Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fringe - UK Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe - UK Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 3/5/2009 5:03:24 PM   
Winchester Bunny

I think I usually end up exclaiming 'Bloody hell!' at some point in each episode which is great Like the shocks and the episode of the week format but the overlying arc of 'the pattern' doesn't interest me. Love walter though, very well written character

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 61
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 10/5/2009 11:29:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

http://www.juliansanchez.com/2009/04/07/solution-to-the-fringe-glyph-cipher/comment-page-1/#comment-7063

The Fringe symbols have almost been solved...

(in reply to Winchester Bunny)
Post #: 62
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 11/5/2009 9:37:20 AM   
HIM

I started watching this on Sky One mostly because of the promise of another Lost type show from JJ Abrams, but it just wasn't at that level and I stopped watching after about 4 or 5 episodes. However, the other week I noticed it was on next (after Lost) so I thought, why not? and gave it another go and I actually enjoyed it.  I think it's a good show in it's own right and it was unfair to expect another Lost-style ongoing mystery show as Fringe is more episodic and much more akin to The X Files and CSI. It's not essential viewing like Lost is but its still a good hour of TV. What episode are we up to now in the UK? How many episodes are in this season? And has it been renewed for a second season?

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 63
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 11/5/2009 12:41:00 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM
What episode are we up to now in the UK? How many episodes are in this season? And has it been renewed for a second season?

The latest ep was 18 out of 20, and yes it has been renewed.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 64
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 11/5/2009 6:17:17 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Love this show, just a shame it's not on next Sunday due to Lost finale, but ah well, maybe there'll be a double bill week after 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 65
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 12/5/2009 9:34:32 AM   
discodave101

Who was the person they revealed to be behind the terrorist group that was the big reveal at the end of the latest episode? I take it we were supposed to know and be flabbergasted, but me and the missus just looked at each other and went 'who?'

I assume its the guy who created Massive Dynamic.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but Fringe is one of those enjoyable filler shows that I usually watch when eating my dinner or something, so tend to miss a few things here and there.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 66
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 12/5/2009 10:22:16 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Who was the person they revealed to be behind the terrorist group that was the big reveal at the end of the latest episode? I take it we were supposed to know and be flabbergasted, but me and the missus just looked at each other and went 'who?'

Haha that's exactly what me and my girlfriend did!

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 67
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 12/5/2009 10:48:07 AM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

The scene with Dunham and Broyles in the restaurant? Midnight I think that one was called.

CASTING SPOILER Leonard Nimoy plays Dr. William Bell His voice was at the end of Bad Dreams when Walter Bishop sat down and watched the video tape of 'Olive'.

It finishes in the U.S. this week.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 68
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 12/5/2009 10:57:05 AM   
elab49

quote:

Or, if you recognised the name, 'duh'.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 69
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 12/5/2009 11:05:21 AM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Or, if you recognised the name, 'duh'.

Yeah that was my reaction, it was really obvious.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 70
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 12/5/2009 3:37:17 PM   
discodave101

The fact that it was so obvious is why I guessed it must be him. Glad I can be sure now, and HIM - I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The casting spoiler mentioned above makes sense now. As soon as the show finished I did a search on the name to see who the hell it was, and that persons face popped up.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 71
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 13/5/2009 8:32:10 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

The finale was very good. I won't say any more than that.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

Post #: 72
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 19/5/2009 3:36:19 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

Haha that's exactly what me and my girlfriend did!

Same here I think it must be the guy who started Massive Dynamic. I love this show even more than Lost and think its certainly becoming the next X Files its so orgional A Abrams is a genius.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 73
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 19/5/2009 3:53:11 PM   
Zaphod121

A Abrams?

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 74
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 19/5/2009 4:37:12 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

A Abrams?

Ok clever cloggs what is he`s name or the correct spelling then?

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 75
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 21/5/2009 11:48:37 AM   
Zaphod121

Um, JJ Abrams http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0009190/ Double bill finale this Sunday, looking forward to it!

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 76
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 22/5/2009 4:02:22 PM   
impqueen

I quickly lost patience and interest with Lost during series two (I know it’s apparently been awesome since) but I have to say it got annoying quickly for me and I didn’t “connect” with any of the characters or in fact like any of them, so by Series Two I moved on to Battlestar Galactica…

I wasn’t too sure about Fringe at the start; it was nonsense, entertaining to some degree but not fantastic, except John Noble who was instantly excellent and entertaining. However around the halfway mark the show picked up immensely, yes it’s still incredibly silly sometimes and the lead female Agent Olivia Dunham is still a little weak but Pacey has really come along since the start.

The second half of the series has been a blast, confusing, funny, gruesome and a little insane but still good entertainment.  I still believe John Noble remains the reason to keep tuning in, Walter Bishop has become less manic and a little bit more stable but remains his eccentric self and continues to amuse greatly whilst offering a lot of drama and angst too, the rest of the cast have settled into their roles and the last two episodes were brilliant.     

I await Series Two with some anticipation.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 77
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 28/6/2009 12:55:13 PM   
impqueen

Bump!
Meghan Markle joins 'Fringe'
Actress to recur on Fox's sci-fi drama

By Nellie Andreeva

June 23, 2009, 10:28 PM ET
Meghan Markle has joined the cast of Fox's "Fringe" as a recurring.

On the sci-fi drama, set to return for a second season in the fall, Markle will play an attractive, brash and quick-witted junior FBI agent.

The Warner Bros. TV-produced series, from J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, stars Anna Torv as FBI special agent Olivia Dunham, who investigates paranormal phenomena with the help of Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble) and his son Peter (Joshua Jackson).

Markle, who did an arc on the CW's "90210," is repped by Gersh and Shelter Entertainment.

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 78
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 29/6/2009 9:54:13 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

I quickly lost patience and interest with Lost during series two (I know it's apparently been awesome since) but I have to say it got annoying quickly for me and I didn't "connect” with any of the characters or in fact like any of them, so by Series Two I moved on to Battlestar Galactica…

I wasn't too sure about Fringe at the start; it was nonsense, entertaining to some degree but not fantastic, except John Noble who was instantly excellent and entertaining. However around the halfway mark the show picked up immensely, yes it's still incredibly silly sometimes and the lead female Agent Olivia Dunham is still a little weak but Pacey has really come along since the start.

The second half of the series has been a blast, confusing, funny, gruesome and a little insane but still good entertainment.  I still believe John Noble remains the reason to keep tuning in, Walter Bishop has become less manic and a little bit more stable but remains his eccentric self and continues to amuse greatly whilst offering a lot of drama and angst too, the rest of the cast have settled into their roles and the last two episodes were brilliant.     

I await Series Two with some anticipation.

Same here. That ending had me going

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 79
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 26/8/2009 11:19:49 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I missed this the first time round as I didn't have Sky so I've been watching the re-runs on a Thursday night two at a time. I'm quite enjoying it at the moment and it does remind me of the X-Files in a lot of ways. Walter is an absolutely fantastic character and is being played great. I also enjoying to spot 'The Observer' in every episode. I can think of worse things to do for an hour......

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 80
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 18/9/2009 7:39:01 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

So, Walter wrote that manuscript......Mmmmmmm

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 81
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 18/9/2009 10:26:31 PM   
near

Just watched the season two premier!
Wish there was more people here watching it as US speed. :(

Post #: 82
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 18/9/2009 10:53:31 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

We're getting Series Two on Sunday October 4th after House Series Six starts 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to near)
Post #: 83
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 19/9/2009 7:25:21 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: near

Just watched the season two premier!
Wish there was more people here watching it as US speed. :(

I've seen it and thought it was great. The stunt at the start was brilliant, didn't see that coming. What I did see coming though was the ending of the episode though obviously this is not the time for spoilers.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to near)
Post #: 84
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 19/9/2009 10:52:12 PM   
Zaphod121

Careful there lads, this is the UK thread!

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Rob C: Mark II!

We're getting Series Two on Sunday October 4th after House Series Six starts

Thats good to hear, glad we don't have to wait very long.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 85
RE: Fringe - UK Speed - 3/10/2009 2:06:47 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Finally finished watching the re-runs of Season 1, what an ending! This show is definetly entertaining and has got better and better. So Peter died and Walter went and got him from an 'alternate universe', they'd hinted at something through the entire series but I thought maybe Walter had done the same trials on Peter that he'd done on Olivia, obviously not. The ending with Bell in Manhatten was a great way to end the season, looking forward to the Season 2 opener tomorrow now

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 86
RE: Fringe - 4/10/2009 11:48:11 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I've heard the ratings aren't that good but the opening episode was decent.  The shape shifter storyline has been done loads of times before and parts of this seemed like a ripoff of the Angel episode lonely hearts but I still enjoyed it.  JJ is still woking on the show which surprises me.  How did Olivia survive and what did Spock tell her in the twin towers? Joshua Jackson is impressing me with his acting skills.  What did you think?

Post #: 87
RE: Fringe - 5/10/2009 1:13:26 PM   
davie_rfc

Watched the two final episodes of Season 1 on Anytime and now I see they've stuck up the first ep of Season 2. Is this a good time to jump in or have I missed far too much and should start from the beginning?

"This whole festival was put together by twenty third-graders with lots of chutzpah and one panda!"

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 88
RE: Fringe - 5/10/2009 4:20:12 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

To be honest the first half of the first season was a little bland but it really picked up in the second half, I'd say watch it from the beginning though because there are plenty of story arcs you missed out on (although you've watched the Season 1 finale so a lot of the surprises were revealed)

The Season 2 opener was solid although I was a little annoyed with the writing when Olivia couldn't remember the meeting with Bell, just smacks of lazyness to me. The big reveal at the end was also clearly sign posted, me and the mrs clicked on to it straight away. It's a shame though, I liked Charlie. Looking forward to this season though, should be a blast if handled in the same way as the last half of last season.

(in reply to davie_rfc)
Post #: 89
RE: Fringe - 6/10/2009 4:29:31 PM   
00Nothing

It wasn't a bad opener by any means, but I was a little underwhelmed by the season two opener to be honest. I loved the first season, and that cliffhanger at the end was one of the best I have ever seen on television to be honest, I mean, my jaw was literrally broken from the way it landed on the floor, but, and I never thought I would say this about JJ Abrams, some of the narrative seemed lazy to me. I mean, to give Olivia amnesia and not remember her trip to the other universe just smacked of a way of not delivering answers. Now, I know it is a mystery show and I appreciate having to work for the answers (I am someone who watched The X Files for nine years so I have experience in watching a television series in this way), but really, come on, there has to be a better way than "I can't remember", it's just not on and goes way beyond being frustrating. Also, was anyone else disssapointed that we didn't get to see Leonard Nimoy in the episode, there was definitely a big hole in the episode where he should have been. On the plus side, nice to see Joshua Jackson having a big role in the episode and rising to the occasion, and although I seen the Charlie thing coming a mile off, at least it's nice to see that Kirk Avecedo is going to get some solid work this season as well. Oh and John Noble, brilliant as always.

"I will see you in another life, when we are both cats."

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe - UK Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI