)
Post #: 46
RE: Reading the Book - 1/11/2008 3:14:14 PM   
Karl Crutchley

Yes, but they decided to only drink animal blood so they can live amongst humans.
A bit like Angel from Buffy. But Angel was actually interesting and had charisma, which these vamps are somewhat lacking.
It certainly is a trial trying to get through it.
Fortunately, I keep finding new Hellblazer books in the library that I haven't read to distract me from it.
At least all the fangirls can't have a pop at me now for not having read Twilight. I'll try anything me, thats what a martyr I am.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 47
RE: Reading the Book - 1/11/2008 7:24:20 PM   
Rgirvan44

I doff my cap to you sir.

Saw the trailer today in the cinema. Someone behind me said "how can he be out in the daylight" - I wanted to turn round and make a comment but resisted.

(in reply to Karl Crutchley)
Post #: 48
RE: Empire's Guide To Twilight - 4/11/2008 3:09:38 PM   
marinamay

it's absolutely horrific, the attention these books have received. They're badly written. I've read better fiction on fanfiction.net; although having said, that my teenage sister is a girl possesed! days are spent on nowt but talking about it, and it has gotten much worse since photos of the cast were released, so maybe whoever wrote that that pattinson boy is the new Depp is onto something there. He is sort of angular.

Post #: 49
RE: Empire's Guide To Twilight - 4/11/2008 4:12:21 PM   
Youshouldberunning

It's not horrific. It's...well, I don't know what it is. I do feel slightly better now that I have spotted a few fellow red-faced comments from those who should really know better, but despite themselves have enjoyed/will enjoy Twilight gubbins.
The books are written in almost pure superlative, everything heightened to the n-th degree, but then, if you remember, that is what everything felt like that at the age of 17 - everything that happened was the absolute zenith or nadir of life itself.
I would never suggest that the book or the film will be anything more than a gulity little pleasure, and those of us above the age of, let's say 18, should recognise this and let the younglings come to blows over Edwards' "topaz" eyes etc...
To sum up, the books are sexualised (sorry, sensualised - PG) Harry Potter and that is all I expect from the film.

(in reply to marinamay)
Post #: 50
RE: Empire's Guide To Twilight - 4/11/2008 4:58:53 PM   
Youshouldberunning

I hope that doesn't sound like I want to see Harry Potter have sex.

(in reply to Youshouldberunning)
Post #: 51
RE: Empire's Guide To Twilight - 4/11/2008 5:04:03 PM   
marinamay

i meant no offence. at all. I utterly agree with you that teenage angst will intensify absolutely everything and I do remember school days when a meaningless look cast across the classroom was talked about for days on end. I just couldn't finish the darn thing. I appreciate the fact that it's given something quite beautiful to lots of women to smile about...and that's about it.
I'll be going to see the movie, though. I gotta.

(in reply to Youshouldberunning)
Post #: 52
RE: Empire's Guide To Twilight - 4/11/2008 5:31:48 PM   
Youshouldberunning

I wasn't offended. I wouldn't be offended even if you were trying to be offensive! I was looking for a way to ease some of my embarrassment for engaging in the Twilight debate. In fact, I don't know why I am still posting...

(in reply to marinamay)
Post #: 53
Yes and No - 7/11/2008 5:05:03 PM   
Crazychick

I'm 26yrs old and i loved the 'Twilight' series looking forward to the movie wether or not it'll match up to the books or not is another question we'll just have to see on 19th December! I am getting slightly annoyed at people who may have or not read the books and decide to slag them off, i believe that everyone is entitled to there own opinion but is it neccessary to get so wound up over something they apparently hate and care nothing about...i think they secretly love the book but are to scared to let the world knw lol xxx

Post #: 54
TWILIGHT!! - 10/11/2008 7:53:17 PM   
JessiieWessiie

I Cannot wait for twilight. i've been reading them since the 1st one was released. i've always been hoping that a movie would be made and since this huge break through of the books over the last year its all been made possible!

Post #: 55
Emmett - 30/12/2008 6:53:40 PM   
WhateverLoser

Emmett is not boring. In the book he's just amazing and constantly brings a smile to my face. Just because he isn't in the movie as much as he should be doesn't make him boring. For example, the scene where the Cullens are making italiano for Bella and Emmett waves a knife at her... had me in stitches. He's the only redeeming part in the movie.
Twilight (or as I like to call it, Twatlight) was a crap movie.

< Message edited by WhateverLoser -- 27/6/2009 2:17:59 PM >

Post #: 56
RE: Emmett - 26/4/2009 3:46:16 PM   
ptitemitsu

hello,
I love the books and finished them so quickly. i think it is a good film as well, even if sometimes i wish there was more things from the books. I love how it is written, evne if it can be a bit "teenaging". the actors are good, becasue it is kind of hard to show feelings like in the books. It shows a lot of perfection, exaclty what a lot of people want. i think i heard a million times " i want a boyfriend like Edward, he is so perfect!" men can see easly what a ot of women want. no offence on men. but we cant forget its books, and stay head on shoulders.
by the way i love Anne Rice books, and it is still different stories, even if there is a lot of similarities. and emmett is really fun, not boring when we read the books, it is a guy really smiling and having fun easly, so it is kind of good.

(in reply to WhateverLoser)
Post #: 57
RE: Emmett - 9/5/2009 7:28:03 PM   
Moviebabe

i enjoyed the books however the important thing to remember is.....................they are fiction and not to be taken seriously!!! 
the film totally bombed...and was a poor represntation of the books!!......and whats the massive fuss about robert pattinson??...i'll never understand!!

**Tired of trying, Sick of crying, yeah i'm smiling but inside i'm dying!**

** when your torn between two which one do you choose the one you love or the one who loves you!**

(in reply to ptitemitsu)
Post #: 58
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: What the hell is twilight???? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI